PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my new rubber vibrator.

tehya
06-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Today I bought a new vibrator. All my others have always been made out of the hard plastic. This one however is made of some type of rubber material.

When I took it out of the package it had a bit of a sticky feel to it and a pungent smell, so I washed it with a mild dish soap, and rinsed it throughly.

This is the problem. I used it for the first time tonight. And although I liked everything about it, there was just one problem. It seems to soak up any and all of my bodies juices. So much so that I constantly had to add lubricant. And this was even after several orgasms.

My questions: Is there some way to make the plastic not absorb the fluids it comes in contact with? Is there a way to "cure" the plastic, so it may perhaps stay slippery and not so porous? Or will I just have to continue using the lubricant?

Master's tehya

Pickety Witch
06-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Funnily enough I am about to make a purchase of this nature and was going to go for a softer version this time. Now I'm not so sure.

There are so many varieties to choose from and buying online as I usually do , you are never really sure of what you are buying, in that you are not sure if its right for you.

I think I will go to the local shop and have a good look around. (yes the sex shop is local to me!) I can have a good look and decide which one is right for me. From what teyha has said, I think I will go more for the the harder type. I imagine there is nothing more annoying than having to keep reapplying lube all the time.

I too await any comments on this.

Jones, Nikka
06-06-2004, 02:09 AM
It is a fact. Rubber toys will absorb some of your bodly fluids, no matter what. Even the "jelly" type of plastic will do so, although not so much. It is a small price to pay for the comfort of the added softness. They have to be thoroughly cleaned after each usage and are not to be shared, ever.

All this means your toys will have to be replaced more often than hard plastic ones. (well, it depends on how often you use them). Some times I wish I bought some shares in the company that makes them, I would get some of my money back! :)

tehya
06-06-2004, 02:24 AM
Funnily enough I am about to make a purchase of this nature and was going to go for a softer version this time. Now I'm not so sure.

There are so many varieties to choose from and buying online as I usually do , you are never really sure of what you are buying, in that you are not sure if its right for you.

I think I will go to the local shop and have a good look around. (yes the sex shop is local to me!) I can have a good look and decide which one is right for me. From what teyha has said, I think I will go more for the the harder type. I imagine there is nothing more annoying than having to keep reapplying lube all the time.

I too await any comments on this.

Hiya Pichety Witch!

Well don't be too dishearted to the softer vibes... I love this ones feel and flexibility, just a bit bothersome having to keep the lube handing. I think every girl should have at least one... I am looking to purchase a jelly vibe next time. I have heard rave reviews about them, and I want it to be waterproof. *wink wink*

Anyway, have fun with your new toy!

Master's tehya

tehya
06-06-2004, 02:27 AM
It is a fact. Rubber toys will absorb some of your bodly fluids, no matter what. Even the "jelly" type of plastic will do so, although not so much. It is a small price to pay for the comfort of the added softness. They have to be thoroughly cleaned after each usage and are not to be shared, ever.

All this means your toys will have to be replaced more often than hard plastic ones. (well, it depends on how often you use them). Some times I wish I bought some shares in the company that makes them, I would get some of my money back! :)

Nikka,

Yeah, who knew!!! LOL I should have known better to post first, buy later! Thanks for the info though. It will help with my next purchase... as i said above, I am going to try out the jelly type next.

I was told to try using a little spray vegetable oil on it and see if that doesn't help, but after reading your post, I am inclined to believe nothing it going to change how it works. Except lots of lube. LOL Oh and someone else said to just put a condom on it. I supose that is another answer, but a girl never thought she would need a condom for her own toys...

Thanks so much!

Master's tehya

Kalluss
06-06-2004, 08:42 AM
In the long run, your tool eerrr.. ummm toy will last longer if you protect it with a condom. That, and you have to wonder, just what's taking place inside where all those soaked in fluids are going. microbially speaking of course.

We had a very nice jelly that some idiot tried to clean and make it lose that smell. The only effect was that the harsh cleaner I used on it made the jelly kinda gooey on the surface. It was a nice tool and one that the m-jo liked a whole lot.

Being the crafty sort, I grabbed one of those long ballons they sell for kids at the grocery store forced it open using a speculum kinda gadget and rolled it back over the jelly, using tiny admounts of clear rtv to ensure no slipping. I stopped rolling just past the knot. It saved the toy, and it actually cut down on a couple of the rougher ridges on it, and is still one of the m-jo's favorite.

The only thing worse than admitting infidelity is admitting that you've royally fucked up your partners favorite toy. IMHO.

Katmandu
06-07-2004, 03:46 AM
;) Oooohhh Kalluss!

The only thing worse than admitting infidelity is admitting that you've royally fucked up your partners favorite toy. IMHO.
HaHaHa....Say, when's the day come when a Dom can be punished for screw ups? :eek:

slavelucy
06-07-2004, 06:47 AM

LOL! Yeah, good point! :D

In terms of problem - i have a soft vibe somewhere with which i had this exact problem...it's flexibility was appealing, but it's tendancy to absorb everything and cause friction was very annoying. (*sigh* there's always a 'catch' isn't there! ;) ). In the end, i think i just stopped bothering with it, the odd time i do use it, it's only externally to um..push on certain areas, *blushes*, i wouldn't use it to fuck anymore.

Other than carrying on with the lube or using a condom, i can't really think of any other suggestions...

lucy

tehya
06-14-2004, 11:57 PM
LOL! Yeah, good point! :D

In terms of problem - i have a soft vibe somewhere with which i had this exact problem...it's flexibility was appealing, but it's tendancy to absorb everything and cause friction was very annoying. (*sigh* there's always a 'catch' isn't there! ;) ). In the end, i think i just stopped bothering with it, the odd time i do use it, it's only externally to um..push on certain areas, *blushes*, i wouldn't use it to fuck anymore.

Other than carrying on with the lube or using a condom, i can't really think of any other suggestions...

lucy

Hey luce!!!

I have decided to live with the issue of fluid loss.. Heck that is why they invented lubricant.. and the condom idea was even better. I really have grown attached to my hot red chili pepper (as i have now named it). LOL

Master's tehya

MrJerseyGuy
06-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Funny because as I read through the thread that was going to be my suggestion...when in doubt LUBE...then lube some more! I'm a big fan of the flexible (in my opinion, more "lifelike") toys for penetration. Although I have never been the recipient, I've also never had any complaints...even after extended sessions

AndrewBlack
06-19-2004, 01:39 AM
I have a similar experience to Mr JerseyGuy ( unless I'm using a different thing altogether ), buckets of lube and it stays really sloppy for a good long time, have you tried different lubes with it? I must admit I share the concerns about the absorbance creating a small ecosystem within the vibe, I try and disinfect these things after use.

tehya
06-21-2004, 01:05 AM
Thank you everyone for responding to this thread. I have decided that I like the vibe enough to live with the small little issues...

I only hope my Master never destroyes one of this girls favorite toys... but hey could be worth a new one and a few extras thrown in from the guilt... LOL

Thanks again all...

Master's tehya