PDA

View Full Version : Breast Enlargement. What are my options?

Simone_Locke
06-04-2004, 02:11 PM
This is a bit of a sensitive topic for me. I have a 36B bust and I'm wondering what my options are for increasing it?
I'm not looking for enormous breasts. C would be perfectly fine (although if it were possible, I might consider a bit larger!)
Everyone says it shouldn't make a difference (even my husband says they're fine the way they are), but it does to me. They've also started to sag a bit, which has me worried (I'm only 26).

Someone posted a link to transfemme a while back. It was geard towards trans-gender, but they also provide pills for women. I'm just wondering: has anyone here ever tried them? There are lots of snake oil merchants on the web and I don't want to end up with something that will hurt my body.
I also don't want anything surgical. Is there a more natural way that actually works?

albear
06-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Hmm, I think you are limited on non-surgical options. The only tablets I know of that can increase breast size are hormone tablets. (Keep in mind that I'm disadvantaged by living in a country that has a wonderful Therapeutic Goods Administration that blocks anything too nasty or dodgy, which means I'm not familiar with lots of things available worldwide. Hang on, maybe it is an advantage :p )

Problem with hormones are that lots of women experience side effects with them. The transgender guys wouldn't have as many of these side effects. Off the top of my head, they include sore breasts, bad skin (acne due to overactive hormone), heavy periods, intermittant spotting (bleeding between periods), headaches, nausea and vomiting (too much oestrogen), weight gain. If you want more I can pull out my APPG, but you'd only have a slight gain of breast size, probably not even one cup size, and it's mainly due to weight gain and bloatiness.

Maybe someone knows of a topical application or some sort of ....activity that will help.

learningtopleez
06-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Well it was also a sensitive topic for me a couple of years ago....but I finally did it! I had surgery though! Don't let anyone tell you that you won't be sore...actually.... in pain for awhile! But if you get a little pleasure from pain ;) then what the heck!! My advice...Check out your plastic surgeon thoroughly, be prepared to sleep upright for 2-3 weeks (less swelling!), and get ready to get lots of second glances! When you aren't used to people staring at your chest...it takes a little getting used to! The benefits....you can fit and look better in clothes (esp. bathing suits!), you feel more confident (Lord only knows why!!!), and if you get them big enuff...you can suck your own!!!....lol! Seriously though I was small and very lopsided (bigger on one side than the other...lots bigger!!!) and I can wear all kinds of clothes and they fit correctly! Hubby likes 'em too! There is also another choice to make...whether implants are inserted over or under the muscle (mine are under...less likely to sag!) Oh yeah....another thing no one bothers to tell ya...when it's time for your mammogram...you get two per breast :mad: !!!
Would I do it again??? Damn straight! Go for it hun...they even have payment plans now!!!......lol! Good luck with your decision and let me know if I can answer any other questions you may have :) !

Simone_Locke
06-04-2004, 09:57 PM
How long ago did you get them done? Did you have any side effects?
It's weird... I love being flogged (esp my breasts), but when it comes to surgery (or even needles) just the thought of it makes me ready to throw up.
To be honest, I don't really know much about the surgical enlargements, aside from the horror stories you hear about in the news.
Is it true they sometimes burst?
Also, how natural do they feel afterwards?
I'd probably always walk around worried that one day I'll fall flat on my chest and they'll deflate lol!

Mobius
06-04-2004, 11:58 PM
Now that is something, do they allso have repo men if you are late on a payment do they come and reposus your knockers. Now there is a job i'd sign up for.

Kallie Thomas
06-05-2004, 04:38 AM
How long ago did you get them done? Did you have any side effects?
It's weird... I love being flogged (esp my breasts), but when it comes to surgery (or even needles) just the thought of it makes me ready to throw up.
To be honest, I don't really know much about the surgical enlargements, aside from the horror stories you hear about in the news.
Is it true they sometimes burst?
Also, how natural do they feel afterwards?
I'd probably always walk around worried that one day I'll fall flat on my chest and they'll deflate lol!

Yes, they can burst--and the fix/clean-up (for silicone) can be staggeringly expensive, and the possible effects with silicone are still not fully understood--some women report auto-immune-type symptoms, though the research is inconclusive. However, bursting is not terrifically common, though it is a real danger, as is leakage, which can be worse because it's often not discovered for quite a while in silicone. Car accidents, blows to the chest, falling--all could cause a rupture or leak. It is recommended that women with silicone implants have an annual mammogram to check for leakage. Another thing to keep in mind is that implants do lessen the effectiveness of mammograms and self exams for breast cancer detection.

Saline implants, while safer, tend to give a more liquid/mushy feel, not natural feeling. When saline ruptures/leaks, you KNOW--the deflation is usually immediate. Silicone, while more natural feeling initially, can harden (though this is not common), leaving a very unnatural feel--kind of like a rock in your breast. Both types of implants can cause capsular contracture, which is hardening and tightening of scar tissue, which can be very painful.

Another thing to consider is breastfeeding--if you plan to have children, I would advise you to hold off on augmentation (or lifts) unless you can find a surgeon who is willing to take that extra time and effort to preserve the milk ducts and nerves around the areola. I've seen some really horrendous results in women who've had breast surgery that severed the ducts--they still produced milk, but with no intact ducts, mastitis developed, and in a few cases, this lead to horrific infections with terrible scarring. Also, because production of prolactin and oxytocin, which are necessary for let down and milk production, is dependent upon the nerves in the breast, severing of those nerves can totally preclude nursing. The popular "smiley" incision around the areola is most likely to cause you grief on this front, whereas the under the breast/armpit insertion usually allows for nursing later down the line.

Remember that breast implants often aren't permanent things--the rate of replacement/removal is pretty high, for a variety of reasons.

One of the most common complaints is change in/loss of feeling in the breast, sometimes increased sensitivity, but more often loss of sensitivity. This can be permanent.

Please don't think I'm trying to scare you out of it--a lot of women have it done and are very pleased with the results. But there are things to consider, and it's always better to go into things knowing as much as possible.

For what it's worth, I've always found b-cups to be perfectly lovely.

Kallie

learningtopleez
06-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Kallie is right Simone, on everything she stated! I have saline implants and considering that there was not much of anything to compare them to...I can't really comment on the mushy feeling part. Also Kallie mentioned something about nerve damage...that did happen to me! The only side effect that I've had is the nerve damage to my left nipple...it isn't as sensitive as before and sometimes actually hurts when squeezed...but then we're back to the enjoying pain thing! It does still become erect! I had it done 3 years ago this past March and have had no leakage or deflation. And they have had their share of squeezing and flogging! I can sometimes feel the implants on the undersides of my breasts...feels a little weird at first but I've had no complaints from anyone! Mine were inserted underneath my breasts so no scar would be visible, but they make really good stuff to help scars heal w/o scar tissue now. Kallie was much more informed than I and I agree with her that B cups are lovely but I never made it to the B cup on one side....so for me it was a good decision thus far! I have also heard a few horror stories of women who went to the same plastic surgeon as I and had multiple problems, so I guess it's maybe we're all different and some people react differently to foreign bodies placed inside them as a permanent feature! Always remember it's definitely an invasive procedure and with any invasive procedure there is always a chance of infection and/or side effects. Good luck with your decision hun! :)

learningtopleez
06-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Now that is something, do they allso have repo men if you are late on a payment do they come and reposus your knockers. Now there is a job i'd sign up for.

Mobius,
Can't give you an answer on this one as I paid in full for mine....but I definitely will have to call them and ask!!!.........LOL If they do and have an opening...ya wanna I put in a word for you??? ;)

Mobius
06-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Mobius,
Can't give you an answer on this one as I paid in full for mine....but I definitely will have to call them and ask!!!.........LOL If they do and have an opening...ya wanna I put in a word for you??? ;)

Tit Repo man, Now that is just a little to gorry for me.
But thanks any way

Alaric
06-06-2004, 12:42 AM
Check out the Brava system:
http://www.brava.com/

Basically, it uses controlled suction over a period of weeks to enlarge the breasts. I don't know of anyone who has used this, but saw it on Good Morning America a while back.

Check it out, I think it is less expensive than surgery, but takes something like 10 weeks.

Curtis
10-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Since I don't remember the details, I probably shouldn't even bring this up, but there are other non-surgical alternatives. The one in particular that I'm trying desperately to remember the name of (no joy) is what you might call the "think" system.

I have an ex-girlfriend who signed up for it with two of her friends. It starts with a teaching seminar, then you attend a weekly support group. At the seminar they explain to you exactly how your breasts are constructed and what the biological processes are to create breast growth. You're then taught how to induce a state of self-hypnosis, in which you 'feel' these processes at work and imagine how you want your breasts to look. You're supposed to spend an hour a night at this and keep it up for about six months (or until you're either satisfied or discouraged).

My ex- managed to maintain her interest in the project for about two months. When she started to feel things happening in her breasts, she got all panicy and quit (in spite of her constant complaining about how small she was, I believe that it was so much a part of her self-image that she just couldn't mentally handle looking different). As I guy who prefers small-breasted women, I was happier than all hell, of course. Her two friends stuck it out for another month and claimed a one-cup and a half-cup growth, which was supposed to be typical.

Still can't remember the name of the program, though. Sorry.

Tang
10-29-2004, 03:22 AM
Not a major issue but not a humorous point and hopefully not a concern for you for decades to come, but if you have silicone, you will have to be buried as they are liable to explode in a crematorium. Though I have heard of women leaving them to their daughters, by then presumably technology will have moved on. A plus is that given they will last on average 10,000 years before rotting away, archaeologists will have a good idea of what part of you looked like.

AndrewBlack
10-29-2004, 08:01 AM
Leaving them to their daughters, that is absolutely foul!

slavelucy
10-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Leaving them to their daughters, that is absolutely foul!

Ugh - i agree. Brings a whole new meaning to phrases like 'she's got her mother's eyes, you know'...yikes!

It's a good point though, Tang, the whole not being cremated element, depressing, but all worth consideration.

Some of Curtis' suggestions sounded quite interesting.

sl