PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Story News

Lord Douche
06-06-2004, 12:00 AM
This might not be so useful for short stories or anything, but for longer works, it would be useful to have a way of informing the readers of progress on your story. As it is, I use the review system and simply reply to them with what they can expect soon up. Perhaps a more formal method of doing this, like the current review system but a section where only the Author can post.
LD

Lord Thomas
06-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Not a bad idea, LD.

Lord Douche
06-06-2004, 04:30 AM
Thanks, Lord Thomas. Glad you like it.

Tiger
06-10-2004, 01:30 PM
I am working on an author system so that authors can easily update info and send stories. After that, the feature you suggested will be added.

boccaccio2000g
06-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Jinn, do you know what would be nice? A way for authors to update their synopses,"author's notes" -- all those fields available when we "submit" an installment -- without bothering you, simply by typing the new material into a field as we do here. I would love to change some of the material on some of my stories, but don't want to overburden you -- if everyone did that frequently, you'd probably never get anything else done.

It would be very nice if the author (and only the author, I guess) could edit that material at will -- just as we can edit reviews, items in our profile, etc.

If this were possible, it would also be a way to "freshen" the data base regularly, as authors, I think would occasionally find new ways to describe themselves and their stories -- particularly the longer stories.

Just a thought,

Boccaccio

Tiger
06-10-2004, 09:06 PM
That's exactly what I am going to do with the new author system. Authors will be able to change all the info about themselves and their stories, except the story file update. One reason is I still don't have or can't think of a good system to manage the story text automatically. So I will still manually check the format before uploading the files.