PDA

View Full Version : Which one are you?

gemmy
03-05-2008, 08:33 AM
There is such a vastness to this life - some mild, some highly extreme

no wrong, no right, just what feels good to you only

From the extreme masochist who can't get enough when being thoroughly thrashed at the end of a suede cat 'o nine tails whip to the 'babygurl' submissive who screams blue murder at the slightest slap on her bottom by her Master

Where do you fall in the 'types' of sub / slave?

First is there a difference between a submissive and a slave? yes there is:

- a submissive submits willingly to her Dominant within a pre-set defined set of limits, limits which may very well be re-negotiated as she see's fit, she is very much the one in control of where the relationship goes and how far. a submissive thinks in terms of level of submission in all the ways they think, act and in their expectations of the out come.

- a slave submits willingly and completely to her Master, no questions, no negotiation - she has placed her full trust in Him having done all her 'homework' on Him before asking to serve Him - she has picked the One person she never wants to say no to ever and also trusts He would never put her in a position to say no to Him. a slave is 'owned' wholly and completely by her Master

There is a thought among BDSM'rs that a slave is lower than a submissive, others feel the slave is a rare entity so therefore; highly revered - i'll leave you to ponder your own thoughts on that ;)

So...types of slaves/submissives

Some of us are a combination of a few of these - they are not all black and white definitions, just a general guideline as i've found researching around from different sources and what i've learned over time ;)

Sex slaves / subs - A sex slave in BDSM adopts the role of a sex slave, but is not actually owned, but a sub who has agreed to perform sex only acts for different Dominant partners

Pets - the leash and collar slave/sub, generally assuming a very low profile to her Dominant, serving her Master on hands and knees, laying at his feet always or on a cushion beside his chair, very much relying on his every word and command to serve and please Him

Brat subs - these gurls like attention, be it negative or positive, they will go out of their way to draw attention to themselves through sassy acts to gain what they want from their Doms, usually punishment - Brat is not usually a term assigned to a slave as a slave would never intentionally draw her Masters annoyance, dissappointment or anger for any reason

Babygirl subs - a submissive who requires much coddling from her Dom (usually a 'Daddy Dom' type) - they like being treated as one would care and love for a young child - may be quite Diva and highly dramatic and requiring a very high maintenance

Pain slaves / subs (the masochist) - are ones who enjoy pain in their pleasure and can vary as i said earlier to the very light to the extreme edgeplayer, either way they enjoy the stimulation brought about by the physical pain brought to them at the hand of their Dom/Master

Business slave / sub - is the one you will read the least about when reading online journals. This is a person who will happily take on tasks for the dominant that are related to work. Often, the dominant owns his own business, and the slave will take care of the mundane paper work, accounting, organising or other activities that otherwise eat up the dominant's time. The slave will often be employed by the company, therefore having a salary. This by no means de-values the slave's position as submissive. It's often hard to recognise duality of the slave's life - dominance in work, submissive in nature

Domestic slave / sub - is one who takes great pride in looking after the home. She is tidy and organised, and is often a brilliant cook (whether she is a natural or had be to taught, she still enjoys it). There is nothing more satisfying for her than welcoming the dominant into his tidy, warm home after a day's work, with dinner about to be served.

Pleasure slave / sub - is the type most heard about when reading online journals. This is the type many submissives strive towards. A pleasure slave understands that her reason for being is to please the Master in all things sexual. Ideally, a pleasure slave will never be fully satisfied, so that she is always ready for sexual use or service. The slave has no say in when, where, nor who with; this is all up to the Master, who also has the responsibility to make sure the slave's safety is not compromised.

Gorean slave - the Ultimate Slave - Gorean women are called "kajira" or "sa'fora" (daughter of the chain). These women, who according to Gorean philosophy, are considered submissive by birth and nature and their mission is to please and be pleasing to the Master always. Men are otherwise Dominant and have absolute power over a woman.

There is to name but a few and i'm sure can be many more different ones ;) which one are you or which one draws Your (Dom's / Master's) desire most?

Xavier
03-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Great post, mastersgem. A valuable list.

As an aside (not making light), it almost reads like an RPG class list. "World of Worship"... now there's an idea. :)

gemmy
03-05-2008, 09:33 AM

As an aside (not making light), it almost reads like an RPG class list. "World of Worship"... now there's an idea. :)

hehehe thank you Xavier - just some things i had put together for a group i ran to help new subs and thought some here would find it interesting also and it's always fun to hear different takes on this and where people think they may fall *smiles*

~faerie~
03-05-2008, 10:02 AM

First is there a difference between a submissive and a slave? yes there is:

- a slave submits willingly and completely to her Master, no questions, no negotiation - she has placed her full trust in Him having done all her 'homework' on Him before asking to serve Him - she has picked the One person she never wants to say no to ever and also trusts He would never put her in a position to say no to Him. a slave is 'owned' wholly and completely by her Master

i have been an owned slave for only around 4 months, but i have to agree with this point. i trust my Master fully. He knows better than i know myself. we are r/l even though He lives a few hours from me. He feels that a slave is the deepest level of submission a person could give to another. i agree. i am cherished and cared for by Him. there is complete honesty and trust between us. there are no secrets. He doesnt control my day to day life, but if i am falling towards failure He will intervene. i dont question His orders for i know in my heart that He has my best interests at heart. I may state my opinion in a respectful way and we discuss any issuses that are going on in our lives. He does make the final decision.There are many times that He wants me to make decisions myself. I do so with the thought in my mind that everthing i do reflects upon Him. I am very proud to be His slave.
[/I]

There is a thought among BDSM'rs that a slave is lower than a submissive, others feel the slave is a rare entity so therefore; highly revered - i'll leave you to ponder your own thoughts on that ;)

I dont agree that a slave is lower than a submissive...
imho i think that a slave is a greater gift. you offer yourself and all you are with no limitations. That is the deepest and most precious gift you can give. My Master believes the same.

So...types of slaves/submissives

Some of us are a combination of a few of these - they are not all black and white definitions, just a general guideline as i've found researching around from different sources and what i've learned over time ;)

Pain slaves / subs (the masochist) - are ones who enjoy pain in their pleasure and can vary as i said earlier to the very light to the extreme edgeplayer, either way they enjoy the stimulation brought about by the physical pain brought to them at the hand of their Dom/Master

Business slave / sub - is the one you will read the least about when reading online journals. This is a person who will happily take on tasks for the dominant that are related to work. Often, the dominant owns his own business, and the slave will take care of the mundane paper work, accounting, organising or other activities that otherwise eat up the dominant's time. The slave will often be employed by the company, therefore having a salary. This by no means de-values the slave's position as submissive. It's often hard to recognise duality of the slave's life - dominance in work, submissive in nature

Pleasure slave / sub - is the type most heard about when reading online journals. This is the type many submissives strive towards. A pleasure slave understands that her reason for being is to please the Master in all things sexual. Ideally, a pleasure slave will never be fully satisfied, so that she is always ready for sexual use or service. The slave has no say in when, where, nor who with; this is all up to the Master, who also has the responsibility to make sure the slave's safety is not compromised.

There is to name but a few and i'm sure can be many more different ones ;) which one are you or which one draws Your (Dom's / Master's) desire most?

i guess i am a combination of the above.

I am here for His pleasure above all. I am always ready for Him. I love to serve Him any way i can. He loves the fact that i strive to please Him in all that i do. He enjoys the fact that He can make me cum on command. My safety is of the utmost importantance to Him. He doesnt ever share with other Masters. i am His alone

i am a masochist and that does play a major part in our relationship. He gives me what i need and in turn i give him all i am. He enjoys bringing me to the highest peaks and then watching me explode from the combination of pleasure and pain. He puts me in my slavespace.

We also have started a business together, which is a seperate entity in itself. we are equal partners in that aspect. I do do alot of the mundane work, but that is because i am good at it, and it pleases me to be able to do those things for Him so that He may concentrate on larger issues. i suppose that makes me a business slave of sorts. However i also have a lot of responsibility with creation and marketing. We accent eachother in what we do.

This is just the way our relationship works. I am sure it is different for everyone as we all have different needs.

Dragon's muse
03-05-2008, 10:25 AM
i am the "Dragon's muse" type. He and i are individuals that resist strongly being placed into categories or boxes.

Labels are for packages; pigeonholes are for pigeons. We are neither.

Warbaby1943
03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
i am the "Dragon's muse" type. He and i are individuals that resist strongly being placed into categories or boxes.

Labels are for packages; pigeonholes are for pigeons. We are neither.Nicely said

gemmy
03-05-2008, 01:53 PM
i absolutely agree muse, it's not meant to do that but to show the many differences there can be in this vast realm *smiles* and to maybe have some fun exploring them

i understand no one wants to be 'labelled'

crazy_grrluk
03-06-2008, 12:27 AM
I am slave to Master. regardless whether he is here or not. everything I do.. i do it for him. I still have my own opinions and as Dragon's muse said we are individuals.

cg

sisterhoney61 {RW}
03-06-2008, 01:35 AM
It really depends on my mood and Master's as to what I am at any given moment. Sometimes Master wants a babygirl to coddle and spoil. Sometimes I feel a little bratty and want to talk back so that I can get a spanking. Sometimes I want to be a total pain slut and flogged until I'm seeing spots. Sometimes Master wants a domestic servant to wait on Him hand and foot. Sometimes He wants a pet on a leash. Sometimes He wants a sex slave to service Him at His whim.
I am all these things and more. I reserve the right not to label myself, because I am many different people at any given time.

delish
03-06-2008, 03:07 AM
I am what He needs me to be.

I also want to address something somebody else said, which was that slaves offer a greater gift than submissives- I disagree, respectfully. I do believe that true slaves are much more rare than any flavour of submissive, but putting a value on x type of submission is baffling to me. Perhaps this is a defensive response, because I am not a slave and think that the chances I'd truly learn to be one are slim to none, but I'm not comfortable saying that my gift is somehow less because it's "common".

I do agree with the sentiment expressed that it's utterly wrong to place slaves as somehow less than submissives, for the precise reason listed above- it's just not quantifiable, to me.

This was meant to be a very short reply. I suck at that.

Honestly, though, I can't say what type I am most often, even. I watch Him for cues on what He needs at the time, and hope that I've learned to interpret well enough.

gemmy
03-06-2008, 07:57 AM
lol delish - it is a short response hehe

i honestly don't think that either sub or slave have value over each other as we all have our own individual value we bring to each relationship - all situations are different and if you're happy in your corner, who's to say what value that holds *winks*

i think it's awesome that we all put together our own unique mix of this world and that being every Master is different, a whole new blend will come from the mold he is creating with you *smiles*

thanks to everyone for the responses, it's fun learning about people and their own take on it

~faerie~
03-06-2008, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=delish;574158]I am what He needs me to be.

I also want to address something somebody else said, which was that slaves offer a greater gift than submissives- I disagree, respectfully. I do believe that true slaves are much more rare than any flavour of submissive, but putting a value on x type of submission is baffling to me. Perhaps this is a defensive response, because I am not a slave and think that the chances I'd truly learn to be one are slim to none, but I'm not comfortable saying that my gift is somehow less because it's "common".

I do agree with the sentiment expressed that it's utterly wrong to place slaves as somehow less than submissives, for the precise reason listed above- it's just not quantifiable, to me.

QUOTE]

I apologise...i did not mean to offend anyone, it is just so often i hear that slaves are less because we have given up all rights. perhaps my defense mechanisms have kicked in as well. i do not believe i am less because i am a slave. And i dont believe that anyones gift is common. Far from that, i truly respect everyone who has given a gift of their submission, slave or not. Whatever your level of submission is between you and your Master...mine however looks at my slavery as the greatest gift that can be given. So in fact for me to say less would be disrespectful on my part.

gemmy
03-06-2008, 10:13 PM
ShyGreenEyedGrl - no apology necessary, it's the reason for these boards, to express your opinion, your experience - it's how we all learn *winks*

icey
03-07-2008, 03:22 AM
im sugar and spice and all things nice...with a little bit of naughty thrown in for good measure ;)
in other words im just me.

i dont really go for labels and dont understand the need or desire to have one i am who i am, sometimes bratty,sometimes very very good and depending on what we have planned or are doing at the time slave (like) not as in role play just by some of the routines we have in place and the way we live our lives.
im always the little girl type i need lots of attention good or bad,preferably good lol but not intentionally just naturally Icehawk tends to bring that out as he is naturally protective of me and a bit of a father figure.

one thing im certainly not is the sub who sits by her Masters feet and hangs on every word!! guess thats the spice part of me lol

tbh i cant really get my head around the 'true slave' thing to me simply because of its very definition and the way most people explain how it works and the foundations often set for their r/ships BUT thats only my opinion. and no-one should be judged or thought a lesser or lower person because they are a slave not sub...or vice versa! its never entered my head to think of it in that light, and who is anyone to determine which is the better??

i love pain and a lot of it but ive never considered myself a masochist, if i give myself a label/type it would simply be im a girl :)

just my 2 cents worth!!

hunneeb36
03-07-2008, 01:29 PM
i, too find difficulty choosing where i stand/fall in the submissive/slave stand. Every day is a new learning experience for me and for Him. Living this lifestyle 24/7 (especially with children in the home) is a challenge that He and i face daily. i do not know where i fall on the scale, i just hope that i please Him with where i am and where i am going.

icey
03-07-2008, 01:42 PM
im betting the most pleasing thing to him will be that you try and that you are you :)
there is no scale, officialy set roles,and rights and wrongs every r/ship is different and if people are happy then does it really matter what 'category' they fall into?

i have children too and no its not always easy it can even be a bloody nightmare at times! i know as a good parent im not supposed to say that! but im also human lol.

gloombunny
03-07-2008, 09:26 PM
*obligatory protest that the difference between "slave" and "submissive" is largely overblown and it has more to do with personal aesthetics than anything else*

Cool Luke's Hand
03-08-2008, 01:16 AM
If I had to pick one of them, I'd probably go with the "Brat", it seems like the most fitting. If we're talking a mixture, then add a pinch of "Sex slave", a dash of "Pleasure slave" and a couple of spoonfuls of "Masochist". I'm as much an individual as the rest of you, but if you actually try you can fit yourself into one of those boxes. It's not a perfect fit, never is, but it's the closest you'll get.

gemmy
03-08-2008, 11:07 AM
*obligatory protest that the difference between "slave" and "submissive" is largely overblown and it has more to do with personal aesthetics than anything else*

*giggles*

Gr1m'sGirl
03-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I am anything He wishes for me to be, and hopefully more. I dislike labels, so I wouldn't choose any of these to describe me. I like to live outside the box. -giggles-

The only thing I would label myself as is His, and only His.

<3

jeanne
03-08-2008, 05:13 PM
What the heck, I'll play. What's the harm? :)

I'm a combination of the categories below, different emphasis at different times, depending on what He wants.

Pets - the leash and collar slave/sub, generally assuming a very low profile to her Dominant, serving her Master on hands and knees, laying at his feet always or on a cushion beside his chair, very much relying on his every word and command to serve and please Him

Pleasure slave / sub - is the type most heard about when reading online journals. This is the type many submissives strive towards. A pleasure slave understands that her reason for being is to please the Master in all things sexual. Ideally, a pleasure slave will never be fully satisfied, so that she is always ready for sexual use or service. The slave has no say in when, where, nor who with; this is all up to the Master, who also has the responsibility to make sure the slave's safety is not compromised

One final thing, not really mentioned...service. He wants to be served. He requires my assistance to bathe and dress. And I gladly give it. :)

lilchia3
03-09-2008, 08:27 AM
thanks a whole bunch for posting this. it is very well worded and succint and i have founf that it has clarified some things for me that i haven't been quite able to grasp. So thank you.....

Kitten4DADDY
03-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow!! That is the first thing that comes to mind.

I didn't realize there were so many "labels" for what I am or strive to be.
I am His slave, sub, pet, baby girl, domestic, all of the above.

I live to serve him, it makes me feel complete.
I love to serve him, my place is at his feet.
I yearn to sever him, that is where my talent lies.
I need to serve him. So goodbye.

Sorry that is just what came out. :)

He is my first Master/husband. I never put thought into what I was as in a category. Other than I knew I was not dominant or aggressive in anyway.
When I stumbled upon my first story where the boss spanked his secretary and it made me tingle like nothing else ever had I knew I wanted to try it.
I hid that story away under my mattress and read it when ever I got a chance. It took me over 3 years to bring it up to my husband. I eventually threw that story away which I regret. But told him about it. He was raised by a VERY liberal mother, and it took him years to warm up to the idea.
Now neither of us would/could have it any other way.

I guess I am just HAPPY!

bip0lar
03-10-2008, 10:50 AM
In play, i'm tit slut--that's the name master gave me. Thus, under this name, i am what i'm told i am, be that his love, his slut, his whore, his slave, his baby. However i've always been scared of labeling myself, not only on the everybody is an individual basis, but also because i find that once under the umbrella of a "title" things can get antagonistic and weird. For example i have met many wannabe Doms who, when they understood that i am a submissive, demanded i pleased them. Now i'm sorry, but if labeling myself as a sub means i have to do whatever anybody with a dominant character says, then i'd much rather refrain from calling myself that! Titles and adjectives can lead to misunderstandings. Therefore i choose to be myself unless Master has a better idea :>

Cool Luke's Hand
03-12-2008, 01:48 AM
OK, we get it, you're all individuals. Can't you just indulge the topic and TRY to work out where you'd best fit? It can't just be me who's annoyed by this.

gloombunny
03-12-2008, 02:29 AM
OK, we get it, you're all individuals. Can't you just indulge the topic and TRY to work out where you'd best fit? It can't just be me who's annoyed by this.
Perhaps some of us don't think trying to shoehorn ourselves into somebody's arbitrary categories is a worthwhile pursuit.

Cool Luke's Hand
03-12-2008, 02:47 AM
How is it shoehorning? This is an informal survey on a message board that doesn't even require to you pick exclusively one. You are not going to be lifted from your home, attached with a tag reading "Brat" or "Masochist" and shipped off to Monaco to live out your days at the beck and call of a multi-millionaire living in tax freedom. What's the harm in it?

jeanne
03-12-2008, 05:12 AM

LMAO!!! No, you're not the only one. Which is why I took the time to answer. It doesn't take anything away from who I am as His submissive to take the time to think about the "types" in the context of what He has clearly told me He requires. I thought it was a fun topic and a chance to think about submission without the emotional context.

What's the harm in it?

Exactly! Unfortunately, we as human beings want to believe we are completely uniquely special. I had this conversation with Him the other night, and we came to the conclusion that it's not each of as individuals that are so special or unique, but rather what we create together. That works for me...I don't have a problem with the fact that as a person and as a submissive I'm not "all that". What I am is perfect for Him. :)

gemmy
03-12-2008, 07:42 AM
my apologies to anyone who was offended by this thread, it wasn't meant to pigeonhole anyone but to try to have a look at different variations for the fun of it simply

i've had some (especially new subs), say they learned something about themselves looking at this thread and that is a good thing, no?

we all strive to be individually us and no one has to fit into any of these categories since the bottom line of a submissive is to please and be pleasing simply

if you didn't find the fun or it didn't provoke any thought process, that's entirely fine, just don't play lol

thanks to all who came to me saying they enjoyed it, i appreciate it

*open minds lead to better learning? isn't that what we all preach to the vanilla society? open your mind and try to accept a different view? a new side to learning? hmmmmm*

anyway........................gone to read other topics lol

Sir_Russell
03-12-2008, 05:11 PM
wasn't offended at all, in fact the be what you want to call yourself attitude offends me.

If you object to a term and standardized meaning for that term then you believe that words have no meaning and no power. I object that any fool can say I be Dom hear me brag. I am Dom and proud of it, live it and live to a higher standard then does joe vanilla in about 90% of the cases.

I know that I am not a whip master nor do I want to be. I know that I am a caring loving dominant and wouldn't want to be anything else.
I know that I am not a sadist and that pain for pain sake isn't for me so a masochist isn't my ideal submissive.
I know I am a bondage Master and that I love having a lady restrained to the point that she can refuse me nothing.
I know that all of these help make me who I am and I think able to describe that person to you. To save I am a slave because I say I am is just as silly. Tell me why you are so we can know where we agree or differ.

gemmy
03-12-2008, 06:21 PM
wasn't offended at all, in fact the be what you want to call yourself attitude offends me.

If you object to a term and standardized meaning for that term then you believe that words have no meaning and no power. I object that any fool can say I be Dom hear me brag. I am Dom and proud of it, live it and live to a higher standard then does joe vanilla in about 90% of the cases.

I know that I am not a whip master nor do I want to be. I know that I am a caring loving dominant and wouldn't want to be anything else.
I know that I am not a sadist and that pain for pain sake isn't for me so a masochist isn't my ideal submissive.
I know I am a bondage Master and that I love having a lady restrained to the point that she can refuse me nothing.
I know that all of these help make me who I am and I think able to describe that person to you. To save I am a slave because I say I am is just as silly. Tell me why you are so we can know where we agree or differ.

thank you very much for this Sir_Russell, i truly hadn't thought of it in terms of different kinds of Masters - very interesting! *s*

Sir_Russell
03-12-2008, 07:48 PM
There has to be different Masters/Doms since we all have different needs and wants. sub/slaves are different to so need different types of Doms to suit their needs.

There isn't any one right way or one right Dom or only one way to be a slave. God save us from the sure of mind they will trap us in their tiny little worlds and we will miss the wonder of all the others.

gloombunny
03-12-2008, 09:04 PM
How is it shoehorning? This is an informal survey on a message board that doesn't even require to you pick exclusively one. You are not going to be lifted from your home, attached with a tag reading "Brat" or "Masochist" and shipped off to Monaco to live out your days at the beck and call of a multi-millionaire living in tax freedom. What's the harm in it?
Who's talking about harm? I'm just saying that none of these archetypes fit me in any meaningful way, and if some people here aren't playing along and categorizing themselves under this scheme, it may be because they feel the same way. It's "shoehorning" because that's the word for trying to squeeze something into something else that doesn't quite fit.

I'm not offended by these categories or anything like that. I can see that other people find them personally relevant and meaningful, and that's great! But it is an arbitrary categorization scheme, and it's not going to accurately describe everyone. So why get pissy that some people aren't using it to describe themselves?

gloombunny
03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
*open minds lead to better learning? isn't that what we all preach to the vanilla society? open your mind and try to accept a different view? a new side to learning? hmmmmm*

Doesn't open-mindedness imply accepting that not everyone will use the same classification system to describe themselves?

(Also, in case it wasn't as clear as I'd hoped in my last post - you have nothing to apologize for! There's nothing wrong with your categories, only with the idea that they're the only ones anyone can describe themselves with, and you never said that about them. Your categories seem to be working pretty well for many people, so good on you for posting them!)

I think I agree, but I'm not sure what this has to do with the question of whether these specific nine categories are sufficient to describe every sub out there?

I probably shouldn't be posting so much on this, but I seem to have unintentionally hit a nerve with some people and I don't want to be misunderstood. :o

icey
03-13-2008, 01:42 AM
my apologies to anyone who was offended by this thread, it wasn't meant to pigeonhole anyone but to try to have a look at different variations for the fun of it simply

i've had some (especially new subs), say they learned something about themselves looking at this thread and that is a good thing, no?

we all strive to be individually us and no one has to fit into any of these categories since the bottom line of a submissive is to please and be pleasing simply

if you didn't find the fun or it didn't provoke any thought process, that's entirely fine, just don't play lol

thanks to all who came to me saying they enjoyed it, i appreciate it

anyway........................gone to read other topics lol

*hugs* i enjoyed the thread and it did get me thinking.

unless ive misunderstood some of the posts , i dont understand why people are offended or annoyed by others not wanting to be 'labelled'

you can use generalised terms to describe yourself but as an individual nobody fits into a perfect catagory.and the majority of people can be many different things at many different times.

perhaps if we need a label we should also consider ourselves criminals,sick,twisted perverted etc ? as in many countrys thats the title/name we are given by most of society.

also re-reading the posts the majority of us have done our best to try and describe the type of submissive/slaves we are into some of the terms (and thats all they really are) used for bdsm.and it can be fun trying to work out where you 'fit into' it all

people should be proud to call themselves and be a unique person as well as proud to call themselves and be a submissive etc

i hope i havnt offended anybody either!, im sorry if i have.

Cool Luke's Hand
03-13-2008, 02:11 AM
Who's talking about harm? I'm just saying that none of these archetypes fit me in any meaningful way, and if some people here aren't playing along and categorizing themselves under this scheme, it may be because they feel the same way. It's "shoehorning" because that's the word for trying to squeeze something into something else that doesn't quite fit.

I'm not offended by these categories or anything like that. I can see that other people find them personally relevant and meaningful, and that's great! But it is an arbitrary categorization scheme, and it's not going to accurately describe everyone. So why get pissy that some people aren't using it to describe themselves?

Because everyone deciding to post "oh im individual i dont fit into these boxes" neatly derails the entire thread. The original post was asking where you fit, not whether you're individual or not, and if you're not willing to dedicate a little bit of creative thought to working out in which one of those categories you fit in, you're just being awkward for the sake of it. I don't fit into any one box accurately, but rather than post something worthless, I tried and found a better definition. I get pissy because this is a good topic being cheapened by people refusing to participate.

gloombunny
03-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Because everyone deciding to post "oh im individual i dont fit into these boxes" neatly derails the entire thread. The original post was asking where you fit, not whether you're individual or not, and if you're not willing to dedicate a little bit of creative thought to working out in which one of those categories you fit in, you're just being awkward for the sake of it. I don't fit into any one box accurately, but rather than post something worthless, I tried and found a better definition. I get pissy because this is a good topic being cheapened by people refusing to participate.
Well, I agree it isn't much use to post in the thread just to say "I'm not gonna contribute to this thread". Better to either try and describe what kind of sub you are without using the posted categories, or just leave the thread without posting.

(I'd have done the former by now except I'm not very articulate and am still trying to find a way to express my thoughts, and I was all set to do the latter until I saw people getting bitched at for not hammering their square peg into a round hole.)

gemmy
03-13-2008, 07:45 PM
omg are you kidding me?

can we just please drop it and get back on topic or drop the entire thing period

god, if i'd known it was going to be such a drama post, i'd not have bothered really

and gloombunny - let me help you articulate.... "i don't fit into the above categories so i'll think on it and see what else i can come up with to express how my submission feels to me" *smiles*

as stated in the OP, those stated are but a few ideas of where one might fall, i'm tired of defending this thread and would happily see a mod remove it please

Isabella King
03-14-2008, 03:55 AM
If I may be so bold...

I don't think this thread was ever about attaching labels. The initial examples got the thread up and running and then it was nice to read about other people's lives :)

Me? I'm lucky enough to live in a house with no children (I originally put lucky enough to have no children - I thought it best to change that:rolleyes:)

I don't want to repeat, word for word, what I've written on another site but I gave myself, body and soul, to my husband. I exist in his world and live by his rules - I'm his submissive, his domestic, his pet and even sometimes his slave...but I'm also his friend and lover. Yes, he makes the rules but he also loves me and the tasks he sets me are designed to make me grow rather than to beat me down...they're also sometimes just about sex :cool:

Life with him is a constant test of my commitment. It started when he asked me to give up everything for him - from my career right down to my passport and the contents of my wardrobe - and although we live a mostly normal life, he can and will enforce his will on me - I stay because I get off on all of the above :d

(Sammi, I don't think that you should take criticism of this thread as a personal affront.)

Sir_Russell
03-14-2008, 06:42 AM
mastersgem,
Actually I think it is a very worthy thread. You have people thinking, even those that don't believe in labels. Again words are tools and if you don't know what their meaning is then they are worthless.

By defining yourself you learn about how you are. The next part of that is that you should grow constantly. It is why most cultures consider their old people a treasure because they have the "knowing of all sorts of stuff".

submissive frequently aren't sure where they are in the Life and your list was fairly complete just not detailed enough I suppose for a Lifestyle as big as ours. So be proud of your contribution and don't let the nothing can describe me crowd get you down. Shows that they are too mentally lazy to do a personal inventory.

The rest of us even the Doms got a chance to learn due to this thread and for that I thank you.

Cool Luke's Hand
03-14-2008, 08:26 AM
(I'd have done the former by now except I'm not very articulate and am still trying to find a way to express my thoughts, and I was all set to do the latter until I saw people getting bitched at for not hammering their square peg into a round hole.)

No, no. Nobody was bitching because they weren't doing it, I was complaining because they weren't even trying to see if their peg fit in any of the holes.

gemmy
03-15-2008, 10:20 AM
*giggles* I don't know how many noticed but I neatly avoided answering my own question while i sat and read all yours *s*

I thought I'd better get out which boxes I like ;)

Mainly and mostly, I am a pleasure slave - in all ways and manners - truly to hear Him say I've pleased Him is the absolute bottom line and spins my tummy like I can't even believe. Next to that is a pleasure sex slave, I do believe I was born to please in such a manner and quite enjoy bringing that to Him and for Him. I have some curiosities in pain but wouldn't call myself a painslut but who knows, maybe having those explored and tested may bring it out of me or I may scream blue murder and never want it again hehe

I know I'm not a brat, and think it unbecoming of a slave entirely (just my opinion) but many Dominants love that fire that a brat brings. I won't say I'm not without a bit of imp sometimes tho ;)

And lastly I would say I am a bit of a babygurl sub although I'm not at all into Age Play or the Daddy/daughter thing, if that makes any sense lol (must be the coddling part hehe)

There are other things in my make-up of course, as they are with all of you, those are just some of the more powerful ones within me *s*

~faerie~
03-16-2008, 05:56 PM
*claps for mastersgem* :)

sub-timmi
03-18-2008, 03:51 PM
all I see here are boxes with some trying to find one to fit into and some trying there best to climb out. A box is a fixed boundary and any fixed boundary restricts growth and change. Therefore is change that some want and some don't. Is it not the fear of change that causes most problems in this world and is an adult regardless of nature able to decide on thier own without enforced boundaries.
Or am i just an anchist

Isabella King
03-18-2008, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=sub-timmi;584144 Is it not the fear of change that causes most problems in this world and is an adult regardless of nature able to decide on thier own without enforced boundaries.
Or am i just an anchist[/QUOTE]

Personally, I prefer enforced boundaries :d

gemmy
03-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Personally, I prefer enforced boundaries :d

lmfao!!

Cool Luke's Hand
03-20-2008, 12:19 PM
all I see here are boxes with some trying to find one to fit into and some trying there best to climb out. A box is a fixed boundary and any fixed boundary restricts growth and change. Therefore is change that some want and some don't. Is it not the fear of change that causes most problems in this world and is an adult regardless of nature able to decide on thier own without enforced boundaries.
Or am i just an anchist

I'm trying to understand the point of this, but failing. Someone explain.

DowntownAmber
03-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Or am i just an anchist

Eh, perhaps this thread could be taken this way. I prefer to look at it from a slightly different perspective. Sometimes, things come in boxes and in fixed containers. We can leave everything in the box it came in, or, we can take a little something out of each box and each container and blend to make the mixture that suits us. If we find an ingredient we don't have a flavor for, leave the lid on that container and move on. Easy as that.

I like cake.

I have a basic recipe for chocolate cake I use all the time. Once I have the basic ingredients put together, I modify that recipe nearly each and every time I bake. I can go double chocolate, German chocolate, with frosting or without, Black Forest cherry chocolate, you name it. However, do I get offended when someone asks me what went into the "chocolate cake?"

Most of us have already labeled ourselves: Doms, subs, or switches. I don't think this thread is trying to pack us into boxes so much as give a few variations for us to be able to explain the subtleties within these titles.

There, my two cents. Now I want cake... ;)

Wedjat
03-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Now I'm gonna be looking through my cupboards for cake ingredients too, dangit!

DowntownAmber
03-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Now I'm gonna be looking through my cupboards for cake ingredients too, dangit!

Cake is rarely a bad thing, Wedjat... Have your cake and eat it too!

gemmy
03-23-2008, 10:50 AM
lol Amber, well being that I'm completely Unique (haha) and don't like cake or any kind of sweets for that matter, I think I'll take my ingredients and make a lovely manicotti or lasgagne hehe

The beauty of the lifestyle is we get to use what bits and bites (mmmmm bites) suit us each best as no two submissives will agree on liking all the same things and nor will two Masters - the combinations are infinite and that just makes all of us Uniquely lucky *s*

Hime
03-27-2008, 09:52 PM

:D

A friend of mine who was getting into BDSM for the first time actually phrased it kind of like that... "I'm not sure I'm ready for sex with character classes." :)

On topic, I think that I'm some of almost all of those. I mostly think of myself as a "pet," but I definitely have aspects of the babygirl, the brat and the pain slut. :)

Hime
03-27-2008, 09:58 PM

Yeah, I agree with this post.

My husband and I prefer not to use the term "slave" because we're from the Southern US and find that the term brings up a lot of history that's more shameful than exciting to us. It has nothing to do with the depth of our relationship or our power exchange -- it just isn't the term we prefer. "Pet" suits me better, anyway. :)

gemmy
03-31-2008, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I agree with this post.

My husband and I prefer not to use the term "slave" because we're from the Southern US and find that the term brings up a lot of history that's more shameful than exciting to us. It has nothing to do with the depth of our relationship or our power exchange -- it just isn't the term we prefer. "Pet" suits me better, anyway. :)

I agree on using the term in certain places Hime - one has to be very careful not to draw the wrong attention from those who don't understand and in the South would be one area, I think, to be extremely cautious ;)

tydnchaynz{NSXX}
04-01-2008, 04:11 AM

Brat subs - these gurls like attention, be it negative or positive, they will go out of their way to draw attention to themselves through sassy acts to gain what they want from their Doms, usually punishment - Brat is not usually a term assigned to a slave as a slave would never intentionally draw her Masters annoyance, dissappointment or anger for any reason

Domestic slave / sub - is one who takes great pride in looking after the home. She is tidy and organised, and is often a brilliant cook (whether she is a natural or had be to taught, she still enjoys it). There is nothing more satisfying for her than welcoming the dominant into his tidy, warm home after a day's work, with dinner about to be served.

*looking over the above recipie* yes, i'd say a dash of this, a smidgeon of that, etc. I don't believe gem was trying to place labels on anyone as we are all a mixture of many things. It was fun to look through the "types" and see which ones applied to me.

i will say that the *brat* portion is definately a 'dash' item in my own defense *smiles innocently*.

gemmy
04-01-2008, 07:55 AM
*looking over the above recipie* yes, i'd say a dash of this, a smidgeon of that, etc. I don't believe gem was trying to place labels on anyone as we are all a mixture of many things. It was fun to look through the "types" and see which ones applied to me.

i will say that the *brat* portion is definately a 'dash' item in my own defense *smiles innocently*.

and now why don't I trust that smile hehe :icon176: