PDA

View Full Version : Men and Women's Health forums

wingsofanangel
08-21-2008, 03:53 PM
This is a thread I start http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17023

After talking with some folks in the chat, they all thought it was a great thread and suggested I suggest it to become part of the forum..

We could have a section for :

Men's health/body

and

Women's health/body.

Where people could post questions, concerns, stories, etc and that way it would be easy to find specfic topics that would interest someone (rather than serching through one thread) ...

Like some of our more mature females may wish to share what its like to be going through menopause.

Those who have experienced things like ovarian cancer, breast cancer, etc can share.

And those who are curious can ask questions like I did... about women's health products and monthly exams.

And for men they of course can post things like erectial disfuntion and the types of health issues men may be more likely to suffer from.

I don't think it should be a advice forum persay ( because Dr. know best) but rather a place to ask and share... and post links to actual health web sites.

I know I feel more comfortable here there anywhere else discussing my body and health.

Thanks for your time...

good_girl
08-21-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't think it should be a advice forum persay ( because Dr. know best) but rather a place to ask and share... and post links to actual health web sites.

I know I feel more comfortable here there anywhere else discussing my body and health.

I agree Dr. knows best but the fact is if someone wants to find info online they will...I would much rather get my info from friends here than elsewhere online...this is an excellent idea and am sure I would be looking at it...but for the safety of the site a disclaimer should probably be added to this effect

gagged_Louise
08-23-2008, 04:27 AM
Good idea, wings. Not everybody is comfortable with discussing this kind of thing with the doctor esp. not when there isn't a confirmed diagnosis yet. And it's too common that you get a likely diagnosis or a referral for surgery or something but the actual event - the operation or therapy - is still a long way ahead. Landing in a queue makes your head buzz with questions, doesn't it?

Torq
08-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Add's to list of things to do !

Thanks

T

wingsofanangel
08-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I'll even get topics started. I'll research common men and women health topics and get a few posts started once the forum is up and put definitions of each one... and then people can post accordingly... yanno just to get the ball rolling..

If .... that's of course okay with everyone.

good_girl
08-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I'll even get topics started. I'll research common men and women health topics and get a few posts started once the forum is up and put definitions of each one... and then people can post accordingly... yanno just to get the ball rolling..

If .... that's of course okay with everyone.

Sounds great to me...thanks for offering to get this started :ty

Torq
08-24-2008, 02:08 PM
woa,

You asked for it ,, here it be ,, LOL

THANKS

T

wingsofanangel
08-24-2008, 03:46 PM
WOO HOO thanks T!