PDA

View Full Version : Artwork

S_Couture
11-20-2002, 11:53 AM
I've been trying to do a couple of illustrations for some of my stories. So far I've just got a completed pencil drawing. Anybody have some suggestions on what I need to do to add color?

(Books/software) that would be easy to use and not cost an arm and a leg.

BDSM_Tourguide
11-20-2002, 01:34 PM
YES! I know exactly what you need!

Originally posted by S_Couture
I've been trying to do a couple of illustrations for some of my stories. So far I've just got a completed pencil drawing. Anybody have some suggestions on what I need to do to add color?

Oh. never mind. I don't know what you need, then. :)

LaJan
11-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Actually, I really don't think you need to add colour to a very fine and finished piece! Why do you feel added colour is needed? The starkness of BDSM in black and white is arresting and you have done a great job capturing it. Consider making full colour artwork as something entirely different than your pencil or charcoal drawings. If you choose to do both, you will certainly have a wider audience. Colour for me means nothing (I am colourblind). It's the essence of the art that moves me.

Dude/Dudette, I love it the way it is. LOL! :D

S_Couture
11-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Thanks. As you can see I changed my mind about the whole coloring thing. The black and white is growing on me.

S_Couture
11-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Here's a new one.

LaJan
11-12-2003, 12:38 AM
You've seen the light! You really know how to draw and you need never think otherwise. I think your work is just fine in this form and it makes my excitement level rise, that's for sure! Thanks for sharing it and thanks for seeing "the potential in the pencil".

Here's a new one.

BrazenBitch
12-07-2003, 10:26 PM
i really like your illustration. i wish i could draw!

teamster
04-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Dear Couture... To answer your original question, I don't know what kind of system you are running, but I believe that Adobe Illustrator is still pretty much the state-of -the-art program for creating and/or manipulating still images [as opposed to animations]. I know that this is what my ex uses in her work as a graphic designer for an ad agency, and I have found it useful myself in taking artwork which I had already created [such as the avatar which accompanies my pen name] and adapting or editing it, etc.

Mobius
04-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Here's a new one.
I fear i must point out that there heads are to big for there bodies.
I said that I fear to point this out for I have no artistic talent at all my illustrations would be stick figures.

S_Couture
05-24-2004, 03:06 PM
What's closer to you appears larger. It's a matter of perspective.

D. Atrocity
05-24-2004, 05:01 PM
I can't vouch for this, but Ive been told that Corel Photopaint 9 is a good program for computer art, if you want to look into it. I don't have this myself, so I can't tell you the cost. Wish I could be more help. :o