PDA

View Full Version : Title's Needed???

Torq
08-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Hello ALLLLL,,

In the "Refreshing" of things,on the site.
Looking to re-do the "Titles" of our posters?
Titles appear under user name, unless members chooses their own.

Presently is as follows::

0-500 = Pervert in Training
500-1000 = Becoming Perverted
1000 = Pervert
5000 = Specilized Pervert
10,000 = Forum God
Nothing above 10,000 at present

So question is what would be new and exciting to have for "Posting Titles"

Including titles for higher than 10,000 posts.

ALLLL Suggestions welcome and will be reviewed,

THANKS

T

craven
08-08-2008, 03:48 AM
how about

0-500 = Deviant
501-1,000 = perverted
1,001 - 5,000 = Perverted Deviant
5,001 - 10,000 = Depraved
10,000 = Truly Depraved
!0,000 + Beelzubub

Thorne
08-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Don't know about the others, but for 10,000 plus how about: "I NEED TO GET A LIFE!"

Torq
08-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

slave2isis
08-08-2008, 05:38 PM
it thinks for the highest amount of postings the ultimate acolade should be the symbol or the words infinate power which implys or indicates the the non sexual but variant of supreme diety of either gender(Supreme Emperor of Gods or Emperess of all Goddesses)whom it would eagerly suplicate itself before their magnifacence and wallow in their divine postings has they deem fit to condesend from there elevated status to share their divine utterance with us to grow in their almighty shadows and been a newbie on this site fully embrace this ethos and long to send salutations to whomever reaches that status well deserves its acolade and it should definatly preclude slaves its our undeserved privalage to exist for our dommes they as divine right deserve the glory not we

craven
08-09-2008, 03:27 AM
i have to agree with Thorne on this one, for 10,000 plus posts the word that instantly springs to mind is "agoraphobic", cause let's face it they are not out at parties too often.

Widget
08-09-2008, 05:41 AM
Don't know about the others, but for 10,000 plus how about: "I NEED TO GET A LIFE!"

lolol

Widget
08-09-2008, 06:08 AM
0-500 = Bettie Page
501-1,000 = Dita Von Tease
1,001 - 5,000 = O
5,001 - 10,000 = Larry Flint
10,000 = John Norman
!0,000 + Marques De Sade
50,000 Torq in training
100,000 Delia's Disciple
150000 Tiger's Grasshopper

thepast
08-09-2008, 03:49 PM

chuckles...

And Widget, while your creative spirit is just so endearing, I don't think I can have disciples... *whispers* And I think T IS the Marquis De Sade... hmmm...

Seriously though folks, we really do want suggestions... otherwise it's gonna be T's ideas... and let me tell you, THAT might just be scarier then anything else... *laughs*

Chuckdom19
08-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Or, perhaps for those over 10,000,

"Plays too many word games..."

davesmistress
08-09-2008, 04:12 PM
How about something with the bdsm or the library name in it....

0-500...........Intro to bdsm or New to library
500-1000......Oriented to bdsm or oriented to library
1000.............established to bdsm or established at library
5000.............Contributor to bdsm or library
10,000...........conissour of bdsm or library

not really flashy but thought it diferent...hahah

Torq
08-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Now heres a VERY odd scenario. In the past few days/weeks theres been at least 3-4 threads on the "stuck/not working/wrong/screwed up counter" issues of folks posts. Not counting the 15+ PM's on the same issue.
Hell no one even posted in "Leave names as is,,or add these for higher counts!!!"

YET!!

Almost NO suggestions here as to what to call our post forums.

So it leads me to the questions;;;

Are the post counts really that important?
Why bother keeping post counts, if one cares what they're called?
Should different areas be counted different or not at all?
Should different areas be called different names or not?

And one VERY important question;;

If a recent glitch in the system has causes SO SO many DRAMATIC issues that members leave or get banned over them, is post counting really productive to the site???

HOPEFULLY this post will stir some interest in the subject and generate a few suggestions as to either NEW names OR ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Only time and posts will answer these questions

THANKS ALLLLL

T

Chuckdom19
08-10-2008, 05:44 PM
(snip)

Should different areas be counted different or not at all?
Should different areas be called different names or not?

And one VERY important question;;

If a recent glitch in the system has causes SO SO many DRAMATIC issues that members leave or get banned over them, is post counting really productive to the site???

T

If I may respectfully suggest, might it be more important that 'meaningful posts', if I may use the term, be the ones that are truly counted? You can build up 1000 posts in a day by sitting in the word games and bouncing from one to another... but does this really signify someone who has contributed meaningfully to the board? Those who greet, who respond to questions, who provide information; these help the board truly survive. While the games and such are fun, people come here for more than that, I feel.

Yet no, this is not an important or dramatic circumstance; certainly not to the level of keeping the board up and on line.

denuseri
08-10-2008, 09:58 PM
i respectfully argee with Chuckdom in this, alltough i see value in all of the forums threads, i never understood the need for a count with titles used as reward?

of course idk how else to reward the people that are contributing to the site in a meaningful manner that wouldnt be subjective or result in some kind of popularity contest

i have seen while exploring different places in my search for this site a option that has some appeal which involves the use of word counts per post, : in effect only posts of twenty five or more words were counted and then only from certian threads

perhaps some sort of ratio or curve could be develpoed that would recognize overall posts yet take in to account a rated value of such posts as to there word counts and or post location, like posts in certian threads would be of a higher value than others etc

of course an addition a subjective value assignned by judges would be nice too, but that would require a lot of effort and impartiality would be allmost impossible

personally i have never bothered to "compete" for statistics as quantity is not so important for me as quality,

as far as conribution or helpfulness is conserned i look at how many times someone has been thanked, or i just look at what other people post about me in my visitor messages and or in response to my posts, in addition to this i keep in mind what soemones position on the staff is as well, i know some of the jobs on the site reuire a lot of time away from posting

i respectfully hope that my ideas may be of some use to administration with this issue
and am happy to be of service in any way i can, this site has helped me a great deal and i am very glad i have been given the oppertunity to contribute even if its not rewarded within any offical capacity such as post counts titles etc

thank you

thrall
08-11-2008, 11:03 AM
all right.......im back.......lol

I'm truly not a fan of the "name" thing. Especially in terms of the names being derogatory....even if we all know it is just good fun.

0-500 = weirdo
500-1000 =deviant
1000 = degenerate
5000 = corrupted
10,000 = Forum God....though i also like Widgets....De Sade

could it be something along the lines of the ladder of intensity in regards to floggers. I dont know....just an idea. Do you have to "give names" or can you just give a small flag?...or in this case a flogger.....lol

Deer
elk
moose
horse hair
suede
bull
chain
rubber
cat-o-nine

I don't believe it should go over 10,000.....considering the uproar there is now about it. So no double, triple, or quad, god/ess thing.

I still believe that recognizing post count is important, regardless of where or how you post, as it keeps the forum active. Active forums/post counts is one of the contributing factors in keeping the library at the top of the lists in search engines.