PDA

View Full Version : More choices for story themes

Garmonbozia
04-27-2004, 04:21 AM
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to the forums, though I admit to lurking for a while. Now on to business.

I am currently writing my first story for BDSM Library and noticed, when I went to submit, the fairly narrow choice of story themes. My story is set in a prison and I would love for a prison category to be placed alongside the others (highschool, job, gothic, etc).

It was pointed out to me that there are a lot of prison stories around. I have not seen very many and part of that may be due to the fact that they cannot be searched for. So what do other writers and readers think of this. Maybe there are some other well-used themes that could also be added, in a bid to make it easier to find your particular kink.

Maybe we could put together a small list and submit it to the Management.

Jason

Curtis
04-27-2004, 05:03 AM
Actually, a 'prison' story code is a pretty good idea. There've been other suggestions in the past, such as 'tickling'. At one time I suggested there should be one that's the reverse of 'reluctant', but I didn't know what to call it. (A story where the 'victim' starts out willing, then finds they're in for more than they bargained for -- this kind of story has been posted more often recently.)

boccaccio2000g
04-29-2004, 08:01 AM
Actually, a 'prison' story code is a pretty good idea. There've been other suggestions in the past, such as 'tickling'. At one time I suggested there should be one that's the reverse of 'reluctant', but I didn't know what to call it. (A story where the 'victim' starts out willing, then finds they're in for more than they bargained for -- this kind of story has been posted more often recently.)

I have noticed that when I check off the story codes when submitting a story that under the heading "Sexual Activity" 'spanking' is really the only word which at all describes scenes or stories with flogging/whipping/caning etc -- although by checking 'heavy' or 'extreme' or 'torture' one can probably imply the type of 'spanking' to which one is referring.

It's not a big deal, but if Jinn were ever to revise the story codes, I would suggest adding a choice entitled flogging/whipping and possibly another one entitled 'caning'. (Although they could be lumped together). The word "spanking," it seems to me, doesn't really do justice to these activities.

Boccaccio

Neopadinski
05-01-2004, 11:59 PM
I think there should be a further definition of "Real". You have a choice of Real (allegedly, this actually happend); Job (work-related); College (college theme); and High School (High school theme). I think that's all the "real" story codes. I think there should be a "realistic" story code, where it indicates that the story DIDN'T allegedly happen, but still takes place between adults and isn't fantasy/gothic/scifi...

Harold
05-16-2004, 07:25 PM
I think there should be a further definition of "Real"... I think there should be a "realistic" story code, where it indicates that the story DIDN'T allegedly happen

I agree. This is one of the more abused (but also more inconsequential) codes. I would like to renew my comment that the "real" story code be restricted to only those who can provide actual photos.

While I'm on the subject, I would like to suggest a "homicide" code, as opposed to "snuff". Snuff, as I understand it, is a murder commited for the sole purpose of sexual stimulation. Homicide, on the other hand, is plot driven and usually has motives that are not necessarily sex driven (greed, revenge, rage, etc.). I have murders that occur in several of my stories, some of which I've coded "snuff" and some of which I haven't. I haven't written any true snuff, and would like to have a code that's a little more accurate for such circumstances.