PDA

View Full Version : Branding

bellelapine
05-17-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't think this is a question as much as it is a sharing/being giddy and happy thread. I don't know how many of you may be into branding or tattooing but next Sunday my Sir and I will be going to a tattoo shop to get my newest tat, one that He choose for me.

It's important to me for reasons I am not sure would sound "sane" on paper and honestly not many of my vanilla friends can understand why I would choose not only to 1. wear a collar 2. change my last name 3. get a tattoo symbolizing (since I would never have a name on me) my Sir.

Is branding something that subs/Doms out there would consider? Branding being either tattoo, peircing, or other "mark" from your owner/for your pet not to include collars. I actually asked for my "mark", though I'm not sure if I'm alone in that thought. (I'll be happy to explain the reasoning behind it, including the symbol if any are interested but it's...well a long story)

Just a little food for thought :cool:

butterflySlave4u
05-17-2008, 10:06 PM
i'm sure many consider it, belle....for various reasons....a permanent mark to signify devotion, or merely ownership....

and btw, start typing, woman!! i wanna know all the details that Sir will allow to be made public!! :)

bellelapine
05-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Maybe...a year...year and a half before I met Him, I had an extremely vivid dream. (I have those a lot but this one took the cake) At the time I was a practicing pagan and followed the Norse Gods (with quite a bit of native american animism)...well in this particular dream they decided to give me a bit of a guide in my search for that missing piece. I was told, look for your hawk.
Fast forward to meeting of my Sir, and His birth totem happens to be a hawk (which is sometimes a guide and those of the totem were born at "The time of Awakenings"). Between this, everything clicking in place with U/us and the fact He had reawakened my desire to be a collared pet, it was definitely in my utmost romantic opinion love at first chat on the phone. So He's chosen a tribal hawk to signify Himself (I'll post pictures of it when it's done) and O/our relationship.

denuseri
05-18-2008, 08:10 AM
belle, hi nice to meet ya, i am what we goreans call a dina girl, i was branded with the dina brand about three yrs ago, i deffinetly reccomend a tatto, my brand faded over like a six month period, so we got a tatto near my original brand site,, brands are dificult to maintain as well as accomplish well, too deep it leaves a bad wound prone to septic infection, not deep enough and it scars over eventually with keliods or fades out, my tat as all the bueaty and much more detail and definition than the brand ever did, alltough the branding experience was uncomparable i am more than happy with my tatto

denuseri
05-18-2008, 08:10 AM
belle, hi nice to meet ya, i am what we goreans call a dina girl, i was branded with the dina brand about three yrs ago, i deffinetly reccomend a tatto, my brand faded over like a six month period, so we got a tatto near my original brand site,, brands are dificult to maintain as well as accomplish well, too deep it leaves a bad wound prone to septic infection, not deep enough and it scars over eventually with keliods or fades out, my tat as all the bueaty and much more detail and definition than the brand ever did, alltough the branding experience was uncomparable i am more than happy with my tatto

bellelapine
05-25-2008, 12:21 PM
The buzz of the gun, the flush of warmth that always comes when the needle hits my skin...there's nothing like a tattoo to make a girl's day. Especially when she gets her Sir's mark in ink.
Today was the day that I had my appointment to get the tribal done on my shoulder for Sir. Much to my surprise He also decided to get a symbol over His heart (sternum actually) to represent me since He said "I'm His heart and breathe" (yeah okay I squeed very cutely when He said that) So tattooed and happy W/we're home and waiting for the plastic to come off so W/we can take pictures!
By the way for those of you in the Toronto area I highly recommend Planet Ink for your inking and piercing needs.

Daes
05-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Branding is a hard limit with me, but I love tattoos and would gladly get one for my Sir.

There would have to be some sort of compromise as to what the tattoo would consist of so hopefully rather than it being solely in his hands, perhaps I could find something that he would approve of - for I would like it to be consistant with the tattoos I already have.

Guest011909
05-25-2008, 01:36 PM
This is something that i am very leery about...tattoos, that is. 1)because i see how many relationships end and i hate the idea of being left with a permanent mark. 2)no offense intended...but i think they can look really tacky.

bellelapine
05-25-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm posting the picts in the self portraits forum, if I can figure it out *blush*

~faerie~
05-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Congrats on your tattoo's. That is great. . It sounded like you guys had a blast. i can't wait to see the pic's *hugs*

I will be getting mine for our first year anniversary

sisterhoney61 {RW}
05-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I LOVE tattoos, belle! I only have one, unfortunately, but I am making plans to have at least six more done. None of them are specific for Master, however. I do want to get the BDSM emblem tattooed on me somewhere. Because even if (Goddess forbid!) something happen to my relationship with Master, I would still look for another BDSM relationship down the road.

Right now my only tattoo is a black ink one of a cheetah (my power animal). I also want a belly dancing rat that was on a aritist's website, because I love rats and belly dancing. I e-mailed her for her permission to use her drawing as a tattoo and she said yes. I also want the Chinese symbol for rat (I was born in the Year of the Rat). I also want a unicorn, because I love unicorns. I want the White Horse of Uffington (my avatar) to symbolize Rhiannon, one of my patron Goddesses. I want the Brighid's Cross, because Brighid is another one of my patron Goddesses. And the BDSM emblem. And knowing me, after I get all of them, I'll just get more! I love body art of all kinds.

Tojo
05-25-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm dead against branding, tattoos or any kind of permanent marking myself.

Nothing is forever- except a tattoo....

I totally support your right to do it though, I just wouldn't allow it myself.

~faerie~
05-25-2008, 09:27 PM
^ i understand why you are against it. Nothing lasts forever. But to me, at least, each tattoo i have holds a memory. Some good, some not, but all a part of the journey to who i am.

mastersbirdie
05-25-2008, 10:49 PM
I am looking forward to master allowing me to get his mark. I have always been against tattoos but I want his mark on me. sorry I forgot to introduce myself I am birdy or on here mastersbirdie. I am a kajira and master will soon be collaring me:) I am excited to get to know you all and to share as submissives.

birdie

denuseri
05-25-2008, 11:40 PM
wow another kajira huggs sis,

mastersbirdie
05-26-2008, 12:26 AM
hugs back sis I am glad I am not the only kajira I look forward to getting to know you and sharing good times here on the site :)

Tojo
05-26-2008, 05:11 PM
^ i understand why you are against it. Nothing lasts forever. But to me, at least, each tattoo i have holds a memory. Some good, some not, but all a part of the journey to who i am.

Nicely put ShyGreenEyedGirl, I never thought of it like that.

mastersbirdie, would you like to tell us what a kajira is? That's a new one on me.

sisterhoney61 {RW}
05-26-2008, 08:25 PM
hugs back sis I am glad I am not the only kajira I look forward to getting to know you and sharing good times here on the site :)

Pleased to meet you, birdie! I was a kajira once, a while silk, BTW. Sometimes I miss it.

Tojo, Sir, a kajira is a female Gorean pleasure slave.

denuseri
05-26-2008, 09:54 PM
sisterhoney huggs to the former kajira ,, cool, the longer i am here the more i find,

as for brands and tattos and piercings,, wiggles my bottom to jingel my lil clit rings bell,, try to think of them as the scars we subs choose to get on purpose,, lord knows we get enough of the other kind without meaning too

mastersbirdie
05-27-2008, 10:55 PM
yes Tojo sir a kajira in a gorean slave I love it I am a fairly new kajira but I am learning I love having a master. I am pleased to find fellow kairae here I would like to get to know all of you my fellow submissives :)

Tojo
05-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Thank you kindly girls. :)

Whether you not you subscribe to Gorean, it's worth learning about IMO. It's a part of our D/s world & something I (obviously) know very little about.....:32:

gemmy
05-28-2008, 03:00 AM
just a note: kaijira = female slave / kajirus = male slave in Gor - there are many kinds of slaves as the following quick reference shows ;)

kajira: female slave

barbarian: a native of the planet Earth, usually used in a derogatory sense in reference to slave girls from that planet. Also defined as slave girls captured from outlying regions or cities. Barbarian slave girls from Earth are considered shamelessly sensual.
"Assassin of Gor" p. 20 & "Savages of Gor" p 83

bath girls: are slaves at the public and private baths. They wear a chain and plate collar. The plate gives their name and cost. They wear towels with nothing beneath them. While swimming, many wrap a long broad strap of glazed leather about their heads like a turban. The bath girls are there for the pleasure of men. Sometimes the girls will pretend to swim away from the men and try to escape but are easily caught by the men. This is done on purpose as most girls could easily avoid the men if they wished. They become excellent swimmers.
Assassins of Gor, pages 158 - 166

below deck girl: the term used for slave girls transported in the hold of a ship. They are held in individual cages and because of infestations of lice, all of their body hair is shaved. The term 'below-deck girl' is used derisively especially by those slave girls allowed to remain on deck in cages, who need not have shaved heads, though all slaves on a slaver ship are unclothed.
"Slave Girl of Gor" p. 318 - 321

bond-maid: the term for a slave girl used in Torvaldsland also called a girl whose belly lies under the sword
"Marauders of Gor" p 44

chamber slave: A slave of the Priest Kings restricted to use within a particular chamber; these slaves cannot leave the chamber and are to serve the Freeperson living there fully.
"Priest Kings of Gor" p. 36

city girl: slave girl in any city, her duties in the apartment cylinders are largely domestic

coin girl: a slave girl who, with a coinbox and triangular flat bell chained around her neck, is sent out in the streets of a city to earn money from Masters in return for her sexual use
"Rogue of Gor" p. 89-90 & "Guardsman of Gor" p 143

display girl: a slave girl whose primary purpose is for the display of her beauty to reflect the affluence of her Master; often chained in coffle with other display slaves behind the palanquin or other transport of her Master
"Dancer of Gor" p. 367

exotic slave: a slave male or female bred for special purposes producing quaint or unusual purposes; an example is the passion slave.
"Raiders of Gor" p. 15

field slave: these slaves work outdoors, usually gardening, fetching wood or water, etc. She is commonly dressed in plain, sturdy slave tunics. Her hair is shorn.
"Magicians of Gor" p. 299-302

first girl: slave appointed by the Master to oversee other usually younger or less experienced girls; she rules when FreePersons are not present as the Master, but she is subject to his total authority, usually called Mistress by the other girls, she may have switching rights over them as well.
"Explorers of Gor" p. 78 & "Dancer of Gor" p 170, 211, and 380

flute girl: a slave trained in the art of music, specifically the playing of the double flute. They perform at various functions and are available for sexual use by those free men of their audience.
"Magicians of Gor" p. 118-122

house girl: one whose primary duties are inside the residence. Duties range from personal serving girls to kettle and mat girls.
"Magicians of Gor" p 312

kettle slave/pot girl: girl whose main function is cooking and other menial household tasks; used disparagingly.
"Assassin of Gor" p 164

kettle and mat girl: a slave girl whose function is divided between household tasks and sexual servitude
"Assassin of Gor" p 112 & "Raiders of Gor" p 99

last girl: used to denote either the newest girl on a chain, or the least of all the girls.
"Savages of Gor" p 240

luck girl: a slave girl who acts as mascot onboard ship; her use is usually reserved for the captain of the ship, but she may be shared with the crew, usually as a disciplinary measure.
"Tribesmen of Gor" p 61

lure girl: slaves who are set out by their master's to entice men for the purposes of empressing as crewmen or in work gangs. While the man is delightfully distracted, her master's men accost him and hustle him away; also used by panther girls to entice men to be captured as their slaves.
"Dancer of Gor" p 244 * "Explorers of Gor"

mul: a Priest-King term for a human slave
"Priest-Kings of Gor" p 94

passion slave: a slave girl who has been bred, rather than captured; specifically, one that has been bred for a particular trait, such as beauty or slave heat or the shape of her lips.
"Priest Kings of Gor" p 53

personal serving slave: a slave assigned or owned by the person she obeys. Her duties may include running errands, general cleaning, or caring for personal belongings.
"Magicians of Gor" p 366

pierced ear girl: a slave girl whose ears have been pierced; as piercing a girl's ears is consider the ultimate degradation, it virtually guarantees that the girl will never be freed; the practice first became popular after the fall of Turia to the Wagon Peoples, but is gaining acceptance in the northern cities, especially Ar
"Captive of Gor" p. 157, 167 and 319

pleasure slave: a slave girl whose main function is sexual servitude to her master; traditionally, she kneels with her knees spread wide, and her hands either resting on her thighs or, in some cities, crossed behind her, ready for binding.

"Captive of Gor" p 101

scribe slave: scribes that have been captured, they do the bookkeeping no one else wants to do. they are above other slaves with the fact they can read and write, but aren't above, like all slaves, cooking, cleaning and warming the furs

self-contract, limited slave: an arrangement wherein a Free Woman contracts to be an experimental slave for a period of time ranging from one night to a year. Her documents will contain a specified termination date.
"Blood Brothers of Gor" p 101

side block girl: A slave girl sold for a fixed price from the side block of a slave auction house instead of auctioned from the main block; used disparagingly.
"Savages of Gor" p 107

silk girl: term used by those of Torvaldsland to denote a slave girl from the southern cities; often used disparagingly.
"Marauders of Gor" p 144

stable girl: these slaves tend to the male slaves needs so they do not become unruly and keep them in line

state girl: a state owned girl may have various duties, ranging from general cleaning to carrying messages. State tunics and collars are uniform, sleeveless and plain. Considered by most states an unenviable slavery.
"Magicians of Gor" p 340-341 and 376

tavern slave: also called "kettle-and-mat girls" see above

tower slave: a state slave girl in any of the cities of Gor; her duties in the apartment cylinders are largely domestic; traditionally, she kneels with her knees together and with her wrists crossed in front of her, as if for binding.
"Priest Kings of Gor" p 45

work slave: a category of slaves consisting of field slaves, stable slaves, etc. These females are considered, like kettle and mat girls, to be low slaves.
"Magicians of Gor" p 305

kajurus: male slave

Field slaves: these slaves work in the fields, cultivating and caring for the crops, commonly dressed in plain, sturdy slave tunics with shorn hair.
"Magicians of Gor" p 299-302

fighting slaves: Many cities have arena for gladitorial combat. This combat is often quite lethal and many fighting slaves are seriously injured or killed during these games. These male slaves may learn the use of certain weapons, primarily cestae and other common arena weapons. In most cases, free men do not enter these arena games.

galley slaves: Port Kar, Cos and Tyros utilize thousands of male galley slaves on their ships.
seduction slaves: They are used to lure free women into compromising situations so that the women can be made slaves by the couching laws. The couching laws exist in many Gorean cities. Essentially the law states that any free woman who couches with another’s slave, or even prepares to do so, becomes a slave herself and the slave of the male slave’s master.
"Magicians of Gor" p 8

silk slave: a male slave kept by Free Women as sexual toys, handsome and sometimes pretty by male standards, these slaves are often muscular and manly, as Free Women love having strong men at their feet, this can be dangerous if the slave doesn't know his place or wishes to be free. At the present time there is a city ordinance in Ar which restricts the sexual use, or "couching" of slaves by Free Women, due to the widespread belief that the physical charms of precious Free Women are reserved only for the free.
"Fighting Slave of Gor" p 157 and 164 & "Mercenaries of Gor" p 437

stable slave: these kajiri are kept in stables and care for the livestock sometimes fighting for benefits, or betting money for their Owners; rewarded with female stable slaves

thralls: male slaves of Torvaldsland
"Marauders of Gor p82"

work slaves They are usually used on cargo galleys, mines, great farms or as porters on wharves. Many cities use male slaves for some of the unpleasant labor in the cities, such as in the refuse pits. Most males work on chains with other slaves

gemmy
05-28-2008, 03:04 AM
As far as branding goes, I would be honoured to wear my Master's mark but would never put a name on my body unless it was one of my children ;)

I suppose you have to like tattoo's as well but I would certainly prefer it over a real life hot brand and I find a tastefully done tat to be far more classy than a seared hunk of flesh hehe

Virulent
06-20-2008, 05:11 PM
ShyGreenGirl's perspective seems like one I can agree with. Contrary to popular belief, tattoos don't last forever; fairly soon you're going to die, though perhaps not soon enough (if you hang out with the wrong master, especially).

Personally, I've got a complete t-shirt of scarification, brands, and ink, etched into my hide by friends at bod-mod parties. Some of it I like, some of it I don't, and I tend to change my mind on which is which; the point being, its all irrelevant over any reasonable length of time. One should be glad for this life, right now; there won't be another, and any day now your country might turn into ****lia (or worse, England).

Edit: Why is $om@lia censored?