PDA

View Full Version : The Thread About The Thread on Smells that Just Won't Die

lily27
03-06-2008, 02:24 PM
You can find the original thread here:

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3697

I know where my vote on this one lies. Any others?

Warbaby1943
03-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Why because some like it? Who's it hurting?

violet girl{MM}
03-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Well...aside from a slight funky, semi-moldy smell...i see no harm! ;)

If We hose it down once in awhile, all should be good! :D

crazy_grrluk
03-06-2008, 03:16 PM
i think its a great thread and always brings a smile to my face no matter how gross it can get LOL

Whippett
03-06-2008, 03:21 PM
So what's the big deal with the page - if it bothers you - don't look at it! And leave it alone for those who do go there and find it useful or whatever.

Sheesh - this is a BDSM board folks - I would think there would be a little less prudery about????? And a lot less "Shut it down" attitude!

thrall
03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Leave it alone........

thrall
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

I just looked....:eek:....your asking to lock and close the most viewed thread in "my bdsm life"???????? A thread with more then 5000 views???????

mandy77
03-06-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree with Whippett - If it bothers you dont read it but leave it alone for those of us who enjoy it!!!!

gagged_Louise
03-06-2008, 04:21 PM
All for keeping it up - in the early posts it was an insult to women but that was years ago, and it has now turned into a charming anarchist sideshow.

cadence
03-06-2008, 04:52 PM
They already changed the name so as not to offend everyone. It is an old thread that gives everyone (okay some, not everyone) a laugh.
The OP was an idiot, I don't think that anyone here takes it seriously.

As long as I am not eating breakfast while reading it, I kind of enjoy it.
I don't think it's hurting anyone at all.

Isabelle90
03-06-2008, 08:31 PM
This is almost like a modern day book burning!!! LOL

(If it really happens, then can I please put in my copy of Waiting on Godot????? That book frustrated the heck out of me in college and I've never forgotten!! Gggggrrrrr!!!)

~minx~
03-06-2008, 09:16 PM
i like this thread--makes me smile, laugh, giggle! And the smell? Hell, i'm only pinching my nose...to learn breath control!!

DowntownAmber
03-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I like its funky little self! Leave the poor thread alone!

Leigh
03-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I agree leave it alone it isnt hurting anyone and I personally find it hysterical

icey
03-07-2008, 03:02 AM
it made me laugh and if it makes people laugh then surely thats a good thing!
just cos its a bdsm site doesnt mean people dont have a sense of humour :)

what do you think we have Whippet for??? sorry Whippet i had to get that in ;)any excuse for a spanking lol *bends over*

im with him on this one,dont like it .... easy..just dont read it.

gemmy
03-07-2008, 08:04 AM
it's just a thread on a site that people enjoy reading - is there a valid reason to delete it?

J-Go
03-07-2008, 09:05 AM
The life of this thread or any thread is the people who keep it alive...this thread is very alive, let it live.

H Dean
03-07-2008, 10:06 AM
I am rather astounded there is a question about it. Have the moderators said anything about shutting the thread down? If so, have they specified any community rules it violates?

I gotta say, if a thread that doesn't violate community guidlines can get shut down by moderator decree or by a simple vote - I won't be sticking around. Not that my participation actually matters, but there will be one less instructor in the Writers Block and one less author in the library. One less set of footsteps on your floor. They're'll be one less pair of jeans upon your door. Whoa - launched into Jim Croce...my bad.

Lion
03-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Never lock is...it's good for fund raising

annie
03-07-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't think any harm was meant by Lily's question... it is a joke imo... just as the initial thread that started it was!

Warbaby1943
03-07-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't think any harm was meant by Lily's question... it is a joke imo... just as the initial thread that started it was!Not at all sure about that one.

lily27
03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Not at all sure about that one.

Thanks for your faith in me. Guess we don't need a poll to find out how you feel about me.

If I had a serious issue with the thread, I would go to the mods about it. I have been around here long enough to understand the processes for such things.

This thread was meant in jest. I personally find the "other" thread juevenile and tasteless, but I don't think that means it has to be deleted. I would prefer it die a slow, natural death actually. And I was curious as to how others felt about it, without actually posting to the thread as I have no desire to keep it going.

At the very least, I don't think it has anything to do with "My BDSM Life" anymore.

Warbaby1943
03-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for your faith in me. Guess we don't need a poll to find out how you feel about me.

If I had a serious issue with the thread, I would go to the mods about it. I have been around here long enough to understand the processes for such things.

This thread was meant in jest. I personally find the "other" thread juevenile and tasteless, but I don't think that means it has to be deleted. I would prefer it die a slow, natural death actually. And I was curious as to how others felt about it, without actually posting to the thread as I have no desire to keep it going.

At the very least, I don't think it has anything to do with "My BDSM Life" anymore.My comment had nothing to do with faith or anything close to that at all. The rest of your original post left little doubt in my mind how you felt and I took it fairly easy on my reply. I guess stating how I felt about it being in jest hit a nerve and I'm sorry about that but it is the way I see it. Again, it has nothing to do with faith in you or anyone else.

Also in my defense, if I need to defend my statement, normally you never joke around as I have noticed.

Tojo
03-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't think any harm was meant by Lily's question... it is a joke imo... just as the initial thread that started it was!

Yeah I was wondering when someone would pick that up! :rolleyes:

lily27
03-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Also in my defense, if I need to defend my statement, normally you never joke around as I have noticed.

I do tend to make a lot of serious posts, especially of late. I feel like I have reached a point in my own BDSM journey that I can start to share what I have learned with others. That is a responsibility I do take seriously.

However, if you think I never joke around, I invite you to look through some of the threads I have started.

cadence
03-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Thank god!! I had assumed it was a joke.

Isabelle90
03-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Darn!! I suppose this means I still can't rid myself of that blasted book!!! :confused:

(I am seriously glad this was all a joke!!!)

Whippett
03-10-2008, 08:26 PM
This is almost like a modern day book burning!!! LOL

(If it really happens, then can I please put in my copy of Waiting on Godot????? That book frustrated the heck out of me in college and I've never forgotten!! Gggggrrrrr!!!)

lol - then the book did what it was supposed to pet :D

Widget
03-23-2008, 06:37 AM
That thread makes me laugh my damn ass off. Its turned into a farce as it should be taken and its funny. The thread breaks no rules and it is not something worth serious debate. The poll is funny as hell too. There is a great opportunity in that thread for women to hear from people that LOVE the way a pussy smells. Trust me that is a much needed thing for someone that never had been told before.

Oh and do trust me the staff all has seen that thread, i have posted there too. lets let lily have her fun and be light hearted with this topic....don't make me create a scratch and sniff thread in revenge....