PDA

View Full Version : War in Congo

spammik
02-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Ann Curry has been interviewing and letting the rest of the world see what is happening to way to many women in the Congo. Using war to torture, rape and kill women just because they are on the wrong side according to God knows who.......I am amazed and so in awe of Ann Curry for being strong enough to report it and the same of the women who have gone there to work and help the women as well as the women attacked......Yet the women who live are not out for revenge....they want to live and go forward.....amazing.

ThisYouWillDo
02-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Are Ms Curry's interviews available online?

Poor benighted Congo has been riven by civil war for as long as I can remember, and horrendous acts of brutal depravity have been committed against helpless men, women and children by fighters (I avoid the word soldiers) crazed by some kind of blood-lust that grips them all - whatever faction thay are fighting for (and there are many).

Our politicians sit and wring their hands as these atrocities continue day and night, night and day; and nothing is done. Not even by Belgium, the former ruling power. It's an internal problem, and we cannot legally intervene. Right? Wrong! At least 6 other contries are involved: DR Congo war: Who is involved and why http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1136470.stm

Same thing in Dafur. Same thing all over the continent. Did God abandon Africa to the Devil? Probably the richest, most beautiful, most hospitable continent on the planet, allowed to consume itself with corruption greed and depravity.

I, too, wonder that Congolese women do not seek revenge. But, first, they must surely be concerned just to survive, and to have food and, perhaps, to avoid being raped - at least, not too often. They are more worried for their children than they are for their lives. Revenge. They probably have no time for that.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if an army of Amazons appeared and led all the women and children to safety somewhere inthe jungle, and kept them hidden there until all the men had either killed themselves, gone back to the country they came from, or simply laid down their arms?