PDA

View Full Version : Obama Attends Chicago Endorsement Event By Former Generals & Admirals

mkemse
03-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Following a victory in the Mississippi primary, U.S. Senator Barack Obama returns back home for an endorsement from a group of military leaders.
The group endorsed Obama's ability to handle a crisis. Ten former generals and admirals said Wednesday that Obama has the judgment, temperament and right answer to the 3 a.m. phone call, a direct reference to a recent ad by U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton that helped her win the Texas and Ohio primaries.
"I have no doubt in my mind that Senator Obama will do what he has to be done at the time that it most be done," said Maj. Gen. Hugh Robinson (ret.), Obama supporter.
"Senator Obama said he wasn't against war. He's just against dumb war," said Gen. Tony McPeak (ret.), Obama supporter. "No shock Barack kind of a guy. No drama Obama."
Story continues belowAdvertisement"After years of being told the Democrats have to talk, act and vote like John McCain to pass some Commander in Chief test, how many times do we have to learn that tough talk is not a substitute for sound judgment?" said Sen. Barack Obama
Following the endorsement, Obama answered questions about his victory in Mississippi no Tuesday. He received 90-percent of the black vote, which has raised questions about the role of race in the campaign. The issue was already out there following the comments of Clinton supporter and committee member Geraldine Ferraro, who said that if Obama was white, he wouldn't be where he was.
"I think her comments were ridiculous," said Obama.
Ferraro saying on Good Morning America that she's talking about racial pride- not racism. "The spin on the words has been that somehow I was addressing his qualifications. I was not. I was celebrating the fact that the black community in this country has come out with pride and has shown itself at the polls," said said Geraldine Ferraro, (D) 1984 vice presidential nominee.
Ferraro said Obama should be thanking her for acknowledging the racial pride that has given him such success this year. But, by Wednesday afternoon, Ferraro resigned as a member of Clinton's finance committee.

Any opinions on this on this??

wmrs2
03-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Here's a comment. I hope you like it! Sean Hannity concluded on Fox Network last night that Hillary set Obama up with having her good friend and supporter to raise the racial issue with Obama. The strategy appears to have worked since, as you point out,Ferraro resigned as a member of Clinton's finance committee, which frees her to attack Obama on racial issues. Hillary knows if she doesn't strongly win the white vote, shes beat. Hillary wants race to be an issue but she doesn't want the black voters to know it.

The Republicans want the Democratic Party to split. McCain has pulled even with both Hillary and Obama in the polls for the main election, Fox reported. McCain gains in the polls every time Hillary and Obama go after each other. By the time the summer is over, McCain will have a sizable lead. Some people say that the writing is on the wall for the Democrats because whoever loses the nomination, enough of their supporters will vote for that third party candidate to swing the election to McCain. Hey! Republicans, how is that for news?

mkemse
03-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Here's a comment. I hope you like it! Sean Hannity concluded on Fox Network last night that Hillary set Obama up with having her good friend and supporter to raise the racial issue with Obama. The strategy appears to have worked since, as you point out,Ferraro resigned as a member of Clinton's finance committee, which frees her to attack Obama on racial issues. Hillary knows if she doesn't strongly win the white vote, shes beat. Hillary wants race to be an issue but she doesn't want the black voters to know it.

The Republicans want the Democratic Party to split. McCain has pulled even with both Hillary and Obama in the polls for the main election, Fox reported. McCain gains in the polls every time Hillary and Obama go after each other. By the time the summer is over, McCain will have a sizable lead. Some people say that the writing is on the wall for the Democrats because whoever loses the nomination, enough of their supporters will vote for that third party candidate to swing the election to McCain. Hey! Republicans, how is that for news?

The Reality is if as thr War continues, Oil and Gas Prices continue to go up, the Economy does not tur naround ect the Repulicans have no chance of winnig

And Fox is the Most conservative New Xhannel on Earth eveybosy know how Pro Republican Fox is it is a know fact, and that they said that on a Fox Station is of No suprise to me
What i would like to see and i have not checked latetl do to some major RL issues is what the Washington Post, Time Magazine, New York Papers, Cnn, and others say

right now i put no credence in any polls because 1 year ago Hillary was blowing Obama away
But to quote 1 sourece in a poll and to use Fox Network as the source s unbalanced i want to see a multitute of polls both Republica and dEmocraitc
I would love to see independent pols on the race and polls in gneneral will have no valid importance til after both Convnetions are over with
Yes the Democratic may be a bit devided, but the Chrisitian Conservatives that are Bush's foundation has publi cly said at this point they can't support MccAin as he is not conservative enough and even Rush Limbough has said he would not vote for McCain, and that Preacher who was at a MCainrally 2 weeks ago as a warm up speaker at a rally forhim before McCain arrived, who was all over Obmama over his middle name said he will not support MCain because MCCain rejected his remarks, and said instead of McCain he will support, Clinton, i realize that is a protest vote by that Preacher, but none the less a vote McCain looses
If McCain can't not get the support of Christian Convervatives which he acknoweled himself will be very hard since he is not conservative enough for them, he has no chance of winning in November because they make up over 50% of the Rebplican base
The Dems will come out of Denver very United and unified

Go back to JFK he was inexperienced and a Roman Catholic to boot and at that time for those 2 reasons nobody gave him a chance in the World to win, but he beat Nixon

wmrs2
03-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Good knight, good friend. We'll start again tomorrow. It's good to discuss politics with a man of conviction. God bless!

mkemse
03-14-2008, 12:42 AM

In February 2008 last month, th United States lost 65,000 jobs the single biggest montlhy job loss in 5 years (and durimg the current adm), we has -0.6Retail growth the worst in man decades, and bush says our econimy is ok but a bit weak the US Dollar is the lowest in Value overseas in our History, and our economy is ok but weak Chryler Coprortion annnounced that they are shuttinddown almost all if not all US plants for 2 weeks do to a slow economy and nobody will get paid theseare 2 weeks of forced unpaid vacation, and our economy is only weak?? our Sub Prime Mortage Crisi is dystroying our economy causing record forclosures in thsi country like we have never seen and our economy is ok but weak?? and Bwoing lost a $35 billoin dollar deal sensing hundreds of thousand of job over sea, Boeing hasmade Tanker Refulerfor the Air Forve since 1957 and we oos all those jobs overseas aswell and our econimy is ok but weak??Sharper Imag file for Bankrupcy as has Wickes Furniture and Sear year end sales weredown 97% from 2007 over 2006 there are more but just wanted to list a few a minor over view of where weare now and Bush says "wewill stay the course"
Stimulus Cjeckswill not even be mailedtil April and 67% said they will bank the money not spend it

Sir_Russell
03-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Fox will never tell you that they are simple putting the best face on a very sad picture for McCain. Personally I am very pro McCain other then he stance on the war and that alone is enough to have me vote for either of the Democrat candidates.

To think that the Demos when put to the voting test will vote for a war supporting Republican and continue with this huge drain on our collective purses is simple highly improbable.

When the debate becomes down to 2 voices they will hear how bad the republicans war has torn this country apart to the point that we can't take care of our own problems and will continue to have our personal wealth decrease for all but the top 5 to 10% of the population.

Remember American's normally vote wallet first in most presidential elections.

mkemse
03-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Fox will never tell you that they are simple putting the best face on a very sad picture for McCain. Personally I am very pro McCain other then he stance on the war and that alone is enough to have me vote for either of the Democrat candidates.

To think that the Demos when put to the voting test will vote for a war supporting Republican and continue with this huge drain on our collective purses is simple highly improbable.

When the debate becomes down to 2 voices they will hear how bad the republicans war has torn this country apart to the point that we can't take care of our own problems and will continue to have our personal wealth decrease for all but the top 5 to 10% of the population.

thanks

wmrs2
03-14-2008, 11:01 PM

There may not be a way to determine if Fox Network is fair and balanced on its coverage of the war and various positions of political candidates; but, about 70% of the population agree that Liberal journalist and news broadcasters dominate how Americans receive their information. Right or wrong, I think most fair minded Americans agree that Fox at least gives the different view to the political left assertions. Whether one agrees with what Fox has to say about politics is another matter all to gather.

For the time being, you happen to disagree with the face McCain puts on the war. I assume you are talking about the War on Terror. That's the War I am talking about too. When George Bush is out of the picture that will be all of the war left to talk about. One thing that bothers me is that I think I know what face McCain puts on the war but I have little idea of how Obama or Hillary puts this face on. How will they protect us? How will they intercept messages from terrorist? What will they do with terrorist that are in prison? Will they consider preemptive strikes? Are they going to allow Iran to develop the bomb? Will they defend Israel? Will they support a strong military? How will they do these things differently than President Bush? They have ran campaigns on change but they have not told us as yet what that change will be in terms of national security.

Maybe I have missed it but I sure would like to know what to expect when Hillary or Obama take the presidential office. If they are willing to keep the country secure, I am patriotic enough to join them in their efforts. However, it looks more like the Democrats are going to blow the election in 2008 just like they did the two previous presidential elections. I do agree with you that usually elections are determined by the economy. except when the country is more worried about national security. If the Democrats have a national security face to put on, they better get it out there along with their economic face. As you can tell on these threads, the Democrats are still too focused on Bush. In 2004 the Democrats made the same mistake. They told us how bad Bush was but they never told us how good they were. They better let the cat out of the bag before the election or else face defeat in 2008.

Lou Dobbs on CNN said last night, a year ago he would have not given a Republican a chance to win in 2008 but now the way Hillary and Obama were going after each other, this situation has changed. That was last night. Tonight, race and patriotism was brought back into the election, big time. Obama's pastor fried Obama a real hot foot. Questions have been raised that surely will cost Obama the nomination.

At this point, if Obama does not win the nomination, his followers will leave the Democrat Party crying fowl play. They will not support Hillary no matter if Obama does support her If Obama still wins the nomination, white America will not elect Obama because of the ugly face he has just put on.

Had these things not recently occurred, everything you have said probably would have happened. I think the Republicans, who look to God for help, might say they are witnessing divine intervention whereas the Democrats may blame their fate on Ralph Nader and the devil.