PDA

View Full Version : I have seen on other Vbulletin forums that

Mobius
04-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Some have Spell checkers. There is a Tivo forum that I have visited recently that has this feture.

As the Site "CantSpelliphile" I would realy like not having to cut my meanderings into outlook to spell check it and then pasting it back

Any Thought on this ?

cyndylu
04-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Write in a word processor document (that you don't save) then copy and paste into the reply or post section of this site. Some of the newer software even checks the grammar for you - something i obviously don't use :p

matte
04-08-2004, 10:18 AM
It doesn't bother me too much when I make spelling errors or anyone else, everybody does them now and then... I know I'm not perfect and don't want to be anyway. It helps to be able to preview posts though.

Tiger
04-08-2004, 04:32 PM
It's not that hard, especially if you don't mind an offsite spellchecking mechanism. The function is provided by spelchek.com. Just click the 'SpelChek' button beside 'submit' and 'preview'. A new window will pop out (with some ad banner, unfortunately). If you don't want the spellchecking, nothing is changed to you except a new button.

fetish101
04-09-2004, 01:59 AM
Using that feature, your new post would look like this! it worked very well.

Some have Spell checkers. There is a Tivo forum that I have visited recently that has this feature.

As the Site "CantSpelliphile" I would really like not having to cut my meanderings into outlook to spell check it and then pasting it back

Any Thought on this ?

Spitman
04-09-2004, 03:14 AM
Well done everybody! I think it's great to help Mobius, and he is not the only one who could use that kind of help.

In Mobius' case, at least he has the guts to rise above his handicap and communicate anyway, and even if his spelling and grammar are different, what he says is always worth reading.

Still, I'm sure that spelling checker tool will make him feel better about it!

I tried it on this post and it told me to correct the spelling of Mobius.

Mobius
04-09-2004, 09:05 AM
It's not that hard, especially if you don't mind an offsite spellchecking mechanism. The function is provided by spelchek.com. Just click the 'SpelChek' button beside 'submit' and 'preview'. A new window will pop out (with some ad banner, unfortunately). If you don't want the spellchecking, nothing is changed to you except a new button.
Perfect i will use this new feature.
Thanks again.