PDA

View Full Version : Whips and floggers

Barton
05-07-2004, 02:01 PM
I would like to take advantage of everyones expertise. I need input on whips, floggers, etc. If you could rate them on a scale of 1-10 for pain it would help.
Thanks,
Barton.

Finding_Fantasy
05-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Maybe you can give us a list of the kinds you are considering and we can rate them. :)

Barton
05-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I am considering the following:
a thin wooden paddel.
a thin rubber paddle.
a rubber flogger with many thin strands.
a leather flogger made of straps.
a wide wooden paddle(like a ping pong one.).
a plastic paddle with holes.
a short leather whip.

I would also appreaciate any other ideas that anyone might have to offer.
Barton.

Jones, Nikka
05-07-2004, 10:21 PM
This list is made from personal experience and of course, it is subject to the mood and technique of the person applying the discipline:

Rubber spatula: Pain factor 1-2. Feels like: very short term tingling sensation

Thin wooden paddle:Pain factor 2-3. Feels like: very sharp superficial sting

Rubber/latex flogger with thin strands: Pain factor 2-3. Feels like:dull superficial sting, followed by slow building heat sensation.

Suede flogger: Pain factor 3-4. Feels like: Slow-building heat sensation. If well applied it is almost like a massage. Very nice!

Leather flogger made of hard straps:Pain factor 4-5. Feels like: Cutting sensation, fast heating sensation. Can cause moderate swelling.

Wide and thick wooden paddle: Pain factor 4-5 Feels like Sharp sting with slow building internal bruising that is painful long after discipline has been applied.

Leather flogger made of thick braids: Pain factor 5-6. Feels like: Sharp cutting sensation, fast heating sensation. Will cause severe swelling. If applied on already swollen skin it will make small cuts.

Short single-tail leather whip: Pain factor 6-7. Feels like:Cutting sensation, severe superficial pain and deep bruises and welts. When several strokes overlap it may cut the skin.

Rubber-coated wire whip: Pain factor 7-8. Feels like: Severe internal pain and deep bruises and welts. When strokes overlap it may cut the skin.

Leather bullwhip: Pain factor: 7-8. Feels like: Burning sensation followed by severe pain, bruising and welting. Will cut the skin very easily.

Fiberglass cane: Pain factor 8-9. Feels like: momentary lack of feeling followed by severe pain, fast-building heat, bruising and welting. Very painful.

Rattan cane: Pain factor 8-9. Feels like: momentary lack of feeling followed by extreme pain, fast-building heat, bruising and welting. If strokes are repeated on the same spot, it cuts the skin quite easily. Severely painful.

Birch switch wrapped in copper wire: Pain factor 9-10. Feels like: momentary lack of feeling followed by blinding pain, fast-building heat, bruising, welting and cutting. It breaks the skin quite easily. Be careful not to overlap strokes. Extreme pain warning.

Barton
05-07-2004, 10:56 PM
My slave will be trembling, in anticipation, for a long time after reading this list. Thanks Nikka! I hoped you would post, as I thought, if you responded it would make for some great reading. That was better than a Consumer Digest report. Any more opinions out there?
Barton.

woodsman'sgame
05-08-2004, 07:02 AM
I will add this to Nikka's thorough list.

1. Thick leather belt - pain factor 5-6 (using Nikka's scale). If not doubled it will cut the skin. Doubled it can bruise. leaves large welts.
2. VInyl braided belt- Pain factor 6-7. Same rules as the leather.
3. Three stranded whip with very thin long hard leather strands- (woodsman's favorite) Sharp stinging sensation. (6-7) (depends on how it is used) Because it is long it wraps around the body and the ends leave v shaped small bruises. Careful with this one; the marks last a long time.

The sensation of the whip and belt are quite different. I really dislike the stinging sensation of the whip. That's why I rate the pain high, but someone else might not feel that it is as bad as the belt.

GaryWilcox
05-08-2004, 08:11 AM
Rubber spatula: Pain factor 1-2. Feels like: very short term tingling sensation. I assure you, as the former Mister Rubber Spatula, that I can get that up to a 3-5 area. Mostly because my own is a cakemaker's, and the head has a seven inch diameter and weighs more than the average one... :D But also because where there's a whip, there's a way!

Speaker of life
05-09-2004, 11:11 AM
I assure you, as the former Mister Rubber Spatula, that I can get that up to a 3-5 area. Mostly because my own is a cakemaker's, and the head has a seven inch diameter and weighs more than the average one... :D
The pain factor that Nikka has assigned to each of her discipline implements really does depends on the technique level of the dom and the purpose of the discipline and the mental state of the sub. Also, the position in which she is to recieve her beating as well as the target area will change the overall effect.
For example: The wooden paddle, which she rates as a 4-5 will be much more painful if applied repeatedly to the "sweet spot" between thigh and buttock if she is bent over. (in a standing position it is not as painful).

Also, a cane applied even lightly to the underside of her breasts will be excruciating, whereas a lot more power is needed to get the same reaction when caning the inside of her thighs, for instance.

The mood and the build up is also important. There are days when Nikka will beg for mercy from a moderate whipping with a latex flogger and there are days when, after a severe trashing, she will beg for the cane to be applied harder, even a to the point where it becomes dangerous.

Also, some people simply seem to have more resistance to pain than others.

Katmandu
05-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Wow, quite extensive research went into these lists....I'm jealous!
SIGH

BTW, to expand this topic, after a good beating, what is the best way to deal with/ minimize the bruising? Anything? And, is there some device out there that can cause over a #5, or #6 pain-factor without creating heavy bruising? (That's really what I want to know! :D )

Jones, Nikka
05-10-2004, 09:52 PM
Wow, quite extensive research went into these lists....I'm jealous!
SIGH

BTW, to expand this topic, after a good beating, what is the best way to deal with/ minimize the bruising? Anything? And, is there some device out there that can cause over a #5, or #6 pain-factor without creating heavy bruising? (That's really what I want to know! :D )

In answer to your first question, after a severe caning or whipping F. usually covers my buttocks with a thin towel upon which he holds a plastic bag with about three ice-cube trayfulls of ice for about twenty minutes, a process he repeats about an hour later when possible. This does not completely eliminate bruising and welting but makes the swelling less painful. Also any cream with vitamine E will help the healing process.

I have also found that as time passes I become more resistant to the pain and my skin more resistant to bruising and cutting. Maybe that is why I can keep pushing my limits past points that a few years ago would have been terrified to contemplate.

In answer to your other question, in my experience the only way to get extreme pain without heavi bruising is from extreme suspension and / or electricity. But that is another thread.

Jane SC
05-11-2004, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=Jones, Nikka]In answer to your first question, after a severe caning or whipping F. usually covers my buttocks with a thin towel upon which he holds a plastic bag with about three ice-cube trayfulls of ice for about twenty minutes, a process he repeats about an hour later when possible. This does not completely eliminate bruising and welting but makes the swelling less painful. Also any cream with vitamine E will help the healing process.QUOTE]

Hi Nikka, hi all..........

Just to add my fourpennyworth on the subject of healing, I agree with Nikka completely (curtseying to her superiority on this topic!), but I also use a TheraFlex hot/cold gel bag which I put in the ice box of the fridge if I know I am liable to be on the receiving end of a caning. The gel bag stays very cold for a time and helps bring down the swelling - oh I use a thin bit of linen between my butt and the bag.

Bruising I normally treat with herbal Arnica cream which seems the best stuff I have found to dispel bruising. Both the cold pad and the arnica help after a caning and probably reduce the time that my backside remains painful. But.....................

Hope this helps.

Love, Jane

SirW
05-16-2004, 06:34 AM
I read the replies from everyone and obviously there are some very experienced knowlegable people here on this forum. I wanted to make one distinction. That is about canes. Most people that think about canes view them as a great way to deliver high power and painful blows. Obviously this is true. Many of the peole I have seen wield canes use them this way. But, there is another way to use a cane. That is the sensual caning approach. This is using the cane (actually more than one) as a gradual approach to a powerful blow. It is also called tattoo caning. The purpose here is to use a series of hits, gradual in intensity to various parts of the body. The best effect is on the buttocks, inner thigh, across the upper back and even the breasts (if done properly and with the right sized cane).
Tattooing means you are flicking the wrist so the cane dances on the target area. Back and forth over and over. The intensity can be controlled by the size of the cane and the power it is delivered. I always start with a thin, light weight one (rataan is best, because it gives a bit). Many blows are delivered over the areas mentioned above. I increase the intensity by changing to a heavier cane, working my way up to the heaviest at the end. You can give a woman an orgasm by just caning in this manner. Even without any direct vaginal/clitorol contact or stimulation. I find the most sensitive part that reacts to this stimulation is the area between the inner thigh and buttocks, just where the cheeks meet the thigh. Slowly working this area really gets a response from by submissive. I genrally use a group of 6 canes when I do sensual caning. You can use other materials than bamboo or rataan, but these work best for me. Just remember that other materials "give" less, so you need to tone down the intensity of blows.
You can still deliver high intensity one hit wonders, but I find other than bruising or marking, there isn't much reward for me in that approach. I like the overall feeings that tattoo caning generates in my submissive. Also, I tend to use this as warm up for flogging. Allows me to begin flogging with heavier floggers. It also saves on my arm and overall strength.
Of course this procedure takes time. I have done this any where from 10 minutes to over an hour. Depends on your time, the mood you are both in and what else you are interested in.
So next timew you hear about caning, don't cringe and assume it is a horrible painful thing. It had it's sonewhat softer side too.

Keep on caning.

SirW

Katmandu
05-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Please be patient, but I have a few questions.
First, Jane dear, where does one find this Arnica cream?
Second, SirW you said:

Tattooing means you are flicking the wrist so the cane dances on the target area. Back and forth over and over.
Sooo, does that mean you strike with the cane, leave it in contact with the body, and roll it back and forth? that doesn't sound right.....
Would you be kind enough to try again with the verbal visual? Thank you.

Jane SC
05-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Please be patient, but I have a few questions.
First, Jane dear, where does one find this Arnica cream?

Hi Katmandu

I've just typed Arnica into the Google Search engine and it seems that it is freely available in the States (I am in the UK). It costs about $5.50 a tube (Mothernature.com on the net) but it goes a long way and is most effective. It really is very good for reducing post-caning swelling and helping heal up the bruises.

Love, Jane.

Barton
05-16-2004, 09:49 PM
I think that he means that the cane repeatedly strikes the same area, like tapping.
Barton.

SirW
05-17-2004, 04:27 AM
Barton got it right. What you are actually doing is tapping the area by moving the wrist back and forth, causing the cane to repeatly strike the target area. The intensity of feeling this produces for the sub is based on the size of the cane (thinner versus thicker) and the force with which you are striking.
Does this produce bruises and marks? Yes, but it all depends on the intensity of the strikes. What is produced at first is a redness of the skin, and if you listen to my subbie tell you, the most delicious sensations that course through out her body. I usually work with one size cane (from smaller to bigger) for quite awhile. (of course this depends on our overall time allowed). Then I switch to the next size cane and work the areas over again. You can also use two at once. I usually develop a rhythmic tapping with the smaller one and then do random strikes with the bigger one. The best areas of the body that create the best feelings are the buttocks and thighs. You don't have to have alot of flesh down there for this to be effective, but if your subbie is very skinny and doesn't have much ass, you need to vary the intensity and time of the session.
The key, as with all D/s things, is to try it and talk about it. Also, I always talk to her throughout all sessions. Now, we have been together going on 5 years, so I know how she reacts and can read her body and know what her noises mean. But if you and your subbie or Dom, are just starting out you need to go slow and then talk. Also, if you are trying Tattoo caning for the first time, start with the smaller canes first and maybe only do one or two sizes, avoiding the larger ones till next time.
A neat little trick you can do with canes. After being warmed up (the subbie that is), take the thickest cane and put it between her legs, so the shaft of the cane is right in between her vaginal lips. Then strike this cane with another one. This causes wonderful vibrations that course through out her body. I know it is hard to describe all of this with just words, so if you get confused either post here or PM me and I'll try to work through it with you.

I have been talking about Male Dom and female subs, but obviously this could work with a male sub, though I have not done it on one. I also don't know the effect of caning on the scrotum or cock itself. Guess I will have to go find a subject to experiment on. Ha, Ha, Ha.
You can tattoo cane the breasts, but thinnest cane only and very light strikes (tapping), usually the under part. Also this works better on women with more tissue than less. Mainly you wish to avoid any areas that are muscles or nerve areas (like the shoulders, spine, as well as kidneys, etc.).

Hopefully I have made you curious that you and your partner wish to try it. I was very wary when we first started this. Mostly because I have always viewed canes as a painful deliverer of intense blows. But everything can have a softer side. We now do tattoo caning almost all sessions, at least to some degree.

Let me know if you have more questions. Also, I will try to get my subbie to post and tell you her side of it.

Take care, be careful and enjoy!

SirW

Barton
05-17-2004, 11:27 PM
SirW, what exactly do you consider a light cane.
Barton.

SirW
05-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Barton,

I have a group of 6 canes of varying thickness. I would guess the lightest is about 1/8 inch thick, though it could be smaller. The rest are gradually thicker to about 1/2 inch. Also, the nice thing about rataan or bamboo is that they bend and give. The plastic ones, or even other types of wood are very rigid. More flexible canes are better for tattoo caning. Allows more varying intensity in tapping (or tattooing) the skin.
My advice for a first timer with canes is to go slow. Get a set that feels good to you and then work slowly with them to you and your sub are feeling good with them. Also, look up cane care on the net. There are some conditi0ning things you need to do with canes before using. Also, if you are going to use the canes on different subs, you need to clean them after each use. Or, better yet, do what I do and put your sub in charge of those things.
She likes to do it and makes sure the canes are in good condition, for me to use on her.

SirW