PDA

View Full Version : C is for Collar

Guest020109
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
OK i am curious does any one have a collar? do you wear it in public or only in the own privacy of your own home? Can you tell it's a BDSM collar or does it look like a every day collar/necklace? i wanna get one but i have these questions and wanna see what people say.

Guest020109
03-02-2008, 08:47 PM
oh wait nvm found a place to answer my questions, but still C is for collar.

_ID_
03-03-2008, 04:58 AM
My submissive's collar

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2256/2160768544_15c9426242.jpg?v=0

Guest020109
03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
ohh i like that, very nice.

kathryneslade
03-03-2008, 08:54 PM
oh wait nvm found a place to answer my questions, but still C is for collar.

Where is that place?

Guest020109
03-03-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9948

Sir_Russell
03-05-2008, 07:57 PM
A collar can be anything from ring, anklet, to necklace. There are dress collars, work collars, play collars. I personally believe that a collared sub should have several so that she can be outside with family, friends or business people without having to explain why she is wearing a dog collar.

I have 2 for minx at this time and more will be on the way. It isn't to advertise who we are that she wears one it is so that she knows who owns her.

Ozme52
03-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Think of a collar as the equivalent of a ring.

Some have meaning. Some are merely for decoration (or play).

And those that have meaning... the meaning is as various as the participants.

From friendship rings to going steady to being engaged to marriage bands.

Guest020109
03-06-2008, 09:54 PM
ok now i know. Master saids i have to earn my collar,lol

icey
03-07-2008, 04:31 AM
mine is a stainless steel padlocked collar which i have worn 24/7 for over 3 yrs ive had a few comments but no-one i know seems to be aware of what it is or what it stands for they just think its a strange piece of jewellery lol.

i also have the wrist and ankle shackles which i wear more often than not,these are very noticable and ive had people tell me how ugly and bulky they are! but again they dont recognise what they are even though they've made the odd joke about slaves and chains lol

i dont flaunt anything our r/ship is our buisness but Icehawk insists i wear my collar all the time and i am very proud to wear it and we wont let others dictate what i should or shouldnt wear around my neck :).

_ID_
03-07-2008, 05:12 AM
ok now i know. Master saids i have to earn my collar,lol

This isn't uncommon.

Guest020109
03-09-2008, 10:29 AM
i know i will earn it with respect

sisterhoney61 {RW}
03-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I have two collars. One is the typical studded black leather collar that I wear during play. Then the other one is stainless steel with a padlock that I wear 24/7. A few people I know understand what it means. But for vanilla people who ask I just tell them that it's a choker. It's easier to do that then to try to explain what it means. I live in the Bible Belt and there are too many straight-laced, conservative types here who don't think that sex should be anything but in the dark, missionary position style sex, so since I know I cannot change their way of thinking, I just let them think that it's just a piece of jewelry I wear.

cookie
03-21-2008, 10:57 AM
c is for cookie..i got proofe here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhUFxaauNTE

_ID_
03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
c is for cookie..i got proofe here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhUFxaauNTE

Thread hijack!!! Why the hell doesn't he eat the cookie?????

MrDom
03-22-2008, 04:16 AM
My pet now wears a sliver Eternity Collar it is very nice. What I like about it is there no padlock showing and after a few shower it has no come perment and that was something she wanted.

MrDom

Guest020109
03-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Mr Dom do you have a pictures of this collar, i would like to see it.

boundbyu
03-25-2008, 01:56 PM
The first time was owned I had a anklet with little bells on it that I wore 24/7 Master always wanted to wher I was :)

silver9
03-26-2008, 05:11 AM
I don't think I could wear a collar myself all the time, I would in play, but not 24/7
I think that's just me though; maybe it's because I'm new to all this though.
My appearance and looks are too important to me and I couldn't cope with being told what to wear or anything :p

MrDom
03-26-2008, 09:33 AM
here is the collar different color tho

MrDom

crazy_grrluk
03-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Thread hijack!!! Why the hell doesn't he eat the cookie?????

he does right at the very end lmao

My collar is a 24/7 one. It is a fine gold chain which sits tight around my neck. I ahve had a couple of comments over the last 2 years as to why it is so tight fitting... I just say I prefer them that way lol.
I also have a matching anklet which was made from the original chain.

cg

Guest020109
04-01-2008, 09:54 PM
ohh i like that Mr Dom. when i earn my collar i am going to wear it 24/7. Hopefully its going to look like a normal choker. I am very excited about getting it. When i do get it i will put up pictures.

Naomisagoodgirl
04-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I have a pretty "play" collar that is leather with little dangley things. Although I call it my play collar because I don't wear it all the time, it is very important to me and my master did not give it to me lightly. My second collar is a ring that I wear all the time. It says "good girl" on the inside. Whenever I feel tired or discouraged I take it off and read the inscription, and remember that I am Sir's and he loves me and that really, I can be good if I try.

MrDom
04-02-2008, 03:41 AM
HisandHisonly yes it looks good most don't know what it is. it is 5/16 stainlesssteel and it has weight my girl loves weraing it

MrDom

Guest020109
04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
this is driving me crazy i wanna earn my collar so bad!, he is teasing me, he mentions it and then when i ask when i get it he saids you must earn it....my neck feels so bare

slaveangel{HM}
04-04-2008, 11:05 PM
this is driving me crazy i wanna earn my collar so bad!, he is teasing me, he mentions it and then when i ask when i get it he saids you must earn it....my neck feels so bare

A collar is a privilage, it must be earned. Sure it is driving you crazy, but a little humility and humbleness wouldn't go astray. Perhaps your neck feels bare, that is just for aesthetics a physical mark that you want to feel. I find begging for a collar, even if your Master jokes about it, doesn't really show what a collar really entails. I suppose each couple have their own rituals and meanings to what a collar means. Each to their own though.

Earning my collar made my soul feel complete, made me realise that it is a privilage and an honour that my Master felt that I was worthy enough to belong to him.

Exclusivity for us wasn't an issue as in our eyes there wasn't a need for a collar for that purpose. Yes I was tested in various ways to prove and show my commitment and honour to my Master - the collar seemed to be a natural progression to set our commitment to eachother in stone.

It is such an amazing feeling and I wish you well in making that next step with your Master. My collar is a gold chain with a hollow gold heart - stencil like. Every year Master gives me an additional charm to add to the necklace. In June I will have three.

In time we might make it into a bracelet with the charms in order, but even then my collar necklace and heart will remain. I have never taken off that necklace since he collared me, and there would be hell to pay if anyone dared touch it. Can't help it, am possessive of it. It has become a significant symbol in my life and in my duty and honour in serving my Master. If everything else fails around me, my collar and commitment to my Master is unwavering - it is a reminder of being owned and loved and strengthened through my Master.

tydnchaynz{NSXX}
04-05-2008, 10:56 PM
great post lilangel!! And truly, what meaning would a collar have if you didn't have to earn it and work hard for it. Just think of how wonderful it will be when that time finally comes. It will make all the effort and waiting worthwhile. And i do believe in a "play" collar, and a collar that can be worn at all times and never be removed. i know that when my time comes to receive a collar, i will be like lilangel and be VERY possessive of it. i will not want to remove it for any reason, hence the need for the play collar (because i do enjoy the feeling of a very wide leather collar). i just don't see me going for a parent-teacher conference or to work wearing one *smiles*

slaveangel{HM}
04-06-2008, 04:13 AM
Neither would I. It is more than just a symbol or a piece of jewellary. Makes my soul warm when people compliment me on it, or when i am madly rushing about, I take a glance and remember what it means and what it represents. Lately, Master has noticed, that when I am nervous, or anxious about something, i twirl my fingers around the chain and fiddle with the heart, never really noticed it until he pointed it out. It's also a comfort thing.

Guest020109
04-06-2008, 10:35 AM
so true lilangel so true. I do have to earn it, and show that i am worthy of a collar. I must be patient.

slaveangel{HM}
04-06-2008, 05:28 PM
*smiles* You will get there in time HisandHisOnly. Just make sure it is what you really want, are you willing to gift your submission and honour to this Dom, and know that in return he will possess your mind and soul, and the other way around. Allow you to explore what you desire and need. Yes I know all this does take time and patience and trust, but in the Lifestyle you are always learning and growing as people and as partners - is he the one that you see yourself doing this with? Let us know how you progress.

ShaynaUnderBondage
04-07-2008, 07:32 AM
i cant wait to find a Master...much less a collar. lol

ShaynaUnderBondage
04-07-2008, 07:33 AM
A collar is a privilage, it must be earned. Sure it is driving you crazy, but a little humility and humbleness wouldn't go astray. Perhaps your neck feels bare, that is just for aesthetics a physical mark that you want to feel. I find begging for a collar, even if your Master jokes about it, doesn't really show what a collar really entails. I suppose each couple have their own rituals and meanings to what a collar means. Each to their own though.

Earning my collar made my soul feel complete, made me realise that it is a privilage and an honour that my Master felt that I was worthy enough to belong to him.

Exclusivity for us wasn't an issue as in our eyes there wasn't a need for a collar for that purpose. Yes I was tested in various ways to prove and show my commitment and honour to my Master - the collar seemed to be a natural progression to set our commitment to eachother in stone.

It is such an amazing feeling and I wish you well in making that next step with your Master. My collar is a gold chain with a hollow gold heart - stencil like. Every year Master gives me an additional charm to add to the necklace. In June I will have three.

In time we might make it into a bracelet with the charms in order, but even then my collar necklace and heart will remain. I have never taken off that necklace since he collared me, and there would be hell to pay if anyone dared touch it. Can't help it, am possessive of it. It has become a significant symbol in my life and in my duty and honour in serving my Master. If everything else fails around me, my collar and commitment to my Master is unwavering - it is a reminder of being owned and loved and strengthened through my Master.

very well put. :)

ObjectivistActivist
05-13-2008, 09:43 AM
The first collar I put around belle's neck, I had custom made. I tend to put an extreme amount of thought and consideration into the meaning of every aspect of something I make/have made, and so the first collar I put on her had to be just right, and every facet of it had to be meaningful. This is, of course, after she earned it in the first place. The place I found to make the collar executed it perfectly, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to have a custom collar made. (Am I allowed to post a link to the site, or name the site in my post, or are both of those things against posting rules?)

The next three I bought were not custom, but still suited the purposes for which I intended them. She has one that's subtle (a thin leather thong with a reversable, heart-shaped padlock) for use at work or in some public situations, a more flowery, pretty one for when she's been extra good, and a larger, more uncomfortable one for when I want her to know that she's bordering on disappointing me. She's collared all the time, though. Only once did she disappoint me to the point where she had to be uncollared for a few hours (she didn't lose them, just wasn't allowed to wear it for a while). She figured out very quickly how to attone for her mistake, though. I could tell that every minute without it was pretty hard on her. I almost even felt bad for assigning that punishment.

For me, it will be pretty easy to spend thousands of dollars on collars for every occasion for my belle. It's one of the more important aspects of our relationship to me that crosses the physical/emotional boundary. Besides that, she just looks damned good with my collar on her throat. :D

lordPathfinder
08-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I have designed a collar and I am making it out of stainless steel, it is to be riveted shut to be on my slave all the time.

It can be removed quickly if need be with Large bolt cutters LOL.

But this will look more like chunky jewelry than a ring collar or flat collar,
the rings can be slim and discreet and the flat are more put on men.

You can find almost an design of collar you imagine or your master might want.

MasterDragon
10-14-2008, 04:22 PM
I have two collars. One is the typical studded black leather collar that I wear during play. Then the other one is stainless steel with a padlock that I wear 24/7. A few people I know understand what it means. But for vanilla people who ask I just tell them that it's a choker. It's easier to do that then to try to explain what it means. I live in the Bible Belt and there are too many straight-laced, conservative types here who don't think that sex should be anything but in the dark, missionary position style sex, so since I know I cannot change their way of thinking, I just let them think that it's just a piece of jewelry I wear.

I know the feeling I was in southern Ga. for way too long.

Timoty
11-07-2008, 03:58 PM
This morning My girl and I were having a discussion about collars, their meaning, and their substance. I have come to find out, from experience and from reading the postings on this site, that it matters not what the collar is made of, nor, the style and manufacture. For, in fact, it is only a symbol, and, W/we use symbols throughout our lives for many, many things. Important and not so important. So, what does it mean, if it is not important in those man made ways? I suggest that O/one looks at the essence of the collar in a different way than most do. Subtle, but different.

As opposed to saying and/or thinking this is my Matser's collar that He has given me. I believe it should be moree like, "This IS my Master." That would explain the comfort that one slave feels when wearing it, and, the awareness of a slave that her actions while wearing it are her Master's and should be done accordingly. It also inplies that her Master is always with her. And, covers the reason why it is so hard to "earn" it. yoiu are not earning the gift of My collar, you are earning the privilege of representing Me around your neck.

Just an opinion.

nizzy[KM]
11-22-2008, 02:31 PM
My wedding ring is a collar i never take of but i have a play collar that i ware prity my 24/7 any way

hislilslut2008
11-23-2008, 12:40 PM
i dont get my permant collar for a LONG time. haha, i have to buy it myself, and since im a house wife thats a little hard. its got matching cuffs for the wrists and akles too! the reason i have to pay for it is a joke that turned real. i love my Master! He picked it out and i love it.
my current collar is one Master's friend saw me eyeing. its black with spikes all around, i love it but its dying on me lol

BryansGrrrl
12-11-2008, 02:05 PM
My collar is with Mia'Cova. He made it for me.

We had discussed that it was tantamount to a wedding ring, and we both agreed that we felt that way about each other, even if we can't yet be married.

I have tried it on, but we are waiting to have a meaningful time togehter for a "ceremony" of sorts where I will be officially collared. He will still keep it with him, but when I visit it will be around my neck.

In the meantime I wear a necklace he gave me 24/7 (except when showering, as that would damage the cord) and it is a constant reminder of his love, our devotion and his ownership.

Bobbitsj
01-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Maybe I'm greedy or lucky or however you look at it. I have 6 collars and each has a sort of a different meaning or use if you will.

The first one my wife bought for me is my bondage collar. This is the one I wear most all of the time(when at home). It is one and a half inches wide and has a large ring in the front and three smaller rings, one on each side and one in the back. It is lined and very comfortable to wear. I guess maybe you get used to things and it becomes second nature to wear.

The second collar she bought is my posture collar. This one is 4 inches wide and is extremly strick. It has one large o ring in the front and is lockable so only she can remove it. It makes it impossible to look down, or even to the side without moving your entire body. I love wearing it but then again I love being bound by her so I guess it's more of a bondage tool than a normal collar. Again, this one is only used at home and most always it is used in some kind of bondage scene.

The third and forth collars I have are worn 24/7. I never remove either of them for any reason other than getting through airports. One being her dog tag. It has her name and id number on it. I wear this one with special pride. The other is a silver chain. This one was very expensive and I truely adore it. This is the one she refers to as my "day collar", although I never remove it.

The fifth collar she bought for me is the one I call my "day collar". It is a simple black leather collar about a half inch wide. No rings, just a collar. Anyone in the know would understand what it is but vanilla people just think it's a choker. This one I wear when we are out and about. I have had people ask me whats that around your neck and I just say "my collar" and that normally ends the conversation.

The last collar she bought for me is kinda cool. It is like 3/4's of an inch wide and wraps around my neck twice. It has one small ring in the front and is lockable. I normally wear this one when I'm outside doing yard work or whatever. It is also nice to wear in the summer time when it's hot out. It's not as big as the bondage collar or as restrictive. I guess we call this one a slave collar because it allows me to preform tasks for her safely and without restriction.

So I guess each collar has a different meaning while all the time each has the same meaning.

steelish
01-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I have a dress collar (A thick silver chain with padlock) and an every day collar which is a Black aluminum Turian slave collar which I have worn 24/7 since the moment Forge locked it around my neck. I love my collar. The thing to remember is having a collar that can go through airport security without sounding an alarm. The aluminum one can do this.

The link is: http://www.houseofcollars.com/viart/product_details.php?category_id=57&item_id=160