PDA

View Full Version : When cheerleaders attack

Arnold
04-11-2008, 10:22 PM
What is happening to the world today. There have been numerous accounts in the news of teens and kids attacking people and videotaping it for youtube and myspace. The Florida cheerleader attack, a teacher was attacked in Maryland and it was videotaped (but the principal said it was her fault for saying she would defend herself ?!?). :eek:

Alex Bragi
04-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I wonder how much more violent is it really? I mean, I can remember getting beaten up at school once by a couple of other girls--pair of bitches that they were--only back then there was no mobile phone camera to record it and no youtube or myspace to display it.

mkemse
04-12-2008, 01:58 AM
What is happening to the world today. There have been numerous accounts in the news of teens and kids attacking people and videotaping it for youtube and myspace. The Florida cheerleader attack, a teacher was attacked in Maryland and it was videotaped (but the principal said it was her fault for saying she would defend herself ?!?). :eek:

Parents have lost control over their kids, Alot of Families have both Parents working Ful Time and in caaes like they they become disconnect from their kids

They said on the news that aside from other charges they are being charged 1st as adults, they also will be chargedwith kidnapping which if they are found guilty is life imprison,
Is this a scare tactic by authrorites to scre th shit out of these girls, or is this threat of jail time and charges for real, once solution is for web sites like UTube and othere to screen videos before posted, and ban anthying other then say music videos ect the more freedom kids have to post on myspace.com or Utube what everthey want the more this will happen start putting vry tight restriction on what type vidoes these site will allow to be posted
I remember back ot my high school years, no guns, no "fighting"so to speak, no attacking teacher or threats to shoot up school
but we were suspenend if our hair was to long... my how times have changed

_ID_
04-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Due to the amounts of videos posted it's not really practical for the company to view each clip prior to posting.

mkemse
04-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Due to the amounts of videos posted it's not really practical for the company to view each clip prior to posting.

I agree, but when there s outrage over a partical clip, YuTube should ook at it and if THEY deem it in poor taste or posssobly illegal THEY should pull the plug on it, unfortuntely our Society (The United States) at least thrives on this type of media, i can't speak for other Countries as I am not firmilar withthier views, I would ho ever like to think they feel the sameway, but do other countries have the same issue with violece that we do and we simply do not hear about it??

Thorne
04-12-2008, 08:45 PM
It seems to me that the people in this country are more worried about their kids having sex than they are about their kids killing someone. Violence seems to be tolerated much more now than ever before, possibly because our constant exposure to it has numbed us somewhat. I would hazard a guess that the parents of those girls who are charged with this are not nearly as upset as they would be if they'd found their little princesses involved in a lesbian affair.

It's my understanding that European countries, for the most part, are much more tolerant of sex and much less tolerant of violence. I think, in this instance, the US would be much better served by following their example.

Tojo
04-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Well violence has been around forever really- it's more that it's so well publicised IMO.

The thing I notice as I race towards the big five oh, is how 'pumped up' young people seem to be these days. When we got drunk, we'd laugh & fall down, whereas people seem to scream & jump up & down more now.

Food additives maybe??

mkemse
04-13-2008, 07:24 AM
It seems to me that the people in this country are more worried about their kids having sex than they are about their kids killing someone. Violence seems to be tolerated much more now than ever before, possibly because our constant exposure to it has numbed us somewhat. I would hazard a guess that the parents of those girls who are charged with this are not nearly as upset as they would be if they'd found their little princesses involved in a lesbian affair.

It's my understanding that European countries, for the most part, are much more tolerant of sex and much less tolerant of violence. I think, in this instance, the US would be much better served by following their example.

I agree, maybe to make things different, maybe the Parents of Anyone under 18 who does this type thing should be held as accounble for their actions as the Kids are, there was also speculation on TV last night that charging all of them as Adults and not Minors may and hopefully will send a clear message to all teens in this country that this type of behaviour and action will simply not be tolerated
And when they go to Court on these Charges and are found guilty if they are found guilty,the Kidnaping charge they face by itself, is life in prison for that charge along
Also intresting was these kids wrere all high and mighty in the Video, but when they appeared before the judge to face the charges, they were all in tears and trembling, what a difference a difference a location makes, at home they are "Bullies" in court they are whimpering kids
It is one thing to post on YouTube ect someon being hit in the face with a pie, or similar it is an entorely different thing to video tape someone have the S**t beaten out of them, be it a joke, a stunt or not, it is still wrong, and what ever these kids get jail time, they probably deserve

subserviant
04-13-2008, 07:29 AM
the world is going to hell in a hand basket

mkemse
04-13-2008, 08:03 AM
the world is going to hell in a hand basket

I agree and it in intersting, I remember back to when I was in High Schoo, and the biggets issue we had to deal with was how long as guys hair could be and what type of jeans we could wear, we could war blu jeans but that deepended on what condition they where in
When I got school supplies, i got pencils, pens, note book ect now you nedd to get kids the same basics but also add in a bullet prooof vest, a very sad commentary on both today's schoools, lack by SOME of parenting skills and our Sociaety in general, alot of parents are more concerned about their carrers then about their kids
abou 15-20 years ago, i wotked for a small privately owned video store in a wealthy communitry, one the school year started, everyday after school kids would come in, rent a movies, but a vieo game ect, then they woulsd hand me a $100 bill, i asked one on a occasion as a :joke" where didd you get that kind of money at your age, their reply "My Parents work all day, so every day they give m lots of after school omney to keep myselg busy til they gey home from work, this says it all btw the average cost of a house in that area was $750,000 to $1 milloin and that was 15-20 years ago

DJ_dave
04-20-2008, 06:50 PM
YouTube and other flash video sites are well equiped to quality check the videos uploaded to thier sites. they simply choose not to. Why.......Because any publicity is good publicity.

A few monhs ago a national news show had a special on a YouTube video of a teenage school girl being assaulted by 3 others girls. Whislt this is sick and the people behind the attack are animals, the news cast also reported a massive spike in bandwidth access to youtube after the show was aired.

Whilst I firlmy believe that some of these kids have real problems I think more action need to be taken by the service providers to stop the videos of this nature being uploaded in the first place.

Mr.FixIt
04-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Blame it on YouTube, TV, movies, or music, if you will, but in my opinion it's much deeper than that, and it all started a long time before all of the technology came around.

It started during WW2. When all of the men were off fighting a war and all of the women took factory jobs to support the effort and support their families. When this happened, the workforce doubled. It's simple supply and demand. When the supply increases the demand decreases, and so do the salaries. Now we're at a point where both partners (parents) must work to survive (or do they?), and the children are left alone, to suffer and fend for themselves. And who is the babysitter?--YouTube, TV, movies, and music!

Don't blame the technology, blame the parents! But if both partners don't work, how else are they to afford the two or three car payments, the ridiculously oversized house payments, and of course, child support and alimony payments from their previous families?

The answer is simple. BOTH parents should NOT work. I don't care if it's the woman or the man (or whomever) that stays at home, but SOMEONE SHOULD BE AT HOME FOR THE KIDS!

But how do I pay for my stupidly large home and my three new cars?--YOU DON'T!

Rent a home that you can afford, buy used cars (with cash), don't finance jewelry (tattoos are cheaper and better anyway), and college is overrated (but if you must, a local junior college is just as good!).

If you disagree with me, then Bank of America, American Express, and MasterCard own your children-----But keep on blaming YouTube when you make your next Lexus payment if it makes you feel better! :)

DJ_dave
04-21-2008, 05:04 AM
I don't blame the services like youtube I just know that they use this ill behaviour to make a profit. I of course blame parents for their chilrends acts and am a strong believer that if the child does something such as assault then the parents must face the authorities as they are also to blmme for not controling the attitude.

My mum always told me that a kid is a sponge and they will soak up all the information around them even bad information so I do think that the parent/s need to take a step back and try to control this at an early stage so kids don't get so out of hand.

The area of the UK I'm from unemployment is rife and the police have not authority to punish kids so the parents must be made to pay for their childrens mistake.

Mr. Fixit is correct about the WW2 stuff though, even after the war was over the men who did manage to survice and successfully win the fight for their county where left to survive on their own and thus they turned to criminal activities using what they have learnt during the war. Most parents in my local area are good and set a really good example but there are a few that make me sick and have their kids (aged 10-14) running around till all hours of the night stealing and hurting people - how is the police supposed to tackle a 10 year old???

Something needs to change quickly!

mkemse
04-21-2008, 07:04 AM
They had a copycat crime commited over the weekend and from what Iunderstand YouTube and others similar said that Video is being removed and that they are going to start monitoring what is posted, by like 1 patrent said "it is OUR job to monitor things like this not the intenr companies"