PDA

View Full Version : Chat room

lynangel
04-13-2004, 04:42 PM
I finally decide to take the plunge and visit the chat room but was unable to get in. I am sure that I saw a thread on this some time ago but can't find it so I am sorry if this is a repeat of a former thread.

At the top of the page is the notice:

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /usr/home/jinn/bdsmlibrary.com/htdocs/chat/index.php on line 6

As I am a total puter dummy can someone please explain..in the simplest way please....whether its me, the computer or whatever?

Thankyou

Finding_Fantasy
04-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Are you trying to get into the IRC/Java chat room? If so, I am not surprised. A lot of people have had troubles getting in. Also, if you go through the link posted in the forums, then don't foget to choose "Yes" when a warning box appears. Otherwsie, the chatroom will not load.

Follow this link (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9500&postcount=27) and click the link in the new window. It will take you to the chat. Choose Heavy from the drop down menu, and select yes when the box comes up. Hopefully that will help.

The warning you mentioned was on the top of the page, but it did not affect me logging into the chatroom at all.

slavelucy
04-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Hi lyn

i am also getting that at the top of the page before entering the chat room...but it is still letting me in once i put my name and choose 'java supported' and press 'yes' to the warning box.

Also, try not to flick around screens etc whilst it is loading, it get's proper hissy about it and sometimes won't open if you do.

Hope this helps.

lucy

Lord Douche
04-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Moved from General Talk to Comments and Suggestions

Would the appropriate Moderator like to merge this with the original chat thread here (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657)?

LD

Lord Douche
04-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I can't test this out and see just how hard it all is, as I'm currently installing Java for Firefox. Once it's all done, I'll see what's up with it!
LD

lynangel
04-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Finally managed to get into the chatroom this afternoon and had a quick chat. Thanks sl...it was your way that did it for me! :D

Oh and...LD...best keep those mitttens handy......

Lord Douche
04-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Oh, rest assured, those mittens will be ready and waiting!

(Inside joke, for those totally confused. Let your imaginations wander!)

LD

albear
04-15-2004, 06:35 AM
shhh lyn! don't mention the mittens! :D

lynangel
04-15-2004, 08:59 AM
My lips are sealed Albear.........just trying to keep LD on his toes a little.... :D

allalone46
04-15-2004, 10:59 AM
:( I have tried to get into the chat rooms also but couldn't get into any of them. :confused:

Ironwulf
05-03-2004, 07:09 PM
If you are not getting the applet to load and only see a gray box with a red X in the corner you may need to download the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.

This is no longer provided by Microsoft when you install Internet Explorer 6.0 or Windows XP.

Microsoft VM build 3805 for Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 95/98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0. - file size is 5.2 MB

You can download it directly from here: Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (http://www.meetingworks.com/files/msjavx86.exe)

Steps to install the Microsoft Virtual Machine:

1) Download the file using the link above and save it to your hard drive.
2) Once the file is on your hard drive, execute it and thus load the Virtual Machine.
3) As the file begins execution, answer Yes to the License Agreement question and then once complete, re-boot your PC.
4) Once the PC is re-booted you should be set to go.

redEva
05-04-2004, 02:40 PM
@ Ironwulf
welcome back! you are missed!

allalone46
05-04-2004, 02:45 PM
If you are not getting the applet to load and only see a gray box with a red X in the corner you may need to download the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.

This is no longer provided by Microsoft when you install Internet Explorer 6.0 or Windows XP.

Microsoft VM build 3805 for Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 95/98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0. - file size is 5.2 MB

You can download it directly from here: Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (http://www.meetingworks.com/files/msjavx86.exe)

Steps to install the Microsoft Virtual Machine:

1) Download the file using the link above and save it to your hard drive.
2) Once the file is on your hard drive, execute it and thus load the Virtual Machine.
3) As the file begins execution, answer Yes to the License Agreement question and then once complete, re-boot your PC.
4) Once the PC is re-booted you should be set to go. :confused: still won't work, and I have windows, all that comes up is the screen and nothing else. and the screen is blank. :mad:

Lord Douche
05-04-2004, 09:37 PM
What browser are you using? If you're not using IE, you may need Sun Java instead (Google is your friend). If you are using IE, then your security settings may be blocking it. Do I need to plug Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org) again?
LD

Pickety Witch
05-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Seems that the chat room is down. Have messaged LD but due to time differences maybe there is someone else who can sort it out?

redEva
05-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Sunday 2:13 PM ES time - BDSM irc server is down - nothing we can do - we will have to wait untill they bring it up.

Sorry

Pickety Witch
05-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the info RedEva.

Wontworry
05-09-2004, 04:57 PM
I expect it overheated after last night, red !!!

redEva
05-09-2004, 06:57 PM
:p

(hehe - thank you - i guess :D )

Lord Douche
05-10-2004, 04:14 AM
Whatever happened to you sending the chat-log to me of that conversation? It hasn't come yet, and I want to know all the soft and squishy details! ;)

I am aware of the problem, but there's nothing we can do. They were having troubles before the server went down, so we can only assume that the admins are trying to fix it. :confused: I vote that we all blame Pickety, and when the server comes back, she can recieve her punishment! :D
LD

Wontworry
05-10-2004, 06:28 AM
I'll second that LD, for no reason other than a wish to see a sub (any sub) punished.

MrJerseyGuy
05-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Is there a problem with the chat room? I haven't been able to connect yesterday or today...either through IRC or the site link.

redEva
05-10-2004, 02:02 PM
you know... Pickety was not there, but Irb made some sticky mess in the room and i dont remember anyone cleaning it up.... just wondering it might have been the sticky stuff that "burned it" not heat so much ;)

PS check your mail LD

Wontworry
05-10-2004, 02:18 PM
yup, there sure is - and its being talked about in the chat room thread.

albear
05-18-2004, 04:26 AM
and hide her behind the couch! :p

haha!

slave ruthie
05-18-2004, 05:46 AM
i have no trouble accessing the Library chatroom via irc - the only annoying thing is that ppl WILL borrow a book or manuscript without signing it out lol

umm and can we have cushions or rugs for the floor please? the flagstone's very cold to sit naked on for any length of time ;)

love & respect (and huggggg to albear)

ruthie[Phil]
XXXXXX;)
www.slaveregister.com/763339

Wontworry
05-18-2004, 03:09 PM
umm and can we have cushions or rugs for the floor please? the flagstone's very cold to sit naked on for any length of time ;)

... and your point is ?

redEva
05-18-2004, 08:03 PM

love & respect (and huggggg to albear)

ruthie[Phil]
XXXXXX;)

I just ordered some nice bear skins to throw in front of this fireplace - please make yourself comfortable :)

albear
05-19-2004, 03:19 AM
bear skins?!

*looks worried*

(huggles back ruthie :D )

Pickety Witch
05-19-2004, 03:32 AM
Looks good to me Eva.

And thank you yet again for talking me through the Mirc install. I am amazed that you still have any hair left!

slave ruthie
05-19-2004, 05:41 AM
... and your point is ?

ohh dear - i didn't realise i had to have a point...very sorry about that

love & respect

ruthie[Phil]
XXXXXX;)

(strokes albear's lovely pelt - MUCH betterer on you than on the floor, my sis lolol)

slavelucy
05-19-2004, 05:47 AM
ohh dear - i didn't realise i had to have a point...very sorry about that

Awww, ruthie...i think WW might have meant that in a tongue in cheek way - i.e. a sub/slave complaining about the er, lack of comfort on the cold floor of the chat room!! ;)

luce

P.S. On that very subject, there are quite a few cushions in there, i know because red often puts one down for me. :D Perhaps LD is hiding them?!?!

slave ruthie
05-19-2004, 08:42 AM
i understand now...(grins at her own foolishness)...so WW was teasing then, but i bet it was HIM who didn't replace the original manuscript of "120 Days of Sodom" on its proper shelf ;)

love & respect

ruthie[Phil]
XXXXXX;)

slavelucy
05-19-2004, 08:55 AM
but i bet it was HIM who didn't replace the original manuscript of "120 Days of Sodom" on its proper shelf ;)

ROFL!! Nice one ruthie!

Hmmm, these bloody Doms think they can just totally disregard the Dewey decimal system!

*grin*

sl

Wontworry
05-19-2004, 04:06 PM
As I recall, I gave the book to a sub to put away - so she must have done it wrong again !!!

(btw .. sorry if My last post came over as anything other than teasing, ruthie)

Lord Douche
05-20-2004, 06:15 AM
I don't have to sit here and listen to these wild allegations! To think, that I would actually go and hide the pillows, and force Ruthie to sit at my feet on the cold stone floor... I would never do such a thing! :D
Now I'll have to go and make someone re-order all the book-shelves. I see Pickety Witch is in there... *rubs hands together* ;)
LD

Pickety Witch
05-26-2004, 03:59 PM
* wail* What did I do?

I have been good.......*grin*