PDA

View Full Version : What books which you suggest?

Arina
08-01-2008, 08:49 PM
I am very interested in bringing bdsm into our 16 year marriage. Do any of you have any suggestions for books for a new sub/ new dom? Any would be greatly appreciated. We are starting from square one. :)

thepast
08-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Ok, here is a list, but you'll have to try Amazon.com for the authors since I'm not near my bookcase :)

To Start...:

Screw the roses, send me the thorns
Dominant Loving
BDSM 101, by Jay Wiseman (name may be spelled wrong)

Then there is The Marketplace Seriese by Laura Antoniou, which provides the most REALISTIC view of actual M/s relationships... it's a series of 5 books, the 6th to come soon!

Good luck & welcome!

Arina
08-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Thank you,Delia! I will get them. :)

Wickedlust
09-05-2008, 02:13 PM
i personally dont like the style of which screw the roses send me thorns is written. its choppy and u have to decode their sarcasm. but my fav books are sm101 by jay wiseman and are u a loving dominant. i pickd that up from barnes n noble. i think there is also an are u a loving submissive too but idk the author. the sleeping beauty trilogy by anne rice (a.r.roquelair ???) are good books yet very fantasy drivin. im sure if u go to amazon.com and search bdsm u'll find alot to choose from. xoxo ^_^

denuseri
09-05-2008, 02:36 PM
I read the you are a loving dominant book, (i work at a barnes and noble) and alltough my owner and i agree with a lot of what he writes about we felt that he really eaither doesnt understand the "Gorean way" or he has only had run ins with what some call "online" Goreans or worse the cartoonish over zealous fanatic type that thinks your slave is to actually be treated worse than an animal,,,, which is one reason why i am here, to help let people know that we "Goreans" aint all bad

Wickedlust
09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
i am new myself and i dont know anythng about the gorian stuff but i like the help he gives atleast. sm101 is also a helpful book but u dont have to do exactly what it says. ur mileage may vary :)

Dea Menrfa
09-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I am enjoying the book Different Loving by Brame, Brame, & Jacobs

BorderCollie
09-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm,
we'll look a few of these up also.............

deigja
09-11-2008, 03:49 AM
By the way... is there any good advisory book on Bondage for Beginners? We play around a lot but would actually appreciate some further information on practical knots... safety advice... new ideas....
I saw some on the internet, in German as well as in English but I always have Problems if I canīt have a look into the Book
so if theres any you could recommend ;-)...

Deigja

craven
09-11-2008, 05:49 PM
i found "master nages guide to training consenting slaves" really useful and interesting

Guest110808
09-27-2008, 05:26 PM
MMmm yes, the Sleeping Beauty series, Carries story and Screw the Roses

walkingdude225
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
By the way... is there any good advisory book on Bondage for Beginners? We play around a lot but would actually appreciate some further information on practical knots... safety advice... new ideas....
I saw some on the internet, in German as well as in English but I always have Problems if I canīt have a look into the Book
so if theres any you could recommend ;-)...

Deigja

i cant of the books name but its another Jay Wiseman book that was good even i learned to to tie some knots wth that one

Dom Teacher
10-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Bound to be free by Charles Moser & JJ Madeson. New York: Continuum, 1996.

This is a nice book to get the feel of what SM is, but not a lot on technique, if that is what you are looking for. I put it down in a few nights, and my partner loved it as well.

fourmaggie
12-18-2008, 07:26 PM
how about the NEW BOTTOMING BOOK..Dossie Easton & Janet W.Hardy for us BOTTOMS...and the NEW TOPPING BOOK..for TOPS.(from the same authors)......then the next interesting one is the ETHICAL SLUT:A GUIDE TO INFINITE SEXUAL POSSIBILITES...Dossie & Catherine A.Liszt................

buDdha
01-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Arina -- glad to read your post, and the recommendations, as I, too, am looking to bring bdsm to the marriage.

I'd like to hear more about how you're "bringing it to the marriage" and your partner's responses. I suspect your partner is up to play; any thoughts on what to do when it just doesn't float your partner's boat? My fella is the sweetest -- he'd try if I ask -- but it just doesn't turn him on, and he says he feels "silly" and "false" -- and I'm hoping he'll try on the dom shoes . . .

Mastrovenice
01-23-2009, 12:37 PM
I also recommend 'Different Loving' (Gloria Brame) which is an overview of BDSM sexuality.

BelovedPet
01-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Great thread. Thanks for all the suggestions.

b

Alexia_30 {UT}
01-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Well, the forum is telling me I haven't posted in weeks and need to engage with other members, so...

I have many of the books listed, but would add "Two Knotty Boys Showing You The Ropes" and "Shibari You Can Use" to the list for those *ahem* as interested in bondage as Master and I. *blushing*

zeta_slave
03-16-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm new to all of this and this thread is really good. I can't wait to buy some of these books! The books sound like this new adventure will be more rewarding after reading some more.

slackyb
05-27-2011, 09:26 AM
I am a newbie who's a sub. Fiction about subs that I've enjoyed includes Mr. Benson by John Preston, The Frog by Claire Thompson (about an unwilling sub) and any book by Stephen Elliott. I also recommend the Marketplace series, as one person above did. If anyone on this thread can recommend books that do a job of covering verbal humiliation or offer good examples of same, those titles would be of interest (to me, at any rate).

Dog's Lady
12-17-2011, 11:14 PM
I noticed that no-one mentioned The Story of O, by Pauline Reage (that's not quite the right spelling of the author's last name, but the title will bring it up just fine.) This is fiction, and I have read a few quibbles with it, making it a little bit fantasy, but it is one of the classics.
slackyb, Carrie's Story was mentioned above-I enjoyed it, too, and there is a sequel, which I have not read yet (when it's at the store, I don't have the money, when I have the money, it's out of stock. Thanks, Murphy.) The Anne Rice Sleeping Beauty series is good, and her Exit to Eden is okay, too-nothing like the movie of the same name, although the movie was supposed to be based on the book.