PDA

View Full Version : Election 2008 Update

mkemse
02-07-2008, 11:01 AM
With Mitt Romey "Suspending" his bid for the White House and Presumably ending his bid for the nomination, the question now is, if he has or does drop out can either Barack Obmama or Hillary Vlinton beat John Mccain, this is based un the assumption that Mike Huckabee has less then zero chance to get the nomination, any feedback is appriciated

Sir_Russell
02-07-2008, 06:41 PM
That any but huckabee will do about a thousand times better for regular Americans then the Bushites

mkemse
02-07-2008, 06:56 PM
That any but huckabee will do about a thousand times better for regular Americans then the Bushites

my instinacts tell me and I have not made any decsion myself yet, but my instinct say Barack Obmama will win it all he will be the JFK of this genenerationanfthose tot come
Between Iraq, The Housing Crisis And The Economy, i think the American Populace have had enuogh of Republican Rule after 8 years

rce
02-08-2008, 03:31 PM
I believe many Republicans vote for McCain, because he is the only one who seems to stand a good chance of beating Clinton or Obama. McCain is also far enough from the Bush administration that he will not be tainted by the low approval rates of Bush.

Obama talks on and on about change, but change for change's sake is just stupid.

mkemse
02-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I believe many Republicans vote for McCain, because he is the only one who seems to stand a good chance of beating Clinton or Obama. McCain is also far enough from the Bush administration that he will not be tainted by the low approval rates of Bush.

Obama talks on and on about change, but change for change's sake is just stupid.

I do not believe he talks about change for change sake, I firmly believe he will make the changes he speasks of but one had to rmember it took the Republicans or Bush 8 years to creat our mess it will not be cleaned up overnigh,t
this says it all

WASHINGTON - The heck with Congress' big stimulus bill. The way to get the country out of recession — and most people think we're in one — is to get the country out of Iraq, according to an Associated Press-Ipsos poll.

Pulling out of the war ranked first among proposed remedies in the survey, followed by spending more on domestic programs, cutting taxes and, at the bottom end, giving rebates to poor people in hopes they'll spend the economy into recovery.

The $168 billion economic rescue package Congress rushed to approval this week includes rebates of $600 to $1,200 for most taxpayers, the hope being that they will spend the money and help revive ailing businesses. President Bush is expected to sign the measure next week. Poor wage-earners, as well as seniors and veterans who live almost entirely off Social Security and disability benefits, would get $300 checks.

However, just 19 percent of the people surveyed said they planned to go out and spend the money; 45 percent said they'd use it to pay bills. And nearly half said what the government really should do is get out of Iraq.

Forty-eight percent said a pullout would help fix the country's economic problems "a great deal," and an additional 20 percent said it would help at least somewhat. Some 43 percent said increasing government spending on health care, education and housing programs would help a great deal; 36 percent said cutting taxes.

"Let's stop paying for this war," said Hilda Sanchez, 44, of Waterford, Calif. "There are a lot of people who are struggling. We can use the money to pay for medical care and help people who were put out of their homes."

The subject of leaving Iraq shows a sharp partisan divide — 65 percent of Democrats think it would help the economy a lot, but only 18 percent of Republicans think so.

Just 29 percent of people think putting more money in the hands of the poor would help a great deal in fixing the country's economic problems.

According to many economists, the lower people are on the income ladder, the more probable it is that they will spend a rebate and do it quickly — a shot in the arm for the ailing economy.

In the poll, 61 percent said they think the economy is already in a recession.

"Things are bad, but it will get a lot worse," said Jim Sims, 60, of Greer, S.C.

And Nanette Dahlin, 52, of St. Louis Park, Minn., said the economic stimulus package "would only make a recession less damaging."

The economy nearly stalled in the final three months of last year. Some economists, like the majority of poll respondents, say it may actually be shrinking now, given the strains from a persistent housing slump and a painful credit crunch. The worry is that people and businesses will hunker down further and pull back their spending, sending the economy into a tailspin.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke has gotten more forceful in cutting interest rates to spur people to buy more and to energize businesses. And now Republicans, Democrats and the White House have shown rare cooperation in approving relief.

Rebate checks could start showing up in mailboxes in May. However, Sanchez is typical is saying the money will "go automatically to bills." Thirty-two percent said they would save or invest the rebate. Said Sims: "I'm hoping to hold onto it."

Just 19 percent — like Dahlin — said they would spend it, while 4 percent said they would donate it to charity.

Paying off bills or saving the money won't give the economy a quick boost, though it may well be a wise financial decision for many people who are up to their eyeballs in bills.

"What is good for the economy as a whole — spending a rebate — is not the best idea at an individual household level if you are buried in debt," said Greg McBride, senior financial analyst at Bankrate.com. "Issuing rebate checks to give a boost to consumer spending amounts to a Band-Aid over the much bigger problem of consumer debt burdens," he said.

With Wall Street in turmoil, the top economic worry for poll respondents was seeing their nest eggs shrink. Fifty-nine percent said they were worried "a lot" or "some" about seeing the value of stocks and retirement investments drop. Those approaching retirement fretted the most.

Nearly half — 46 percent — said they were worried about being able to pay their bills. This is especially a concern for people whose household incomes are under $50,000, and for minorities. Twenty-eight percent most feared losing their jobs; minorities and those with a high school education or less were especially concerned.

Also, 48 percent of homeowners polled worried that the value of their homes would drop. The housing bust has led to record-high foreclosures, and weaker home values have made people feel less wealthy.

Who deserves most of the blame for the economy's troubles?

More than half — 56 percent — pointed the finger at ******** lenders. Forty-four percent said Bush deserves a lot of the blame. After that come Congress, Wall Street, consumers themselves and in last place the Federal Reserve.

The Fed has the public's confidence that it will be able to right the economy.

More than half — 55 percent — said they have a great deal or some confidence in Fed to turn things around. Forty-one percent said that about Congress, only 28 percent about Bush.

In fact, economic problems have contributed to pulling the president's approval ratings to all-time lows. Only 29 percent approve of his handling of the economy, the lowest mark yet in this polling. Bush's overall job-approval rating slid to 30 percent, also a record low.

The AP-Ipsos poll was conducted Monday through Wednesday this week and involved telephone interviews with 1,006 adults. It had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.

___

mkemse
02-08-2008, 04:46 PM
8 years of Republican Rule, Fiscal MisManagement, Reckless Foreign Policy Decsions ect are enough we need a change in November
In 8 years in Office Bush tok a 500 billoin dollar Surplus left to him and turned it into a 3.5 Trillion Dollar dedecit and now wanta a 3.1 Trillion dolar budget but Social Programs, take 500billoin from Social SEcurity and other Social sErvice Programs but increase the Defense Department Budget by 5-7% in 2009, I think not I live some Social Security Disablitiy I am Physicaly Unable to work, I do not want my bnenfits vcut, i can barely afford to exsist as it is, $3.00 a gallon of gas ect ect now is the time for change

Thorne
02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
The worst possible way to figure out how to solve the economic problems of this country, or any problems anywhere, is by polling the American people. Naturally the majority of them are going to blame the government or the banks or the man in the moon! None of them will want to admit that the biggest problem is those same people mortgaging themselves to the hilt to buy the latest cell phone, or the fastest computer, or that big screen HDTV for the Superbowl! After all, the banks are willing to bail them out, right?
Well, the fit has hit the shan and the banks aren't bailing them out anymore. Are they going to blame themselves? Not likely! "It's the Republicans, or the Democrats, or the oil industry, or the stock brokers, or the Japanese, or the terrorists or anybody and everybody else, but not ME!"
When the American people learn some financial responsibility, maybe then they will have some ideas about how to fix the economy. Until then, these polls are a waste of time and effort. But at least the pollsters are collecting a salary!

mkemse
02-09-2008, 03:45 AM
The worst possible way to figure out how to solve the economic problems of this country, or any problems anywhere, is by polling the American people. Naturally the majority of them are going to blame the government or the banks or the man in the moon! None of them will want to admit that the biggest problem is those same people mortgaging themselves to the hilt to buy the latest cell phone, or the fastest computer, or that big screen HDTV for the Superbowl! After all, the banks are willing to bail them out, right?
Well, the fit has hit the shan and the banks aren't bailing them out anymore. Are they going to blame themselves? Not likely! "It's the Republicans, or the Democrats, or the oil industry, or the stock brokers, or the Japanese, or the terrorists or anybody and everybody else, but not ME!"
When the American people learn some financial responsibility, maybe then they will have some ideas about how to fix the economy. Until then, these polls are a waste of time and effort. But at least the pollsters are collecting a salary!

But at least they are expressing there views in a oublic wasy in a free society lie it was said many yearsago "I may not agree with what you said, but I will defend with my life your right to say it"

Thorne
02-09-2008, 01:31 PM
But at least they are expressing there views in a oublic wasy in a free society lie it was said many yearsago "I may not agree with what you said, but I will defend with my life your right to say it"

No one is denying them their right to express their views, and no one is denying their right to elect whomever they want. What concerns me is the number of politicians who will be swayed by the polls and will screw things up by trying to follow the advice of people who don't know what they're talking about.

Just because most people THINK it's right, doesn't necessarily MAKE it right!

mkemse
02-09-2008, 04:15 PM
No one is denying them their right to express their views, and no one is denying their right to elect whomever they want. What concerns me is the number of politicians who will be swayed by the polls and will screw things up by trying to follow the advice of people who don't know what they're talking about.

Just because most people THINK it's right, doesn't necessarily MAKE it right!

True, but in light of the way things have gone the last 8 years ANYTHING, had to be better then what we have now, I do notthink the Repbilcans have achancein the World to retain the White House, but that is only my view

Thorne
02-09-2008, 08:12 PM
True, but in light of the way things have gone the last 8 years ANYTHING, had to be better then what we have now, I do notthink the Repbilcans have achancein the World to retain the White House, but that is only my view

I don't think they do, either. And I'm not a bit sorry to see it! But don't make the mistake of believing that whoever takes over can't be any worse! All we can do is hope that whoever it is WON'T be any worse.

mkemse
02-10-2008, 06:26 AM
I don't think they do, either. And I'm not a bit sorry to see it! But don't make the mistake of believing that whoever takes over can't be any worse! All we can do is hope that whoever it is WON'T be any worse.

When you have a President who says "I listen to my Advisers not the American People" need he forget who put him there, I do NOT remember his advisers placing him in office, first the Suprmeme Court does, this was said in November 2006 when the Democrats took Control Of Congess, but unfortuently not with a Veto Proof Majority, need he forget, I do not REMEMBER his adviser electing him to office (this remark was made after The Dems took overi n November of 2006 after the Ameircan Public spoke up and said enough is enough, yes the current Congres has a lower approval rating then the President, but the fatc that the Deomcrtas listen to the American People and tried to pass variou bits of Legilation that We as People asked for, the Presdient vetos it, but the DEmocrats do not have enough of a Majority to over ridehisvetos, The Dem kept their promises the President did not asstill does not care whatthe American People
Even recently with the so called Stimulus Packagem Democrats wanted to add in money for those whosho's unemployment benefits ran ou,t for seniors and pepe who aredisabled, the Presdient said no that is too expsensive, but he did ask for rebates for those who earned up to $150,000 a year, but it was lowered to $85,000, if Bush got his way Bill gateswould be getting $2,200 back for his wife and 2 kids i do no think Bill Gates needs a tax rebate
I live on Social Security disbalitiy, I can use that money ot pay my bills and for food it is not my doing I am disbled that was not part of my life's plan, but it happened, then in his 2009 budget he wants totake 500 billoin from Social SEcurity and sand other Social Service Programs from people who really need the money and services, he will not so this but he will increase the Petagon Budget 5-7%

DungeonMaster6
02-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Let's face it. Bush has and still does cater to the rich, which is contrary to what he said when he declared that he wanted what was best for all americans and that he was a "compassionate conservative." Where was that compassion when he vetoed the Embyonic Research bill, which could help with finding cures for diabetes and other serious diseases? Where was his compassion in helping the Katrina victims? Where was his compassion when he twice vetoed bills that would've increased aid to poor children?

But when it comes to war, he wants more money from Congress. It's pretty obvious what his priorities have been.

That's why we need a change in Washington, and the best person for that is Barack Obama...and I definitely will be voting for him this Tuesday when the primary comes to Maryland.

mkemse
02-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Let's face it. Bush has and still does cater to the rich, which is contrary to what he said when he declared that he wanted what was best for all americans and that he was a "compassionate conservative." Where was that compassion when he vetoed the Embyonic Research bill, which could help with finding cures for diabetes and other serious diseases? Where was his compassion in helping the Katrina victims? Where was his compassion when he twice vetoed bills that would've increased aid to poor children?

But when it comes to war, he wants more money from Congress. It's pretty obvious what his priorities have been.

That's why we need a change in Washington, and the best person for that is Barack Obama...and I definitely will be voting for him this Tuesday when the primary comes to Maryland.

You are 100% correct on all of this

rce
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
8 years of Republican Rule, Fiscal MisManagement, Reckless Foreign Policy Decsions ect are enough we need a change in November
In 8 years in Office Bush tok a 500 billoin dollar Surplus left to him and turned it into a 3.5 Trillion Dollar dedecit and now wanta a 3.1 Trillion dolar budget but Social Programs, take 500billoin from Social SEcurity and other Social sErvice Programs but increase the Defense Department Budget by 5-7% in 2009, I think not I live some Social Security Disablitiy I am Physicaly Unable to work, I do not want my bnenfits vcut, i can barely afford to exsist as it is, $3.00 a gallon of gas ect ect now is the time for change

History proves that fiscal management works best on the federal level in the USA, if the President is of another party than the majority in Congress. Bill Clinton was a Democrat who had to work with a Republican majority in Congress. George W. Bush had a Republican majority until 2006. It looks like there will be a Democrat majority in Congress after the 2008 elections, so for fiscal responsibility, it would be best to have a Republican President.

rce
02-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I do not believe he talks about change for change sake, I firmly believe he will make the changes he speasks of but one had to rmember it took the Republicans or Bush 8 years to creat our mess it will not be cleaned up overnigh,t
this says it all

What great changes do you see coming, if Obama will be President?

mkemse
02-11-2008, 03:41 PM
What great changes do you see coming, if Obama will be President?

let's see. the end of the war Irag, lower drug prices negotiated with companies not just a charge what you want policy that bush has, universal health care, federal funding for stem cell research to help deleop cures for diabettes, parkinsens ect, spend more money on Social Programs here and not sending the money to the Penagon To keep the wars going,, money for mre extensiveaids research, more moneyto fight crime and drug traffiketing, all thmoney is tied iup in the War and the President saud that he plans to deduct or elimiate 500 Billion dollars in the 2009 budget but increase the defense department budget, have someone in this contry in a new adminstration negotiablew with OPEC for lower oil prices, when Clinton left office was was $1.50 a gallon, it is not $3.00+, we had a 500 billloin dllar federal surplus after Clinton Left office, we now have a 3.5 TRILLION dollar defecet, this is just few things that this country needs attention on, this is just part of a new direction
I am disbaled i live on a fixed income every 3 weeks i have to decide, do i buy food, gas or medication

mkemse
02-11-2008, 03:43 PM
The United States has to stop policing the world aand forcing our way on other, we need to take care Of American first, and 1 thing not mentioned above among others is we have an Immigration issue in this country, but our current President has tunnel vision and only see Iraq and Afghanistan, he does notsee the pressong issues in his own country

Logic1
02-13-2008, 04:28 AM
It is way wierd for me to hear people complain about a 3$/ gallon gas price when I pay about 7.40$ a gallon here in Sweden :p

just a sidenote lol

mkemse
02-13-2008, 06:55 AM
It is way wierd for me to hear people complain about a 3$/ gallon gas price when I pay about 7.40$ a gallon here in Sweden :p

just a sidenote lol

But what is the dollar value of a US dollar there or are they the same??

Sir_Russell
02-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Most of Europe has high gas prices because of the taxes they charge on the gas. Problem is that the tax pays for a lot of things that we pay other taxes for. Once the systems are understood there really isn't that much difference.

Logic1
02-14-2008, 04:23 AM
Most of Europe has high gas prices because of the taxes they charge on the gas. Problem is that the tax pays for a lot of things that we pay other taxes for. Once the systems are understood there really isn't that much difference.

that is absolutely true.
our taxes pays for health care for all for example but the difference is quite substantial in any case.
The taxes on gas is probably what makes our cars much smaller in size and with much less fuel consuming engines also
still
3 vs 7.40 is quite a large difference.

we pay 6.40 Swedish Kronor for one US dollar and the gas was last night at 12.30kr/ litre
one gallon is 3.854 litres.

Thorne
02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
You know, the price of gas in and of itself is meaningless. You have to include the average national income as well. Paying $3 a gallon for gas isn't bad if you're making $200,000 per year, but if you're only bringing down $20,000 it can be quite a hit.

Logic1
02-15-2008, 07:26 AM
What IS the national income in the US?
I make the equivalent to 50k USdollars a year which is decent but nowhere near great, and those 7.40 a gallon sure hurts me. Not so much as to not fill up my car but it sure feels in the wallet when I fill my car up.
btw. Is it even possible to afford having and using a car with 20k us dollars a year?

this is just my curiosity wanting to know. The differences and similarities between people is always interesting.

mkemse
02-15-2008, 09:31 AM
What IS the national income in the US?
I make the equivalent to 50k USdollars a year which is decent but nowhere near great, and those 7.40 a gallon sure hurts me. Not so much as to not fill up my car but it sure feels in the wallet when I fill my car up.
btw. Is it even possible to afford having and using a car with 20k us dollars a year?

this is just my curiosity wanting to know. The differences and similarities between people is always interesting.

I just wanted to know the value of the US Dollar againyour currency to if if we at $3.00 a galon pay thesameammount as you basedon the US dollar where you are, justtrying to make a comparrison as to the vaule ofthe dollar there

Thorne
02-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Is it even possible to afford having and using a car with 20k us dollars a year?

It's POSSIBLE, but difficult. Certainly not likely that someone at that income level could afford a NEW car, nor could they afford to drive extensively for recreational purposes.

A quick search has found that the mean (average) annual wages in the US is $35,499 (235,136kr) but the median income is only $24,325 (155,680kr) based on 2005 figures. However, the variations from state to state, even from city to city within one state, can be extreme. As can the costs of living.

Just for informational purposes, I did the following calculations based on our combined NET income (take-home pay) for 2007:
Fuel for 2 cars and 2 drivers, 3.2%
Groceries for 2 adults, 9.4%
Medical payments for 2 adults (beyond our insurance coverage) 6.0%

I don't claim that these are representative of the US population. We didn't take any long trips road last year, and we are fairly healthy.

mkemse
02-15-2008, 01:59 PM
It's POSSIBLE, but difficult. Certainly not likely that someone at that income level could afford a NEW car, nor could they afford to drive extensively for recreational purposes.

A quick search has found that the mean (average) annual wages in the US is $35,499 (235,136kr) but the median income is only $24,325 (155,680kr) based on 2005 figures. However, the variations from state to state, even from city to city within one state, can be extreme. As can the costs of living.

Just for informational purposes, I did the following calculations based on our combined NET income (take-home pay) for 2007:
Fuel for 2 cars and 2 drivers, 3.2%
Groceries for 2 adults, 9.4%
Medical payments for 2 adults (beyond our insurance coverage) 6.0%

I don't claim that these are representative of the US population. We didn't take any long trips road last year, and we are fairly healthy.

I am in the United States my income is under 20k yeari havea usedcar,but keeping itrunnig insuredand in gas isvery difficulkttodo, buti simply limit all myerrandst one dayof theweek, if i do notgethat i need on that day i waittil thefollowingweek i do not driveanywherei do not need to foranyy reason exceptfor a medical emergency

but yes it is possiblebut very, very difficult, I amdisblied i have a fixed incomebut makeitwork, not much fun but it does

DungeonMaster6
02-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Back to the election, it looks like Obama is on a roll. However, I'm not counting Hillary out yet. I do believe Texas and Ohio are critical. If the Senator from Illinois wins both of them, I think the writing will be on the wall.

mkemse
02-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Back to the election, it looks like Obama is on a roll. However, I'm not counting Hillary out yet. I do believe Texas and Ohio are critical. If the Senator from Illinois wins both of them, I think the writing will be on the wall.

I also heard on the new this morinig (Saturday Today Show NBC) that alot of Super Delegates are now starting to switch to Obama from Clinton for various reasons
As 1 anaylist said as far a Texas goes this will be Hillaries either Waterloo or Alamo, she loses Texas it could very well be over for her
then one has to ask, can Obama beat Mccain??

DungeonMaster6
02-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes, that would be a close election in my opinion. McCain's an ex POW who supported Bush on Iraq. That could work for him or against him. He's also not as conservative as Bush on domestic issues, which hasn't endeared him to the right wingers. But the way I look at it is, if Rush Limbaugh doesn't like him, he must be alright in my book.

I do think that Obama is a much more dynamic speaker than McCain, which would win any debates the two will have.

I do think that these two are the best candidates in either party, so as they say, stay tuned.

wmrs2
02-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, the fit has hit the shan and the banks aren't bailing them out anymore. Are they going to blame themselves? Not likely! "It's the Republicans, or theDemocrats, or the oil industry, or the stock brokers, or the Japanese, or the terrorists or anybody and everybody else, but not ME!"

Well said! You deserve an award :wave: for your economic insights. Keep up the good work. You prove that plagiarizing reports does not lead to economic scholarship.

No one person, Dem. or Rep. is at fault in a recession, as you well point out. To those who want to use the state of the economy for political reasons, you get :icon176:

mkemse, listen up and try to help the problem that the nation faces. It is an American challenge not Dem. or GOP thing. You are being a divider, not a uniter.To help the problem with the economy stop pointing at Bush. He did not teach you financial irresponsibility. By the way, did you ever notice or care to comment on the fact that the Democratic Congress has a lower approval rating than Bush? :icon176:

I really believe that whoever is elected President, that person will do his best to help the economy. However, as that great philosopher of all toilets once said: Shit Happens!

mkemse
02-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Well said! You deserve an award :wave: for your economic insights. Keep up the good work. You prove that plagiarizing reports does not lead to economic scholarship.

No one person, Dem. or Rep. is at fault in a recession, as you well point out. To those who want to use the state of the economy for political reasons, you get :icon176:

mkemse, listen up and try to help the problem that the nation faces. It is an American challenge not Dem. or GOP thing. You are being a divider, not a uniter.To help the problem with the economy stop pointing at Bush. He did not teach you financial irresponsibility. By the way, did you ever notice or care to comment on the fact that the Democratic Congress has a lower approval rating than Bush? :icon176:

I really believe that whoever is elected President, that person will do his best to help the economy. However, as that great philosopher of all toilets once said: Shit Happens!

The United States needs to start taking care of it own MANY HUGE
s issues before we helps every country on earth that asks for our help
I have no issue with US helping others along as we as American are taken care of FIRST by our government

If i buy 1 ice cream cone and my friend is with me i will give him part of it when my urge for ice cream is gone

wmrs2
02-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Maybe we missed something but how does ice cream relate to Shit Happens? Well, I guess that is just the way a Bush haters mind works.

"we as Americans are taken care of FIRST by our government" is anti Democrat statement since JFK said "ask not what your country can do for you," well you know the rest of the quote.

That's the problem, all the Bush haters, JFK haters, and Clinton haters want the country to take care of them. Instead of belching out fire and brimstone, patriotic Americans need to get off their asses and support their great Presidents. It's the people supporting their leaders that makes the country what it is.

President Bush has done several great things during his term in office but the disgruntled who seek a handout would rather die than admit it. They would rather see another 9/11 attack than admit Bush has done a good job at national security, they would rather lose the war in Iraq than admit that Iraq's stability was important to our national well being, they would welcome a depression if it could be proven Bush did it.

Maybe, shit doen't just happen. Maybe unpatriotic disgruntled political hacks help it along.

wmrs2
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM
One more thing while the political hacks have their feet in their mouths. Many of us have given up loved ones in our nation's wars, both Dem. and Rep. When our country is at war, it's an American thing. I don't know what the number is, but I personally believe is too high; the number of casualties in Iraq as a direct result of disgruntled political hacks that have given aid and comfort to the enemy, strengthening their resolve to kill our young men and women, is what I talking asbout in saying the number is too high.

Let me translate from English to the Al Quieda language the following statement: first in English, "I support the troops but not the President." (Speaks for itselg)

Now in Al Quieda: "The Americans will give up if we kill more of them." Thanks alot for helping place bullets in our children's bodies. You that do this may call yourselves patrotic but my dead brothers and sister do not.

Sir_Russell
02-28-2008, 07:08 PM
anyone that comes out for health insurance for every American will get my vote. Strange we want to call ourselves great but of the top 10 industrial countries we alone don't have every one covered somehow.
Having a former sub with several health issues that are no fault of her own but that make earning a living impossible is very hard to take. To know that I am trapped right now working for a company because I get health insurance I pay for is a little hard to swallow.

wmrs2
02-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Sir Russell I support your effort to have health coverage and will do all I can to see that you get it. On the other hand, I know what it is like to depend on a government for total support, since I was raised on a government pension. My father will killed in France, 1944 fighting for my freedom. The government should take good care of its own when necessary.

The greatest thing about our country is that it has a system of operation called the Constitution of the USA. It's the system that really takes care of us, not any one political party. President Bush, like the Democratic Presidents before him, are trying to make the system work for all Americans. President Bush deserves our support whether we are a Democrat or Republican. It is no more his fault that 9/11 occurred than it was President Roosevelt's fault that Hitler invaded France. Yet my dad was asked to pay the supreme price and he did.

It bothers me a lot when the Democrats use Bush's situation as a political tool. Obama will most likely be the next President. He admits that he will send the troops into Iraq if Al Quieda establishes a stronghold there. Why did he and other Democrats not say this before that they would do the same thing Bush is now doing? Why did they have to give aid and comfort to the enemy and aid to the casualties of war of our young men and women? This has been an unforgivable sin. If the American people see how they have been duped into bashing Bush over the war for political reasons, there is no way in hell that the American people will keep them in office.

As the political debate goes on and as the Democrats have to explain to the American people that they are forced to do the war just like Bush was forced to do it, the American people will see through what the Democrats have done. The thing the Democrats overlook is that the members of their Party are Americans first. That is why the Democrats may not win in 2008!

DungeonMaster6
03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Hillary is not done yet

I've been an Obama supporter since he announced his candidacy, but he better not get too overconfidant. She appears to have picked up steam since she won the Ohio and Texas primaries, and Pennsylvania is looming.

It's quite possible that neither of them will win enough delegates to put them over the top. Here's another thought. What if it comes to a Clinton/Obama ticket for President and Vice-President? Personally, I think they'd blow away McCain/ whoever.