PDA

View Full Version : Would you be interested in joining a fit club on bdsmlibrary?

wingsofanangel
08-24-2008, 04:49 PM
I was thinking, as open as a place as this is and discussing practically every other avenue of our lives, why not our health and body issues?

Would anyone be interested in creating a "FIT CLUB" and helping and encouraging one another to get in shape?

We could share dieting tips. Exercise tips. Healthy lifestyle tips.

Whether you want to loose 200 lbs or 5 lbs. Or just tone up those muscles, everyone is invited!

It's not about looking perfect, but being healthy. So, before I go through the efforts of trying to get something organized, do we have anyone that would actually be interested? And what tools would you like to see?

What about blogs or diaries to share? Food diaries? Exercise diaries? Sharing recipies? Sharing exercise tips? The list could go on and on. Please give your opinions!

amosse85
08-24-2008, 06:28 PM
The first rule of fit club is, you do not talk about fit club.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

denuseri
08-25-2008, 06:48 AM
This sounds like a fun idea.

sisterhoney61 {RW}
08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
This does sound like a fun idea. I am in the process right now of trying to get more healthy. I'm currently living with several chronic illnesses and I'm focusing more and more on my health and well-being. I recently started going to a gym and I've been discovering that I actually enjoy working out. And since I am moving ever closer to menopause, I am more focused on making sure that I am up to date on my GYN appointments and the latest research in women's health.

denuseri
08-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Oh dear me is it time for my gyn stories to cum out?

Ragoczy
08-26-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm going to throw an unsolicited plug for Weight Watchers in here.

Both my kitten and I had put on some weight over the years, she started Weight Watchers in January and I participated to support her. We both lost the amounts we wanted to. kitten's now a lifetime member and gets the program free so long as she doesn't go more than two pounds over her goal weight.

The reason I plug them is because it's a rational way to weight loss. It's a not a diet, it's not a special food plan, it's a lifestyle program to learn normal, healthy eating habits with a support group structure that worked well for us. You could do the same thing by counting calories and fat yourself, but their program and tools make it easier.

kissmelips
08-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Although my body is one of the things I'm most satisfied with about myself, I think that a fit club would be wonderful! Being healthy isn't the same as being skinny, and a lot of people forget that when dieting (myself included). A fit club would benefit everyone, regardless of their size and shape. Exercising and eating right makes you a happier person.. and gives you more energy too. ;)

wingsofanangel
08-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Sounds great so far.

Does anyone have any ideas on what they would like see included? What would you be willing to share? Would you be willing to blog your food or physical activities?

Input please! I just wanna see what most be are comfortable with. And yes, this isn't to win anything or see who can drop the most weight, I just want to encourage everyone to be healthy. Like I said whether its dropping weight, toning up, eating better, quiting smoking anything!

What do YOU want?

lolita
08-28-2008, 09:40 PM
i would definately join

patricialynn
10-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I would join....especially if there were some tips and stretches I could do to be more comfortable in certain bondage scenarios!

I do want to be more toned and fit for my Master

icey
11-10-2008, 10:32 AM
i wouldnt be joining and i dont want to appear a know all (cos im not) but i am pretty well up on all forms of healthy well balanced eating and dieting ,exercise,calorie counting, where the calories come from in individual foods, how much cals burned dependant upon body size ,age,sex, height excersise, duration, bmi etc and i also have links to some good and informative sites ...and im happy to help outif thats of any use at all?

charliegirlnaked
11-21-2008, 01:16 PM
I think this would be awesome!!!! Honestly I know how to drop weight and succeed in every unhealthy way imaginable Id like to learn how to eat balanced and healthy:)

ITGirl
11-24-2008, 09:46 PM
I think it's a great idea. I am always looking for additional motivation in my healtifying goals.

icey
12-05-2008, 03:28 PM
did this ever get going?
btw here is a great link for anyone wanting to know calorie content in just about every food and drink you can think of, including takeaways such as mcdonalds etc.
it also tells you amount of excersise of different types to do to burn off the calories in that food.

http://www.calorieking.com/

and here's a calculator for checking BMI
http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/body_weight/healthy_weight/bmi_calculator.htm

Dr_BuzzCzar
12-05-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm in shape...pear is a shape, right?

Zarine13
12-05-2008, 08:03 PM
If this gets going, I'd be happy to join up.

I've lost 70 lbs in the last year. I have 50 more to go. I'd be happy to share what i've learned and what works for me (although, every body is different)

And I'm always happy to hear other people's experiences as well as ideas.

BelovedPet
12-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Awesome and congratulations!

If this gets going, I'd be happy to join up.

I've lost 70 lbs in the last year. I have 50 more to go. I'd be happy to share what i've learned and what works for me (although, every body is different)

And I'm always happy to hear other people's experiences as well as ideas.

digitalcalliope
12-11-2008, 02:30 PM
did this ever get going?
btw here is a great link for anyone wanting to know calorie content in just about every food and drink you can think of, including takeaways such as mcdonalds etc.
it also tells you amount of excersise of different types to do to burn off the calories in that food.

http://www.calorieking.com/

Thanks Icey! ^_^ This seems like a great tool for putting things into perspective. I do however, want to put out a warning. You don't necessarily want to burn off every calorie of everything you eat! Remember that your body requires anywhere from about 1500 - 2200 Calories (kcal) per day to maintain basic body function. (Do you enjoy using your brain? It needs food too!) This number varies depending on age and weight. Here is a fairly good website for figuring that out:

http://www.marathonguide.com/FitnessCalcs/Caloricneeds.cfm

Just make sure you eat healthy, exercise and keep in mind, everything in moderation. Once you get that down everything else comes easier. Speaking of which, I'd love to join the club! Sounds like fun. :D

icey
12-16-2008, 08:46 AM
im not trying to be a know all but here's a few tips that might come in handy..

when excersising make sure you do it before you eat your main meal of the day,this keeps your metabolism more consistant and it will continue to stay stable and burn on and off throughout the evening. a lot of people think you should excersise after eating thats not true! soon after eating the calores fat fibre and so on is absorbed so excersising with the intention of burning some of those cals is futile.
and rather than drinking water during your work out take an orange and have a segment or 2 from time to time.

during excersise especially cardio you retain too much fluid and salt when drinking water,(no thats nothing to do with salt in water lol, i mean the bodys natural salts such as potassium etc) which will actually slow down your heartrate a little and will make you feel slightly more sluggish, but the orange will refresh you and help keep your sugar levels and energy up.
hope thats of some help.

TantricSoul
01-14-2010, 11:04 PM
For anyone interested, the Fit Club is back, after having been wiped out in the crash.
Everyone is invited to join, and now is a good time as it is currently "under construction" and you can help build it in a way that is useful to you and others.

Anyway here's the link, hope to see you there!

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/group.php?groupid=35

*PS my apologies to those of you who have been waiting patiently for its return*

Respectfully,
TS