PDA

View Full Version : Update on Iraq

Silus
07-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Some of you might remember that I work in Baghdad Iraq. I have been here for about 7 months now. I will be returning home in a few weeks, and I just wanted to give you an update on the situation.

For starters we have not been attacked by any means here at BIAP (Baghdad International Airport) for just over 2 months. That's saying a lot considering the first 5 months we were getting hit on a regular basis. The last time was 18 rockets into my housing area. All over the bases there seems to be two types of thinking:

1. The war is over.
2. What are they waiting for, and are they just stocking up for a big rush on us?

Personally I think all of those who still had the will to fight have packed up and moved the fight to Afghanistan. So expect to see that war start to ramp up fast.

On a side note we had some visitors yesterday, one of them being Milo Ventimiglia. He's one of the lead actors for the Tv show Heros.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Ventimiglia

Well if there is anything I can answer for you please just ask.

denuseri
07-10-2008, 02:36 PM
hugs and kissess, i will pray for your continued saftey, wouldnt it be wonderfull is peace could finally come soon

fetishdj
07-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Glad to see there is a reduction in hostility over there. Hope you manage to come home safe...

MissElizabeth87
07-10-2008, 03:38 PM
You really think the fight in Afghanistan is going to increase?

:(

mkemse
07-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Thank You for your Service, and please have a safe return home

John56{vg}
07-11-2008, 02:52 AM
Thank you for all you've done and I hope you can come home soon.

Kuskovian
07-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Silus I rember the way the rumor mill worked, everytime I was getting ready to leave some place they used to extend us.

Hang tight your service to your country is greatly apreciated despit what you might see on TV or read about from here. I still have several buddies over there with you in both theaters.

There is no telling what is coming in the future with it all. I do know Afganistan is ramping up more as we speak. It will probably all stay at SNAFU for a few more years.

Stay true, watch your buddies backs, as they watch yours. Some of us have been there and understand what it is like.

Silus
07-11-2008, 08:23 PM
There is no doubt I will be home soon. After 10 yrs in the military, I'm now a defense contractor.

MissElizabeth87 last week Afghanistan had a higher body count than Iraq. I would say thats a pretty big turn around.

Logic1
07-15-2008, 03:40 AM
MissElizabeth87 last week Afghanistan had a higher body count than Iraq. I would say thats a pretty big turn around.

According to the news here in Sweden, that holds true for the entire spring also. I could be wrong there but that is what my recollection of that says anyways.
I sure hope you get home safely