PDA

View Full Version : Why do the tears fall so easily?

ineedneedles
07-21-2008, 10:12 AM
I have a hard time understanding. I stub my toe or slam my hand in the door and I just curse a bit, but the second that crop hits it's target I start crying immediately. I am figuring it is just emotional, a release if you will. Does this happen to anyone else?

VixeyandPhoenix
07-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Certainly not every time, but it has happened to me before.
It was most definitely an emotional release. The pain wasn't *just* pain, it was being inflicted by the one I love most. And while I enjoy that very much, there have been a couple of times when I was in a heightened emotional state already, and once he started spanking me, it was inevitable.... unexpected, yet unstoppable.

-Vixey

snowflake
07-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Certainly not every time, but it has happened to me before.
It was most definitely an emotional release. The pain wasn't *just* pain, it was being inflicted by the one I love most. And while I enjoy that very much, there have been a couple of times when I was in a heightened emotional state already, and once he started spanking me, it was inevitable.... unexpected, yet unstoppable.

-Vixey

Totally agree with you.. I have had tiems where the tears fall immediately just as you have....

But it worries me that you cry everytime ineedneedles.. it makes me wonder if it goes deeper then that with you..maybe you re finding it difficult in your own mind to have it done to you... i am not sure only you would know this...

Whether it would be through humiliation for allowing it to be done to you or whether it be guilt as you enjoy it but are having a hard time admitting even maybe to yourself that you enjoy it.. or your emotions are just that unstable and sad.. i do not know.. but i think if it is happening everytime.. maybe it would be best for you to take a step back and thoroughly go over in your head why it happens and then decide how to deal with it..

Just my opinion

hugs
snow

ineedneedles
07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Totally agree with you.. I have had tiems where the tears fall immediately just as you have....

But it worries me that you cry everytime ineedneedles.. it makes me wonder if it goes deeper then that with you..maybe you re finding it difficult in your own mind to have it done to you... i am not sure only you would know this...

Whether it would be through humiliation for allowing it to be done to you or whether it be guilt as you enjoy it but are having a hard time admitting even maybe to yourself that you enjoy it.. or your emotions are just that unstable and sad.. i do not know.. but i think if it is happening everytime.. maybe it would be best for you to take a step back and thoroughly go over in your head why it happens and then decide how to deal with it..

Just my opinion

hugs
snow

I appreciate the concern snow, but it is nothing like that. It is more just a rush of pure emotion. It is such an intense feeling of love and abandon that I just well up. I am an emotional person anyway, I cry at the damn hallmark commercials! I have such a deep love for my Husband and that is just the way I show it. We have been married for 10 years and love each other more now than we ever have. I was just curious if anyone else had a similar emotional release.

snowflake
07-23-2008, 07:44 PM
I appreciate the concern snow, but it is nothing like that. It is more just a rush of pure emotion. It is such an intense feeling of love and abandon that I just well up. I am an emotional person anyway, I cry at the damn hallmark commercials! I have such a deep love for my Husband and that is just the way I show it. We have been married for 10 years and love each other more now than we ever have. I was just curious if anyone else had a similar emotional release.

aww i am so glad to hear that hun.. you had me a bit worried ... hugs you tight .. i think i understand now ..

It took a lot for Tester to bring himself to what i want and need and urn and well he has succeed in just the past month...

The day he did was the day i dropped a few tears as well.. for i know it was done out of love and out of pure concern for what i wanted ...

I can understand how emotional that can be .. yet how loving as well

again my look at it all

hugs
snow

rooshoe
07-24-2008, 10:19 PM

I almost never cried until about 10 months ago, and then i started crying every time i saw something "cute", like puppies. Actually, these commercials about homeless animals used to make me positively bawl, and i've never been one to cry!

I've always been very strongly connected to my emotions; they rule my life, whether good or bad. Because of that, my submission is a very, very strong and compelling feeling, and when i'm with the right person, doing the right thing, it strikes me pretty deep. There was one person who knew me so well that he could tell when i needed to cry - he'd spank me just the right way, or whisper something in my ear, or even just give me a certain look, and the tears would start immediately. Like you, it wasn't a sad cry, it was an emotional release - literally, like there was too much pressure in the pipes and the valve had suddenly been turned to "full on". I said my emotions are very strong, but i am usually very composed, and i am really, really bad at saying what i need. I was just lucky enough that this person could tell immediately what i needed and how much.

ineedneedles
07-25-2008, 06:45 AM
I almost never cried until about 10 months ago, and then i started crying every time i saw something "cute", like puppies. Actually, these commercials about homeless animals used to make me positively bawl, and i've never been one to cry!

I've always been very strongly connected to my emotions; they rule my life, whether good or bad. Because of that, my submission is a very, very strong and compelling feeling, and when i'm with the right person, doing the right thing, it strikes me pretty deep. There was one person who knew me so well that he could tell when i needed to cry - he'd spank me just the right way, or whisper something in my ear, or even just give me a certain look, and the tears would start immediately. Like you, it wasn't a sad cry, it was an emotional release - literally, like there was too much pressure in the pipes and the valve had suddenly been turned to "full on". I said my emotions are very strong, but i am usually very composed, and i am really, really bad at saying what i need. I was just lucky enough that this person could tell immediately what i needed and how much.

I HATE that SPCA commercial, I always have to leave the room. I just want to take all of them home! Thanks for your input rooshoe. I am glad I am not the only one! After a session like that with my Husband I always feel so renewed and alive! It is not an everyday thing for us, if it was I don't think I would have the same reaction. He knows when I need it!

thrall
07-25-2008, 10:07 AM
I do not like to cry...........for the most part i do not cry.......

For me that is a control issue.......thrall holding the reins.

With submission.....i give over that control....Tears by Him and for Him....the gates are open......and the tears just flow.......

They are emotionally draining.....emotionally cleansing.....tears of the soul.....

Rowen
07-25-2008, 10:39 AM

With submission.....i give over that control....Tears by Him and for Him....the gates are open......and the tears just flow.......

They are emotionally draining.....emotionally cleansing.....tears of the soul.....

* sigh * Physical pain won't bring me tears..never has. Personal grief on very rare occasions....being used to "powder my face and put on the cloak" and do what must be done.
But..the right words.. like above.. yes.. somehow they're squeezed out my head..

deigja
07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
I sometimes cry. Out of no obvious reasons. And it is not even clear to myself why I do cry. It can start in my happiest moments, after a session as kind of a sub drop I suppose, or as well when I do not have enough to do and start thinking about things I usiually leave alone, when I start questioning myself once again. All my emotions, happy or unhappy practically overwhelm me and I canīt deal with them and then I just cry and donīt know why. At those times I just want to be held close and cry until it stops. It is, as many of you have said, an emotional release. Afterwards I feel much better than before. Iīm pretty calm then and, really unusual for me, do not even want to talk ;-)

rooshoe
07-25-2008, 11:17 PM
I HATE that SPCA commercial, I always have to leave the room. I just want to take all of them home! Thanks for your input rooshoe. I am glad I am not the only one! After a session like that with my Husband I always feel so renewed and alive! It is not an everyday thing for us, if it was I don't think I would have the same reaction. He knows when I need it!

You are definitely not the only one! I view it as another facet of my emotional connection with someone - when they can tell what i need, and when i can tell what they need. I think being able to read your partner is a very important part of any relationship, regardless of kink. Personally, i find a relationship with kink (read: D/s) to be much more fulfilling because i think it allows me to more fully experience the range of emotions and thoughts that is me, and to have a deeper connection with another person. For whatever reason, i've never gotten to the same point emotionally in vanilla relationships as i have in relationships with an element of power exchange. Sometimes it seems like part of the crying is simply relief that someone understands me well enough to be able to help me let go.

It takes immeasurable amounts of trust to be able to do that. It's a blissfully terrifying feeling.

I sometimes cry. Out of no obvious reasons. And it is not even clear to myself why I do cry. It can start in my happiest moments, after a session as kind of a sub drop I suppose, or as well when I do not have enough to do and start thinking about things I usiually leave alone, when I start questioning myself once again. All my emotions, happy or unhappy practically overwhelm me and I canīt deal with them and then I just cry and donīt know why. At those times I just want to be held close and cry until it stops. It is, as many of you have said, an emotional release. Afterwards I feel much better than before. Iīm pretty calm then and, really unusual for me, do not even want to talk ;-)

Lol you're a talker, huh? Me too! I rarely shut up - i think i annoy my office mates at work because i always want to chat. Speaking of yapping, i was watching Fox news tonight and there was this awful hostess on. I couldn't help but think wow, someone stick a dick (or gag!) in her mouth and shut her up! :rolleyes: Does anyone else have thoughts like that about people they see - people who just need to be gagged or spanked or tied up just to get them to *stop* whatever obnoxious thing it is they're doing?

Flaming_Redhead
07-31-2008, 09:36 AM
I ask myself the opposite question. Why is it so freakin' hard for me to cry? I can cry during "normal" times but not during play. Even during punishment spanking, it's hard to get more than a drop to squeeze out. Sometimes, after play, my eyes get all watery and I feel like I want to cry, but I just suck it up and shake it off. The one time I cried during a scene, I was at a dungeon enduring a heavy flogging session with 2 tops. Earlier that night, I had already participated in suspension and spanking. Anyway, people are sometimes afraid to play with me because I'm petite, so I'd never really been pushed. I decided I wanted to see just what it would take to make me cry. I'm really not a pain slut, but it took quite a bit. Once I began to cry, I cried harder when I realized I couldn't stop. I had planned to end the session when I found my breaking point. When I heard there were only a few toys left, I decided to see if I could finish the scene without using my safe word. I managed to make it through, and so far, the only thing I've been able to determine is that I'm just a stubborn bitch! LOL