PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Presidential Election

mkemse
01-23-2008, 06:00 AM
If neither Party has a Candidate you liked, would you vote for the better of the 2 evils or not vote at all, using no write in name
no need to list who you want to win, just wondered if you would vote for who you thought was the better of 2 evils or not vote at all?

Warbaby1943
01-23-2008, 06:29 AM
I would vote for the lesser of the two evils. Have had to do that in the past so it really is nothing new, IMO.

_ID_
01-23-2008, 04:58 PM
I would vote. IMO if you don't vote, you don't get the right to complain about who's in office.

mkemse
01-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I would vote. IMO if you don't vote, you don't get the right to complain about who's in office.

Yes I agree, if voters do not "Put Up" then after the election if they are not happy with who won, the need to SHUT up, my person, yet undecided by me, may not win, but i will vote so if i am unhappy with the winner I can at least say I voted and make noise about it

Thorne
01-24-2008, 05:19 AM

Ah, but that's the lovely part about this country. Everyone has the right to complain, about anything. And some people do, endlessly, about everything.

One other nice thing about this country as that we take voting to be a right and a privelege, NOT a mandatory requirement. If you don't like any of the candidates, why bother? A write in vote, for someone not even on the ballot is an exercise in futility. Do you really think anyone in the political hierarchy really cares if you write in someone else? Do you really think it will make one iota's worth of difference? Hell, do you really think that voting for ANYONE will make one iota's worth of difference?

mkemse
01-24-2008, 06:02 AM
Ah, but that's the lovely part about this country. Everyone has the right to complain, about anything. And some people do, endlessly, about everything.

One other nice thing about this country as that we take voting to be a right and a privelege, NOT a mandatory requirement. If you don't like any of the candidates, why bother? A write in vote, for someone not even on the ballot is an exercise in futility. Do you really think anyone in the political hierarchy really cares if you write in someone else? Do you really think it will make one iota's worth of difference? Hell, do you really think that voting for ANYONE will make one iota's worth of difference?

I agree but at least you get to express you views by voting as oppsed to just sitting on thr sidelines, i would rather play foorball a blow a play then be sittingin the stand complaining about a blown play, ifi blow a play i can try to make up for it, if i am not play i can't correct my mistake if i vote forthebetter of 2 evils can just dsay Hey my person didnot win as oppsed to i do not carw who wins therealizethe winner is tyhe complete opposite of my beliefs bt votingi at least express my views by doing so by not votingi remain silent

Sir_Russell
01-31-2008, 08:38 PM
I vote for the best person running, I talk up the one I think should be best for the country and then vote for that person.

Right now I am not sure who that one is but it is down to 2 one from each party.

Euryleia
01-31-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm a blue voter in a very red state, so I have gotten used to voting for the best person to run the country. Unfortunately, I then have to watch the evil one steal the election and then run the country into the ground.

rce
02-01-2008, 04:15 PM
I would always vote. A vote for the lesser evil is better than no vote at all. It seems, though, that there will be one good candidate with a chance at winning this year's presidential election: John McCain.

mkemse
02-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm a blue voter in a very red state, so I have gotten used to voting for the best person to run the country. Unfortunately, I then have to watch the evil one steal the election and then run the country into the ground.

As is eveident by the 200 election when the Suprmem Court handed the Office to Bush
Also some friendly advice, basedo n the 200 election never name a child "Chad"

Sir_Russell
02-16-2008, 08:09 PM
I am pleased so far that we have McCain for the republicans I am worried though that Obama still hasn't put out plans for his change. I fear that we can get into a bigger mess then we are in now, that started with the republican contract with America that quickly became a power and money grab.

wmrs2
02-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Be of good cheer all you who want change, Obama is beginning to admire the foreign policy of Bush and Chaney. He's been saying for awhile now that a Democrat candidate should be able to say something good about a Republican. It is so nice to hear a Democrat to acknowledge anything good about Bush and Chaney. Did you hear it last knight in the debate?

mkemse
02-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Be of good cheer all you who want change, Obama is beginning to admire the foreign policy of Bush and Chaney. He's been saying for awhile now that a Democrat candidate should be able to say something good about a Republican. It is so nice to hear a Democrat to acknowledge anything good about Bush and Chaney. Did you hear it last knight in the debate?

If Obama wins it all, he will as similar to Bush and Cheney as And Apple is to a Car

He will not do anything in anyway that Bush has done, which after 71/2 years is wonderfull to hear by itself

wmrs2
02-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Too late! He has already crossed the line. It will be interesting to see how much Obama will copy from the GOP, Bush, & Chaney. The country will not support him if he will not pledge to protect the country.

As Obama copies Bush tactics the country will see how the disgruntled and vindictive Democrats have used the war to hurt Bush and play politics. No matter how bad of a president you want Bush to appear and no matter how badly you want to do him harm, the Democrats have hurt themselves worse.

Let's watch what happens as this enlightenment unfolds. Patriotic Democrats will not support the disgruntled in their party, just like in 2004.