I feel that assuring him that he is great and that he
has a strong support in me is no news... I always give
him my unconditioned love, so at distressing times,
(such as these - at his work) I feel like I have no power to make a difference
in how he feels about himself.
I feel so powerless...

icey
04-02-2008, 02:14 AM
it sounds like you're doing all the right things,and even if he's not feeling too great right now im sure its going a long way to helping him, everyone has low times and he's very lucky to have you their to support him.he may not be feeling too good but he might have been feeling much worse if you wasnt their for him right now ...good on you,be proud of yourself im sure your Master is dont feel you're doing anything wrong .

and look after yourself as well :)

Slavey
04-02-2008, 02:18 AM
thank you.. that was so nice... I know that my support is appreciated, it just feels like I'd like to pick him up and make him feel happy in my arms.. all I can do is be me, and not be a pain in the butt.. :) have a nice day!

icey
04-02-2008, 02:27 AM
hey you're a sub its your job to be a pain in the butt from time to time and he'll be worried if you're not ;)
you're doing just fine.

jeanne
04-02-2008, 05:42 AM
Think of it this way, slavey. You could be acting selfish and vanilla and when he comes home after a tough day at work you start bitching about the dripping faucet or the trash that needs to go out or tell him things like "by the way I spent $500 on clothes today - thanks, honey!"...

Instead, you comfort him and take care of him and listen and please him with your service and giving and willingness. That's all you can do.

Some things they just have to work out for themselves. Especially work related things. Be patient with him - he'll figure out a way to handle it, and if not, he'll find another position. I doubt Tom will tolerate his work impacting his personal life for very long. :)

Slavey
04-02-2008, 06:02 AM
You know him well... :)

TomOfSweden
04-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Threads like this help. Today was another total shit day BTW. I love you. :rose:

gemmy
04-02-2008, 10:49 AM
*hugs* slavey - sounds like you do very well to lift his burden of stress and unfortunately as it is work related, there truly isn't much else you can do but all what you are already doing.

As jeanne says, by not bitching and nagging and being generally a drag on him, it goes a long way.

I do understand why you feel the need to do more - none of us likes to see our Dom's unhappy, whether it's as a result of something we've done or anyone has done, it's not acceptable to our pleasing natures.

So, not knowing anything about your homelife (children and the like) or what the two of you enjoy but as a generalized statement all I could say is to continue to support him in every possible way you can, from taking out the garbage, to drawing a hot bath for him to unwind in or having his favorite meal ready to serve when he has unwound and relaxed a little from his day - sometimes it could just be an old movie from his favorite genre, sourced and ready to play when he wants to and sometimes it's absolutely nothing but simply being there for him to hold onto ;)

My best wishes and I hope it passes soon for both of you.