PDA

View Full Version : Why is it cool to be a bi girl

badlyguidedlittlemis
07-11-2008, 11:05 AM
After various conversations over the last few days with friends of mine, Ive been pondering the following.

Why do bi girls (the majority) flaunt it like it's cool, as if it makes them more special.
A girl I know is very proud from having slept with what she claims to be most of the girls she knows in the scene in her hometown.
If I were to knock that on its head and be proud of sleeping with all the males in my hometown... not so cool but slutty.

Also, why do so many girls in the scene claim to be bi, I understand that scene folk are more open minded and open to more experiences but I have yet to meet a female submissive that is not bisexual, I find this hard to believe.
(there is also not the same amount of male bi sexuals in the scene either.)

To the lazywebs I ask... why is it so cool to be bisexual?

claire
07-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Well, speaking only for myself of course, I am a sub, and I am not bisexual. However, my Dom is.

Arria
07-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Hm, I´d think men find it nice because they like to watch it... why it should be cool among the ladies, I do not know.

I´m only half bi, I only like the upper half of women...

But I basically believe everyone is basically bi, otherwise cultures like the ancient Greek could not have been established.

As for the male bi crowd: For some reason admitting to being bi brings worse prejudice/disapproval to men than it does to women, at least in our culture. So I don´t think every man who is bi will walk around and proclaim it.

denuseri
07-11-2008, 11:53 AM
idk ive never really thought about it, i started off in highschool dating boys but my first sexual encounter was with another girl, i guess i was just born liking both

Euryleia
07-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Because being a lesbian is the pinacle of human achievement and all those curious girls just want to be connected to our fabulousness.
:super:

Seriously, though, it is a fact that a number of heterosexual males find the idea of two women together sexually very, very appealling. Therefore, plenty of submissive women will open themselves up to lesbian play because their Dominant wants it that way.
:blurp_ani

gemmy
07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
^^^^^ hehehe of course ;) :D

I don't know if it's a matter of cool or not and I don't think people come out as bi just for the sake of being cool - If you are great, if you aren't great too lol

"...Why do bi girls (the majority) flaunt it like it's cool, as if it makes them more special..."

I would hardly say the majority flaunt it. But if asked, I answer honestly, not because I wish to flaunt it but because I'm asked simply.

Your post sounds like you've taken it as a slight against you for not being bi-sexual. Words like why do they claim to be. I would say because they are? lol

Again, if you're not, cool - it's not a big deal either way I don't think. I don't claim to be, I know I have no issues being sexual with another woman (and have been with women far before I knew about BDSM) but that woman has to also appeal to me chemistry wise, the same as a man does ;) Not just any gurl for this gurl hehe

P.S.: Depends on who you're meeting I suppose, as I've met MANY who aren't ;)

MissElizabeth87
07-11-2008, 02:20 PM
As far as I know, most of the girls I know aren't actually bi, they're just open to the idea of being with a woman in some form or another. I've heard the term "heteroflexible" used... and that's how I think of myself. I mean, I've never actually sexually been with a woman, but as that's the case, I don't know if I'd like it or not. There are some women I am attracted to, so I don't think I'd hate it.

But, claiming to be bi, or kissing other girls and such, is supposedly a great way to get a guy's attention. I think it's retarded, because then the girl doesn't matter... But whatever.

good_girl
07-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Seriously, though, it is a fact that a number of heterosexual males find the idea of two women together sexually very, very appealling. Therefore, plenty of submissive women will open themselves up to lesbian play because their Dominant wants it that way.

My thought exactly...to add to that, don't many of us flaunt what will we have that will get us the attention we want, this is what they have, they flaunt it.

gemmy
07-11-2008, 02:49 PM
As far as I know, most of the girls I know aren't actually bi, they're just open to the idea of being with a woman in some form or another. I've heard the term "heteroflexible" used... and that's how I think of myself. I mean, I've never actually sexually been with a woman, but as that's the case, I don't know if I'd like it or not. There are some women I am attracted to, so I don't think I'd hate it.

But, claiming to be bi, or kissing other girls and such, is supposedly a great way to get a guy's attention. I think it's retarded, because then the girl doesn't matter... But whatever.

Oh, I like that word :D :cool:

MissElizabeth87
07-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Oh, I like that word :D :cool:

hehe. me too. :)

Kuskovian
07-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Please continue I am finding this debate rather stimulating. LOL.

cadence
07-11-2008, 04:38 PM

Lol, I never thought of being half bi, but I guess you can be

Because being a lesbian is the pinacle of human achievement and all those curious girls just want to be connected to our fabulousness.

haha, living vicariously through lesbians, now that's cool!

That's very true, a man gets rather interested in a woman who claims that they enjoy being with another woman as well. To me I think that girls don't understand the difference between bisexual and bicurious.

I am bisexual but I don't think I've ever tried to come across as cool. I was bisexual even before I came into the scene, so I am who I am, and will declare it as such. I'm not really enthused with the ones who are so excited when they find out, I'm not going to have sex with a woman just because I can.

DowntownAmber
07-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Sub here, and not bisexual. Will I play with another woman? Sure. I like kissing women, they are soft and pretty and smell nice so why not? And when you put two soft and pretty attractive things together it's no wonder the boys/men/Doms are aroused.

I know there are hetero girls out there that play the same way I do and claim to be bi because it makes them seem a little more adventurous and a little more on the edge and they think it makes the men perk up thier ears, but can you really be considered seriously bi or lesbian when you're doing it to attract a man??

badlyguidedlittlemis
07-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Your post sounds like you've taken it as a slight against you for not being bi-sexual. Words like why do they claim to be. I would say because they are? lol

I certainly didn't mean to come across this way, I am perfectly happy with my sexuality, I've had my encounters with women, but I wouldn't consider myself bisexual because of them and have never used it in a way to gain attention.

It just just be the girls I'm encountering in the scene at the moment and the dominants they have, its very much a competition atmosphere at the moment I find.
Who has the subbiest subbie, who is bi, bendy, corseted and subbier than thou.
Drives me mad.

Thank you all for you posts, much to think about and ponder.
Live to question and challenge all you know - as they say.

Thanks

J-Go
07-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Sub here, and not bisexual. Will I play with another woman? Sure. I like kissing women, they are soft and pretty and smell nice so why not? And when you put two soft and pretty attractive things together it's no wonder the boys/men/Doms are aroused.

I know there are hetero girls out there that play the same way I do and claim to be bi because it makes them seem a little more adventurous and a little more on the edge and they think it makes the men perk up thier ears, but can you really be considered seriously bi or lesbian when you're doing it to attract a man??

Personally I don't care why you do it! weg* :rolleyes:

gemmy
07-12-2008, 10:14 AM
I certainly didn't mean to come across this way, I am perfectly happy with my sexuality, I've had my encounters with women, but I wouldn't consider myself bisexual because of them and have never used it in a way to gain attention.

It just just be the girls I'm encountering in the scene at the moment and the dominants they have, its very much a competition atmosphere at the moment I find.
Drives me mad.

Thank you all for you posts, much to think about and ponder.
Live to question and challenge all you know - as they say.

Thanks

True, I've encountered the same along the way for sure and just take it for what it is; attention seeking and just choose to not participate in that kind of competition.

I like the differing definitions of bi; bi-curious; hetroflexible; half-bi (top) and so on that this thread is accumulating - very interesting indeed :D

LMAO @ the Domly types responses haha! So true to form ;)

Kuskovian
07-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Mastersgem, did you expect anything else from us? LOL.

badlyguidedlittlemis
07-12-2008, 11:28 AM
True, I've encountered the same along the way for sure and just take it for what it is; attention seeking and just choose to not participate in that kind of competition.

My dominant said the same thing, he told me to just let them out compete each other and let them be, and that I am not to engage in such things as it will do neither of us any good.

I think you and him have hit the nail on the head, rise above it - as it's annoying me
Thanks

P.S - To the dominants who posted, you've made me smile a little, nice to see you poking your heads in the subbie side of the cake overseeing the frolics. ;)

steelish
07-12-2008, 12:29 PM
My dominant said the same thing, he told me to just let them out compete each other and let them be, and that I am not to engage in such things as it will do neither of us any good.

I think you and him have hit the nail on the head, rise above it - as it's annoying me
Thanks

P.S - To the dominants who posted, you've made me smile a little, nice to see you poking your heads in the subbie side of the cake overseeing the frolics. ;)

Ok, so why should it annoy anyone? What difference does it make who or what someone else is if they are not your partner? To suggest that it matters attaches a stigma to a sexuality.

I myself am bi. I consider myself that, yes. I have been with several other women and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I think women are beautiful and desirable.

I am married to a wonderful man and am currently with a Dom. Had I met a domme that I "clicked" with, I might have ended up with her, but I met Ronn first.

badlyguidedlittlemis
07-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok, so why should it annoy anyone? What difference does it make who or what someone else is if they are not your partner? To suggest that it matters attaches a stigma to a sexuality.

It matters because the girls who caused me to post in the first place are friends of mine, as are their dominants, people I spend time with in the scene, at clubs and in vanilla situations.

It annoys me because many conversations and activities are driven towards who had done what, with whom and how many times and it tests my patience once in a while.
since I'm not overly competitive, or brag about what I do and with whom I tend to get bored.

moonlitsub
07-13-2008, 06:59 AM
I think that most girls are bi for two reasons one women are more comfortable with there sexuality then men (as a majority on both sides) and two some women just think thats what men want so they will be that to be more appealing I really don't get it. I have met quite a few guys though that if you get them drunk enough so that there inhabition go they actually will suck a little bit or what not.

Logic1
07-15-2008, 03:34 AM
Personally I don't care why you do it! weg* :rolleyes:

LMAO :D
I dont personally feel the need to add another partner in my bedroom nor does it particularly turn me on but if it would be another, then another girl for sure. Men dont turn me on at all even though I sure can appreciate a good looking man.
I was probably gay in another life :p

fetishdj
07-15-2008, 04:01 AM
Why is it cool to be bi? Well, I know for a fact that Bi girls can go around feeling up and looking at women in ways which would get a straight man slapped or punched :)

Seriously... I think some of the so called bi's are bi curious and, in many cases, possibly doing what many men do and lying about thier conquests to get more attention. Bi is a difficult one to call as it encompasses so many 'inbetween states' in the same way as 'switch' does and so the definitions we use get confused. As stated earlier, you can break the definition of 'Bi' into so many sub groupings, possibly ad infinitum.

I am not bi. I have kissed a man and seen a man's genitals close up. These may be construed as 'homosexual activities' by some therefore making me 'bi'. However, I know that I had absolutely no sexual feelings during either encounter. I will do bi things as part of a scene if commanded to do so (in fact, the Mistress I occasionally physically session with has intimated that this may happen soon) but I will not get any sexual feelings from it.

As for the Ancient Greeks... that is an interesting cultural thing and something we lost because the Romans were able to stamp Christian morals over the entire world. Their attitudes to women were somewhat brutal, however... seeing them as useful for nothing other than procreation. What interests me about this is that one of our closest animal relatives, the Bonobo Chimpanzee, has a social structure based almost entirely on sex. Bonobos of both genders have sex with each other a lot, often as a form of greeting ritual (imagine that, in an interview or business meeting... 'Hello Mr Smith, pleased to meet you. Just give me a second to get my trousers off and we can say hello properly' :) ). Dogs (and I think wolves as well) use sex as a domination thing - the alpha male mounts the lesser males in the pack to demonstrate his dominance and some behaviourists suggest this as a means to show a dog that you are in charge, by standing behind them and holding your groin to their behind).

TomOfSweden
07-15-2008, 04:25 AM
It's always cool to have more options available.

thrall
07-15-2008, 04:47 AM
I was wondering more if the girls you are talking about think more along the lines of

its cool to be bad........

im not saying that in a negative way........just the idea of being a ...bad girl.... may be an attraction of its own....

TomOfSweden
07-15-2008, 05:06 AM
I've never had a girlfriend/wife that wasn't. I personally can't imagine not being at least bi-curious. I don't think I really can imagine what pure mono-gender attraction would be like. I mean.... nah. No, idea.

I like it when my wife positively comments on a hot chick we see in the street. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Its just one more example that her cup is half-full.... Yeah... that's why bi-sexuality beats straightness! It feels more like an embrace of life.

Bi-chicks rock!!!

WyldWyl
07-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Why is it currently trendy to be bi if you're a female? I don't know- I think a lot of self-proclaimedly bisexual girls (of my age group and lower) are just doing it for attention or to be rebellious. I'd like to make a nice positive statement about young women owning their sexuality and not being bound by outdated morality and social convention, but I don't think that's true.

The more interesting question to me right now is that of why, given the fashionable status of female bisexuality, is it not cool for men to be bi? Taking myself for example. I consider myself pan-sexual or gender-blind in my approach to my sexuality; attracted to people regardless of their sex or if their gender matches up to it, but the functional result could be said to be bisexuality- in simplistic terms.

I'd like to think that my willingness to be open-minded and accepted was laudible and cool, but it seems not to be the case. Rather, most people -outside of the bdsm community, seem to be if not disgusted then at least disturbed by my sexuality. I do wish more guys were open to trying it, but I think that's 15-20 years down the road.

Oh well, I guess I didn't add much to this, but I wanted to say something.

Hime
07-31-2008, 11:24 AM
After various conversations over the last few days with friends of mine, Ive been pondering the following.

Why do bi girls (the majority) flaunt it like it's cool, as if it makes them more special.
A girl I know is very proud from having slept with what she claims to be most of the girls she knows in the scene in her hometown.
If I were to knock that on its head and be proud of sleeping with all the males in my hometown... not so cool but slutty.

Also, why do so many girls in the scene claim to be bi, I understand that scene folk are more open minded and open to more experiences but I have yet to meet a female submissive that is not bisexual, I find this hard to believe.

It's cool because we get to sleep with hot, sexy men AND hot, sexy women. The same reason why it's cool to be a switch -- and I should know, being both. :cool:

Seriously -- yeah, there are a lot of young women who want to be bi because it seems rebellious or gets guys' attention. Personally, I don't know if I "flaunt" my sexuality any more than most hetero people I know do -- I love both my husband and my girlfriend (we're poly; I'm not cheating), and I don't have any desire to hide my feelings for either of them. I do want people to know that I'm bi, mostly because how will I find partners if people don't know what I like? ;)

As for being "slutty," frankly I'm proud of all the men *and* women I've been with. The people I've played with have all been special and interesting in their own ways, and I wouldn't do something if I wasn't going to own it and be proud of it. I don't see anything to be ashamed of.

One thing I don't understand, though: why do people think it's sexier for a submissive woman with a dominant male partner to be bi, when obviously it would be subbie-er and kinkier for her to not be bi, but be willing to do it anyway for the excitement of her Dom?

The more interesting question to me right now is that of why, given the fashionable status of female bisexuality, is it not cool for men to be bi? Taking myself for example. I consider myself pan-sexual or gender-blind in my approach to my sexuality; attracted to people regardless of their sex or if their gender matches up to it, but the functional result could be said to be bisexuality- in simplistic terms.

In general it is definitely harder for bi guys. I think a big part of it is that during the height of AIDS hysteria, a lot of media sources made it seem like the easiest way for a woman to get HIV was to sleep with a man who was also sleeping with me. Also, the gay male subculture can be kind of exclusive at times and isn't really accepting of bi men, which my bi male friends tell me makes it hard to find partners.

Personally, though, I love bi guys. I think they're pretty much the hottest, probably for the same reasons that a lot of straight men think bi women are.

Hime
07-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh and also -- for what it's worth, I'm also really bothered by the whole kinky status game. Mostly because, despite being all bi and stuff, I'm really pretty rubbish as a submissive (I generally prefer the term "challenging"). Even if your kink is about being property and being shown off, there are ways to do that that don't put down other people's relationships and preferences.

Flaming_Redhead
07-31-2008, 12:21 PM
It's a very common male fantasy to not only be able to watch 2 beautiful women together but also be able to participate. In the competitive BDSM dating arena where there are more submissives than dominants, I suspect these girls are just agreeable to doing whatever they think gives them an edge and are not actually bisexual. I, myself, enjoy a little naughty flirting among friends now and then, but I don't consider myself bi or even bi-curious. Curious about what?! I've experimented. I'm completely hetero. I would never dream of running away from Daddy to be with a woman or suggest that he bring another woman into the relationship, but if he ever wants me to perform with one, I won't refuse.

crazy_grrluk
07-31-2008, 01:53 PM
I call it the best of both worlds.

I dont broadcast the fact that I am bi.. nor do I brag about how many women I have slept with. being bi is part of who I am.

Men find it highly erotic watching 2 women together as some women find it erotic watching 2 men together. it is just part and parcel of being human. They might not participate but they are curious.

hopperboo
07-31-2008, 02:01 PM

I'm certainly not bisexual, but I some think it's 'cool' because it's showing that some people can 'have it all.'

I decline to comment any further...even though I want to.

hopperboo
07-31-2008, 02:08 PM
I like it when my wife positively comments on a hot chick we see in the street. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Its just one more example that her cup is half-full.... Yeah... that's why bi-sexuality beats straightness! It feels more like an embrace of life.
One can think women are hot and not be bisexual....

I think some women are freaking gorgeous...and do I look? Yes.

One can embrace life and still...actually choose one person to love for the rest of your life without sleeping with everyone that is attractive.

That's just my opinion though.

crazy_grrluk
07-31-2008, 02:16 PM
long before I met Master I used to be part of a bi couple. and we would walk down the street giving peoples asses x amount out of 10 LOL used to be a fun game we played. also to add to that we used to ask each other... would you do him or her LMAO

Hime
07-31-2008, 02:59 PM
One can embrace life and still...actually choose one person to love for the rest of your life without sleeping with everyone that is attractive.

That's just my opinion though.

I don't really know where to start with this.

First of all, being bi doesn't mean that you can't be monogamous. You can be bisexual and only sleep with one person for your whole life, if you want. Or you can be a virgin, just like you can be straight or gay and be a virgin.

Even if you do have experience with both genders, that's not anything like "sleeping with everyone that is attractive." Having multiple partners over the course of one's life doesn't in any way imply having no standards of commitment. You can be bi, have experience with both, and not be a totally indiscriminate fucking machine.

And even if a person does have multiple partners in their life, if they want to "choose one person to love" they still can. It is possible to sleep around and then "settle down" and be monogamous. It is also possible to have a sexually open relationship and still only be in love with one person in a long-term committed relationship.

Honestly, though, I don't see what's so great about only loving one person.

long before I met Master I used to be part of a bi couple. and we would walk down the street giving peoples asses x amount out of 10 LOL used to be a fun game we played. also to add to that we used to ask each other... would you do him or her LMAO

D. and I do this kind of thing all the time. It's good fun. :)

hopperboo
07-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that all bisexuals run around....

Honestly, though, I don't see what's so great about only loving one person.

To each their own. Multiple partners is not for me.

Shwenn
08-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Drives me mad.

Let me tell you this, there is nothing the least bit interesting about perfection. Perfection is actually exquisitely boring.

I love the show Project Runway. They get these weird challenges where they have to do stuff like make a dress using garbage and whetever they can buy in a craft store with ten dollars. And they make awsome dresses. Then they get a huge budget and they can make anything they want and every single person makes crap.

Don't give me everything. Put me in a box. Give me restrictions to fight against. That is where beauty comes from. That is how beauty is born.

It's odd that people who claim to be such perfect bdsm'ers have a fundamental misapprehension of "Screw the roses, give me the thorns."

Perfect people can shove their perfect lives up their perfect asses, for all I care. They aren't even interesting enough to annoy me.

Ozme52
08-01-2008, 11:14 AM

LMAO. Of course. :wave:

Yes, we probably think it's hot because we love looking at women and two at a time is twice as nice...

And yes, we probably believe that if two (bi) women are into each other, maybe, just maybe, they might indulge me in one of my fantasies... and turn bi- into tri-

Which is also especially pleasing to me as dominant... to be attended to by two...

Of course, I'm not adverse to returning the favor... I know a dominant I wouldn't mind co-pleasing submissives with. ;)

<<== No double standards here!

Ozme52
08-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Missing out on the best parts... legs, ass, and everthing inbetween... :rolleyes:

But I basically believe everyone is basically bi, otherwise cultures like the ancient Greek could not have been established.

As for the male bi crowd: For some reason admitting to being bi brings worse prejudice/disapproval to men than it does to women, at least in our culture. So I don´t think every man who is bi will walk around and proclaim it.

All true. I suspect it was more acceptable among men in ancient times than among women... and it's just that that pendulum has swung... and will probably swing back someday.

Ozme52
08-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Please continue I am finding this debate rather stimulating. LOL.

Sort of "doubly" so?

I'm arranging fantasy pairings this very moment. :cool:

Ozme52
08-01-2008, 11:25 AM

*perk* :D

Ozme52
08-01-2008, 11:32 AM
It matters because the girls who caused me to post in the first place are friends of mine, as are their dominants, people I spend time with in the scene, at clubs and in vanilla situations.

It annoys me because many conversations and activities are driven towards who had done what, with whom and how many times and it tests my patience once in a while.
since I'm not overly competitive, or brag about what I do and with whom I tend to get bored.

Just human nature and your dom was right, just don't let it bother you.

It could be worse... there will come a time that all your acquaintances will start to brag on how much medication they take, how many hospital visits they've had, and all the operations they've endured.

People like to play one-up and if the lifestyle is the most important thing in their life... well, like I said... it could be worse. LOL

Ozme52
08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I think that most girls are bi for two reasons, one, women are more comfortable with there sexuality then men (as a majority on both sides)

I think I disagree. My experience is it's the other way around... but that may be because you see a different side of the street than I do... I guess it's all in the perspective.

and two, some women just think thats what men want so they will be that to be more appealing I really don't get it.

I have met quite a few guys though that if you get them drunk enough so that there inhabition go they actually will suck a little bit or what not.

That's the ultimate definition, imo, of bi-curious. Not willing to admit it but definitely curious enough to do it if they can claim they were (or actually are) drunk enough to not remember.

Ozme52
08-01-2008, 11:44 AM
In the competitive BDSM dating arena where there are more submissives than dominants, I suspect these girls are just agreeable to doing whatever they think gives them an edge and are not actually bisexual.

LMAO Red... I just want to say "Let the games begin!!"

(great post)

I, myself, enjoy a little naughty flirting among friends now and then, but I don't consider myself bi or even bi-curious. Curious about what?! I've experimented. I'm completely hetero. I would never dream of running away from Daddy to be with a woman or suggest that he bring another woman into the relationship, but if he ever wants me to perform with one, I won't refuse.

Ahhh, performance art! :icon176:

Ozme52
08-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Interesting topic eh?

Certainly got my attention. :hubba:

NewSub1988
08-01-2008, 12:09 PM
i agree, i have run into several "bisexuals" that are willing to say so just to get the attention. but are they really bi?

Hime
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Which is also especially pleasing to me as dominant... to be attended to by two...

Of course, I'm not adverse to returning the favor... I know a dominant I wouldn't mind co-pleasing submissives with. ;)

<<== No double standards here!

As a submissive, one of my favorite things is being co-Dommed by two people -- I guess everybody likes being the center of attention. :D

darkbutterfly
08-04-2008, 09:43 AM
I think its several things, I part of it is being adventurous and wanting to seem willing to be sexually open and into experimentation, the "nobody likes a prude in bed" thing i guess, and also women want attention, to appear desirable, sexy and flirtatious and what better way to do that than to be willing to fulfill one the biggest male fantasies ever?

Also i think societally speaking, we're way more open about our sexuality and whatnot so people are willing to discuss it, but after a while it begins to become a big competition and I don't play those games. Wastes time, emotions and energy and those are saved for my Owner :)

I am bi- but I was bi before it was cool...lol and I'm not the "i just want to have sex with a girl" bi, I'm the 'I dated a girl for two years and was madly in love with her,' type of bi lol. Would I have sex with a girl now? If my Owner wanted me too, but I believe that there should be a relationship before you have sex, but I'd gladly enjoy it for him :)

pervertedpages
08-13-2008, 04:34 PM
I hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but "why is it cool to be bi" and the language some of us are using to talk about this -- "claiming" to be bisexual, "flaunting," "so-called," -- is exhibiting the kind of mistrust for sexual minorities that I've heard from the moral majority my whole life. As a sexually submissive bisexual woman, I just want to make sure this thread has a little bit of comfort for bisexual women who have also been on the receiving end of such mistrust for their sexuality. Hell, I know you're not talking to /me/ because I'm not in your scene, nor do I run around kissing women for pretend funsies. But I can't helped but feel that old familiar feeling because this kind of conversation happens all the time and I can never do anything but squirm because it's hard to articulate why it makes me feel so uncomfortable.

I live in a mostly queer world, among young, over-educated queer men and women who think of themselves as being more liberal in that holistic lifestyle way, not just politics. But I've gotten just as much bullshit from them about my sexuality as I have from people who aren't part of my community -- and it looks as though I'm seeing a little bit of that here. I'm not trying to say some women don't want to ramp up their bi-ness because it makes them seem more alluring. Bisexual women are, in fact, pretty damn alluring so it would make sense, and it would make sense that you would observe this and find something amiss. I think a good question to ask, besides asking "are they even really bi?" is why is it somehow more warranted to call into question a bi girl's sexuality than a heterosexual man who flaunts how many women he's been with, or a lesbian who talks about getting laid a lot? Do we wonder if all promiscuous gay men are just thinking about cock because it makes them seem more attractive to other men, or cooler, or more alluring? Here's something most people can agree with: being "out" about your sexuality, unless you're a straight vanilla male (and even then, who knows?), is hard. Full stop. It takes courage and a lot of balls and I think a good common goal would be fostering a community of respect around this. I've been on the receiving end of all of that craziness -- I'll call it mistrust or skepticism -- concerning my sexuality, including "bi-town on the way to gayville" (which goes doubly for men; no one, het or homo, believes in the bisexual male, which is fucking annoying).

That's the thing, some people don't believe we even exist. And the idea that we might exist, but can't possibly exist in such numbers seems, to me, to be just an extension of that. My journey to accepting my bisexuality (it seemed easier for me to call myself a lesbian for a while) has made it as much a part of my political identity as my sexual one. There is no need, in a world as fucked up and hedonistic as ours, and in communities filled with sexual deviants like mine, for little bi boys and girls to go around feeling like they can't quite fit in. And I'm not saying it's not okay to be frustrated with the girls in your scene, I'm just saying, this is really only adding to the atmosphere that fucks with bisexual/queer/whathaveyou identity and development. It may seem like, goddamn those bisekshuals are takin' over the world! But at the end of the day I'm still getting threats for people to "rape me straight" and it's a felony to have sex with who I want to have sex with in my state. It may seem like it's cool to be bi, but it certainly ain't easy.

We are human, we like sex. And especially for people into "the scene," we're preoccupied enough with sex that we seek it out in specialized ways. So why shouldn't we talk about who and how and why we fuck, same-sexed or otherwise?

I hope this wasn't too long or needlessly defensive. I just wanted to put another voice out there.

pervertedpages
08-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow, so I just read some really great responses on the second page to this thread and now feel as though my response seems a little more serious than it needs to be.. I promise that I've had fun or laughed before in my life! I'm just like the Queer Hulk, only instead of green, I sense heteronormativity, turn a brilliant shade of rainbow, and RAAAAGE. <blush>

WyldWyl
08-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Wow, so I just read some really great responses on the second page to this thread and now feel as though my response seems a little more serious than it needs to be.. I promise that I've had fun or laughed before in my life! I'm just like the Queer Hulk, only instead of green, I sense heteronormativity, turn a brilliant shade of rainbow, and RAAAAGE. <blush>

I wouldn't worry about it. I know exactly how you feel- as a bi guy I'm often excluded from the gay community, and in my experience the broader queer community as well. I don't know what it's like for everyone else, but certainly with my experiences say, with the university queer groups, whilst female bi or curious people were excepted, as the only male bisexual in the group I was marginalised and mocked during my entire time with them. (I think not being a latte lefty didn't help, either...) Then again, I was also scorned for being openly kinky- we have the least fun queers ever -sigh-.

But you're right to an extent, P-pages (do you mind if I call you that? too late if not.) that in taking bisexuals as a subject in the discussion it could make some of us feel relegated to the role of a curiosity or quirk. I know that wasn't the intent, though. It is frustrating to find yourself in that situation in your general life.

What's it like for bi girls? Do lesbians or straight people not trust you either? Do you find people discriminate against you, in either the queer or hetero community? I'm just curious, I guess.

DowntownAmber
08-13-2008, 09:43 PM
pervertedpages: I actually looked at this from entirely the opposite angle - that, frankly, it's annoying and hurtful when people "claim" to be bi to ramp up their allure because THAT is an insult to the folks that actually are. It's like throwing leather on and claiming to be a Dom or getting spanked once in awhile and claiming to be sub. Sure, being kinky may turn some heads but does it make you part of The Lifestyle a lot of us cherish? When people raise an eyebrow at the false Doms and subs out there I guess I don't feel threatened so much as glad they're paying attention. Am I missing the boat here?

pervertedpages
08-13-2008, 10:39 PM
I've had a problem with queer student groups too, WyldWyl. Ours, however, has weekly topics and when the local BDSM group comes in for demonstrations, it's always the biggest meeting of the year (that, and "the bisexual meeting," wherein everyone gets drunk beforehand and screams at each other because every year there's one person, without fail, who manages to squeak out 'I just don't see how someone could like pussy AND dick,' before he vomits).

I'm sorry that you experienced what you did among the gay community, and I've definitely seen first hand just how dismissive and mocking people are towards men who identify as bisexual. And it's true that half the gay men I know today came out as bi first, so that whenever any man says they're bisexual, they all roll their eyes in that "been there, done that," way. It's strange that we're part of a community that is on the forefront of academic theory and always spouts all of these inclusive terminologies (LGBT or queer over homosexual, the ideas of sexuality as a spectrum, genderqueer/genderfucking) but somehow it's just as exclusionary and orthodox as the shit we work so hard to undermine.

I find that bisexual girls who want to be "taken seriously" by the queer orthodoxy (lol at stupid terms I'm coining) around here just try to play down the "sex" part of their sexuality. They say things like "I love people, not plumbing" or try to play up that they are open-minded rather than sexually attracted to both men and women. And that's totally cool, and being wide open is a great way to live your life. And I did it, too, but eventually I realized that no, it's not that I'm just floating around all ethereal and equal-opportunity. I want to fuck women, and I want to fuck men (women moreso, and I have not had very much experience with men, but that doesn't mean that I don't actually have dirty, nasty thoughts about them too). And sometimes I want to fuck trans men or women, but have not wanted to fuck a genderfluid person so describing myself as pansexual just seems like a lie, though a rather enticing lie. Point being, I think many bi girls who are serious/active in the community try to find other terms to describe themselves. And maybe it's that they don't want a label, but I suspect it's because deep down we don't want THAT label; we don't want to inherit a label that's so loaded and feels somehow less valid. Bisexual-identified me tried for so long to make friends with this inner circle of beautiful, sapphic lesbianity but was only admitted once I had a girlfriend and stopped correcting people when they called me a lesbian (even now, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't -- try explaining "politically bisexual" as your identity every time your orientation comes up, lol). The idea that I had "proven myself" as a real lesbian turned me off and to this day I don't have many close lesbian friends at school. 'Course, I still love lesbians :) - nothing for it but to love women who love women.

So, to answer your question, after another embarrassingly long post, I guess bi girls experience all the same mistrust as bi guys, it's just that you probably get more flack from gay males and I get more flack from gay females. And you boys do have it worse, in my opinion, just because the disbelief/dismissive factor is ramped up more, and gay sex is still seen as taboo whereas lesbian sex -- not relationships, or between real people just female-female genitalia -- is much more widely depicted and accepted as "hot." Targeted, actual malice ('I don't date/trust/like bi girls because Bi Girl X did Y to me') I've found more within the queer community, but that might just be because we feel more able to talk freely amongst ourselves than a straight person busting in and hating on us :) Usually I experience the mistrust outside of the context of people who are hyper-tuned to sexual identity as an issue (so either straight people or just any people who aren't doing "queer" things like being at a queer meeting or in a class or something), so that people will just start talking about bisexuals as greedy or confused or needing to get it over with and come out, already. Just normal, over-a-few-drinks conversations where everyone somehow finds it acceptable to say things like that... Eh. Whaddaya gonna do.

p.s. Latte lefty? How delightful. Disparaging, I'm sure, but there's something to be said for owning up for my own bourgeois sense of progressivism, lol.

pervertedpages
08-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Downtown Amber --

I guess I just came from a place of being hurt because all the comments about bi fakery are things that I've heard and continue to hear as a part of general anti-bi sentiments. Especially since the anger against bi fakery is really just, these girls are acting slutty and therefore bisexual, and I hate that connection in general. It felt like the same thinly veiled mistrust -- how far is "Why is it so cool to be bi?" from the moms and dads and televangelists who tell their kids that there's no such thing as homosexuality, it's just a phase/fad/something "in" these days? I think the idea in general that we're questioning people about their sexual identity (or that they should "prove it" somehow) is already a little bit of shaky ground to stand on. Sure, it would piss me off if someone wanted to get boys by kissing girls. But honestly, I'm not that person, and I have no idea what they actually think or feel. And so the only actual difference that my being pissed off is putting out into the world is a contribution to the sense that many people are "faking" it. It just makes me uncomfortable, that's all. I'm not mad at people for being mad, I'm just saying, there's got to be some people who are willing to say HEY yes it's annoying but this is potentially not constructive, and let's think about some further implications.

With the dom/sub wannabe thing.. Eh. Aside from the fact that I'd be hard pressed to accurately claim the "true" BDSM or "Lifestyle" ideals, it's the same with me. I don't feel threatened by people doing whatever it is they're doing, be it in cheap leather or otherwise. I think they're silly, yeah, sure. But also I think, perhaps they'll find their way into something more, or perhaps this is enough for them, and, like you said, at least we're getting a little mainstream exposure. It's the same way with this bi-fakery issue. There's nothing about a girl kissing a girl who doesn't like to kiss girls that makes me like kissing girls any less. Hope that makes sense :)

WyldWyl
08-14-2008, 04:43 AM
p.s. Latte lefty? How delightful. Disparaging, I'm sure, but there's something to be said for owning up for my own bourgeois sense of progressivism, lol.

You can be progressive without sleeping with a copy of Das Kapital under your pillow, is all. :P

Masterop_99
08-14-2008, 04:54 AM
wel, yes as a Master I like to watch at two girls making out or better playng. But this is not why I am always asking a girl whether she is bi or not. The reason is that, based on my experience, girls whith a bi attitude are more playfull and more prone to make experiences with respect to straight girl. Going to men, yes they usually reject the possibility of being bi but I agree with whom is noticing the bi guy are the hottest...at least inmy experience. Good luck.

Shwenn
08-14-2008, 07:39 AM
I hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but "why is it cool to be bi" and the language some of us are using to talk about this -- "claiming" to be bisexual, "flaunting," "so-called," -- is exhibiting the kind of mistrust for sexual minorities that I've heard from the moral majority my whole life. As a sexually submissive bisexual woman, I just want to make sure this thread has a little bit of comfort for bisexual women who have also been on the receiving end of such mistrust for their sexuality. Hell, I know you're not talking to /me/ because I'm not in your scene, nor do I run around kissing women for pretend funsies. But I can't helped but feel that old familiar feeling because this kind of conversation happens all the time and I can never do anything but squirm because it's hard to articulate why it makes me feel so uncomfortable.

I haven't done it on this thread but I use that language.

I want you to know that it isn't an expression of disrespect for actual bisexuals. I do it out of respect for actual bisexuals.

I think it is demeaning to actual bisexuals when you call yourself a bisexual because you are a woman who is willing to fuck another woman for the benefit of some man. If you do that, you are "claiming" to be bisexual. You are "flaunting," and you are the very essence of "so-called."

Your sexuality is about whom you feel romantic love for. Romantic love is a very powerful, very intense, very life changing things. And it is at the very heart of sexuality.

I really dislike it when people reduce sexuality to fucking. It bothers me as much when people can only think of gay men in terms of butt fucking. I think there a whole lot more to being gay than butt sex.

I just find it demeaning to love.

If you will only fuck a woman for your man, you are straight. It's a judgement call but I'm making it. If this is what you do and you have the audacity to call yourself bisexual, you are "so-called". I accuse every one of those people of being "so-called". And that has nothing to do with you or who you love or the respect I will have for your love.

I just wanted to be clear about that.

pervertedpages
08-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Your sexuality is about whom you feel romantic love for.
I really dislike it when people reduce sexuality to fucking.

Hopefully I figured out how to use the quoting system right.

Let me start off by saying perhaps your sexuality is about whom you feel romantic love for. My sexuality is about who and how and when and why I want to fuck, thank you. Wrapped in with this is who I love, if I love, because often when I love someone I want to fuck them. But perhaps not, love and sex are strange things. I really dislike it when people tell me things, anything, about my sexuality, so we're even. As for the gay comment: if you really feel that all my posts (which I have been sheepish about, until now) are just here to make more reductionary statements then I can't help you. I brought up the question of gay men in the context of every other sexuality and why we don't question them; it was to make a point about why we think this is okay to do for bisexuals and not anyone else, not to reduce gay men to buttfucking. But, as an extension to that, I also really feel that the LGBT community has to self-sanitize a lot of things for wider consumption -- bear with me here, it's a tangent, of course -- because when people think of "homosexuals" what they see and what they hear is often reduced to just that, sex. To try and get some respectability we try not to talk about it, use safe rhetoric like "we're just normal people too, why are you so fascinated about what's happening in the bedroom?" This is true, but that doesn't mean buttsex doesn't happen, lol. The queer rights movement has moved into a trend of this sort of "we're just like you please don't hate us" defense, but I'd like more than tolerance on the basis that we live and love just as other humans do; it presupposes that I have to justify my humanity in the first place. And I'm just tired of having to act like sex doesn't happen in order to have my sexuality valued (this is talking about sexuality in terms of gaining acceptance in the greater world, but also apparently me and you). So that's the reason why I specifically talk about sex if I want to talk about sex, because I can and should. I didn't say anything against love, just for sex, so that's a distinction I make about whether my sexuality being about sex somehow demeans love (it doesn't, but if you choose to respect my sexuality only if I love someone, whaddaya gonna do).

All I wanted out of my original post was to put this discussion of sexuality in perspective with a broader one that is not as accepting as this online community, because the parallels made me uncomfortable, even though I knew no one was doing it on purpose. I would argue that the parallels of mistrust for "bisexuals"-in-quotation-marks is echoing and helping the kind of dubiousness and disingenuousness-filled rhetoric that surrounds the queer community in general (at least in America). And I think it is rooted in that same counter-productive and oppressive place, whether we realize it or not. That is no one's fault -- we're fed seemingly-innocent things like this all the time, like how referring to it as "gay marriage" instead of "equal human rights" makes Middle America think of two dudes fucking instead of people people uniting through love, and consequently they vote for a marriage amendment. It sounds so simple and infuriating because it is. Not thinking about when or why or if our thoughts or terms of usage become framed/loaded/game schema'd can only hurt us, as melodramatic as that sounds. It's important, at least to me, to think about who and why we question, especially about their sexuality, because when we think it's okay to do something it's probably because we've been told that it's okay, and probably for a specific purpose. I literally just wanted to bring that up because it made me crazy that no one was saying it. I don't know what you got out of it, but it certainly wasn't that, and for that I apologize. I can't help but be apologetic every time I post here because all I'm doing is hijacking this post and then defending what I said because I wasn't articulate enough to pull it off the first go 'round. I regret that I am not as succinct as you are, Shwenn.

I understand that perhaps you are talking down to people who call themselves bisexual out of respect for actual bisexual people. This is not a viewpoint that I had thought of beforehand, and I actually appreciate it (as well as DowntownAmber for bringing it up last night). In response I can only say: as an actual bisexual person, I don't find this any more or less respectful than any other action, nor of any particular use, so I just don't get it. Saying someone might "have the audacity" to call themselves bisexual when they are not (and feeling the need to be angry/put them in their place by calling them "so-called") makes it seem like bisexuality is some pure, high state of being that gets sullied somehow by too many people misusing it. My qualm is not with the fact that people have different criteria for whether or not someone is bisexual and can rule people in or out of this category in their brains. It's that questioning or belittling or mistrusting any actual person who claims they are bisexual, even if they are not truly bisexual, does not do anything positive for the world. Even if it seems like we need to be defenders of the true faith, perhaps keeping out the not-truly-bi riffraff, I still say that someone else acting on their own sexuality, whether or not I think it is valid, does nothing to devalue my own. I don't know why it would devalue anyone else's or otherwise be a perceivable detriment besides proprietary annoyance (which is totally allowed, btw). This argument is not the intention of my post, but apparently the intention of the thread that I missed the first time, and this is the best way that I can process and respond to it. What are we, worried about street cred, here?

In closing, I'm sorry again to everyone who had to see these huge blocks of very unfun text in an otherwise fun place, or felt as though I was attacking them. I don't even usually post on forums because they make me nervous, lol, so I'm going to run away now and stop saying the same shit over and over :P Until, of course, I can pithy my life back up. I hope I made some sense, Shwenn, and I'll stop wasting the internet now. :)

Shwenn
08-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Hopefully I figured out how to use the quoting system right.

Let me start off by saying perhaps your sexuality is about whom you feel romantic love for. My sexuality is about who and how and when and why I want to fuck, thank you. Wrapped in with this is who I love, if I love, because often when I love someone I want to fuck them. But perhaps not, love and sex are strange things. I really dislike it when people tell me things, anything, about my sexuality, so we're even.

We disagree about that and that is fine. We can disagree. I'm glad people disagree with me. That's what makes life interesting. I'm not happy about how personally you've taken this. I certainly hope you don't feel you shouldn't disagree with me ever again.

My point was only to explain that I don't feel that bisexuality is inherently dubious. Some expressions of it are.

As for the gay comment: if you really feel that all my posts (which I have been sheepish about, until now) are just here to make more reductionary statements then I can't help you. I brought up the question of gay men in the context of every other sexuality and why we don't question them; it was to make a point about why we think this is okay to do for bisexuals and not anyone else, not to reduce gay men to buttfucking.

That wasn't directed at you. I don't think you reduced it to butt fucking. There are people who reduce male homosexuality to butt fucking and I take issue with that. Period.

This is true, but that doesn't mean buttsex doesn't happen, lol. The queer rights movement has moved into a trend of this sort of "we're just like you please don't hate us" defense, but I'd like more than tolerance on the basis that we live and love just as other humans do; it presupposes that I have to justify my humanity in the first place. And I'm just tired of having to act like sex doesn't happen in order to have my sexuality valued (this is talking about sexuality in terms of gaining acceptance in the greater world, but also apparently me and you). So that's the reason why I specifically talk about sex if I want to talk about sex, because I can and should. I didn't say anything against love, just for sex, so that's a distinction I make about whether my sexuality being about sex somehow demeans love (it doesn't, but if you choose to respect my sexuality only if I love someone, whaddaya gonna do).

Look, if you are not capable of romantic love with a woman and are only capable of romantic love with a man, I call that straight. If such a person were also capable of fucking a woman she but could never love a woman romantically, I would call that homophilia or something like that. Like, there is no such thing as necrosexuality since nobody will be able to love a corpse. All you would want to do it fuck it.

I can't help but be apologetic every time I post here because all I'm doing is hijacking this post and then defending what I said because I wasn't articulate enough to pull it off the first go 'round. I regret that I am not as succinct as you are, Shwenn.

Stop apologising. If we are open and honest with each other about what we think, if we try to stop ourselves getting defensive (and we're all subject to feeling that way) or needing agreement, only then can we come to any sort of understanding.

I understand that perhaps you are talking down to people who call themselves bisexual out of respect for actual bisexual people. This is not a viewpoint that I had thought of beforehand, and I actually appreciate it (as well as DowntownAmber for bringing it up last night). In response I can only say: as an actual bisexual person, I don't find this any more or less respectful than any other action, nor of any particular use, so I just don't get it. Saying someone might "have the audacity" to call themselves bisexual when they are not (and feeling the need to be angry/put them in their place by calling them "so-called") makes it seem like bisexuality is some pure, high state of being that gets sullied somehow by too many people misusing it. My qualm is not with the fact that people have different criteria for whether or not someone is bisexual and can rule people in or out of this category in their brains. It's that questioning or belittling or mistrusting any actual person who claims they are bisexual, even if they are not truly bisexual, does not do anything positive for the world. Even if it seems like we need to be defenders of the true faith, perhaps keeping out the not-truly-bi riffraff, I still say that someone else acting on their own sexuality, whether or not I think it is valid, does nothing to devalue my own. I don't know why it would devalue anyone else's or otherwise be a perceivable detriment besides proprietary annoyance (which is totally allowed, btw). This argument is not the intention of my post, but apparently the intention of the thread that I missed the first time, and this is the best way that I can process and respond to it. What are we, worried about street cred, here?

In closing, I'm sorry again to everyone who had to see these huge blocks of very unfun text in an otherwise fun place, or felt as though I was attacking them. I don't even usually post on forums because they make me nervous, lol, so I'm going to run away now and stop saying the same shit over and over :P Until, of course, I can pithy my life back up. I hope I made some sense, Shwenn, and I'll stop wasting the internet now. :)

I can't even make a point anymore. I am really sorry that I made you feel so attacked. That was so completely not my intention. I recognize that I make my points like a runaway freight train. It really does bother me when I see that my posting style has caused somebody real distress. I owe you an apology.

I really felt no ill will or anger or distaste for you at all when I made my post. I was just throwing ideas into the ether. I did it carelessly and thoughtlessly and I truly do feel bad that it made you feel the way it did.

I can only hope that it doesn't deter you from sharing your thoughts and ideas here in the future. I would hate myself if I had that effect on anybody.

pervertedpages
08-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I felt pretty attacked, but only because each line seemed to have something to do with something I had said. Especially the gay sex line, since was precisely the opposite of what I was trying to get across, and you making it seemed as though it was in reference to my post. Glad to know it wasn't.

I'll go ahead and say that I'm pretty much the most apologetic person in the world, so it's not even as though I was apologizing to you specifically, I just.. do that when I throw out opinions I feel strongly about. Thing about being Catholic and Asian is, you get guilty. :) And I honestly wasn't that affected by you, it's just that the nature about my feelings on these issues is pretty strong and so is going to sound kind of defensive. Actually, feeling like your post was meant towards me gave me an extra opportunity to get back up on my soapbox about terminology framing and clarify my thoughts for myself, so only good came of it from my end. It doesn't seem like anything that I actually had to say was communicated past your own need for me to stop apologizing, but that's fine. I'll keep sharing my thoughts and then keep making jokes about "wasting the internet" because that's what I do when I get self-conscious about talking too much. It happens, it'll keep happening.

I once saw a documentary about a man who was in a serious, loving online relationship, and then he realized that he was actually just in love with his iBook. So then the iBook and he dated for a while. Ultimately, it didn't work out but they're still friends. Wacky, mostly joking example of times when people feel real emotion for shit you and I wouldn't classify as in the realm of possibility for love. He didn't fuck his iBook, but he cried when they broke up... lol. Love? Sex? What?

Shwenn
08-15-2008, 09:08 AM
I did understand what you were trying to say and I do appreciate where you are coming from. I just didn't care. All I could really care about was how attacked I had made you feel. Until that was cleared up, the label discussion was irrelevant to me.

How you treat people is very important. I feel strongly about that. That is truly the basis of my problem with the whole bisexuality thing. People's hearts and emotions do get very wrapped up in sex. I think you should be very careful about other people's hearts.

I see, regularly, that 'so-called' bisexuals are quite careless with 'actual' bisexuals and lesbians.

I do think it is possible to have sex without love where nobody gets hurt. But, just because you aren't interested in love doesn't mean that's how the situation is going to play out. If somebody thinks there is a possibility you might love them and that is not true, they are in a very precarious situation.

I see a lot of callousness. I also see it in a lot of purely straight women who have male friends. They know he loves her but pretend it's just a friendship. They pretend to be unaware of all the possibilities he thinks exist but truly don't.

It just seems to me that, if you had compassion for others, you wouldn't call yourself a bisexual if the possibility of love didn't exist. You wouldn't talk about labels, you would only care about making sure the other person didn't harbor secret, impossible hopes.

That's what really bothers me about it. I don't put bisexuals on a pedestal. I don't put anybody on a pedestal. I think we're all retards. Different groups tend to be retarded in different ways but we're all retarded.

Dan Savage has something called the 'campsite rule'. Whatever sexual relationship you get into, the golen rule is the campsite rule. Do everything in your power to make sure the person is as good or better off than when you found them.

It is possible that my experiences have not been representative of how these people really are. But, my experiences do cause me to think that these women who call themselves bisexual but could never love a woman are the kinds of people who leave trash and smoldering fire.

denuseri
08-15-2008, 09:18 AM
It's not just us girls that can be bi, there is a bunch of guys out there too, i dont know what the big deal is , i allready said my peace earlier, to be honest it sounds as if some people are wanting to make some distinctions that would be discriminatory regarding thier sexuality, what about all the married men out there that run around being in sex only relationships with other men?

all i am saying is to stereotype us is a rather narrow minded point of view, its like me saying all doms just want doormatts and only the doms that dont say thier doms are the real ones etc

annie
08-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I have read through the majority of this thread and honestly... why does it even have to be "labeled?" It is their life choices, done in their bedrooms. If you are asked to participate then you have a voice in what is done, if not, it's none of your business. If they make it your business then you can either respond or ignore it. Personally I see my relationships in that area to special to "share" a lot of details openly. It's no ones business but mine, period.

As to the opening statement about most sub missives being bi. Ummm... i'm sub but don't consider myself bi, even though I am currently serving 2 Dommes. Heck, my actual sexual experience with women could pretty well fit on the head of a pin. It isn't the gender that is the turn on for me, it is the power exchange and how well their dominance fits with my submissiveness. Their are as many men out there who don't turn me on either... because the dominate connection isn't there.

So, I don't consider myself bi, hetro, bi curious, or any other "label" i consider my self submissive. Period... a submissive who was damn lucky enough to find the dominate(s) to fullfil that portion of me.