PDA

View Full Version : well hipp hipp hooray for WV not..

chelsea99
05-14-2008, 07:12 AM
must the state show the entire nation how damn bigoted they are? gesh.. i mean they would vote for a white female (and believe me that is something i'm not sure they would have done normally) over a black male..and then had the gall in a poll to say race wasn't an issue..but never fear..in the fall..it will be McCain who wins big time here..

i am so ashamed of this state anymore...in all the history of politics..i believe they went republican only to elect Bush jr..and that was because he was against gun control..and the damn rednecks here must be able to tote their guns..

i was born and raised here..and i hate that WV is just showing the nation that what they have always thought about our state just might be true..

i don't care for either Hillary or Obama..she is too masculine and vindictive..he is too effeminate and inexperienced...and McCain to me is too Bush like anymore..

i have on my yahoo status VIN DIESEL FOR PRESIDENT...i just might write that in..

John Edwards was on our ballot for some odd reason, and that's who i voted for..

Wind_Walker25
05-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Well race may be a issue, I think any state he loses the race card will come into play,
I always say Vote for the man or woman not the party, this time though all are about the same, I see no lesser of 3 evils here. obama can talk a good game but can he do the Job? Hillary will takes us to the left maybe a little to much to the left.
McCain he is all man a true American hero, but he maybe a little to much like bush jr..
I think it may not matter this time who we vote for, but in 4 more years who knows..
always hoping!!!! Oh and as for W.Va ,when America went to war with it self, only two states stood up and said NO W.Va was one of them, Got to give them points for that!!

chelsea99
05-14-2008, 08:00 AM
o yea? i didn't know that..thanks...also WV was one of the first to accept John F Kennedy...the only thing i wish we hadn't done was name ourselves West Virginia..it gave off certain connotations...the onlly people i allow to make fun of my state are those who were born and raised here themselves..

i mean...we did get indoor plumbing last spring..sure saved us having to trip over those damn road kill animals in the middle of the night..hehe

mkemse
05-14-2008, 08:01 AM
The November Election may very well turn into voitng for the lesser of 2 Evils, and if the Libretarian does run he is more likely to takes votes from McCain then either Obama or Clinto, if for no other reason he is a Former Republican Sentor, high powered Republicans have begged him not to run for this reason, he could have a "Ralf Nader Effect" for McCain

denuseri
05-15-2008, 04:04 PM
honestly people, McCain is nothing like the current president,, He at least actually served his country was even a POW , which goes to show he was willing to actually put his life before ours, unlike that national gaurdsman from texas that hid behind his daddy's trousers,, as for lesser of three evils, who are we actually kidding here,, they all three arnt going to change much anything once in charge, its the nature of the beast, power corupts, and democracy (which by the way failed Athens horribly in history) is after all just voluntary tyranny, my votes for vin diesal too then,lol

mkemse
05-15-2008, 04:58 PM
honestly people, McCain is nothing like the current president,, He at least actually served his country was even a POW , which goes to show he was willing to actually put his life before ours, unlike that national gaurdsman from texas that hid behind his daddy's trousers,, as for lesser of three evils, who are we actually kidding here,, they all three arnt going to change much anything once in charge, its the nature of the beast, power corupts, and democracy (which by the way failed Athens horribly in history) is after all just voluntary tyranny, my votes for vin diesal too then,lol

But at least our system works ever 4 years, some may not like who is running, but the system still works, and yes, It will take far more then 4 years to clean up the mess of the last 7 years

denuseri
05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
sooo true, sad as it is, its a far different system than a parlimentary system where a group must maintain a majority to keep hegemony, the best thing about it in the u.s. is no one can be the king of the hill for very long, as for messes, we may have to go back the last 16 yrs , for some reason it seems like the whole thing started going south when Mr coruption took over from Mr crazypants's father,, probably the last fully cualified ruler we had administrativly speaking any way

mkemse
05-16-2008, 11:51 AM
and it will take more then 4 years to clear up the mess but it can be done and we as a nation always put our isses and problems center stage for the world to see be it a good idea or not,
what i would ike to see is the USA start taking care of it's own 1st, and let other nations fend for themselves, we are NOT the world police, it is not our job to dictate what other people or nations do, how they live or what they believe in, and until we realize this alot of this stuff will continue

denuseri
05-16-2008, 04:44 PM
thats for sure,, i do wish we could go back to our isolationist roots, yet as proven during most econimic down turns, the U.S. has majior influence over world economics,(IE we have a depression so too the world) which makes many believe we should be involved directly with foriegn affairs, however i believe we use the wrong approach to world relations, the shadow of the opressor is too easily associated with us in many ways, despite what good we may bring to many others the fact remains one misdeed makes the picture, in other words we have a tendency to make our own bad name.

GearJammer
05-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Well race may be a issue, I think any state he loses the race card will come into play,
I always say Vote for the man or woman not the party, this time though all are about the same, I see no lesser of 3 evils here. obama can talk a good game but can he do the Job? Hillary will takes us to the left maybe a little to much to the left.
McCain he is all man a true American hero, but he maybe a little to much like bush jr..
I think it may not matter this time who we vote for, but in 4 more years who knows..
always hoping!!!! Oh and as for W.Va ,when America went to war with it self, only two states stood up and said NO W.Va was one of them, Got to give them points for that!!

Um, actually, no. The fight between the tidewater & piedmont large agricultural parts of the state and the mountains in the west of the state (the state being Virginia) had been going on for over a hundred years. WV, in fact, is the only state that was formed in spite of the Constitutional prohibition of forming a state from wholly within an existing state without the other state's permission. They did that by Congress temporarily recognizing a group of businessmen from Parkersburg as the (supposed) temporary government of Virginia, long enough for them to give permission for the formation of West Virginia. The only problem is, if those businessmen were the recognized government of Virginia, if only for a second, for that time, Virginia was not officially seceded anymore, and war against it was totally illegal. Congress conveniently overlooked that part.

Convenience as a substitute for statesmanship disgusts me, wherever it's found.