PDA

View Full Version : rose

subserviant
06-29-2008, 04:09 AM
does anybody know of a practice that has lesbian subs getting a black rose tatoooed on their shoulder to show they are owned ?

Euryleia
06-29-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm not familiar with it but that doesn't mean it isn't practiced somewhere. In the language of flowers, a black rose means slavish devotion. Seems like a fitting symbol.

Then, of course, there is the Black Rose event (http://www.brevent.org/br08/index.php), held in DC every year. Perhaps by checking with them, you might find those who are using it as their mark of slavery.

Torq
06-29-2008, 07:47 PM
The "Black Rose" tattoo is actually the sign of death,, have never heard it to be linked with anything else.

One of my Old saying's ""Death is Certain,,,,Life is Unsure""

T

TomOfSweden
06-29-2008, 11:49 PM
The "Black Rose" tattoo is actually the sign of death,, have never heard it to be linked with anything else.

One of my Old saying's ""Death is Certain,,,,Life is Unsure""

T
I'm pretty sure black roses have been used to symbolise all kinds of things which don't seem to be related. There's the Victorian death rose, but then there's its positive association with political anarchism and also devotion. It features a lot in fiction symbolising a wide variety of things.

I think it's as simple as it being popular because its really cheesy. It's a bit like tattooing a dragon, a Celtic cross, Norse rune or a skull. It just looks "cool" if that's how your tastes go. It gets to symbolise what ever you want it to.

It could also have something to do with this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Rose_%28BDSM_organization%29

julialive1
09-08-2008, 12:01 PM
I have heard of this in death. I write to you only because you are the first I have seen post in relation to lesbians. I am a lesbian in search of a sub "with a bit of edge". I have seen no posting to date other than yours that even mentions same sex relations.

Can you suggest another site?

Thank you...should you decide to ink your body make sure its done well..:)