PDA

View Full Version : how do you get in contact with people that are into bdsm

charly
05-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi.
i was wandering if i should call to a program in the radio that engage people, and ask for a submissive girl or some female slave.
i was thinking how it would be accepted by the audience.
if they would consider it offensive, disgusting. if i would be considered a perv.(in fact i am), and if it would have any positive result.
i mean what acceptance do you think the bdsm life style have in our society, and how do you do to meet people with the same interest?
(sorry for the lexicon)

Barton
05-18-2004, 08:42 AM
I am not sure that waving this particular flag would be such a great idea. At least not on a radio station call in format. It has been mentioned by several people in discussions here that we are not viewed as mainstream. I would agree with that view. While most of my friends and family know of mine and my slaves lifestyle, and accept us, I do not know that people who do not know us would be quite that open.
Unfortunately the majority of the public do not view us as normal. They may be curious about us but they still want to "point a finger". A BDSM relationship is as much or more psychological than it is physical. This fact seems to be out of most peoples grasp. They view it as a form of abuse.
Imagine if a slave went to the doctors office for a routine check up. The doctor notices some bruises on their body. The first thing they will think is that this person has been abused. They might even go so far as to contact the police about it. Imagine trying to explain that this is not abuse it is only the result of your BDSM lifestyle. You'll be calling a lawyer from the jail. They would not understand it at all.
Society would react in much the same way.
You may find that caution is warranted. I value my lifestyle, but I realize that it is viewed with eyes that do not see. It will be a long time before we are viewed as something more that a curiosity or worse yet, fodder for the Jerry Springer show.
As for meeting other people, I am sure that there are others here that will have some ideas. I know that there are some organizations that hold conventions. This may prove a more viable way to meet someone. There is also the personal adds forum.
Barton.

Jai
05-18-2004, 08:55 AM
I personally reckon that even if you did try to phone a radio station the chances of you getting put on air are probably zero. Lets face it, you don't just phone in and it gets answered at the other end by the dj. It will be answered by a secretary who will probably do his/her best to be rid of you as soon as possible. They don't want to have that sort of subject being discussed on their stations. It wouldn't do them any publicity favours what so ever.

And that is if you do phone, which I wouldn't recommend any way. It just ain't the right sort of environment to be talking about subject areas like that.

BDSM_Tourguide
05-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Go to your local adult toy/book/fetish/clothing store and ask the clerk if they have any alternative lifestyle publications or flyers for local BDSM/fetish events. Chance are they do.

Find a local group that you think sounds good and go to a meet and greet session. Attend a few munches and get to know people. Go to a few events and get your face out there. You'll meet plenty of submissive girls that way for sure.

charly
05-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Go to your local adult toy/book/fetish/clothing store and ask the clerk if they have any alternative lifestyle publications or flyers for local BDSM/fetish events. Chance are they do.

Find a local group that you think sounds good and go to a meet and greet session. Attend a few munches and get to know people. Go to a few events and get your face out there. You'll meet plenty of submissive girls that way for sure.

BRILLIANT!, Brain.
Maybe iŽll try that. but i really donŽt believe there is such a group here in Argentina.( this is not England or USA). The people that practice BDSM here in Argentina, are very few and very hermetic.
The most popular group is at www.dominasandra.com.ar . i call her (the supposed Mistress) a few days ago, she sound like an old whore that her only interest is getting money.
anyway thank you all for your advices (..i wish i was gay..)