PDA

View Full Version : D is for Dominant

sidhewolf
04-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Hello All~

In Your opinion, What are the differences in One who is Dominant, and one who who is domineering?

Some on the Submissive side Need to Know.

Respectfully~SidheWolf

butterflySlave4u
04-11-2008, 08:15 AM
i would imagine that to be domineering is to be manipulative, and looking to a favorable end to the domineerors (is that even a word?) means...in other words, out for themselves....

....but to be in the presence of a true Dominant... is to know that your best interests are being watched out for and cared about...IMHO... (and speaking from experience)

crazy_grrluk
04-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Also a true Dominant doesnt abuse their sub/slave

Sadistic1
04-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Hello All....

What are the differences in One who is Dominant, and one who who is domineering?

A Dominant is one who has control of His/Her own actions and leads by example.

Anyone can be domineering and as my slave cg just said one who doesnt abuse or as I would put it, people in my experience who are domineering I have found there is a reason normally insecurity a trait I certainly do not have nor tolerate.

To make one follow you without questions , you must earn there trust first.

Once trust is gained the journey begins.

A Dominant person in the true sense would never command an action from another before all things where equal :)..

have a wonderful and safe day little ones..:)

S1

angelic.zest
04-12-2008, 07:53 AM
A Dominant as S1 has put it, is one who earns their respect, not just expect to be respected or that its automatic because they consider themselves important. As cg has said, who doesnt abuse his/her slave/sub, a Dominant shouldn't try to scare someone into submission, by belittling, physical and mental abuse.

A slave/sub should be nurtured and cared for, helped to grow and develop and thats a few of the things i think a Dominant should be able to do

sisterhoney61 {RW}
04-12-2008, 02:05 PM
A domineering person is like my ex-husband who could disappear for days at a time and I wasn't allowed to ask him where he'd been or who he'd been with. But have me leave for two hours and I had to go through an interrogation when I came back home. A domineering person doesn't care for another's welfare or supports her when she needs it or is there for her. A domineering person rules by abuse, whether by physical, sexual, emotional, verbal or mental.

A Dominant is someone whom has earned your trust and respect, who leads by example, who is there to nurture you and to help you grow as a person. He is someone who cares for you and treats you as the treasure that you are. He supports you and is there for you. He honors and cherishes you.

jeanne
04-12-2008, 11:44 PM
A Dominant as S1 has put it, is one who earns their respect, not just expect to be respected or that its automatic because they consider themselves important. As cg has said, who doesnt abuse his/her slave/sub, a Dominant shouldn't try to scare someone into submission, by belittling, physical and mental abuse.

A slave/sub should be neutured and cared for, helped to grow and develop and thats a few of the things i think a Dominant should be able to do

:eek:

angelic.zest
04-13-2008, 12:43 AM
:eek:

lol what happen? oh yeah my spelling is abit off lol way off

sidhewolf
04-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Hello All~

Through Friends I found a couple of pretty good article's on this Topic Hopefully it'll help Someone in Choosing <soft smiles>.

http://www.seekers.org.uk/Dominants%20vs.htm

http://www.artofdominance.com/

Respectfully~SidheWolf

subserviant
04-13-2008, 07:32 AM
i like to be dominated but not by a domineering woman

sidhewolf
04-14-2008, 09:57 AM
i would imagine that to be domineering is to be manipulative, and looking to a favorable end to the domineerors (is that even a word?) means...in other words, out for themselves....

....but to be in the presence of a true Dominant... is to know that your best interests are being watched out for and cared about...IMHO... (and speaking from experience)

<nods> Agreed! Though I don't like using the "True Dominant" phrase. Seems to stir PPL up at times <G>. But I think a True Dominant is what a True Dominant is to each one of Us, and which may be or mean different things to each one. Some things done by one Dominant may seem abuse to one Submissive, and yet that very thing that Dominant does may be a Blessing to another Submissive. We are all different <smiles>, however We share some in commons.

Believe it or not, I have actually experienced a Person who is a combination of Dominant and Domineering. Maybe the road to becoming a Seasoned Dominant is no less difficult for a Dominant Person than it is for a Submissive on the road to Learning and Growing? Many times Submissive's are termed by Others as not a True Submissive, because of something they do, don't do, or say....when in Fact they are Submissive, but just Learning, or just not Submissive to some Dominant they come across. Like a Submissive is not (nor imho Should be) Submissive to Everyone, perhaps not every Dominant is so clearly defined? All things take Time, Knowledge, and Growth.

Respectfully~SidheWolf

Tojo
04-14-2008, 03:53 PM
A domineering person is like my ex-husband who could disappear for days at a time and I wasn't allowed to ask him where he'd been or who he'd been with. But have me leave for two hours and I had to go through an interrogation when I came back home. A domineering person doesn't care for another's welfare or supports her when she needs it or is there for her. A domineering person rules by abuse, whether by physical, sexual, emotional, verbal or mental.

A Dominant is someone whom has earned your trust and respect, who leads by example, who is there to nurture you and to help you grow as a person. He is someone who cares for you and treats you as the treasure that you are. He supports you and is there for you. He honors and cherishes you.

Very nicely put sisterhoney & butterflySlave4U. The difference between a Dom & a bully have rarely been so well defined. :)