PDA

View Full Version : EXperience To Be President in 2008

mkemse
02-20-2008, 12:12 PM
I have heard alot of peole say that Barack Obmam simply lacks experience to be President, and althou I rmember him in Office, I was still to young to know much about JFK
My question is, How much experience did JFK have when he ran for President, this is a posted question NOT to determine who is more qualified, between all those runnig now, but simply how woud does anyone rate JFK's experience when he ran versus what experience Obama has now??

I have heard reference made that Obmam is the JFK of 2008

Any help on this is appriciated, thanks

_ID_
02-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, the things your saying are a reflection of the mass media dumping its dumb down lemming technique on America. Personally I think all that's needed for someone to successfully run a country is a good grasp how how to delegate effectively. You put people into positions that are able to advise you on their specific area of expertise. Use that information weigh it against your own policy on something, and make a dammed decision. However there is so much money involved in American politics now, that it has polluted the spirit of the system, so I guess then you must say that in order to have experience to be president, you must be in someones pocket book.

mkemse
02-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Well, the things your saying are a reflection of the mass media dumping its dumb down lemming technique on America. Personally I think all that's needed for someone to successfully run a country is a good grasp how how to delegate effectively. You put people into positions that are able to advise you on their specific area of expertise. Use that information weigh it against your own policy on something, and make a dammed decision. However there is so much money involved in American politics now, that it has polluted the spirit of the system, so I guess then you must say that in order to have experience to be president, you must be in someones pocket book.

Thanks was prety much what i asking or looking for, I just did not phrase it correctly

Sir_Russell
02-20-2008, 08:12 PM
The difference so far is the JFK spoke of change plus the what and how, so far Obama is selling a bag of air. I hope he puts out the details of these changes so that he can be judged. Right now it is charisma and little else, JFK had that and vision that he shared with us the people.

mkemse
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
The difference so far is the JFK spoke of change plus the what and how, so far Obama is selling a bag of air. I hope he puts out the details of these changes so that he can be judged. Right now it is charisma and little else, JFK had that and vision that he shared with us the people.

Thanks for your reply I hope he does start giving solutions and not just talk

And not to make lite of this whole issue but rumor has it Disney which ownes him, will announce next week tha Kermit The Frog is replacing Ralph Nader on the Green Party Ticket (sorry, couldn't pass that up )

Sir_Russell
02-21-2008, 10:32 PM
its not easy being green

Ozme52
02-22-2008, 02:42 PM
;)

mkemse
02-22-2008, 03:08 PM
its not easy being green

I know

Sir_Russell
02-22-2008, 08:08 PM
actually I like the green ideals but not enough people realize how much we harm the world daily and that business that are green are doing well. Paradox I guess

wmrs2
02-22-2008, 10:23 PM
There are many comparabilities between JFK an Obama. JFK, of course, did not finish his first term. Some say the actions due to his inexperience led to his death. Former friends and party members, unions, and foreign leaders seem to profit by his early mistakes due to his inexperienced judgment.

When taking on the biggest job in the world, experience and maturity is needed. Just as JFK (as he himself admitted) was at fault at the Bay of Pigs. His inability to act for lack of experience is to blame also for the Cuban Crises, which almost meant the end of the world. I have always believed that the friends of JFK conspired together to allow the assignation of the President to save the world from his future mistakes of immaturity. They simply could not take the chance that JFK would not learn on the job fast enough.

Obama better be a fast learner if Hillary turns out to be second. It dose not look like from last knights debate that Obama is learning quick enough. Why he felt the need to make up that story of about our soldiers having to get their weapons from the Talaban is a sure sign of the type of maturity that will bring us all into danger, just like JFK. Let's vote for Hillary.

wmrs2
02-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Before getting blasted here, let's point out a few facts about the vision that JFK had. It just about killed us all. He was so busy stalking M. Monroe that the Russians stole Cuba away from us. That's why the Democrats have lost the Spanish American vote all these years. The Cuban Americans don't think too highly of JFK.

JFK is too much of a fantasy. He made great speeches and inspired us all. He deserves respect and a place in history as a well meaning President but if Obama wants to achieve the greatness that JFK missed out on, he best rest awhile and learn the mistakes of others. Vote for Hillary, then McCain.

Logic1
02-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Was Cuba yours to begin with wmrs2?
Cuba was a soverign country and still is afaik. Yes it has more ties to Russia than it does to the US but it is still itīs own country.

wmrs2
02-23-2008, 04:51 PM
What we are talking about is the American sphere of influence. We lost it to Russia as you well point out. The blame for this was put on JFK by the Cuban Americans and I think accepted by JFK himself.

The question was "how important is experience" which I think is well illustrated in the performance of JFK. The comparison was to Obama's experience, how important is experience? The enemies of the USA think inexperience is important. They are waiting for Obama to take office. Why should they fight for their radical beliefs when,if they wait for an inexperienced Obama, he'll give them victory whitout fighting for it?

Vote for Hillary. Then vote for McCain. That's the paith.

mkemse
02-23-2008, 05:12 PM
What we are talking about is the American sphere of influence. We lost it to Russia as you well point out. The blame for this was put on JFK by the Cuban Americans and I think accepted by JFK himself.

The question was "how important is experience" which I think is well illustrated in the performance of JFK. The comparison was to Obama's experience, how important is experience? The enemies of the USA think inexperience is important. They are waiting for Obama to take office. Why should they fight for their radical beliefs when,if they wait for an inexperienced Obama, he'll give them victory whitout fighting for it?

Vote for Hillary. Then vote for McCain. That's the paith.

Hilary may be gone after the Texas/Ohio Priamry on March 4th as far as McCain goes, I would rather NOT vote at all then vote for him, to similar in ways to Bush who has been in office 7 1/2 years to long, and he wasn't even elected in 2o00, he was placed there by the Supreme Court

But I appriciate your feedback ans comments thank you

Ozme52
02-23-2008, 06:39 PM
There are many comparabilities between JFK an Obama. JFK, of course, did not finish his first term. Some say the actions due to his inexperience led to his death. Former friends and party members, unions, and foreign leaders seem to profit by his early mistakes due to his inexperienced judgment.

When taking on the biggest job in the world, experience and maturity is needed. Just as JFK (as he himself admitted) was at fault at the Bay of Pigs. His inability to act for lack of experience is to blame also for the Cuban Crises, which almost meant the end of the world. I have always believed that the friends of JFK conspired together to allow the assignation of the President to save the world from his future mistakes of immaturity. They simply could not take the chance that JFK would not learn on the job fast enough.

Obama better be a fast learner if Hillary turns out to be second. It dose not look like from last knights debate that Obama is learning quick enough. Why he felt the need to make up that story of about our soldiers having to get their weapons from the Talaban is a sure sign of the type of maturity that will bring us all into danger, just like JFK. Let's vote for Hillary.

Another factor to point out... many claim most of his proposals were turned into actual legislation... but most of it languished and would have failed... but was passed by Congress after the assassination... sort of in memoriam.

Ozme52
02-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Hilary may be gone after the Texas/Ohio Priamry on March 4th as far as McCain goes, I would rather NOT vote at all then vote for him, to similar in ways to Bush who has been in office 7 1/2 years to long, and he wasn't even elected in 2o00, he was placed there by the Supreme Court

But I appriciate your feedback ans comments thank you

Then you can probably place Bush and JFK on a comparitive basis. The 1960 election was neck and neck and the last state to finish 'tallying' it's votes was Illinois... and the last city in Illinois was Chicago... owned by Mayor Daly, who, in the 11th hour, reportedly "found" unreported ballot boxes that swung the election from Nixon to Kennedy.

A Link ==>> One Perspective (http://www.ejfi.org/Voting/Voting-10.htm)

wmrs2
02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Then you can probably place Bush and JFK on a comparitive basis. The 1960 election was neck and neck and the last state to finish 'tallying' it's votes was Illinois... and the last city in Illinois was Chicago... owned by Mayor Daly, who, in the 11th hour, reportedly "found" unreported ballot boxes that swung the election from Nixon to Kennedy.

A Link ==>> One Perspective (http://www.ejfi.org/Voting/Voting-10.htm)

True you are, but one thing I keep asking myself is why do the Dem's keep saying that the Supreme Court gave the election to Bush? The press, several, independent agencies, everybody have counted the 2000 votes in Fl. again and again. The results have always said Bush wins.

The Dem's have been in shock since 2000. How could anybody as dumb as Bush beat them? Bush knew how he did it. So he did it again in 2004! The Dem's have been the victim of their own liberal press prejudice. After having done nothing for the country for 7 years but bash Bush, the press continues to tell the Dem's that the Republicans can't win.

When the real issues are discussed after the nominations are over, the calm American people, both Dem's and Rep's, will want to know who will keep our country safe. In my opinion, the next President will be a Democrat. But, whoever wins, the fair minded American people will put that hateful Bush bashing people on the bench just like they did the Clinton bashing people. Keep this in mind, none of those persons who served under Bush had anything negative about the Clintons.

Obama is correct about this, the American people are tired of those candidates who would say anything about anybody to win an election. I hate to think what would happen to the Dem's if the Republicans won the 2008 election.

Sir_Russell
02-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Being a person from Florida during the last 2 presidential elections and quite a few others. The Gore loss was very bad with a lot of votes being tossed out because of the hanging chad and strangely enough seemed to happen mostly in the areas that were heavily for Gore.

During the Kerry non-election the same kind of tactic happened in Ohio and again in Florida. I know little of Ohio other then again a republican in power stopped the recount and investigation. In Florida Katherine Harris who was the head of elections also ran the Bush campaign in Florida and if memory serves it was the same next election in Ohio.

How can we crow about our freedoms when anyone can be that biased and in a position of power to be sure that his or her person has such an unfair power over the outcome.

wmrs2
02-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Being a person from Florida during the last 2 presidential elections and quite a few others. The Gore loss was very bad with a lot of votes being tossed out because of the hanging chad and strangely enough seemed to happen mostly in the areas that were heavily for Gore.

During the Kerry non-election the same kind of tactic happened in Ohio and again in Florida. I know little of Ohio other then again a republican in power stopped the recount and investigation. In Florida Katherine Harris who was the head of elections also ran the Bush campaign in Florida and if memory serves it was the same next election in Ohio.

How can we crow about our freedoms when anyone can be that biased and in a position of power to be sure that his or her person has such an unfair power over the outcome.

Sir you sound like a great American that cares about our country. Most Dem. and Reb. are just like you. We all care. As a young boy just after WWII elections were hotly contested. One thing we were taught in school was one of the greatest American values that after the election was over that whoever one, we need to support that person for the good of the country. Every losing candidate would generally proudly state that the winner was his President.

That attitude has greatly changed. The press, I think is greatly at fault. Tricks like the N.Y. Times has recently pulled on John McCain and Hillary is good examples. With right wing newspapers doing the same to both parties the fight goes on.

The Dem's have used 71/2 years trying to get even with Bush. If our country had united behind the total war effort after 9/11, an unified front may have forced an end to the war already.

If there would have been any real evidence of illegality in the 2000 and 2004 elections, especially in 2000, don't you think the liberal Supreme Court would have intervened? I am sure that on both sides there were illegalities but none so assume to reverse the election for the Presidnet.

wmrs2
02-25-2008, 03:05 PM
This thread focuses on experience That the USSR took advantage of JFK's experience level is an accepted fact. The results of youthful enthusiasm of JFK remain with us today. China is dealing for oil off the southern cost of Fl., first it was the USSR in our hemisphere, then China, next what? JFK was the first president to sacrifice the Monroe Doctrine. That's experience for you.

Obama has that same youthful enthusiasm. He could make a great president. But, will our enemies give him enough time to learn on the job? Like it or not, we can not afford to lose this war. The consequences will be everlasting. It has been the threat of another 9/11. But a greater threat will happen if Iran has the bomb.

Who do you want operating on your brain, the results of which can not be reversed? Do you want a surgeon soloing for first time or an experienced surgeon? Think about it. The president will not be dealing with kind hearted, reasonable friends that you can simply strike up a conversation at any time. Our enemies know well what they want. Peace at any cost must not be our naive approach. Who do you think our enemies hope wins the elections in 2008?

mkemse
02-25-2008, 05:03 PM
This thread focuses on experience That the USSR took advantage of JFK's experience level is an accepted fact. The results of youthful enthusiasm of JFK remain with us today. China is dealing for oil off the southern cost of Fl., first it was the USSR in our hemisphere, then China, next what? JFK was the first president to sacrifice the Monroe Doctrine. That's experience for you.

Obama has that same youthful enthusiasm. He could make a great president. But, will our enemies give him enough time to learn on the job? Like it or not, we can not afford to lose this war. The consequences will be everlasting. It has been the threat of another 9/11. But a greater threat will happen if Iran has the bomb.

Who do you want operating on your brain, the results of which can not be reversed? Do you want a surgeon soloing for first time or an experienced surgeon? Think about it. The president will not be dealing with kind hearted, reasonable friends that you can simply strike up a conversation at any time. Our enemies know well what they want. Peace at any cost must not be our naive approach. Who do you think our enemies hope wins the elections in 2008?

I apprciate you remarks, but my father had a Heart Attack 11 years ago, they brought in a surgeon who has been a Cardilogist for 25 plus years very highly regarded ect, ect, and he meesed up the surgey on my father, so to me, you can have all the experience in the world, it may not mean a thing
having experience and doing the right things may not be the same, George Bush was Governemor of Texas for many, many years, okk what he has done to our Country in 7 years, dystroyed the Ecomomy, has greated a National DEbt that will take Genenrarions upno Generations to pay off if ever, did nothing for the Katrin Victims, lok at New orleams now, I will not go on and on, but thereality is As a Governor he had many years of "Running" a State Governemnt, look what he has doneto the Federal Governemnt in 7 1/2 years, Gas Price, Our Ecomony, 2 WArs with no end in sight, Billions spent on those alone and we have debts as i said that our grandchildrens children will be paying off

I might add President Bill Clinton left office in 2001 with a federal budget surplus of $127 billion. President George Bush ran a deficit of $319 billion in 2005. So who deserves more credit for fighting red ink?
Our Debt is now over 1 Trilion Dollars, quite a difference in 7 years from a $127 billion dollar surplus
and Bush wasnts a $3.2 Trillion Dolar Budget for 2009, never berofre in histiry have be had a budget over 1 Trillion Dollars
as I said experience does not mean everything

wmrs2
02-26-2008, 12:30 AM
I understand your feelings. I hope your father eventually did well. I am sure you did the best you could for him. We agree with you that having experience and doing the right thing are different. Sometimes having experience is not enough.

I disagree that the economy has been destroyed. If you watch reports from around the world, all countries seem to go through economic ups and downs at the same time as has been true of the American economy. But the American economy is stronger than you imagine. It seems to always recover quicker than economies around the world and it seems to never dip as low as the economies around the world. It makes good political talk but people who study the economy say that the President really has little to do with it, good or bad. When needed, as recent action by Congress and the President illustrates, Americans can come together for the good of the country.

As far as surpluses go, it was my understanding that it was a projected surplus. It never did really exist. But whether it did or not, the national dept has been determined by 9/11, natural disasters, and as you point out, two wars. Our enemies are responsible for the wars, These wars are not Bush's wars. These are the American people's wars. We overcame WWII and every war since. We will do it again.

There is no reason for panic. We still have the best leadership in the world to lead us and that speaks of both Democrats and Republicans. We simply do not need to be reacting out of hate for the President. Many Americans agreed after the 2000 election that they would do nothing for or say a good word about the President. That is what they have done. They have made the country look worse off than it is. History will record President Bush as a great President and point out how strong he was in face of all the opposition he had from the press and those tried to get revenge upon his house.