PDA

View Full Version : Spam Alert: Spammers mass-mailing PM's

GaryWilcox
06-04-2004, 07:02 PM
A user was deleted earlier for sending ads to the majority of the membership without permissions. A few hours later, he did the same thing, again.

I apologize for not catching him sooner. If you see any subsequent ads in your PM box, please notify us in this thread (as opposed to our PM boxes) and we'll take care of it. Hopefully we can find a solution to this that makes this kind of mass mailing impossible through vBulletin. I'll keep you informed.

Yours in funny pants,

His_sweet_song
06-05-2004, 12:48 AM
i was not sure exactly where to post this so will put it here,i recieved an email notification that i had a pm here on the boards,but there is no sign of said pm in my message box,has this happened to anyone else and how could it be rectified....help would as always be very much appreciated...

thank you for your time

GaryWilcox
06-05-2004, 03:36 AM
i was not sure exactly where to post this so will put it here,i recieved an email notification that i had a pm here on the boards,but there is no sign of said pm in my message box,has this happened to anyone else and how could it be rectified....help would as always be very much appreciated...

thank you for your time

That was probably one of the two messages I deleted earlier from this same guy. (I have the ability to delete every message sent from a spammer.)

Katmandu
06-05-2004, 04:15 AM
Thank you, All Powerful One! It was rather disturbing getting hit with an ad in PM for this Forum. Glad you could get rid of the creep!

Barton
06-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Glad you bounced him. I was pretty upset by his bull. Any way you could have him flayed and boiled in oil? :p

Barton

Lord Douche
03-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Doesn't look like this has stopped, just moved from the forums to the main site. I've had 2 e-mails recently that look very spam-ish.
LD

Get Paid doing what you are already doing! Writing Erotic Literature! We think you could benifit by checking out our Author Guidelines At Bondage Bookshelf and find out if you qualify. We Think You Do! http://www.bondagebookshelf.com/authors/

Hi,

I am the webmaster of a brand new BDSM online community (DominationWeb.) and looking at your writings I thought you would be interested to know about us.

DominationWeb.com aims to provide the best technology to the BDSM community and it currently allows users to create a detailed profile, search for other members, see who’s online, rate other users, publish stories, chat and participate in online discussions amongst other things.

The site is free and was launched one month ago but the feedback so far has been extremely good and we are now looking for good BDSM erotic story writers who would like to benefit from the additional exposure our technology can bring.

If you want to have a look, please go to www.dominationweb.com and I hope you will enjoy using this new BDSM online community as much as we enjoyed building it.

Thanks,

Cedric.
Webmaster
DominationWeb.com
Meet your limits!

Tiger
03-11-2005, 09:58 PM
I have contacted Webmaster@dominationweb.com and he promised not to send any message through the online author email form. If any of you find this kind of them through the online form, please let me know. But I am afraid I can't do much if anyone does it again through normail emails.

Jinn