PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft bids on Yahoo...

annie
02-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Just saw this news article (http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080201/microsoft_yahoo.html)...

And while being a HUGE fan of Yahoo :), for several of their services (some free some I pay for) and being a really HUGE hater of Microsoft :mad: all I can say is...

Pleaseeeeeee NOOOOOOOOOO.... if there is a God in Heaven please don't make my life any more hellish! :32:

Anyone else have a thought?

Warbaby1943
02-01-2008, 09:44 AM
What a crime. I hope too that it doesn't happen

Ozme52
02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
It won't matter if Microsoft's intention is owning the market share and they recognize the best way to do so is to keep the competing sites and staffs separate.

If the intention is to remake Yahoo into their own image... yeah... it'll be a freaking albeit temporary disaster. Temporary because someone will fill the gap and become the new Yahoo. Google for example is already becoming a major player.

ThisYouWillDo
02-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Actually, I'm quite unmoved by it all.

As far as I'm concerned, Google's best anyway, not that I'm much of a fan of Google. It's just there.

TYWD

Euryleia
02-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Well, purchasing yahoo is in line with their plans to take over the world. Here is a funny blog entry on MS:

Microsoft Purchases Evil From Satan
By Brian Briggs
Redmond, WA - Microsoft purchased evil from Satan for $2.7 billion after many months of tough negotiations.

"We've been after Satan for some time," said CEO Steve Ballmer. "Negotiations were tough, but I think both Microsoft and the Prince of Darkness are happy with this deal."

Microsoft already controls 15% of the evil market, and with this purchase that number nears 100%. The Department of Justice voiced concerns over one corporation controlling so much evil, and launched investigations.

"We feel that there are real opportunities with evil, and that when evil is integrated into our next generation of Windows products consumers will appreciate evil on their desktop," said Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates. "Businesses haven't been able to fully realize their evil potential. With evil integrated into Office XP, corporations big and small will begin to see enhanced evil productivity."

"Evil is a real growing market," market strategist Frank Dresgan of Merrill Lynch explained. "Microsoft is a little late in the game, but even when they enter a market late they still tend to dominate. I think we'll see the same results with evil."

"I've been dealing with Microsoft for some time," Lucifer said. "I've been at this evil thing for millions of years, and wanted a way out. I considered an IPO, but then Steve-O and Billy came along and told me about their 'Evil Everywhere' plan. I just couldn't refuse."

Evil was founded by Satan close to the beginning of time. It has been growing steadily ever since, although most of the growth has accelerated in the past five years with the development of the Internet. Satan plans to retire to a small island in the Bahamas and write a column for the local newspaper.

mkemse
02-01-2008, 08:11 PM
my best guess is with all the money and influence Miscrosofdt has they will eventualy get what they want

When Ruper Murduct of Fox Network New Corp Fame tried to buy the Wall Street Journal he was given a HUGHE thumbs down by everyone he kept upiing the antte and finalt the family with control interest in the Jouran ldecided they could not turn down his obscence offer
So as afar a Microsoft goes, they will pay what they need to go get it is they want it bad enough not to mention that yahoo's value has dropped from lack on online sales and after the annoucmenet was madeo fthe offer Yahoo stock went up 50% for the day

MONEY TALKS that simple and miscrosoft has all it needs
bside which as one anaylist said and i assume he was joking "$44.6 billion is not an issue for Microsoft, they have that much in their petty cash"
Somebody will buy Yahoo the only question is who, when and for how much Gates and freidns will neevr let google keep their control as best search engine, what bill gates wants bill gates buys

DungeonMaster6
02-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Obviously Microsoft doesn't like all the attention Google is getting. My only regret is that I didn't buy stock in Google when it hit the market. Personally, I like Yahoo and I hope they can fend off Microsoft.

mkemse
02-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Obviously Microsoft doesn't like all the attention Google is getting. My only regret is that I didn't buy stock in Google when it hit the market. Personally, I like Yahoo and I hope they can fend off Microsoft.

But Yahoo is having some majoe financiual issue now and it may be in their best interest to sell, they stock was down almost 50% the other day and they are laying off people left andright
Buti agree with you 100% but you gotta do what you gotta do
Miscrosft did try to buy some google on it's IPO was was told no by the SEC, as I understand it, I may be wrong

Ozme52
02-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Yahoo lost (stock market) value when they failed to fend off Google entering their market space. That's why they're "vunerable" to Microsoft's overtures.

mkemse
02-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Yahoo lost (stock market) value when they failed to fend off Google entering their market space. That's why they're "vunerable" to Microsoft's overtures.

Thanks for clarifing that, I still feel one way or Another Miscorfot willend up with Yahoo, it may take a while but it will happen

gagged_Louise
02-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Yes, it sounds very likely that this fusion is going to pass. but it's not going to endear Microsoft to anyone who's thinking they are moving too close to a monopoly in some areas of system software (thinking of the running tug-of-war between Microsoft and the European Union Court where the software giant was fined almost 500 million euro, more than 600 million dollars: )
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/EU-Microsoft-lawsuit,news-26340.html

Wonder what the new corporate name would be - Microhoohoo? ;)

mkemse
02-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Yes, it sounds very likely that this fusion is going to pass. but it's not going to endear Microsoft to anyone who's thinking they are mobving too close to a monopoly in some areas of system software (the running tug-of-war between Microsoft and the European Union Court where the software giant was fined almost 500 million euro, more than 600 million dollars: )
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/EU-Microsoft-lawsuit,news-26340.html

Wonder what the new corporate name would be - Microhoohoo? ;)

Miscrosoft is not endeared by many now anyway. si it should not make any difference but the additional income from Yahoo will insure Bill Gates can support his family LOL!!!! everylittle extra bit of money helps these days espeicaily since he is NO longer the riches man in theworld, he dropped to 2nd place poor guy, now only worth $52 or 53 billoin, but no longertherichest after all those years, see eveything has competition. even beingthe rches in the world

crazy_grrluk
02-04-2008, 01:56 AM
and now Google are troubled by all this.....

google (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7225599.stm)

ThisYouWillDo
02-05-2008, 02:45 AM
Why don't we all club together and make a counter-offer? I have a little spare cash ...

Thorne
02-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Why don't we all club together and make a counter-offer? I have a little spare cash ...

I'm always willing to put in my two cents!

mkemse
02-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm always willing to put in my two cents!

my too and 2 cents is all i have left after food shopping and getting gas for my car

ThisYouWillDo
02-06-2008, 05:46 AM
So .. that's 2 pence and 4 cents so far. we might be a small organisation, but we're international!

... anyone else?

mkemse
02-06-2008, 06:15 AM
So .. that's 2 pence and 4 cents so far. we might be a small organisation, but we're international!

... anyone else?

yes i justcheck my bank balance i can acutaly contribute 4 cents not to had more money then i thought and iwill write ot the Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation to seei fthey are willng to kick in as well :)

DungeonMaster6
02-10-2008, 09:19 AM
The latest I've read is that Yahoo has voted not to accept Microsoft's take-over bid. ...And I say YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to that

Warbaby1943
02-10-2008, 09:46 AM
The latest I've read is that Yahoo has voted not to accept Microsoft's take-over bid. ...And I say YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to thatI do too. I hope they stick to their guns.

mkemse
02-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Yes Yahoo did reject Microsofts bid, but Miscorsoft said they plan to up the offer to as high if need be a $37- $40 a share and if need be take the offer direclty to Yahoo shareholders and bybass Yahoo's Board Of Directors, this wil not be over for some time, and Google now wants to Talk to Yahoo about a merger of kinds, only time will tell