PDA

View Full Version : Confused

moet369
05-06-2008, 04:27 AM
I am slightly new here and I am asking for some help. i would like to learn more about the BDSM lifestyle and eventually start my life in it. Unfortunately, I am in the Army and do not have time to dedicate the time I would like. If anyone could give me any advise as to how I could get things started. Because quite frankly, I'm clueless.

TomOfSweden
05-06-2008, 04:58 AM
I suggest just browsing around here. Read the problems some might be having, and see if you recognise yourself. Read stickies and guides found here. Don't be afraid to ask. There's people here in all stages of coming out.

Aussiegirl1
05-06-2008, 05:25 AM
I suggest just browsing around here. Read the problems some might be having, and see if you recognise yourself. Read stickies and guides found here. Don't be afraid to ask. There's people here in all stages of coming out.

Yes that is the same advice I would give to you as well. There is a wealth of information on the site, and many different points of view. Ask questions, as there will be plenty of people willing to answer. :)

Good luck!

AG

Tojo
05-06-2008, 06:06 AM
I'll third that- just sit down & read through some posts, ask a few questions & take it from there. There's a whole lot of info on here & as Tom & AG said, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Don't forget to thank your lucky stars you aren't doing this before the Internet came along. :32:

gemmy
05-07-2008, 07:07 AM
There is much knowledge and reference material here as well as on many other sites to learn from. Trying to find someone you feel comfortable approaching in PM to talk with may help also and help more so with your lack of time to get some specific questions answered.

Good luck - it's a wicked journey, not without it's pitfalls but certainly worth finding out about :D

sisterhoney61 {RW}
05-07-2008, 02:03 PM
I agree with what all the others have said. Read as much as you can. I always knew that I was kinky, but I didn't get to explore the lifestyle until I was almost 40. I was in a vanilla marriage for 10 years and knew that I would never get what I wanted or needed from my husband. So after my divorce I really started exploring. I bought books on BDSM and then I discovered the Internet. And as Tojo said, be glad that you can find what you want on the Internet. If it had not been for the Internet I would have never met my Master.

There are tons of websites out there to exlpore. Just read them all with a grain of salt (hell, use a whole shaker full), because while there is a lot of good info online there is also a lot of crap as well. Post here and ask questions, PM people here and ask questions, come join U/us in the chat room and ask questions. And don't worry that you think that the questions are stupid or silly or sound ignorant. W/we all started in the beginning and had the same questions and searched for the same answers. And if you don't ask you don't learn. So please take advantage of U/us (W/we like that, you know!). W/we're here to help each other as W/we all learn and grow and continue on O/our journies.