PDA

View Full Version : Avid Readers

tydnchaynz{NSXX}
03-27-2008, 11:57 AM
The topic for this thread was started in chat earlier today and i just felt the need to see what kind of response i could get.

Reading is one of my favorite hobbies, and i have discovered several authors that have a very erotic, or even BDSM theme to their books and would love to share those with everyone and perhaps even get suggestions from others about authors i may not know about.

So here it goes...

i highly recommend Laurell K. Hamilton.....she has two series out
a) Anita Blake Vampire Hunter
and b) Meridith Gentry

I'd rate both these series as four stars, however, the Anita Blake series is beginning to be redundant. When you first start reading it, you might think i'm crazy, but hang in there!!! It will be well worth your time by the time you get to the third or fourth book in the series. The Meridith Gentry series is GREAT!!

Book One of Anita Blake series is Guilty Pleasures
Book One of Meridith Gentry series is A Kiss of Shadows

Another wonderful author is Emma Holly......anything by this lady is HOT HOT HOT!!!
Lora Leigh has a strong BDSM theme to all her books and is a definate must read.

While i'm typing this, i'm trying to think of a rating system that we could use.

Something along the lines of:

Lukewarm
Wiggle in your chair as you read
Moist Panties
and finally......Be sure to carry extra panties with you!!!

I hope i can get some people to do this with me as i'd truly like to get feedback and i'm always looking for new authors to read.

tyd

Warbaby1943
03-27-2008, 12:07 PM
LOL I love your ratings and think I will keep an eye out here. Thanks.

tina2008
03-27-2008, 04:24 PM
I just finished reading my first Lora Leigh novel and I must admit, it was a bit, um...stimulating.

Another author to add to your list is "Passion" by Lisa Valdez.....an absolute must read!!

WyldWyl
03-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Exquisite Corpse, by Poppy Z. Brite (if you like male homosexual and very extreme stuff, that is.)

Also, oddly, I'd put in 1984 by George Orwell...not arousing, precisely, but as a discourse on power play, it's first rate.

angelic.zest
03-27-2008, 09:47 PM
im going to pick up Guilty Pleasure sometime this wkalso going to purchase or read the copy my friend has,, the "Beauty Series" by Anne Rice...i can't wait to read it!!

ty tyd, for the recommandation on the book!! *hugs*

Hime
03-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I recently read Night's Master by Tanith Lee. It doesn't contain any explicit BDSM, but it does have lots of D/s and power exchange themes, including M/m, M/f, and F/m pairings. Plus, the central character is an all-powerful, extremely handsome prince who likes to come to the mortal world to seduce humans of both sexes, and it's really hard to go wrong with that. :D

~faerie~
03-27-2008, 10:08 PM
i have both complete sets of the laurell k hamilton books to date. I love them. Definitely bring extra panties. lol

the anne rice "beauty" series is extremely hot as well.

Also the book "lover unbound" by j.r. ward has a few nice scenes in it. it is part of a vampire series.

a few of the christine feehan "game" series have a few small D/s undertones. .

can you tell i read alot of romance novels?! *laughs*
i just can't help it
*whispers*....it's like a fetish

anniedoe
03-27-2008, 10:29 PM
The topic for this thread was started in chat earlier today and i just felt the need to see what kind of response i could get.

Reading is one of my favorite hobbies, and i have discovered several authors that have a very erotic, or even BDSM theme to their books and would love to share those with everyone and perhaps even get suggestions from others about authors i may not know about.

So here it goes...

i highly recommend Laurell K. Hamilton.....she has two series out
a) Anita Blake Vampire Hunter
and b) Meridith Gentry

tyd

I haven't read Meridith Gentry but I just finished what is out of the Antia Blake series and I agree they are excellent and very interesting books.

sisterhoney61 {RW}
03-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, tyd! I LOVE to read and to write as well, so I am always interested in hearing what others enjoy.

I love the Kushiel's Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey. So far there are six books in the series: Kushiel's Dart, Kushiel's Chosen, Kushiel's Avatar, Kushiel's Scion, Kushiel's Justice and Kushiel's Mercy (coming out this summer). The books are kind of complicated, but I'll do my best in describing them.
The books take place on a world similar to Renaissance Europe. The main country is Terre d'Ange (France) and the people there are the descendants of fallen angels. Their main god is Eula, who told his people to "love as thou wilt." One of the fallen angels is Naamah, whose worshippers are forms of sacred prostitutes. All forms of sexuality are accepted and the only real crime is rape.
The book is told in the first person by Phedre, who is in the service of Naamah. She is an anguissette, a sexual masochist. She has a red mote in her left eye (Kushiel's dart) that shows others that she is basically a pain slut. She later gets a bodyguard, Joscelin, a kind of warrior monk, who can't understand how Phedre can equate pain with pleasure and she can't understand why he can't see that.

This is the series that proved to me that I am indeed a pain slut. In one of the books (I believe it is the third one) Phedre becomes lost on her path and isn't sure what she should do. She's in the middle of a spiritual crisis. She goes to one of Kushiel's temple, where she is flogged by one of the priests there. The scene is not erotic and is not portrayed as such, yet it turned me on something fierce, like I was the one tied to the whipping post. BTW, Phedre likes the pain that draws blood, makes her see red, etc.

Carey has done her angel research and it shows. For example, Naamah prostitutes herself when she and her fellow fallen angels were wandering as they tried to find a home for themselves. According to the Kabbahla, Naamah was one of the three angels of prostitution. Phedre goes to Kushiel's temple for punishment for faltering on her path. According to the Midrash Konen Kushiel was an angel of punishment.

If you like long, complex fantasy novels with lots of adventure, political intrigue and BDSM, then I would recommend the Kushiel's Legacy series.

tydnchaynz{NSXX}
03-28-2008, 02:47 AM
i have both complete sets of the laurell k hamilton books to date. I love them. Definitely bring extra panties. lol

the anne rice "beauty" series is extremely hot as well.

Also the book "lover unbound" by j.r. ward has a few nice scenes in it. it is part of a vampire series.

a few of the christine feehan "game" series have a few small D/s undertones. .

can you tell i read alot of romance novels?! *laughs*
i just can't help it
*whispers*....it's like a fetish

i've read the complete J.R. Ward series and the Christine Feehan series....both the 'game' and the 'Carpathian'. *whispers back* i think i have the same fetish!

Thanks for all the suggestions! *makin' notes like mad before i go back to Barnes and Noble* And for my fellow literary buffs, here's a brief paragraph from one of the Anita Blake series that was definately "bring more panties" hot!!! Poor Anita....she's being led into the world of BDSM and has no idea......(till later in the series when she's forced to learn to top one of her lovers or lose him......hehehehe)

"I'd been complaining to Jean-Claude for years that his decorating scheme was too monochromatic, but one look at Narcissus's bedroom and I knew I owed Jean-Claude and apology. The room was done in black, and i mean black. The walls, the hardwood floor, the drawn drapes against one wall, the bed. The only color in the roo was the silver chains and the silver-colored implements hanging from the wall. The color of the steel seemed to accentuate the blackness rather than relieve it. Chains dangled from the ceiling above the huge bed. It was bigger than king-sized. The only term that came to mind was orgy-sized. The bed was four postered, with the largest, heaviest, darkest wood I'd ever seen. More chains dangled from the four posts, set in heavy, permanent rings. If I'd been on a date, I'd have tturned and run for it. But this wasn't a date, and in we all trooped."

Narcissus in Chains

*whispers* now me personally, i can't WAIT for that kinda date!!!!! hehehehe

tydnchaynz{NSXX}
04-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Another *bring extra panties with you* author is Jean Johnson and her "Sons of Destiny" series. Have just finished the fourth book and there should be three more coming. A story of seven brothers banished to an island and a prophecy that will only be filled when each of them finds their mate. Lots of magic, sex, more sex, magic, and a terrific story line too *grins*