PDA

View Full Version : Magic tape.

Barton
05-02-2004, 03:22 PM
I just wanted to pass along something that I have noticed. My slave has extremely sensitive skin. It marks and bruises easily. Most times a few marks are not a problem, but because of circumstances a lot are not good. I have found that blue masking tape works very well when I am not using ropes to immobilize her or when I wish to tape up a particularly sensitive area. This particular kind of tape leaves no residue and does not react with her skin the way other types of tape do (i.e. dust tape(100mph or 50mph), regular masking tape, or packing tape.). It is as strong as other types of tape and will stick as well also. Best of all when it is pulled off you still get the same reaction as with other tape, except maybe for 100mph duct tape. Blue masking tape can be purchased in any paint or hardware store.
One last thing, for those of you who have never had to own an extremely old car. There are two types of duct tape, the first(silver color) stays on the car up to 50mph, the other(black) stays on up to 100mph. :D
Barton.

Barton
02-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Just a little new info. They now make a green painters tape that is even better. Sort of "new and inproved" you might say.

Sir Lanceloth
02-28-2005, 09:51 AM
hmm perhaps i should go see that kind of stores, ive newer really fancied wanting to go to such shops but with your advise it seems like a good idea :)

Dngnkeeper
02-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Another kind of good tape to use is Gaffer's Tape. It looks like duct tape in that it is a cloth tape. But the difference is that the glue is designed not to leave a residue. Its intended purpose is for temperary covering in the entertainment business. Its designed not to take paint off walls or nap out of carpet and when used on skin it doesen't pull out the hair. You could call it 5mph tape or paint on a roll. :) While it is normally see in entertainments favorite color, basic black, it comes in a wide variety of colors including glow in the dark and UV reactive. It also comes in widths from 1/2 inch to 4 inch.

Its a little harder to find, its normally available in shops that cater to theatrical lighting, carpentry and audio. You can also find it on the internet.

Its my favorite type of tape for bondage. If you have a chance, check it out.

Barton
02-28-2005, 09:41 PM
And they say that us dom's are uncaring and just not sensitive. ;)

craftygirl
03-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Another kind of good tape to use is Gaffer's Tape. It looks like duct tape in that it is a cloth tape. But the difference is that the glue is designed not to leave a residue. Its intended purpose is for temperary covering in the entertainment business.

And don't forget it hold boobies in very low cut dresses. For example J Lo's infamous green one that she wore a few years ago.....

Sir Lanceloth
03-01-2005, 04:29 AM
And don't forget it hold boobies in very low cut dresses. For example J Lo's infamous green one that she wore a few years ago.....

now thats crafty indeed :D

orchidsoul
03-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Quote- Dngnkeeper: Its intended purpose is for temperary covering in the entertainment business. Its designed not to take paint off walls or nap out of carpet and when used on skin it doesen't pull out the hair.

(pardon me for not knowing how to quote properly! Couldn't make the square :confused:

Dngnkeeper is correct in that it would make great bondage tape, but gaffers tape can take paint off the wall (or may leave dirty marks- flat paint) and also varnish off a hard wood floor... especially if the finishes are even slightly compromised. You are correct though- it is designed not to, but secretly does sometimes. Trust me when I say I have fixed the aftermath too many times (I work in this industry).

There are also two grades of gaffers tape. Regular and Pro grade. The Pro grade is less likely to damage a surface, but again, if the surface is remotely compromised, don't count on it.

But on the other positive side, it is mainly designed for the Gaffer (lighting designer), Grip (riggers) and electric department as it made to be "electricity friendly" on the cables, near the ballist box, etc. It tends to peel off a bit if only used in a small quantity when it's warm though.

Dngnkeeper- not trying to refute your wonderful suggestion of using it for bondage as it would be great for that, especially since it won't take out hair, just expanding on it's potential damage to surfaces. Just a warning if anyone is planning on taping anyone to a hard wood floor that is not gleaming with shine :)

slavelucy
03-03-2005, 10:25 AM
(pardon me for not knowing how to quote properly! Couldn't make the square :confused:

Hey orchidsoul

Nice to see you posting after your lovely intro. :)

To quote someone's post, or part of their post, click on 'Reply' on the bottom right of the post from which you wish to quote. From there, you'll see a bunch of text between 'quotes' (should have the word quote in brackets [ ] and end with backslash and the word quote again. )....just take out anything you don't want to quote and voila! Then after that (or before, whatever), you just say whatever you want to add, anywhere as long as it's not within the quoted bits.

Hope that makes sense, for multiple quotes you can copy and paste and type in the quoting bits manually.

Test it out on this post, if you like. :)

sl

orchidsoul
03-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Hey orchidsoul

Test it out on this post, if you like. :)

sl

It's that easy. Voila!
thanks for the help :D