PDA

View Full Version : Pets

HisKitty
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
I see a lot of pets on this site :bdsmsmile

I was just looking for some insight as to how others interpret this fetish (which I just typoed as "petish," lol). For me it's not really about costuming very much. I've contemplated some cute little kitty ears, and I play at purring and talk about myself as being a kitty, though that's not a huge focus.

I enjoy being a pet because there's both a strictness and care aspect. You train a RL animal-pet how to do certain things, you expect certain behaviors, you feed and bathe them (hopefully :P), and you love and cuddle them after you take them out for a walk or for playtime. Oh, and they get to sleep in your bed at night ^_^

All of these things I find appealing about being my Master's pet. He trains me to behave certain ways in different scenarios and rewards or punishes me appropriately, we have playtime, and we also enjoy the mundane things like feeding, bathing, and a good ol' walk on the collar and leash.

That's a nutshell summary about my experiences, but I'm just curious how others weave the pet fetish/kink into their lives.

Hime
08-03-2008, 10:57 PM
D. and I use the term "pet" to refer to me. We decided on it because we were both happy for me to call him Master, but neither of us liked the idea of me being a "slave." We're from the American South, and that term has a lot of history and implications for us that we're not comfortable with.

For us, being a pet is different from being a slave because, as kelly says, it implies care and love. A master can be devoted to his or her pet, and go to lots of trouble to make them happy and comfortable, while still being in control of what privileges and duties they have, administering discipline, etc.

As my Master's pet, I like to sit at his feet and be petted, wear my collar and leash, wash his feet at the end of a long day, and generally provide comfort and companionship. Having a pet (the non-human kind) has been shown to lower blood pressure and help people to deal with stress. I think that having me as a pet offers some of these same benefits to my Master. :)

PropertyOfMasterJoey
08-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Sometimes we roleplay and I'm a slave but most of the time i'm his pet. Same reason as stated above lol we're from Texas...nuff said :P

BarYen
08-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Ironically, as I was talking to my boy the other day about pain being a turn-on, I casually mentioned whips, and said something like "delicious," to which he replied sardonically, "tell that to the slaves."

Theretofore, I had never, ever even thought about such a connection... I guess for me the sex has so much to do with love that the pain seems to be an expression of passion and not an intention to hurt... but then again, I'm a yankee. ;)

- - -
As far as pets go, I'm not in such a relationship but that's always been the sort of D/s relationship I've found most endearing from an onlooker's perspective... there seems to be a lot more affection in this type of relationship than in other types. It's about as sweet as kinky sex can be!

Ozme52
08-04-2008, 02:53 PM
I think there's a definite difference between pet play, where the person roleplays the animal' and the having a human pet.

When I have a pet, I don't make her "sit" or "roll-over" or "heel"
I don't make her eat from a bowl, or sleep in a cage, or bark/meow.

But she does get trained. She gets to wear a collar and leash and may be required to crawl... She does take positions. And she must show her obedience. It's not animal play... but she is my pet.

HisKitty
08-04-2008, 03:54 PM
I think there's a definite difference between pet play, where the person roleplays the animal' and the having a human pet.

When I have a pet, I don't make her "sit" or "roll-over" or "heel"
I don't make her eat from a bowl, or sleep in a cage, or bark/meow.

But she does get trained. She gets to wear a collar and leash and may be required to crawl... She does take positions. And she must show her obedience. It's not animal play... but she is my pet.

I enjoy being lead around on my collar and leash, and indeed do crawl most of the time that I'm with Master (silly going to different schools). I also am sometimes (depending on the food and present company) made to eat off of my plate on the floor, or Master will feed me. And I don't meow xD but I would very much like a cage to be kept in for certain amounts of time in the future....

Petsmart is one of our favorite toy stores :look:

So I suppose I engage in a mix of the two.

DiablosPet
08-04-2008, 10:42 PM
I enjoy being lead around on my collar and leash, and indeed do crawl most of the time that I'm with Master (silly going to different schools). I also am sometimes (depending on the food and present company) made to eat off of my plate on the floor, or Master will feed me. And I don't meow xD but I would very much like a cage to be kept in for certain amounts of time in the future....

Petsmart is one of our favorite toy stores :look:

So I suppose I engage in a mix of the two.

Omg you are me... or me you.. something like that :blurp_ani

I am the exact same way and crave that same attention you do. I love it ^_^ *huggles*

-DP