PDA

View Full Version : Canes Varieties

slaveindian2008
04-30-2008, 05:17 AM
hello friends,
I am new here and I want to know about the canes varieties. That is I wanna know which type of cane hurts less and so on to harsh.
Please tell me if any one can.

_ID_
04-30-2008, 06:28 AM
depends on what your reactions to different materials are. Generally thinner things are more stingy, and thicker are more thuddy. Each can hurt badly in the right hands.

The question then to you is, do you like sting or thud?

TomOfSweden
04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Fuck I hate Internet sometimes. My long long answer got erased and I can't be arsed to re-write it. My most important point was that thicker canes are easier to control than thinner canes. So I think it's better to take a thick one and go easy, rather than to go full on with a thin one.

icey
04-30-2008, 11:33 AM
depends on what your reactions to different materials are. Generally thinner things are more stingy, and thicker are more thuddy.
i think they all sting to some degree or another! i really hate canes and avoid them as much as possible lol

i only know of three main types (other than the ann summers/local sex store type stuff ,so im not sure if this is of much help sorry)

kaboos, dragons and show, though there's probably a hell of a lot more out there.

kaboo canes are softer and more flexible and not as harsh and you can get those both crooked and straight though crooked are not quite as easy to aim with, they are slightly more 'thuddy' than most other canes if you're not really into sting.

dragon canes are pretty severe, they're well knotted and a good weight,they're also very straight so you can get a good aim.
they come in both senior and junior, juniors are about 6 to 8 mm senior being slightly thicker around 10 to 12 mm diamiter and are generally slightly longer.

there are also show cane but those things are very severe! they're made out of stiff fibre glass and covered in leather with a chrome tip and come in about 4 different lengths they are very nasty!!!
and after being on the wrong end of one of those ..which are not cheap btw, i can honestly say i feel very sorry for you....expect a few tears!!!

but whichever you go for the thinner cheaper ones arnt much good (in my opinion) whether you're just starting out or not, they're very light and bend easily so aiming can be a bit poor and the wax finish is well pretty crap tbh lol so they can be a little rough to the touch and in the long term it works out cheaper to pay extra for a good quality piece of equipment.

have a good look around if possible and 'try before you buy' it usually causes a few raised eyebrows in the stores but hey what the hell ;)

ive always found as a rule of thumb if it feels too light and isnt evenly balanced (whether that be a cane,flogger whip etc) when you lay it flat in your hand then it's usually petty naff doesnt have the desired effect and doesnt last two minutes!

_ID_
04-30-2008, 03:54 PM
I've used wooden dowels for canes, lexan, rattan, bamboo, leather, plastic, carbon fiber. Never really had a name for them, just used em, cause I like how they feel in my hand, and like the bruises they leave afterwards.

Captain
04-30-2008, 08:32 PM
About a 1/2" diameter PVC pipe works nice also. Cheap too!

slaveindian2008
05-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Thanks u all ..
I am sorry I failed to explain y question .. actually I wanted to know which type of cane hurts less i.e. for start caning which material and what thickness can is easy for the sub?

icey
05-07-2008, 09:36 AM
kaboo canes they're about 8 to 10 mm and a metre in length might be good for the sort of thing you're looking for, they are the more 'thuddy' type and rnt too harsh compared to others.
im not a cane lover but unfortunately Icehawk is! lol and i have found they seem to be slightly 'easier' going

_ID_
05-09-2008, 02:21 PM
any cane hurts less. It is all in how you use the cane, not in the material used. Now granted, a carbon fiber cane will hurt more than a rattan cane when used with more force. But you can make them both hurt very little.

Pain and the tolerance for pain grows as you experience it. There is a thread around here that talks about it. Basically think about how a runner must train to go the distance. They can't start out running the marathon, first you must run 100 yards, then increase it. Build up your ability to endure the physical requirements. So it goes with pain during BDSM. The more you do it, the more you will be able to take. When you have gotten yourself able to take some good pain, stop for a while, like a month or so, then try to go back to where you were before. It ain't happening.

slaveindian2008
06-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Thanks u all.. I now learnt that a cheap and easily available cane which hurts less is a BAMBOO cane with abt. 8-10 mm dia. with abt 1 mtre length. am I right plz ?

Logic1
06-03-2008, 03:19 AM
hurts less than what?
It is how you use it more than the material itself that makes the "pain". I am sure you can pretty much make any material hurt like hell and the other way around.
Bamboo sure will work and if you use it carefully it will not be horribly painful but if you slash with it then I am sure you will cause welts and even wounds.

take care

Chuckdom19
07-04-2008, 08:57 PM
I found a fine resource at Coventry Canes, a man who makes and sells a wide variety in England. It explains the various thickness, length, and type choices, and how (and WHO) is appropriate for each type. It also discusses care and feeding of good canes.

http://stores.ebay.com/Coventry-Canes_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Daes
07-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Canes are actually my favorite >.> second comes a good heavy leather flogger.

You want a good cane that wont break, as far as Im concerned, all canes hurt like a bitch >.> It just depends on how long & how hard you use it. Sir uses a thin rattan cane. Hurts like holy Hell.

My old play partner likes bamboo.

Personally I like canes that are flexible and made of some type of wood.

Sir wants to get one of those made of pix?ie glass. *shudder* Now that would Hurt. You could get some nice bruises from that I think, or even from a thicker wooden cane.

The problem with the thicker canes is that they are heavier so its not as aerodynamic as something thats lighter.

monak4u
07-25-2008, 09:37 AM
i have never had a cane used on me but have seen a mini blind wand used on another. It stung.