PDA

View Full Version : electro play?

Nipz
01-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Electro play is something I have always wanted to do. I have not seen or play with any type of electro play. I was wondering if anyone has information on this subject. What does it feel like? Can it be a good feeling and bad? Also where should I start with this? I saw a cheap one at an adult store for about $150. Would this be a go place to start? Any information you can provide with me greatly appreciated and helpful. Thank you

Nipz~

Tufty
01-29-2008, 10:33 AM
I must admit that I do electrical toys :)

I initially bought a small TENS unit but found that the pads that came with it weren't very good. You can buy additional pads if you need them, though.

Also, I've heard that some of the older muscle toner things work well but I haven't tried them. They are cheap enough to pick up on eBay

I adapted a couple of hose clips/jubilee clips as electrodes and they work fine for CBT.

You need to experiment on yourself and see which settings suit, which are pleasurable...and which ones hurt like fuck!!

I'm sure somebody else will mention it...but play safely with electrical toys like that. DON'T use above the waist and DONT use it across the heart (i.e. connected to nipples)

Nipz
01-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info.

so connecting + pad and - pad to one boob would be ok? I guess I have allot to research on this subject before I start to play with it. Any other tips or do and don't would be greatly appreciated.

TomOfSweden
01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
I bought mine here.

hxxp://www.e-stim.co.uk/index.php

exchange x's for tt's

They're fairly cheap and I'm very happy. I'd tried them out many times at various expo's before going for it.

My slave never liked them, so it never caught on. It was a fun experiment. But we did find another great usage for it. Electro stimulation of the back muscles is great for relaxing. Switching between on and off is a great way to relax tired and tight muscles.

It's doesn't hate to hurt. Low stimulation only feels great. A tingling sensation. The "width" of the pulse regulates the sharpness of it. I always set it to the widest setting which feels best.

It's kind of scary to send signals over the heart. You can feel something ain't right. A prickly, nasty sensation. Scary as hell. I just did it as an experiment.

Tufty
01-29-2008, 11:47 AM
If you google it (something like 'electro'+'BDSM') you should find lots of info. I've just cleared the history files from my computer or I could have sent you a few links.

Nipz
01-29-2008, 12:02 PM
I have search that way, but in lieu of finding free information and do and don'ts, I finding medical use information and buy my book. Anyone suggest a book on electro play?

Off to Google i go.

Nipz~

Nipz
01-29-2008, 12:21 PM
http://domsubfriends.com/cgi-local/wwwdir/db.cgi?db=res&uid=default&category=ELECTRO+PLAY&view_records=View+Records

Good info on it that I have found. Thank you all for your help.

Nipz~

Sir_Russell
01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
wrote this a while back for a new Dom hope it helps

Okay first electric play covers a lot of areas.
There is the tens unit which is probably the safest one to start with.
Then there is the violet wand, expensive but a world of different sensations are offered and if it is used carefully it is very safe.
The last one is electrical probes which I have never used but have studied.

The tens unit runs a small controlled current between 2 pads causing the muscles to contract and relax a very rapid rate. The area where the pads are to be placed should be shaved, and they must be stuck down securely a pad that comes loose will send a sharp stinging current. Most tens units come with 2 sets of pads and leads allowing 2 currents or the ability to cross the current at a particular spot.

I recommend placing them around the clit or nipple but not running across either. If she is comfortable with this you might try running one set across either but be careful with her clit. Most that I have played with can’t stand it running thru the clit and it can temporary loss of sensation. Find the kind that has controls that let you choose the style of impulse then it should have an intensity knob and a speed between impulses knob.

If you place the pads so that the current runs near the clit on either side of it, it is like a super vibrator and you can play with the strength and speed controls or set it and do other things to her away from them.

Now Violet Wands be sure to get one that has a ceramic center not the wax one. The wax melts and the wand becomes unstable. There are a lot of different attachments for most wands. I like the rake the best. When using it you need to keep it moving and the distance from the skin is very important either too close or to far away can cause burns.
Do not let her wear metal or if she has it on do not get the wand close to it, it will burn.
There is a tool that I haven’t gotten to use yet. The sub holds it allowing the current to run through her body any you can put on a glove to run over her body causing a different sensation.

The wands create a static electric charge but if held to far away they will arc to a small spot on the skin, which is painful like a super shock from walking across a wool rug and grabbing a metal door knob.

Just play with the different attachments you will find ones you both like.

As for the probes they take a machine similar to a tens unit. They apply a shock inside the body they are normally butt plugs, but there is some that is designed for the vagina.
The power unit also can be used with electric nipple clips which can be use on anything that can be clipped. The level of shock is much stronger then either of the other two when used properly.

kinkcrazy
01-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Have a look at some of the boxes for sale at ExtremeRestraints or the Stockroom. You need not get the most expensive until you have figured out which sensations you like best. You will be able to get replacement electrodes (sticky pads) at most medical supply houses a lot cheaper than adult sites. I have also done a lot of digging into the above the belt taboo, and my sense of it is that it is nonsense. A technical explanation is that these boxes have some voltage but the current that comes out is measured at most in milliamps and travels over the skin, not through it. This should not have any impact on your heart at all as long as you don't connect to a piercing or anything else that goes through the skin. Its no different than what a chiropractor would do, or for a more extreme example, what happens when Tased by a policeman. It doesn't kill you but from what I have seen it hurts like hell.

Most of all experiment. There are so many possibilities with electricity or e-stim, that you are sure to find some that are great for you.

:span:

Nipz
01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the info... I have decide to do allot more research before getting a Tens unit.