PDA

View Full Version : theladystouch's 1st assignment

Dragon's muse
03-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Welcome to the block!

Craft a scene/chapter/story with the following opening.

Cassandra looked over her shoulder into the mirror to make sure her stocking seams were straight before slipping into her black pumps. The chiming of the grandfather clock reminded her of the guests who would soon be arriving.

theladystouch
03-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the block!

Craft a scene/chapter/story with the following opening.

Cassandra looked over her shoulder into the mirror to make sure her stocking seams were straight before slipping into her black pumps. The chiming of the grandfather clock reminded her of the guests who would soon be arriving.
Cassandra looked over her shoulder into the mirror to make sure her stocking seams were straight before slipping into her black pumps. The chiming of the grandfather clock reminded her of the guests who would soon be arriving. The tight black corset and lace cap and apron of her French maid’s outfit were neat and crisp. The garters lay smoothly against the bare skin of her ass, showcasing her trim, petite figure. She added the final touch, a pair of short white gloves, and headed downstairs.

Smoothing her hair and making a final check of her makeup in the hall mirror, Cassandra lined up with the other servants, reporting for duty to Mr. Anderson, the majordomo of Springfield Hall.

Mr. Anderson walked the line of servants, carefully inspecting each one for any minute detail out of place. The Mistress was hosting her annual benefit tonight, and there must be nothing to distract the guests from their entertainment—or from separating them from large amounts of tax-deductible cash.

He sent Rory scurrying, with a sharp snap of his crop to repair a smudge on the shine of his shoes, and Isabel was ordered to retie the bow on her apron. Cassandra held her breath as Mr. Anderson stopped in front of her, but he moved on without comment.

Satisfied, the majordomo began detailing assignments, snapping out orders in a quick, clipped voice. “Isabel, Mary, and Cassandra, you will serve champagne in the main salon. Roger and Rory, you are on coat detail. Alexander, report to Mrs. Leary in the kitchen. She needs help with serving the buffet tables. All right, children, we’re ready to start. Any questions?”

There never were. You didn’t pass the rigorous training and testing required to work at Springfield Hall if you still had questions about how to be the perfect servant. Cassandra moved with the other girls toward the butler’s pantry, collected trays of bubbling wine, and moved off to await the arrival of the first guests.

Dragon's muse
03-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Very nice, and almost no nits to pick. You set the scene nicely without being overly descriptive. A very good beginning. i'll get your next assignment posted today or tomorrow.

rose

Cassandra looked over her shoulder into the mirror to make sure her stocking seams were straight before slipping into her black pumps. The chiming of the grandfather clock reminded her of the guests who would soon be arriving. The tight black corset and lace cap and apron of her French maid’s outfit were neat and crisp. The garters lay smoothly against the bare skin of her ass, showcasing her trim, petite (a bit repetitive -- maybe just pick one or the other)figure. She added the final touch, a pair of short white gloves, and headed downstairs.

Smoothing her hair and making a final check of her makeup in the hall mirror, Cassandra lined up with the other servants, reporting for duty to Mr. Anderson, the majordomo of Springfield Hall.

Mr. Anderson walked the line of servants, carefully inspecting each one for any minute detail out of place. The Mistress was hosting her annual benefit tonight, and there must be nothing to distract the guests from their entertainment—or from separating them from large amounts of tax-deductible cash.

He sent Rory scurrying, with a sharp snap of his crop to repair a smudge on the shine of his shoes, and Isabel was ordered to retie the bow on her apron. Cassandra held her breath as Mr. Anderson stopped in front of her, but he moved on without comment.

Satisfied, the majordomo began detailing assignments, snapping out orders in a quick, clipped voice. “Isabel, Mary, and Cassandra, you will serve champagne in the main salon. Roger and Rory, you are on coat detail. Alexander, report to Mrs. Leary in the kitchen. She needs help with serving the buffet tables. All right, children, we’re ready to start. Any questions?”

There never were. You didn’t pass the rigorous training and testing required to work at Springfield Hall if you still had questions about how to be the perfect servant. Cassandra moved with the other girls toward the butler’s pantry, collected trays of bubbling wine, and moved off to await the arrival of the first guests.

theladystouch
03-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Thank you for the encouragement. I have to rein in my descriptive tendencies from time to time, so thank you for pointing out the nits. :)

This was a fun exercise. I've never taken a writing course, so didn't know what to expect. I look forward to my next assignment. :)

theladystouch
03-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Dear Rose,

I'm working on another story offline, and just had to offer the following lines. They might make an interesting exercise for someone. :)

Barefoot and bare-chested I led him out to the barn. Luke was expecting us, and had the anvil ready.