PDA

View Full Version : Hillary was screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DomCt2002
07-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Hillary Clinton shoul dbe the Democratic Nominee not Obama. Anothe rthing about this is this, I am tired of hearing how great Obama is and the Liberal Press playing hiim up because he is the first African American Presidential Nominee. The time for the hype and playing him up is over, I think now he should start giving concrete and substance filled solutions to America's problems if he wants elected.
What his Health care Program like and will it cover everyone if it goes thru?
What's he gonna do to improve the economy and bring jobs to the country?
Whats he gonna do about Iraq and Afganistan and how sonn will he do it?
Can he work and get the housing crisis fixed and save people's homes?
Can he have substance to what he says and prove in the end he can get it done?
Thats My questions about Obama and Politics. It's easy to speak well and look good, it's anothe rthing to have substance to what your saying and making it happen to help the amaerican people!

Euryleia
07-24-2008, 07:37 AM
You could try reading about the issues on his website:
Issues (http://www.barackobama.com/issues/)

If you don't just want hype, here is what he's actually said on the various issues:
On the Issues.org/Barack_Obama.htm (http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm)

Citizen Jane also has a nice comparison chart between McCain and Obama
Citizen Jane Compare Your Candidates (http://www.citizenjanepolitics.com/compare-your-candidates/)

Finally, here is a simple Pro/Con list of the issues facing the Presidential nominees:
Pro/Con 2008 Election (http://2008electionprocon.org/?gclid=CM_Ui8re2JQCFQH0IgodPVwolQ)

hopperboo
07-24-2008, 08:03 AM
I have to agree, I'm tired of hearing about how wonderful he is because he's black. Color isn't supposed to matter. (At least in my little world). I wouldn't vote for him if he was black, white, or purple with pink polka dots. And I do love polka dots.

You have to look at the man, not the color. And the man scares the living daylights out of me. WAY to liberal for me.

P.S. I wish Hillary had stayed on the ballots...splitting the liberal vote. That would have been a wet dream for me.

P.S.S. I really do think Obama is going to win. Buy your guns now people. You won't be getting them when he's in office.

I wonder if he'll shut down the shooting ranges too. Because people die there. Heh. *Rolls eyes.*

And remember: Guns don't kill people, liberals against conceal-carry laws kill people.

mkemse
07-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Hillary Clinton shoul dbe the Democratic Nominee not Obama. Anothe rthing about this is this, I am tired of hearing how great Obama is and the Liberal Press playing hiim up because he is the first African American Presidential Nominee. The time for the hype and playing him up is over, I think now he should start giving concrete and substance filled solutions to America's problems if he wants elected.
What his Health care Program like and will it cover everyone if it goes thru?
What's he gonna do to improve the economy and bring jobs to the country?
Whats he gonna do about Iraq and Afganistan and how sonn will he do it?
Can he work and get the housing crisis fixed and save people's homes?
Can he have substance to what he says and prove in the end he can get it done?
Thats My questions about Obama and Politics. It's easy to speak well and look good, it's anothe rthing to have substance to what your saying and making it happen to help the amaerican people!

Just remember, he has 7 years worth of mess to clean up, he will notturn things aruond in 90 days and McCain will simpy be another George Bush, Obama may not b alot better, but after 7 years of what weare going through, we are in desprite need for achange

Obama himself has said, things will take time

In realuty neither Candidate is great, but due to our primary process the American People slected who wehave, if anyone is to blame it is the Americna Voting Public, they had any number of Candidates to choosefrom

Also as far as inexpieirce goes, if i rmember corrctly JFK did not have alot either and he was Roman Cathlic, nobody gave him a chance to win it for thosereasons

hopperboo
07-24-2008, 08:14 AM
In realuty neither Candidate is great

Also as far as inexpieirce goes, if i rmember corrctly JFK did not have alot either and he was Roman Cathlic, nobody gave him a chance to win it for thosereasons
+1 that neither candidate is wonderful. Ugh.

JFK also didn't go to a church that screams "damn American's." (Of course, nor does Obama now, because to many people are watching him...).

mkemse
07-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Be it right or wrong, after the long Primary Season, it was the American Electorate, those who voted in all the Primries that gave Obama the presumtive Nomination, it was NOT the Liberal, TV, LIberal Press ect
It was voter in this nation that choose him over Hillary

He is the JFK of this genenration and many said JFK would never win, to little experience plus he as Roman Catholic
The Press is NOT to blame for Obmam's win, if that falls anywhere, blame it on all those who chooose him or Hillary

denuseri
07-26-2008, 07:21 AM
wel the fact that obama has made it this far is pretty amazing, unfortunately as characterized by his trip overseas to try and shore up his credentials he has allready started waffeling in the political two step

i wouldnt count hillary out yet, not that i would want her in office, she may just pull some funny business and get in to replace obama (after he is off the ticket postumasly)

i dont believe mccain will be "just another bush" he has a consistant track record of "not" being just like bush (he routinley works with the other side and is the least partisan of the cantadates) -and in fact was painted as being "not conservative" enough by his own party's media supporters and opponents during the primaries

in a recent speach in germany obama actually quoted allmost word for word bush's take on the middle east which was disturbing, i have actually started to consider voteing differently as i whatch him change his spots to suit preceptions, mabey the old grandpa in charge would be better he doesnt flop as much,

honestly i wish a better choice was on the table, seems like since regan we have had some crapo presidents

Tappy McWidestance
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
If Hillary had run a campaign with even basic competency she would have been the nominee. Of course she didn't. She didn't plan past Super Tuesday and she couldn't stay on message. She lost for good reasons which speak to her ability to be an executive.

mkemse
07-30-2008, 10:01 AM
I beleive Hillaries biggest probe as metioned before is she seemd to be certain she would be the nomineem took it for granite and became very complacent, now everyone can seee what happens when you do that in anything in your life, never take anything for granite you never know what can or will happen

Thorne
07-30-2008, 02:15 PM
never take anything for granite

Always take it for marble.

(Sorry, mkemse, I couldn't resist. Just so you know, the correct term is "Take for granted." No offense intended.)

mkemse
07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
appreciate your sense of humor and no offense taken

Stealth694
08-01-2008, 04:41 PM
As Mkemse said Hilary got to complacent, but she also ran a Negative Campaign.
The people are tired of this " Mommy he did this, and Mommy she did that" type of campaign. We want some more issues and definate statements on what they will do if elected. Right now we need someone who will make a decision and can stick with it. Instead of some chattering idiot who will change his mind the second something doesn't go his way.

SilvieA
09-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Out of curiosity, have you guys even done any research on the candidates? Obama has two books, the second of which is pretty much word for word what he advocates for in his campaign. It was written in 2006... so much for his filp-flopping.
And for those who say that he does not concentrate on the issues... well, name one relevent issue that you think he hasn't covered and I will find for you his leanings... and where and when he did address them :-) If you can't tell, I am very much pro-Obama...
And it's not because I haven't read up on McCain. There are certainly admirable aspects of his character as well. I personally love the fact that he fought so hard to illegalize torture.
I can't stand it when people complain that they don't have any good candidates to chose from. If it's so bad, why don't you devote your life to politics... I mean it seems that for many people they themselves are the only candidate that they would feel happy seeing in the White House. FYI: No one is ever going to share your views exactly... that does not make them bad people.

VaAugusta
09-19-2008, 12:25 PM
P.S.S. I really do think Obama is going to win. Buy your guns now people. You won't be getting them when he's in office.
[/I]

I really don't think anyone can honestly consider banning guns or attempting to do so in America. If you're suggesting that Obama will raise taxes on purchasing guns, that is probable but not close to banning you're suggesting.

Anyways if you look at it realistically Obama would have to raise taxes on guns since (I imagine) he is supportive of raising minimum wage.