PDA

View Full Version : W is for wax

xadianx
03-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i'll ask anyway :)
My question is how have you incorporated wax play into your sessions?
Do you do the typical "dripping" or are you a bit more creative in its use?

Thanks for sharing =)

sisterhoney61 {RW}
03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
I love fire and ice! Master will usually bind me to the bed and blindfold me and then He will drip the hot wax all over me and then He'll use the ice on me and in me. I love the combination of the heat from the wax and the cold from the ice.

One thing I'm in the search for are colored candles to use in wax play, preferebly ones that don't have fragrances and too many dyes. I have sensitive skin and I'm not sure how it would react to candles with dyes/fragrances. I'm jiust getting tired of white candles and would like more color.

Sir_Russell
03-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Just be careful the colored ones have different temps that they melt at.

DowntownAmber
03-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Just be careful the colored ones have different temps that they melt at.

Beeswax candles also melt at a higher temp, just FYI. Learned that in chat just the other day.

sisterhoney61 {RW}
03-20-2008, 12:09 AM
I was told to try for soy candles or ones made with vegetable dyes if I wanted colored candles for wax play. I've got some lines on some from the Internet, but I'm hoping to find some locally. I may decide to make my own candles. Would save me money in the long run.

tydnchaynz{NSXX}
03-20-2008, 03:54 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh.......wax play *shivers* LOVE IT!

i can say that it is one of the things i have had the pleasure of experimenting with real time, and do have to agree with Sir_Russell about candles melting at different temps. For me personally, white candles, however *plain* bring the most enjoyment. The darker candles such as green and black were too painful to me and also left small burns in places.

As for creativity, i am of the mind that one can be as creative with wax as with body paint *grins* And to my neighbor sisterhoney61, i too have thought about making my own candles and not just for play. i just truly enjoy the ambiance candlelight can bring to any setting and have them burning in my house constantly.

silverfish
03-20-2008, 08:51 AM
We use wax in our lives.

You can get coloured candles that burn at a lower temperature allowing some creative use. I agree that used well they can be a great source of pleasure both physically and visually.

I will post a pic to show, when I find it!!!

icey
03-21-2008, 02:05 AM
mmm waxing i love it and you can be so imaginative with it too :) you're not supposed to use coloured or scented candles but *holds hands up*
we just tested a couple of different ones and they didnt cause a bad reaction and it looks much nicer...for us anyway.
we tried the ones supposedly made for wax play but we found them a waste of time, they didnt melt too well they're mostly just a gimmick.

drippings good but Icehawk melted some...quite a large amount... in a pan and waited for it to cool down enough (wasnt an easy task getting it just right and took a lot of patience) then carefully poured it all over my back that was amazing!

we've made casts too but getting them off without damaging them is not very easy lol

Beeswax candles also melt at a higher temp, just FYI. Learned that in chat just the other day.

beeswax melts much higher than any other form of wax.

another tip.. the harder the candle the higher the temp, this is because of the stearin content,most common candles are made up of stearin (which gets pretty hot!) and the more stearin the harder the candle.

also the wider lipped the candle the less heat,when the wax is melting it forms a pool around the lip giving it a chance to cool slightly before dripping/pouring.
ive only ever had one bad experience with wax and that was with those birthday cake ones,it drips immediately as it doesnt have anywhere to 'gather'....i ended up with a few minor burns lol

kinkysubslut
04-28-2008, 03:06 PM
I tried wax for the first time the other day - soooo delicious. COloured ones, i would love to know about, as i only sub online and in pics -would look much cuter for that.
xxx

orangeblossoms
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh the coloured ones are really fun, get to decorate your body as the wax harderns, and it looks especially appealing against soft pale skin. Ive used red, pink, and regular white ones. But more than the color its just the sensation of the slight burn on the skin as the wax falls, especially on the nipples and clit, and asshole, and scariest when you let it pour over your eyes and mouth to seal them shut...Master if you read this, Im overdue for some wax play darling!!

Ownedfyre (mm1)
04-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I have only dabbled in wax play in the past and would like to SERIOUSLY try it someday....I can't wait to feel it in all my sensitive places!

icey
04-29-2008, 12:28 AM
scariest when you let it pour over your eyes and mouth to seal them shut...
huh? you pour it over your eyes?
im surprised you havnt ended up with 3rd degree burns! especially if you are using coloured ones,the chemicals alone can easily burn.
i dont want to sound harsh or offend you but thats just irresponsible and plain dumb!!! (im telling you that for your OWN safety.
im amazed that its even possible to do without causing you any damage your eyelids must have unusually tough thick skin and you must be extremely advanced in your play and very masochistic.
i wouldnt even drip a little on my eyes let alone pour it!

edited to add....
i dont want to sound a know-all and NO im not an expert but anyone who's about to try waxing for the first time DONT ATTEMPT IT!
i wasnt going to say this actually but ive changed my mind and yes im probably going to offend everyone and get a bollocking off you all but it sounds more like fantasy than reality to me.
maybe i misread or misunderstood the post

~faerie~
04-29-2008, 01:18 AM
Oh the coloured ones are really fun, get to decorate your body as the wax harderns, and it looks especially appealing against soft pale skin. Ive used red, pink, and regular white ones. But more than the color its just the sensation of the slight burn on the skin as the wax falls, especially on the nipples and clit, and asshole!!

i like soft green ones,
and i definitely love the way they feel on those sensitive places.
So far soy has worked best.
Master loves to crop the hardened wax off....
Always start out slow and careful. This is something that can be immensely enjoyable if done right.
*runs off to get a candle*

H Dean
04-29-2008, 10:14 AM
huh? you pour it over your eyes?
im surprised you havnt ended up with 3rd degree burns! especially if you are using coloured ones,the chemicals alone can easily burn.
i dont want to sound harsh or offend you but thats just irresponsible and plain dumb!!! (im telling you that for your OWN safety.
im amazed that its even possible to do without causing you any damage your eyelids must have unusually tough thick skin and you must be extremely advanced in your play and very masochistic.
i wouldnt even drip a little on my eyes let alone pour it!Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Icey, for all of your experience and for all of your knowledge, it should be noted that you have made a huge jump in assuming irresponsibility because of Orangeblossoms' comment. You have assumed there was no previous testing and that no care was taken.

What would be said about your practices if assumptions were made about them? Imagine if, based on this post, I were to judge you. I would suggest you were irresponsible in making statements based on assumption. I would say you are harshly judgemental. I would also say you were untrustworthy because of how you make your judgements.

Take a bit more care, Icey, in what you say and how you say. Take a bit more care in not allowing your assumptions to overtake you. After all, how many people would suggest that your personal BDSM practices are irresponsible, wrong, a sin or should be illegal? Judge what you know and not what you assume.

edited to add....
i dont want to sound a know-all and NO im not an expert but anyone who's about to try waxing for the first time DONT ATTEMPT IT!
i wasnt going to say this actually but ive changed my mind and yes im probably going to offend everyone and get a bollocking off you all but it sounds more like fantasy than reality to me.
maybe i misread or misunderstood the postYou understood the quote. Candle wax was poured over her closed eyes. Precautions were taken and tests were made. Certain dangers were present and she was aware of them. She enjoyed it - it was fun - she didn't get burns.

Now, my question to you is; Is there anything you practice that contains any sort of danger? If so, you need to stand back and re-assess your commentary. You sound like the masses who would condemn us for our "unusual" lifestyle choices.

Don't assume and don't condemn what is not right for you - it is poor form and hypocritical. Don't suggest my girl is a liar without proof or good reason - it's poor form and a personal attack. Don't call what someone does "dumb" unless you have the facts - it's poor form and makes you appear dumb, judgemental and hypocritical.

Kindest regards,
Dean

icey
04-29-2008, 11:38 AM
lol i did make a very lengthy reply quote by quote but in the end didnt bother posting it, if you felt i was attacking you and your girl then i do apologise because i wasnt,and i had acknowledged that some may not like what i was saying
what i was trying to say (obviously in the wrong way) is as a rule pouring hot wax onto the eyelids is how can i put this nicely...none too sensible! and i will not backtrack on that simply because you dont like what i have to say.

i wasnt being judgemental although im human so i guess like anyone else to a degree i am lol...and i couldnt agree more,with the things i do it would be wrong of me to condemn bdsm in any way as you say and im sure not one of the masses lol
being rude would be me saying exactly what i do think about it in much stronger words and that would be wrong and impolite.

i was simply saying what i think and will continue to do so this is a forum and unfortunately from time to time people do disagree with each other and will say what they think ..vey often much more harshly than i do lol,
as you say yourself...dont judge its poor form, i have my opinion and state it so dont judge me for that and arnt you now being hypocritical? by implying or calling me dumb...it is as you say in your own words a rather personal attack and it's judgemental.

H Dean
04-29-2008, 01:22 PM
lol i did make a very lengthy reply quote by quote but in the end didnt bother posting it, if you felt i was attacking you and your girl then i do apologise because i wasnt,and i had acknowledged that some may not like what i was sayingNow you have assumed a personal situation here. I would have made a similar statement to your comment regardless of who was the catalyst.

what i was trying to say (obviously in the wrong way) is as a rule pouring hot wax onto the eyelids is how can i put this nicely...none too sensible! There is a huge difference between something being "none too sensible" and being "irresponsible". It is far from sensible to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft to parachute to the ground below. It is, however, not irresponsible to do so providing you have attempted to take every precaution possible.

and i will not backtrack on that simply because you dont like what i have to say.You did not say it was "none too sensible" until your response to me. You said it was "irresponsible". The statement "irresponsible" assumes a lack of care.

I am curious, do you or have you ever involved yourself in anything that is "none too sensible"?

i wasnt being judgemental although im human so i guess like anyone else to a degree i am lolYou were being highly judgemental, so this is a flat off lie. However, I will never condemn someone for being judgemental. If you are not judgemental there is something wrong with you. What I do condemn you for is being assumptive and stating that it was "irresponsible", and basing your judgement on assumption.

...and i couldnt agree more,with the things i do it would be wrong of me to condemn bdsm in any way as you say and im sure not one of the masses lolVery wise of you.

being rude would be me saying exactly what i do think about it in much stronger words and that would be wrong and impolite.Making a statement, if true, is not incorrect or wrong, regardless of the strength of your words. The message may not be heard, however. This, nonetheless, has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

i was simply saying what i think and will continue to do so this is a forum and unfortunately from time to time people do disagree with each other and will say what they thinkNo one is attempting to halt your expression, least of all me. However, responsibility for what you say is yours. You made a statement that was, as I mentioned, assumptive (unknowing of full factual data) and, therefore, irresponsible.

..vey often much more harshly than i do lol,Harsh works for me so long as the statement has proper thought put into it and is not assumption based, as your statement was.

as you say yourself...dont judge its poor formNo, I did not say that - you assume I said that because you didn't pay attention to my post.

i have my opinion and state it so dont judge me for thatYou may have your opinion and I will judge you based on your actions and opinions and anything else you do - just as I expect to be judged on my own.

and arnt you now being hypocritical?No. I never said anything about not judging. I spoke of assumption.

by implying or calling me dumb...I neither called nor implied you were dumb. Either this is more assumption on your part or you have difficulty comprehending simple English. I will assume, based on my experiences with you, that it is the former.

it is as you say in your own words a rather personal attack and it's judgemental.You assume a personal attack because you did not actually read what I had to say.

As I said before; Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

~faerie~
04-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Wow..no offense but lets get back to the topic. If you have a difference of opinion fine, everyone is entitled.

i forgot to add to my earlier post that when you start off do it on a non sensitive area first. Experiment with different heights and speed of drips and colors. When you have found the right combination then you can move to more sensitive areas. Save the super sensitive areas until you have some more experience. Other than that just be safe and have fun!

icey
04-30-2008, 12:11 AM
the super sensitive areas are the best ;) making casts can be a lot of fun too, unfortunately it isnt easy keeping them intact when removing them.

i have a 'bust' in my bedroom although its slightly out of shape and not vey flattering lol

Guest020109
05-04-2008, 03:21 PM
ohhh I can't wait to try wax play, and i have read all these post so i know when we start to take it slow, but i can't wait. Fun!

Wedjat
05-04-2008, 04:07 PM
H Dean and Icey, I can see both sides. Just remember that Icey was concerned or she wouldn't have said what she said, maybe that will help cool the conflict here, just knowing that she said it out of not wanting to see anyone hurt. Maybe she could have asked first how to do it safely, and I've' never done it at all, so I'll just shut up now : )

H Dean
05-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Wedjat, there is really no conflict. I like Icey - in the brief encounters I have had with her there has never been any conflict. This was a disagreement that has run its course. Our disagreement was not over the dangers she was concerned about but, rather that she suggested irresponsibility with no knowledge of how things took place. I imagine, knowing what I know about Icey, that she sees the difference between doing something that isn't without risk and doing something irresponsibly. Zeus knows we all do some things that aren't entirely "safe".

Anyhow, it's all good. A disagreement ain't the end of the world.

good_girl
05-13-2008, 12:26 PM
looking forward to trying this myself...I am wondering where you all buy your candles, do you get them at a regular candle shop and how do you know what the burn temp is?

Guest110808
09-27-2008, 08:22 PM
smiles...i do enjoy wax play myself. The best way for me is to be restrained while it drips and if Master implements a dildo smiles...a beautiful Master piece of colors all over me can be withstood.

CookieMan
09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
I've only very recently begun playing with wax and I am quite curious as to candle recommendations. My doll really enjoys the sensations, but I'd like to find better candles for it. What I have are ages old(I bought them a long time ago for this purpose but never used them) and the shop I bought them at is closed now...

icey
09-30-2008, 09:34 AM
you can buy a lot online or in sex shops specifically aimed at wax lovers but tbh i would stay clear of them they're generally nothing more than over priced gimmicks.
the best ones to go for are simple ordinary every day candles you can buy in most shops.
dont go for beeswax, narrow tapered or extremely thin candles such as those used on birthday cakes(the wax doesnt have time to pool around the lip and cool a little) and always a rule of thumb dont go for the 'harder' candles because the harder the candle the more stearin it contains the more stearin the higher the temperature.
some people use soy based candles because of its cooler temperature though they're usually a bit more pricey harder to find and dont reach quite a high enough a temperature for me personally but they are good for pouring rather than dripping.
and although its often frowned upon recommending by the 'experts' try out scented and coloured candles too :) as long as you test small less sensitive areas first you should be fine.
the ones we like best are black,grey and white in colour although they melt white and opium scented, they're the ideal temperature and smell wonderful unfortunately they're disappearing off the market over here and we're trying to import them from abroad but they're proving a bit elusive!

but basically i guess what im saying is just shop around and experiment.

CookieMan
09-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks Icey! I appreciate the info. I'd thought about trying soy candles...but she's allergic. While her pain is exquisite, an allergic reaction would sort of ruin the fun for me. :(

icey
09-30-2008, 09:49 AM
i can imagine lol, ive had some nasty reactions myself to certain candles and wax and its not pleasant! waxing is an amazing sensation and it would be a shame for it to be spoilt for anyone simply by one bad experience :(

icey
09-30-2008, 10:10 AM
im not sure if its appropriate to post this here on someone elses thread, sorry Xadianx, and im really not trying to come across as some self proclaimed 'expert' but i just remember what it was like when i was searching around looking for info and genuine 'sensible' help not internet fantasy c**p! ...although i guess it's fair that any of you could think that of me too lol...but i'll post anyway!

firstly the regular disclaimer ;)
im not proclaiming myself to be an expert whatsoever this is based soley on my own experience and 'knowledge' of waxing, and is NOT intended as a firm guideline.

firstly it's important to remember it's usually considered edge play and treat it as such (people often tend to forget that) as it can be dangerous (you are playing with heat remember) if not used with caution. Otherwise what should be a wonderful experience could soon finish with third degree burns and an embarrassing trip to the local accident and emergency room.

But should any burns occur it is useful to be able to recognise the different forms of burns and be able to treat them immediately.
First degree burns are characterised by localised redness, use cold water and keep the burn covered with cool clean cloths, applying aloe-vera and or mineral oil can help soothe any discomfort.

Second-degree burns are recognised by signs of blistering. You should not burst the blisters simply keep them clean, do not apply any coverings or creams/lotion's.

Third degree burn's are the severest, you should always seek medical attention particularly if the burns cover a large area. Cover with a clean cloth (linen is best).

Candle wax can very quickly over heat and the Dominant should regularly check the temperature. A good way to do this is to experiment dripping a small quantity from different heights (about 16 inches) onto the back of the hand before carefully testing a small area of skin on the submissive.

The best temperature we have found is anything up to 130°F after plenty of experimenting I would not advise going above this. Hot wax quickly sets on the skin and retains its heat for quite some time. There are many different types of candle wax, the most readily available being: soy based, (soft) paraffin, (soft) and bee's wax (hard) which is not recommended as this heats very quickly and has a much higher temperature 150°F plus. Candles made from raw paraffin, are usually better for playing with, they are not as hard and do not reach as a high a temperature. Soy based candles have a slightly lower temperature range but can be expensive.

Avoid candles containing large quantity's of stearin this hardens the wax and raises the temperature considerably. The harder the wax the higher the boiling point.

As wax begins to melt it forms a pool around the top of the candle giving the wax time to cool slightly. On a small candle the melted wax builds up quickly and begins to drip much faster. So the smaller the diameter of the candle the less wax it can retain. Therefore thinner candle's such as the type used for birthday cakes are not suitable for play and from personal experience I would not recommend them,they can produce some very nasty burns!

Its fun experimenting with different coloured and scented candles but some of the additives oils, chemicals and natural ingredients used can cause rashes and allergic reactions. Again before experimenting it is best to test the wax on a small not too sensitive part of the body.

Playing with wax has endless possibility's just let your imagination take over. Try all parts of the body,the lower back, neck and under arms are very erogenous zones as well as the more obvious areas.

Be careful of any body jewellery...metal burns! Never go above the neck, melted wax splashes and could very easily damage the eyes. A good way to start, for first timers especially, is dripping; if a sub is nervous or tense try letting a little pool of wax cool slightly and experiment feel the texture of the wax dip a finger in, allow the wax to set on the fingertip. Gradually build up take a little more wax and gently smooth onto the back of the hand and explore the different sensations on different areas of the body.

It can take a couple of times before you really appreciate how the wax itself actually feels.Which when you're not used to it can, if not done carefully be a little or even a lot painful and uncomfortable. There are two forms of discomfort and pain, the good kind and the bad.Give me the good any time!

Most play creates a certain mental state of being as well as the physical aspects and waxing is not an exception. To begin with its generally the bodily sensations that you tend to ''concentrate'' on and most people find actually concentrating on how it affects them psychologically (not as easy as it sounds) makes a huge difference to the experience including the physical ones.

I personally love being waxed when wearing a blindfold, waiting for that first drip not knowing where its going to land or when when Icehawk is in the mood for teasing! The whole of my body becomes more sensitive my mindset alters and I can almost feel the wax on my skin before its even touched me especially if he brings the candle close so I can feel the heat from the flame.

Most people find it often gets to the stage where they can no longer distinguish between hot or cold.Although an unexpected splash of cold water quickly solves that!A weird but pleasant sensation.

Waxing can be very intense and will generally have the sub rolling around in ecstacy unless of course they're restrained, (another fun way to play) which is very frustrating at times! A Dominant will usually have plenty of fun watching the submissive writhing, squirming and jumping around.

If you are feeling artistic a subs body makes a great canvas for wax paintings. Again use your imagination, which brushes to use, different colours you may like. Try different patterns and textures.Test the temperature with a thermometer keeping in mind you will be covering a much larger area and applying a thicker coating of wax.

The relaxation stimulation and warmth of the wax being applied will often cause a bottom to drift into 'sub space'. Be creative and keep a camera handy its nice to have a souvenir of your 'work'.You can also make some great moulds even a full body cast if you wanted to! Pour a large amount of wax (cooler than you would use for dripping), using a ladle or pan usually works best, making sure to fully cover the intended area, as always regularly check the temperature.

If the submissive has a tendency to jump around now could be a good time to bring the restraints out.Let the wax cool and set firmly before slowly and carefully peeling away from the skin.
A very well respected Domme taught me this one :) For those who enjoy playing with cold objects a male sub can also be used to make a dildo, form a solid cast of his genitals once removed and fully cooled fill with water and place in the freezer.
One final tip: in particular body parts be sure to shave any body hair!

CookieMan
09-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Ooooh. body molds....*wanders off to think for a while* Thanks much Icey!!!