PDA

View Full Version : S is for stiching

icey
03-19-2008, 05:06 AM
not sure if this is the right forum sorry.

we have a love of needle play which we've built up over the last 12 months ...weird really cos im terrified of the things lol.

but now were ready to try something different with them.....actual stitching ...on the genitals (namely mine) *g* we've been looking into it although there isnt really that much around other than basic needle play and to use medical cotton,
we're not stupid and always make sure we have as good an idea and as much knowledge as is possible before we attempt anything although any tips and advice would be very much appreciated.

does anyone here have any experience of it? how did you find it? id like to know my fate so to speak lol

i would also love to try nappy pins but Icehawks not too sure about that lol

lizeskimo
03-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Icey, if you are really considering using stitching as part of your play, then this may be of help. Always best to use the correct equipment methinks.

www.firstaidwarehouse.co.uk

xadianx
03-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I've always thought of stitching my Subbie up but, there is alot one has to know about where to properly do it...hitting a nerve wouldn't be good at all.

I wish you guys the best
Hope it turns out to be alot of fun =)

icey
03-31-2008, 04:52 AM
thankyou Xadianx i'll keep you posted :)

thankyou for the link Liz ive bookmarked it,i did think about going along to the local patchworkers group but after seeing those home sweet home plaque things they always seem to make i decided not to bother ;)

i know there's a problem with hitting the nerves thats always a great risk when having any genital piercings done too although i think from what my piercer ...havnt a clue what they're called lol... told me after i discreetly enquired is that its the clit which can be easily damaged.

we've used needles on my genitals before but not for stitching/suturing and always avoided that particular body part and there's been no lack of sensation or damage done so we're pretty confident about it ...well Icehawk is lol...hopefully it wont be too long now :)

i always liked the idea of safety pins too and i think they look great in pictures but those were not so confident about

TomOfSweden
03-31-2008, 05:53 AM
I used to be really into piercing. Genital skin heals really fast. So you don't have to worry that much over any long term consequences.

Once I was doing some research into this, but we never did anything of it, so I can't really say much from experience. Be very careful about sterilization. Clean hands, rubber gloves and such.

icey
03-31-2008, 06:04 AM
thankyou :)

we're always careful hygeine wise using fresh sterilized needles we never use old ones and we always keep any areas we are piercing very clean and use sterile wipes both before and afterwards and Icehawk thoroughly washes beforehand,

although we are guilty of not using gloves for anything neither of us like them and touchwood we've never had a problem with it and tbh although i know the medical gloves are very thin i think if you're not used to them it might make it more difficult especially when stitching although im only taking a wild guess on that one lol

tydnchaynz{NSXX}
03-31-2008, 07:39 AM
icey, i think icehawk would find that the rubber gloves help when stitching because of the blood factor. Makes the fingers kinda slippery. Speaking from a medical perspective, because i haven't experimented with stitching or cutting myself, hygeine hygeine hygeine is so very important. Wash and sterilize the area you're working with thouroughly before and after the work is done. My suggestion would be to start with an area other than the genitals for the experience so that you are familiar with wound care. Because it does take stitches 7-10 days to heal and because of the location in genital wounds, infection is your biggest concern. They do make self disolving nylon that can be used, although taking the stitches out yourself may be something you're interested in as well. Nerve damage is a big issue with the cutting more than the stitching, so go to the library or research online for an anatomy book with detailed nerve diagrams. There are also several different stitching styles, however i believe that it is more based on preference than effectiveness. If you don't have betadine, get some. It's great for sterilizing prior to the proceedure. Test some on a small area of skin on your arm first, because some people do have an allergy to it. And make sure after you swab the skin well with it, you wipe it back off with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. Once the stitches are in place, you won't want to get them wet for a few days if possible, so that is something to think of as well. I'm gonna shut up now lol.....but stay safe and let us now how it goes!

tyd

cassandra68
07-05-2008, 11:03 AM
It sounds to me as if you should have a chat with some (well-respected) piercers. They would be able to give you a good idea about nerves, healing times, danger zones, etc. I would love to hear what you find out and also would be very interested to hear more about your stitching play.

rexcanis
09-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Any update on this? Did you end up doing it yet?

It's been 6 months since this thread was started...

icey
09-19-2008, 02:02 AM
unfortunately no :( we finally got the equipment and did an awful lot of research and some kind of 'practicing' but because of outside day to day situation (too long and personal a story lol) play of any kind has had to be more or less put on hold...which is bloody frustrating to say the least :30: