PDA

View Full Version : Don't Always Believe What You Hear, See Or Read

mkemse
02-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Found this amazingly interesting today (Feb 25, 2008)

I assume everyone knows who Dr Robert Jarvick is, he does those Lipator Commercials for a LARGE Pharamcutial Company ect. and He "Invented" the Jarvick Aritfical Heart

Well , I did some research on his today and found ouut some interesting things about truth on TV

1st: He is NOT a licensed MD but has an honorr Doctorate, he can not pratice Medicine or Prescribe Medication,

2. He DID NOT Invent the Jarvick Artificiual Heart, he worked with those developing it as an intern and had his name placed on it because he requested the Patent for it, but he had virutaly nothing to do with it's Invention

3. He us Under Investigation By Congress for some Illegal Dealings and Missrepresentation of who he realy is

And The Large International Pharmacutial Compant the usues him as a spokeperson for ******* annouced today that ALL his TV add are being pulled do to his charactor being in question as a Doctor and whether he even uses the Medication he speaks for
Lesson here: Do not always believe what you see , read or hear on TV, in Magazines or on the Radio

Alex Bragi
02-28-2008, 05:25 PM

Lesson here: Do not always believe what you see , read or hear on TV, in Magazines or on the Radio

Amen!

It's interesting though. As I understand it anyone can call themselves a doctor--that is give themselves that title, it's just illegal to practice as one if you're not.

mkemse
02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Amen!

It's interesting though. As I understand it anyone can call themselves a doctor--that is give themselves that title, it's just illegal to practice as one if you're not.

On The TV comcerial that were pulled the say and is reffered to as a Docotor, not an Honorary doctor but an MD i thought he was a MD as well unitl i googled him, he also can not give out Medical Advicedwhich make his commercial illegal not can he see patiens or prescribe

mkemse
02-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Amen!

Yes anyone can call themselves a docotor but they can not pass themselves off as one in commercials ect

stripedangel
05-08-2008, 05:18 PM
i knew that was one shifty-eyed bugger! Didn't i see the fine print at the bottom of the ad saying that he's not a real doc? Maybe not. Can't remember. i do look for the fine print at the bottom of the screen, tho...amazing what they say there!

*not a real doctor
*these results not typical
*individual results may vary
*these statements have not been verified by the FDA
and so on.

i don't believe a thing any of them says. i don't trust the medications that they are giving us at all. There are as many class-action lawsuits against the makers of these meds as there are ads for the meds themselves!