PDA

View Full Version : What do you like to be called?

Iron_Lynx
12-23-2007, 05:51 PM
I noticed there is a similar thread to this one for subs, but I couldn't come up with anything for our doms. I'm wondering what different titles you like to go by/ How you expect your subs to address you.

Euryleia
12-23-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm a southern girl, so when I'm Domming I prefer to be called Ma'am.

_ID_
12-23-2007, 08:51 PM
If being addressed by my submissive...
- Mother Fucker! That Hurt
- Fucker! That Hurt
- Asshole! That Hurt
- Bastard! That Hurt
- Sir!!! That Hurt
- Master! That Hurt
- mmphufhhgh!!! af huff (of course this is when she is gagged)

If being addressed by someone I don't know, I go by my first name. If being addressed by someone I don't know on a website. I prefer ID. If being addressed by people I do know. They can call me whatever honorific title they wish, or by my first name, or screen name.

Alex Bragi
12-23-2007, 10:09 PM
I call Bragi my FotC..*g*-- the "C" stands for Century. He's kind of partial to the title too.

thedominthehat
01-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Its really more about how a submissive says it than what they say and depends on the fantasy being played out. I find being called Sir to be hot and being called master to be awkward and it always seems to get Master of Puppets stuck in my head.

Draco
01-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Misstress is usualy the title, although there are others. Much like thedominthehat said, sometimes it depands on what is going on at the time.

Sir_Russell
01-04-2008, 09:44 PM
If I have accepted her then Master is what turn me on the most Sir is acceptable but not nearly the turn on of Master. Sir is what I expect others subs to address by but not the one I have taken for mine. She is the only one that has the right to call me Master

AAR
01-05-2008, 02:59 AM
hy i'm a domme
love to test my sub:bondage:

annie
01-05-2008, 06:48 AM
If I have accepted her then Master is what turn me on the most Sir is acceptable but not nearly the turn on of Master. Sir is what I expect others subs to address by but not the one I have taken for mine. She is the only one that has the right to call me Master

Hmmmm... this might be where we would clash. I refuse to address any one, especially as a sub, as Sir until they have earned a level of respect from me. If the word "Sir" does not come naturally into the conversation and from the depths of my soul when speaking to a Dom then to use it means I have to force it. Which feels as though it cheapens what the word means to me, something I refuse to do. Just as I won't use the word "Master" in addressing even my own Dom unless it comes naturally and builds from within. Again anything less cheapens the meaning behind the word to me.

That being said, from your posts and such Sir Russell, I'm quite sure if we were to ever talk in private "Sir" would be included in the conversation naturally. :)

Sir_Russell
01-06-2008, 01:52 PM
just_annie,
thank you for that I do not expect to be shown respect just because I say I am a Dom but again the thread was what do you Doms perfer to be called. I answer honestly.

Oh one more thing, I never insist on any term I will tell what I like but I do not take offense to any that won't or can't use them. Of course if the sub can't then we will probably not ever work in the Life, so if friends I will treat them as totally vanilla.

Ruby
01-07-2008, 11:39 AM
It depends on the person.

I prefer my Nat to call me Miss
and my other role playing subs to call me Mistress.

Often both subs or doms in the lifestyle will call me Mistress
or Mistress Ruby. Domme and Ma'am are also used.

If it makes them feel more comfortable, that's fine.
However, Ruby works for me.

Ozme52
01-07-2008, 11:58 AM
When you're getting to know me, Oz works find.
If you're a sub and it's more comfortable, Sir is acceptable.
I'm used to Sir from the SCA as well. So it is less meaningful to me as a sign of submission.

When I'm involved with you more intimately, online or itf, you would address me as Milord.

It's similar conceptually to Lord of the Manor. Yeah, I'm a medieval.

Occassionally I will refer to myself as 'your master' and there are 'ceremonial' times you might address me as Master. Usually if I am giving you something... or taking something I own.

angelic.zest
01-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Hmmmm... this might be where we would clash. I refuse to address any one, especially as a sub, as Sir until they have earned a level of respect from me. If the word "Sir" does not come naturally into the conversation and from the depths of my soul when speaking to a Dom then to use it means I have to force it. Which feels as though it cheapens what the word means to me, something I refuse to do. Just as I won't use the word "Master" in addressing even my own Dom unless it comes naturally and builds from within. Again anything less cheapens the meaning behind the word to me.

That being said, from your posts and such Sir Russell, I'm quite sure if we were to ever talk in private "Sir" would be included in the conversation naturally. :)

as annie stated it has to come natural for her, its the same with me, i usually call the "Dominant" by his name, or i'll ususally ask what i may call him to keep down any hard feelings, if it doesnt come natural for me, i cant see myself calling a man Sir, or Master, Just because you call yourself Dominant, doesn't always mean you have earned that respect from me to be called "Sir" or "Master" the respect has to be earned and not just given because u see yourself as one way..same goes for my submission, his respect for me has to be earned earned in order to be able to call myself "his girl" or "his slutty angel".
I call my Dominant "Master" and it just feels right, deep down he has earned this respect from me and ive earned the right to be called his lil angel...*feels all mushy now* ekiies LOL.. ooohh but i also call him..."Sae" or "baby" giggles...but dont know if he wanted me to say that LOL..j/k

Flaming_Redhead
01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
- Fucker! That Hurt
- Asshole! That Hurt
- Bastard! That Hurt
- Sir!!! That Hurt
- Master! That Hurt

ROFLMAO!!!!!

My dominant told me to address him by whatever I'm comfortable with, either his name, nickname, sir or whatever. *smiles* I decided when looking for a dom that I wanted one who would be like a father figure. Therefore, when I met VoodooMan and everything clicked, I almost immediately began calling him "Daddy." He's a good bit older than me, so I guess he's technically old enough to be my daddy. He even has the same first name as my biological father, which gives a new meaning to "who's your daddy?" *ggls* When we're playing, I'll sometimes resort to calling him sir, as in "yes, sir" when he's giving me an order. However, if I'm begging, I'll go back to Daddy, as in "Daddy, please!" Around others or while being a smart ass, I'll use his first name or title and last name. My favorite, though, is "Daddy." It just has a nice ring to it. I'm afraid that I'll slip up one day around my family and say it without even realizing....until I notice the shocked expressions. *lol*

crazy_grrluk
01-08-2008, 03:36 AM
- Fucker! That Hurt
- Asshole! That Hurt
- Bastard! That Hurt
- Sir!!! That Hurt
- Master! That Hurt

lololol

I call S1 Master when not in front of family and the kids. but whatever name I address him by it all means the same to us

Sadistic1
01-08-2008, 08:33 AM
- Fucker! That Hurt
- Asshole! That Hurt
- Bastard! That Hurt
- Sir!!! That Hurt
- Master! That Hurt

If being addressed by someone I don't know, I go by my first name. If being addressed by someone I don't know on a website. I prefer ID. If being addressed by people I do know. They can call me whatever honorific title they wish, or by my first name, or screen name.

LMAO ID

Well said..

I prefer to be called by my first name...or in the forums S1

In the scene most that know me, call me by my first name...I know who I am and am very secure about it, I dont need others to remind me...smiles..just my opinion.

In my girls case as cg stated all are the same.

J-Go
01-09-2008, 02:52 PM
When in play I prefer Master from my sub. Sir, Dominant, Lord also acceptable.
In RL my name is fine first or last. Coach is a moniker I have earned over the years as I coach baseball. If the boys on my baseball teams only knew....

newby
01-09-2008, 03:24 PM
i struggle w/ this. i call Him Master but i consider myself a sub not a slave so that doesnt feel quite right. We are both martial arts instructors so we call each other sir & maam in that part of our life, so i dont like calling him "Sir" outside of the school. i want a name that shows my respect & my submissiveness but i'm not quite sure what it is yet.

Sir_Russell
01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
What is funny is that I know she is mine when she slips up in public and calls me Master

DowntownAmber
01-09-2008, 10:12 PM
If the boys on my baseball teams only knew....

Hmmm... You don't want them to know? Does this mean I'll have to remove "J's Pet" from the back of the jersey I wear to next year's games? Next I suppose you'll make me hide my collar too... *snort* Peh! :rolleyes:

Sadistic1
01-10-2008, 01:13 PM
What is funny is that I know she is mine when she slips up in public and calls me Master

I agree Russell Happy New Year and best wishes to you....

It makes me smile when my girl does it , I grin even more when it happens to someone else. I also enjoy seeing the reaction from the Dominate one when His/Hers makes the slip up.....*Its Priceless* :)

TomOfSweden
01-11-2008, 05:17 AM
I like variety. My slave has gotten the habit of jokingly calling me "God". It's gotten stuck. Not pompous or anything.... Not at all :)

tessa
01-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I like variety. My slave has gotten the habit of jokingly calling me "God". It's gotten stuck. Not pompous or anything.... Not at all :)
Not pompous. Couldn't be. :rolleyes:

Self-fulfilling prophecy, maybe? :)

- Fucker! That Hurt
- Asshole! That Hurt
- Bastard! That Hurt
- Sir!!! That Hurt
- Master! That Hurt

I really needed that giggle. Thanks, ID. :wave:

The Tigress
01-15-2008, 02:10 AM
In play, instinctively I am called Mistress ____(name) by my submissive, and occasionally in public, though not when overheard, if that makes sense.

In public, I am pretty much called my name, sans titles. I happily accept most any respectful names when communicating, but in play (when both of us are in the headspace) I demand to be called what I see as the most respectful, and power-giving title of 'Mistress', always with my first name following. He is thinking too much if he is getting creative with names, while he should be focusing on the task at hand..

***Kate***
01-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Greetings.
lets start with what I like to be called. well dont call me anything ( call me ???? what you think i am a pet???). its Address me as Ma'am or Kate. never ever call me a Domme. look at the word because 1.. I am not a man/Dom 2..its not about ME its about a way of life with others..
If any slave or sub said >you mother fucker!" or "I fucking hate you, you asshole!" or "son of a bitch!" <<< to me then their arse would be so sore they would wish the earth would open up and swallow them.. and that is either if in jest /play or any other manner.
My slaves Address me as Ma'am no matter where we are. its a way of life for us Not a life style.
in saying that each to their own. however come to my place and see how far you get in the door if you dont Address me correctly...(like the sign on my house "Beware of the Gorean)

***Kate***
01-24-2008, 06:58 AM
[QUOTE=delia While visiting Kate & the slavey ones last summer, I used the proper house protocol for Her house (see Her post, above) because: a.) it's Her house, b.) i was under Her "wing", c.) that is what my Master would expect me to do... it's what is "proper"...
[/QUOTE]

And that my dear girl is because your well trained...

***Kate***

~hellish one~
01-24-2008, 12:32 PM
When you're getting to know me, Oz works find.
If you're a sub and it's more comfortable, Sir is acceptable.

OR - OzzyWizardpants! :blurp_ani

Logic1
01-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Normally I prefer my given name but Sir works fine for me aswell.

GreyJack
01-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Being from So Cal, I'm mostly a very casual guy and usually call people by the their first names or nicks (or some abbreviation of nicks), even in business situations, but this is about what we like to be called nto what we call others. Again, I'm fairly casual, my nick or some variation is fine. If in a relationship, Sir or Mr. ____ (last name) works in public for sub or slave, in private Sir (as Dom) or Master if it's a M/s relationship. Daddy might work in a role play, but I'd have to be fairly deep in the relationship (and the act) to permit "Oh, baby" *VBES*

GreyJack
01-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Being from So Cal, I'm mostly a very casual guy and usually call people by the their first names or nicks (or some abbreviation of nicks), even in business situations, but this is about what we like to be called nto what we call others. Again, I'm fairly casual, my nick or some variation is fine. If in a relationship, Sir or Mr. ____ (last name) works in public for sub or slave, in private Sir (as Dom) or Master if it's a M/s relationship. Daddy might work in a role play, but I'd have to be fairly deep in the relationship (and the act) to permit "Oh, baby" *VBES*

mkemse
01-26-2008, 10:32 PM
i prefer sir for what ever the reason, i have a great D/s relationship so the names realy never was an issue, sir is ok, not big on master myself if for no other i neevr put alot into the name along as she does wha tshe is told, how and when, neer had any problem with that so i let it at sir, show respect and why fix something that isn't broken

Silus
02-03-2008, 02:21 AM
Well like most others here Sir is what we both seem to prefer. It works when were alone or in most public places. It was never suggested or really discussed, it just seemed to come natural.

Whippett
02-14-2008, 03:20 PM
My girl calls me Sir, Master or by my name, depending on the circumstances. Sir and Master are how she addresses me in public, though.

Any other girl is free to call me sir (without the emphasis) or by my name, depending on whether we've been introduced or not, and depending on the wishes of her Master.

For submissives I respect greatly for their talents or intelligence, I prefer a first-name basis rather than a use-name.

jeanne
02-14-2008, 10:43 PM
A question.

What's a use-name?

Whippett
02-15-2008, 12:59 PM
a nom de plume, such as whipper, jeanne - sorry it's a common expression here. People in the community locally prefer to have "use names" rather than using their true names

gagged_Louise
02-15-2008, 02:45 PM
umm, I think it's her real name, Whippett.Though she didn't use it that openly here until rather recently.

Whippett
02-16-2008, 12:02 AM
umm, I think it's her real name, Whippett.Though she didn't use it that openly here until rather recently.
Hi louise - no she asked me what a "use name" is - I used the term in my earlier post - people here where I live who are in the lifestyle all use "use names" and I don't. I use one on-line because of my job - too many of the things I end up saying are recognizable - especially if you put them together with my face or name - and it would make me much less effective at what I do. My comments weren't about her name at all.

I forgot what my use name was in my post though - perhaps if I'd used my use name properly you'd have noticed the sentence should have read (pardon the inaccuracies - I'm not going to open another window to check - lol "a nom-de plume, such as Whippett, Jeanne" the comment was addressed to Jeanne - getting pedantic - must be tired

gagged_Louise
02-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Hi louise - no she asked me what a "use name" is - I used the term in my earlier post - people here where I live who are in the lifestyle all use "use names" and I don't. I use one on-line because of my job - too many of the things I end up saying are recognizable - especially if you put them together with my face or name - and it would make me much less effective at what I do. My comments weren't about her name at all.

Yes, it was plain the real point about it was what 'user names* (or nicks) are about, in general. I just wanted to add that "jeanne" wasn't that good an example because it is her real name. I think most people here are not using their standard e-mail/im accounts either, simply because that would expose their r/l identities.

jeanne
02-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Thanks Whippet! That's what I thought it meant - but in our local community I haven't heard that term.

And yes, jeanne is my real name. I'm not organized enough to have a use-name...I'd get all confused and wouldn't realize people are actually talking to me! :rolleyes:

BTW - hi Louise! :wave:

Whippett
02-16-2008, 10:14 AM
sorry to have caused confusion - I didn't use jeanne as an example of a use name jeanne - I was addressing you specifically with my comment - perhaps if I'd put it "jeanne, a use name is....Whippett."? That is what I meant - I merely put your name at the end of the phrase - not at the beginning, when I addressed you specifically...lol

ObjectivistActivist
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
My pet calls me Sir, and that's my preference. As has been previously stated by others, it's an easy enough one to use alone or in public.

icey
05-08-2008, 11:54 AM
i occasionally call Icehawk Master or Sir, we're pretty relaxed in that area, daddy has been for some time now the name i use most for him,and it's special to us.
extremely rarely i use his first name (and then only if i have to use his name to a 3rd party or he tells me to say it) i dont know why but thats never sat comfortably with me or him lol

cherry-uk
05-08-2008, 03:02 PM
when I'm not in session by my name ...but in session Thea...Greek for Goddess....mistress is too common...hehe

shanx
05-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Well it seems to be predictable but she calls me Master or Sir. I use her full given first name and second name when addressing her, in RL use the same shortened version as everyone else

yullie
05-10-2008, 12:57 AM
I choose to call "master" to my real master... coz it's fit him in there...
But i told my sub to call me "miss" coz i like it that way :D

orangeblossoms
05-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Wow, I liked to be called so many different things. Its really special when my Master uses my first name, or the shortened version.. but usually that doesnt happen too often. And Im a sucker for just little loving names, like honey, sweetheart, and baby. In playing, I get called pet, or slave, or some not so nice things. But my most recent favorite, is little girl, that's been hitting the spot in more than one area for sure.

Hime
05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
- Fucker! That Hurt
- Asshole! That Hurt
- Bastard! That Hurt
- Sir!!! That Hurt
- Master! That Hurt

Having recently addressed a dom as "bitch, please!", I definitely rofl'd at this post. :D

Personally, I haven't figured out what I prefer to be called yes. "Ma'am" sounds a bit frumpy to me (I'm in my early twenties!), and "Mistress" seems too formal.

Mr.Nuahs
06-20-2008, 05:56 PM
My wife and I struggled with this topic as well.

Sir/ Master didn't seem to fit, what I decided was that she was to address me as
"My Love..." In place of Sir and master.

This works for us.

Kuskovian
06-20-2008, 06:47 PM
I actually don't care one way or the other what title someone uses when addressing me; so long as it isn't derogetory. It is not like my dominance is dependent upon a form of address.

My own girl calls me by a variety of names through any given day depending on the situation and circumstances.

Certian forms of address I use with her and or she with I are indicators of our preferences at the time. For instance: If we are in a resteraunt or some other public venue and I call her "girl" or "kajira" she knows right away that orders are likely soon to follow; that we are no longer wearing our "vanilla" faces for the publics benifit so to speak.

In more "formal" settings such as a get together with others (were the submissives are under stricter disiplinary requirements) that share our way of life, both of us adjust our use of honorifics apropriately.

In general "Master" is what Seri calls me as her owner and "Sir or Maam" is what she uses with others; unless otherwise directed by them or myself.

It is also my personal belief that I show her as much honor as she does to me when we use the apropriate forms of address with the confines of each situation.

bgirl1987
06-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Mistress, Ma'am... I like Miss Beth too, but only in certain situations.

cyberian11
07-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I never adopted a 'scene name', and prefer to be addressed by my given name. However, those who submit to me refer to me as "my Lord", because I feel that "Sir" is a generic term to be used when addressing other dominants.

claire
07-12-2008, 11:41 PM
When I met my master, he was my first and I told him not to expect me to call him Sir or Master or any of that crap. Then one day while chatting I said yes Sir only half sarcastically and soon I was calling him Master or Sir all of the time. Then one day he said he felt he was much older than me at times and suggested that maybe we really had a Daddy - little girl relationship. At one time I would have been offended by this, but it wasn't meant as a put down. I tried it and it just felt right. He has been Daddy ever since.

Chuckdom19
07-13-2008, 12:22 PM
My Rose started as an acquaintance, and I was Chuck. When I collared her, I became Sir to her, as I was not comfy with 'Master'.

After a year, when we had met in R/L a couple times and knew each other, I became 'Master'... and with her, it was good. She is my subbie and slave, but most of all, my dearest Love.

TomOfSweden
07-14-2008, 04:48 AM
Now my slave calls me "Most powerful of potentates". If you know where its from, its not particularly flattering.

Logic1
07-15-2008, 03:21 AM
My girl calls me Prince which is kinda cute and that sure isnt something I complain about. Perhaps King would be more "Domly" or something but naah, Prince is just fine :)

shadowlev
07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
I actually prefer 'Master' over 'Mistress' even though I'm female.

Master-Redwing
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
My pet calls me Master, and refers to me as such to everyone else when talking about me (with the exclusion of immediate family...they're really vanilla), but I don't allow anyone else to do so. If I'm playing with someone else I ask what title they're comfortable with using, as long as it's not disrespectful, it's fine.

ChainsOfGonzo
08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Having recently addressed a dom as "bitch, please!", I definitely rofl'd at this post. :D

Personally, I haven't figured out what I prefer to be called yes. "Ma'am" sounds a bit frumpy to me (I'm in my early twenties!), and "Mistress" seems too formal.

Have you tried Madam? Seems like maybe a good middle ground...?

Anyway, my master has me refer to him as Sir when we are alone. Though he makes it rather challenging, because sometimes when we're just lounging about, he prefers I go back to his first name. But then the atmosphere will change and suddenly I'll know that I should be addressing him by Sir. When in public, it's usually his first name, but occasionally he will tell me to address him formally in public.

Wickedlust
09-04-2008, 01:05 AM
i feel weird now. lol. sometimes when were heavy heated + being sexy + etc, i just love it when he calls me mommy. omg. with that lil whimper + big eyes.. he has always been my puppy boy. whats odd tho he's older than me! haha. im 21 + he'l b 28 hehe.
but other than that were more lax. if i demand something of him he says nothing bak, only bows his head + does his task. a few times he's calld me mistress but sarcastically in public lol. i havent found something that clicks yet. he's my life partner so just eye contact shows me his submission. . . .

very much like a good puppy. :D

littlepet
09-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Now my slave calls me "Most powerful of potentates". If you know where its from, its not particularly flattering.

LMAO! That sounds like something I would try to get away with. haha!

For me, I don't think I could ever be in a collared relationship with someone who didn't insist on "Master." The word holds so much meaning and importance to me, that I would consider a master who didn't insist on it to be completely incompatible with me.

On a related note though, my master would be severely displeased if I referred to ANY other dominant party in any particularly deferential way, be it master, sir, ma'am, whatever. milady, milord. Doesn't matter. I am to address anyone but him as a complete equal because I am not THEIR sub/slave/pet. I am a complete equal with anyone but him and those who cannot respect that, do not spend time with us.

FrozenGrapes
09-13-2008, 02:16 PM
i prefer mistress... something about hearing it moaned and begged to me, makes my blood rush!!!

Princess Xandra
09-16-2008, 01:22 PM
I am mostly Mistress, or my first name when we're in too public/ vanilla places.

But one time, when I was really sick, he called me his Princess, and that moved me so much that it became my nick and special private name that he only uses in special ocasions.

Besides that, he always uses You when speaking to me (which is more noticeable in Dutch then English, and can give funny looks from family when he forgets to be more familiar :) ) even though I am 10 years younger then he is :rolleyes:

:wave: