PDA

View Full Version : Collars?

Tojo
05-16-2008, 09:27 PM
I just had a bit of a look around to see who's wearing what these days, & couldn't find much.

I'm thinking of getting an 'Eternity' collar & seem to remember another site selling similar stainless steel ones.

www.eternitycollars.com/shop/

What's hot & what's not these days?

sisterhoney61 {RW}
05-16-2008, 09:36 PM
My own collar looks a little similar to the silver Eternity collar on the left hand side, only mine has a padlock in the back. W/we got it online at JT's Stockroom (I also have the typical studded black leather collar). I wanted a collar that I could wear 24/7 and pass off as a choker, since I'm very much in the vanilla world. Since I'm the only sub I know of around where I live and since Master and I aren't part of the public scene, I couldn't say what other kinds of collars subs are wearing these days.

ObjectivistActivist
05-16-2008, 10:28 PM
I've gotten all of my belle's collars so far at:

www.radiancebound.com/

Between the high quality custom work (really, you can ask for and design just about anything, and she'll build it and ship it to you), and the variety and quality of the "off the rack" collars and accessories, that's probably the only place I'll be shopping for collars any time soon.

sisterhoney61 {RW}
05-17-2008, 12:34 AM
OMG, those are gorgeous! Thanks so much for posting that link!

icey
05-17-2008, 01:27 AM
im not sure about whats hot and whats not, i love mine because its what Icehawk chose and i cant imagine wearing any other except play ones.

i got mine from

http://www.dreamstrike.com/bazaar/index.html

mine's the one shown in the first pic,but a different padlock

denuseri
05-17-2008, 05:52 AM
in lue of wearing a bulky "play" collar or a choker about town i have a leather tie about six inches long with a loop for a tiny bell that sometimes is worn dangeling from my clit ring(which is allways with me and private), winks, it sure is a constant reminder then of my bondage, ussually the bell doesnt jingle unless i am doing some serious wiggleing,,bracelett or anklette are allways good choices too

gemmy
05-17-2008, 06:33 AM

www.radiancebound.com/

Between the high quality custom work (really, you can ask for and design just about anything, and she'll build it and ship it to you), and the variety and quality of the "off the rack" collars and accessories, that's probably the only place I'll be shopping for collars any time soon.

*pouts* I got a "Squirrelcart Error"

What is on the front page though, is gorgeous!!

crazy_grrluk
05-17-2008, 08:18 AM
^ i got in ok... altho the pages were very slow in loading

AdrianaAurora
05-17-2008, 11:51 AM
The collar doesn’t have to be a choker, though some a really nice they aren’t very practical. It’s the commitment behind the jewellery that carries weight and meaning is what’s important, not the style. My collar is a Celtic necklace. Actually I have two, one simple design for everyday and one more expensive for night. Though most Celtic jewellery is silver mine are made of white gold and platinum. My husband had it custom made in Italy, but you can easily order it from the internet or have it done at your local jeweller, in design and material that you like. Try http://www.ventana-catalog.com/celticnecklaces.htm; http://www.celticmerchant.com/celtic-necklaces.html; or simply type Celtic Necklace at Amazon, results are amazing (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_jw?url=search-alias%3Djewelry&field-keywords=Celtic+Necklace&x=2&y=22).

Isabelle90
05-17-2008, 02:24 PM
For me, what's "in" is whatever I like at the time. LOL No fashion icon here!!! With that disclaimer, let me say that I've always been attracted to yellow gold. I realize that platinum or silver tones seem to be the trend, and I like the look.........on other people.

So, this site is my personal favorite for collars and BDSM jewelry in general.

http://www.bondagecollars.com/mainpage.htm

bellelapine
05-17-2008, 02:50 PM
The collars from radiance bound are wonderful. The necklace/choker Sir bought for me is very "vanilla" looking, especially with the lock turned so the keyhole is in the back.
I'm envious of those who can wear metal collars. My skin is highly sensitive (read: gold allergies too) so metals tend to cause irritation to the point of missing flesh. *pout*

Tojo
05-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys, there's some nice collars in those links, particularly the Chaotic Creations & Torvea Toys.

lisa has had a plain silver chain for ages, this is the next step- something she can wear all the time without uninitiated people getting too excited.

So far the Eternity looks like the go- no dangling padlock & if you lose the key it's just a matter of finding an Allen key.

sisterhoney61 {RW}
05-17-2008, 08:14 PM
I originally helped Master to pick out my collar, because there were certain restrictions. I have a real problem with necklaces, especially with delicate chains. They just break on me. I remember once as a teenager when I was lying across the bed doing my homework. The chain of the necklace I was wearing suddenly broke and the whole necklace fell down on my textbook. And this wasn't the first time or the last that this has happened. Also, I can't wear yellow gold. I'm allergic to it. So I either have to wear silver, stainless steel or platinum in jewelry. I really like the collar that Master and I picked out for me because it's understated and it doesn't scream out that I'm a submissive (gotta pass for vanilla at times). But I really would like to have a more "dressy" collar sometime too.

Borgs_slave
05-18-2008, 05:34 PM
I have a collar I wear everyday that can be removed because of my job. When I got to MRI with patients I have to remove anything metal. We have a collar for play and one that is for special outings.

Tojo
05-19-2008, 02:58 AM
Oh thanks delia, that's helpful- yes the size is a worry! Her neck is 14 1/2" so I guess the 15 1/4" X 5/16" one would be OK.

A spare screw would be handy too I think...

stripedangel
05-19-2008, 07:46 AM
Sounds like you've got it all worked out, then! When i buy leather ones, i get 13"-15". This makes it so that the buckle fits at the middle hole , and there's not too much extra left over.

i like the leather, but it is slightly warm on my neck. In icey's avatar, the metal looks like it sits on the collarbone and doesn't lay against the skin...this looks more comfy to me. i think you've made a really good choice, Tojo.

Hiro Protagonist
05-30-2008, 04:16 AM
Then again if you are the perverted ....errr.... enlightened type that has a thing for rope, you could make a rope collar....

check out this clip from the knotty boys....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQXO3I_OQg

I am working on making it smooth and symmetrical, then I think I may make a few so she can have one that coordinates with whatever we dress her in for the next play party.

tessa
05-30-2008, 10:03 AM

www.radiancebound.com/

Quite unique and lovely examples. Thanks for sharing this!

:wave:

fairyjester
05-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Then again if you are the perverted ....errr.... enlightened type that has a thing for rope, you could make a rope collar....

check out this clip from the knotty boys....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQXO3I_OQg

I am working on making it smooth and symmetrical, then I think I may make a few so she can have one that coordinates with whatever we dress her in for the next play party.

oh that was nifty, thanks for posting it