PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer Editing Program - Email Clevernick to submit a sample

Clevernick
07-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Want to sharpen your editing skills? Thinking of becoming a full-time editor or publisher's assistant? Or just want to help out your fellow writers? Here's the place.

Here's how it works: An author may post a passage they consider to be publication-ready by private message or email to me, Clevernick (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=48063).

Mark the subject "Submission for Volunteer Editors". It may be up to a chapter long. If I think it's ready to edit, I'll start a thread for it here.

One or more volunteer editors may at any time publish new, edited versions of the chapter, as replies. Here's how:

Please, no red font, strikeouts or italic or bracket inserts. Simply edit up a better copy of the original -- we'll compare by eye. Be as bold or timid as you please, but edit the whole passage as if your results are to be publication-ready.

No comments interspersed either, please. Any comments should be at the top or bottom of your reply, or in a separate post. This way your edited version can be copied directly by the author and used.

One week after the original posting, I'll post a poll to the thread so people (including the author) can vote on the best editing job.

I will also give critiques on all the editing jobs, from the point of view of the edits that would matter most or least to me as publisher and as reader. Other critiques and viewpoints are welcome too.

Special thanks to Alex Bragi for this idea and Torq for letting me try.