PDA

View Full Version : Writing a story takes a lot out of a person.

petpleasureyes
04-14-2004, 06:34 PM
i wrote a story "gary's First Dog Show" and submitted it in June, i believe. Since then, more than 6000 people have read it, but only 2 of those people ever rated and reviewed it. They were both good reviews, but it's so much work for so little in return. i'm sure other authors feel the same, especially knowing it only takes a few moments to review and rate a story.

rob.wilson
04-14-2004, 07:56 PM
I've not read your story, but I will be happy to do so. And I'll be glad to give you a review.

I write a lot of non-fiction for a few websites, so I know how frustrating it is to put something out there and not get any feedback on it.

petpleasureyes
04-14-2004, 08:01 PM
It is kind of frustrating when so many people read your story and no one comments on it. i did receive a few emails from people, all good, when i first posted it. i always give a review on the stories i read knowing that the person put their story out there hoping to receive comments and aproval. Anyhow, i hope you enjoy the story. Thanks again.
gary

Powerone
04-14-2004, 09:04 PM
But think of it the other way. 6,000 people read your story Even the big sites like Literotica, you can have 100,000 people read your story and get 220 votes.

Powerone

petpleasureyes
04-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Yes, i do actually look at it that way as well. Over 100 read it this month and it excites me to see that so many people have read it. i don't know if i posted this up above or not, but i'm visiting a new Mistress in May who's interested in continuing my training as an animal fucker. If things work out, i'll be relocating in July or August to make this permanent. Anyhow, thanks again and if You read my story, i hope You enjoy it.
slave gary

Tiger
04-15-2004, 10:11 AM
This thread brings up the question about how to setup the review system. When you see a review here, you know that person took the trouble to register as a user, probably read your story already and spent some time and actually wrote something about your story. These may all sound trival to you, but believe me, most readers don't want to go through all that even if they think your story is good.

The registration process will make reviewers think again about what they say. They will have more sense of responsibility to their reviews, not like anonymous reviewing. Taking Powerone's example, that's about 1 vote out of 500 readers. And voting at Literotica doesn't require you to do anything else except clicking a button. So most readers don't even want to do such a simple thing to support your hard work. How sad is that!

petpleasureyes
04-15-2004, 11:22 AM
It is hard writing a story, not only taking the time to write it but also trying to make it well written and interesting at the same time. It's even more difficult when the story is about one's self and more especially so when the subject matter is so controversial. i will be going through this training again if everything works out when i meet my new Mistress in person and as you can imagine, this is a very frightening and thrilling prospect. i'm just glad that you offer me a forum in which to express myself and share my experiences even if it does involve something such as bestiality which is considered forbidden, taboo and even on the fringe of the alternative/BDSM lifestyle. Thanks again and i'll try to write more stories for your site.
slave gary

petpleasureyes
04-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Your story will probably be received as fiction by
many,but i sense your authenticity.I commend you on
the astonishingly degrading admission of 1500 to 2000
animal fucking sessions. Clearly you have abandoned
any pretense of manhood and have truly reached the
position of mere aniamlistic defaecatory subsistence.
You are a wonderful example of scum.in recognition
of your depths of humiliation I attach a photo ,in a
position your little penie is familiar, who your
dog-trained cock will be denied:
...."It gets me hot thinking about being between a
woman’s smooth soft thighs with my cock deep inside
her pussy. Part of my thrill at being trained as an
animal fucker is knowing that i’ll forever be denied
the pleasure of fucking women for the rest of my
life......."
One would hope you will fuck a poodle to ease any
erection ,as i assume you are also forbidden the
PRIVILEGE of masturbation as well.Your hopeless
dilemma amuses me greatly LOL !!

fetish101
04-15-2004, 03:46 PM
This thread brings up the question about how to setup the review system. When you see a review here, you know that person took the trouble to register as a user, probably read your story already and spent some time and actually wrote something about your story. These may all sound trival to you, but believe me, most readers don't want to go through all that even if they think your story is good.

The registration process will make reviewers think again about what they say. They will have more sense of responsibility to their reviews, not like anonymous reviewing. Taking Powerone's example, that's about 1 vote out of 500 readers. And voting at Literotica doesn't require you to do anything else except clicking a button. So most readers don't even want to do such a simple thing to support your hard work. How sad is that!

so perhaps then anyone who wants to read the stories should be required to register as a user?

Actually..I can pretty much guess what your response would be to that suggestion..you'd lose a hell of a lot of traffic on this site if you made people register.

petpleasureyes
04-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Still, i wonder why anyone interested in this lifestyle, even the curious, would just want to be a by stander.

teamster
04-17-2004, 08:00 AM
Petpleasureyes... I understand your disappointment... after posting my first story at this site a couple weeks ago I eagerly awaited people's reactions. When after a few days I saw that some thousands of people had read the story and I had yet to get a single review I didn't know what to think. Did the readers think the story sucked and were just being too polite to say so? I began to have doubts about posting further chapters. Finally I did get a couple of favorable reviews and an email or two which was enough to encourage me to go on with the effort. The thing is, I think most people are very reluctant to give out any information about themselves over the internet, and especially at sexually-oriented sites, so they are afraid to register as users, a necessary step in the review process. Probably if they were allowed to post their reviews anonymously, a lot more people would express their opinions. The only trouble with that is that then you {and I don't mean just you personally} would be likely get a lot of facetious, silly or just plain abusive comments along the lines of "F**k you, a**hole" or similar. The vetting process forces those who do want to post reviews to take some responsibility for their words, and excercise some degree of restraint, so I understand why this is done. Unfortunately, the subject of bestiality is not one that holds great appeal for me personally, so I would hesitate to try and review a story in which that is a central theme, much as I would like to give you some encouragement. Be patient. If you've gotten 6000 hits then at least it shows that a good many people are interested in what you have to relate. Are you satisfied with what you have created? Does it express what you wanted it to express? Then give yourself some credit and take some satisfaction in that, and try not to worry too much what anyone else thinks. No doubt the artist is his own severest critic.

petpleasureyes
04-17-2004, 11:41 AM
i do agree with you whole heartedly. One of the biggest things i tried to express in my story was the emotions that i experienced as a slave being used this way. It was very difficult for me to post such a story about myself, but i do think it was well worth the effort and do intend to post other stories in the future. i hope there are people out there who are eagerly awaiting me to do this. Thanks again for replying.
slave gary

Dr Mabeuse
04-23-2004, 10:23 AM
One thing you might really consider doing is posting a request for feedback and opinion at the end or the beginning of the story.

I've posted a lot of stuff at Literotica.com, which has an awful lot of members. Still, only about 0.1% (one out of a thousand) bother to vote on a story, and in my own experience a story will generate maybe 2-5 pieces of real feedback before it sinks beneath the waves.

If not that, then maybe we should consider posting a sticky or creating another board where authors can specifically ask for feedback and stories can be discussed. Or you can always ask me. I'm pretty tough, but I'm fair too, and I like reviewing stories.

---dr.M.

petpleasureyes
04-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Thanks for replying. If you want, check out my story and review it. By the way, i've always enjoyed reading "Kublai Khan." It's a shame R.L. Stevenson interupted Coleridge before he could finish it.