PDA

View Full Version : C Is For Creeds

crazy_grrluk
04-13-2008, 12:57 AM
What are the BDSM creeds?

First of all, the three divisions of BDSM itself: B&D, D&S, and S&M. Secondly, the three-way creed of BDSM behavior: Safe, Sane, and Consensual. Thirdly, the three divisions of our community: Tops, Bottoms, and Switches.
The Creeds between all represent the lifestyle and protection we all desire and choose to follow.

The Submissive's Creed

I Will Not Try To Manipulate my Dominant.
I Will NOT Push.
I Realise That my Actions And Behaviour Reflect Upon
His Skills As A Teacher And A Dominant.
I Will Not Intentionally Embarrass my Dominant.
I Wear The Honour Of Being His submissive
I Take Pride In Who And What I Am And Will Never
Portray myself In A Negative Way.

I Will Keep An Open Mind And Try New Things In An
Attempt To Expand my Limits.
I Will Continue To Grow as a submissive
and as a human being.
I Will Not Allow myself To Be Harmed Or Abused.
By Giving my "Gift Of submission" Only To Those
That Can Responsibly Accept It.
I Know That submissive Does Not Equal "Doormat".

I Will Continue To Educate myself Because A submissives
Safety Is Always A Concern.
I Will Be Respectful To my Fellow submissives.
I Will Help Those New To The Lifestyle Start Out
On The Correct Path.
I Will Be Responsive To my Dominant.
I will Communicate With Complete Honesty...
My needs, Desires, Limits and Experience.
"I Will Not Hide what my Mind And Body Are Feeling"
I Will Not Expect my Dominant To Know my Thoughts Or
Feelings Which I Do Not Share.

I Will Gracefully Accept In The Responsibility Of
A Scene Or Relationship Gone Bad.
I Will Not Place Total Blame On my Dominant If It Is
Not Warranted Nor Will I Trash His Character"
In Front Of Others Just Because I Am Angry Or Jealous.
I Realize That Things May Not Work Out As Planned
And Shall Strive To Put It Behind me And Move On.
I Will Be Respectful To My Dominant Even In Disagreements.
I Realize my Dominant Has my Best Interests At Heart
And
Shall Guide me With The Best Of All Of His Knowledge.

The Master's Creed

Above all else he cherishes his submissive, in the knowledge
that the gift she gives him is the greatest of all.
He is demanding and takes full advantage of the power given
to him, but knows how to share the pleasure that comes
from that precious gift.
He is in control of himself first and foremost,
so that he may control others.
As a stern and demanding Dominant, he can cause his
sub to cry real tears.
As the consummate lover, he will then kiss the tears away,
without ever stepping out of character.
In times of trouble, a Dominant will leave the roles behind,
to be a supportive friend and partner,
never forgetting that this is still a loving relationship
between two caring individuals.
He is quick to understand the differences between
fantasy and responsibility.

He would never ask a submissive to put him before her career,
or family, just to satisfy his own pleasure.
To win his submissive's mind, body and soul, he knows he
must first win her trust.
He will show his submissive humor, kindness, and warmth.
He must also show her that his guidance and tutoring is
knowledgeable and deserving of her attention, that this is a
man she can learn from, and trust his direction.
He is romantic enough to be protective and chivalrous.
When called upon, he will fight for his ladies' honor.
He proves to her that he is someone she can lean on, and depend on.
He is old-fashioned enough to be a bit of a chauvinist,
yet modern enough to respect his lil one.
Quick to point out the differences between them,
he also knows there is no inferiority in those differences.

When it comes time to teach his submissive her lessons of obedience,
he is a strong and unyielding professor.
He will accept no flaw, nothing less than perfection from his student.
Never does he use discipline without good reason.
When he does, it is al always with acknowledgeable and careful hand.

He is a careful guide, with safety always his main concern.
He knows how to use pain to extend the bounds of pleasure.
He is a mentor who can bring her to the edges of her envelope,
and gently show her the inner courage to reach new heights.
He is always open to communication and discussion, always ready
to hear her wants and needs.

He is patient, taking the time to learn her limits, and
knowing that as her trust of him grows, so will they.
He never has to demand ritual behavior by her.
She responds to him out the want of pleasing him.
Compliance comes from the wanting to please,
not the fear of punishment.
He understands the fragile nature of mind and body,
and never violates the trust given to him.

He is secure enough to laugh at himself and
the absurdities of life.
Courageous enough to accept assistance.
Open minded enough to learn new things.
Strong enough to grow.
His tools are mind, body, spirit and soul with a little
help from rope, paddle an blindfold.
He understands that each partner gains most from pleasuring the other.
And both of them know that love is the only binding that truly holds.

_ID_
04-13-2008, 09:15 AM
this topic was discussed once before, and my view hasn't changed.

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13631

Creed/Mission Statement either way you look at it, I find it to be stating a goal for those around you to know about. Personally I don't think it does any good to put something like that out there.

I am who I am, and I live how I live. Those that don't approve can go fuck themselves. That's my creed.

If needing a mission statement or creed statement from me is something a person is looking for, they probably don't want to know me anyhow. So if they don't want to get to know me, they can go fuck themselves. Creed statement would then be kind of pointless.

I personally like to talk with someone. To carry on conversation, to enjoy enlightening debates (like we are). I enjoy learning about people, and what makes them tick. Knowing their creed statement doesn't help me as it's a goal, not who they are. I want to know fears, likes, preferences, kinks, hobbies, beliefs and values.

I have found that when a person tells me their creed "I live by honor and dignity" very many times they don't, they just want you to think they do. How they conduct themselves will present itself as I get to know them.

A creed statement or mission statement is useless to me.

A creed tells me nothing of a person, except what they aspire to be. I aspire to be rich, I'm not, nor will I ever be. So a creed that would tell you I aspire to be rich is useless in telling you about me.

If your creed is to live by honesty, and you're a pathological lier, then your creed means nothing. See where I am going with this?

You want to know about a person, observe them from afar, file the information you gather by observing, then approach, start a conversation and see if the words that come out of their mouth align with what you observed.

Too many times people will profess they are one thing, when their actions will prove otherwise. Pay attention, and their creed will mean nothing to you.

A creed being a personal internal litmus test is a noble idea, and if it works for you, WAY COOL! For me, my personal internal assessments lay in my values, if creed and values are the same, then I might have a creed.

To some, I suppose creed, values and beliefs might be the same. They are vastly different in meaning purpose and function for me.

Hime
04-13-2008, 02:38 PM
I guess I'm being the PC brigade here, but it bugs me that the pronouns in the creeds assume a male dominant and a female submissive.

I think I'm with IDC.

~faerie~
04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Gender aside, it is a reminder to us what this is all about, the spirit of the lifestyle.
Just like any other creed, it is not a set of rules, but what we hope to aspire in our journeys.

For those that are new to the lifestyle this is a beautiful idea of what it could be.
For those who have more experience, it is a reminder of who we are.
It is not something that necessarily that you have to speak, but that you should show.

Just my humble opinion of course.

crazy_grrluk
04-14-2008, 12:01 AM
I guess I'm being the PC brigade here, but it bugs me that the pronouns in the creeds assume a male dominant and a female submissive.

But you look at most readings and it holds the male as dominant and the submissive as female

_ID_
04-14-2008, 02:54 AM
Gender aside, it is a reminder to us what this is all about, the spirit of the lifestyle.
Just like any other creed, it is not a set of rules, but what we hope to aspire in our journeys.

For those that are new to the lifestyle this is a beautiful idea of what it could be.
For those who have more experience, it is a reminder of who we are.
It is not something that necessarily that you have to speak, but that you should show.

Just my humble opinion of course.

That's all nice and dandy, but it isn't realistic or practical.

Like I stated before. I aspire to be rich, but I won't ever be. The principals of getting rich would require me to hold onto the money I spend making my life fulfilling, and then I would just be spiteful and resentful of those that didn't do the same as I.

With the sub/dom creed above it is the same. For those that don't adhere to the creed from my point of view, I would then view them as less than they could or should be, and if you were to say to me well you shouldn't judge others... that's a line of bull too, as we all judge others based on our own existence and values as a way to define ourselves and give value to our own lives.

So as a result, I don't think the creed is anything but nice poetry.

gagged_Louise
04-14-2008, 04:12 AM
There are many lines in this I could join in on, still I agree with Hime that it gets one-sided to assume that the sub would have to be of female gender and the Dom a male, and I also feel a "creed" or ideal like this makes it look as if there's some fixed and catch-all sub and Dom attitude, "sub thinking". There really is not.

crazy_grrluk
04-14-2008, 05:58 AM
well everywhere one looks the submissive is always refered to as a female and the dominant male... shrugs.

the basic outline of the creeds is just that... a guide line. Most lifestylers have their own wishes... their own set of rules.

cg

~faerie~
04-14-2008, 07:58 AM
That's all nice and dandy, but it isn't realistic or practical.

Like I stated before. I aspire to be rich, but I won't ever be. The principals of getting rich would require me to hold onto the money I spend making my life fulfilling, and then I would just be spiteful and resentful of those that didn't do the same as I.

With the sub/dom creed above it is the same. For those that don't adhere to the creed from my point of view, I would then view them as less than they could or should be, and if you were to say to me well you shouldn't judge others... that's a line of bull too, as we all judge others based on our own existence and values as a way to define ourselves and give value to our own lives.

So as a result, I don't think the creed is anything but nice poetry.

to each his/her own i suppose.

gloombunny
04-14-2008, 08:59 PM
well everywhere one looks the submissive is always refered to as a female and the dominant male... shrugs.

You aren't looking in very many places, then.

Even if that were the case, that doesn't imply it's a desirable state of affairs.

crazy_grrluk
04-15-2008, 01:28 AM

Well maybe everything is different in the "USA" then to the rest of the world eh

Sadistic1
04-15-2008, 07:07 AM
There are no rights or wrong in all thats been said IDC I agree totally, I'm a Sadistic Male and I have my own values and rules that I live by and my slave adheres to them as she made the choice to follow ( hence her submission to me). The creed to me is like an oxford dictionary its merely a starting point that at some time we all have read. We then followed our own path and made choices which lead us to where we wish to be today, Male or Female it makes no differance.

Cheers!!

Master S1

Hime
04-15-2008, 08:34 PM

Even if that were the case, that doesn't imply it's a desirable state of affairs.

Exactly. The entire world assumes that men are dominant over women unless otherwise noted -- that doesn't mean it's okay.

Alex Bragi
04-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Exactly. The entire world assumes that men are dominant over women unless otherwise noted -- that doesn't mean it's okay.

Yes, it's very slowly changing, but it's still a fact isn't it? And, I agree it's not ok. I suppose it dates back to when physical strength actually did make men the dominant humans. When men were the hunters and women did the gathering.

Tojo
04-17-2008, 04:51 AM
Well I thought it was lovely- thanks for that, crazy_grrluk. You have good taste in sisters too, I might add.

I particularly liked the bit 'He is secure enough to laugh at himself and
the absurdities of life.'

As far as the Male Dom female sub thing goes, just because it's written like that doesn't mean it's the only way.

Personally, I could not be bothered writing 'Dom/me he/she his/her' etc etc, every time I make a post or whatever. There's just as many Dommes as Doms around really- & people seem to just put what's right for them.

GearJammer
04-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Creeds are, if nothing else, either adhered to or not adhered to.

But that is not the whole story.

Adherence to a creed is either a purpose in one's life, or a by product of one's life. It cannot be both. Either one tries to live the creed, or one lives, and happens to align with the creed. Words here become important, because "adherence" implies an attempt to stick to the creed, whereas "align" implies walking the same way as the creed says, but not "within" in it (which would be "adherence").

It is a reasonable set of ideals, and I'd say I probably align with much of it, if not most of it. I do NOT, however, and WILL NOT "adhere" to it. It may be a reflection of my living, but it will not be my pedagogue.

I will stand on MY feet, NOT the creed's platform.

(I think, perhaps, that this is a restatement of IDC's position, in my words. If so, then IDC, I agree with you.)

icey
04-17-2008, 08:40 AM
isnt a 'creed' a personal thing? rather than something thats being stated over and over again on the internet, its all very nice, well meant perhaps and sentimental and maybe something SOME people may even want to aspire to but most likely it makes us mere mortals feel we are not doing the D/s 'stuff' how its 'supposed' to be done!

D/s is about personal relationships not rigid protocol rules and regulations...reading that kind of stuff just reminds me of employment contracts.

~faerie~
04-17-2008, 12:16 PM
isnt a 'creed' a personal thing? rather than something thats being stated over and over again on the internet, its all very nice, well meant perhaps and sentimental and maybe something SOME people may even want to aspire to but most likely it makes us mere mortals feel we are not doing the D/s 'stuff' how its 'supposed' to be done!

D/s is about personal relationships not rigid protocol rules and regulations...reading that kind of stuff just reminds me of employment contracts.

i don't believe there is a right or wrong, we each take a way from it what fits us best. No one is that perfect to accomplish it all, or want to. It just gives us some different ideas on all the aspects of the D/s relationship. *smiles*