PDA

View Full Version : BDSM and christianity

ickleimi
09-12-2008, 03:27 AM
Can a christian take part in BDSM activities or is against their religion?

fetishdj
09-12-2008, 05:19 AM
There is no easy answer to this as 'it depends'. It depends, for example, on the nature of your christianity - which particular sect or church you go to. It also depends largely on your own or your sect's interpretation of the gospels, which can vary wildly from group to group.

There are some interesting discussions on elements of this question elsewhere in the forums (in the religion and philosophy section mostly). Most of it revolves around looking at the activities, looking at the bible and trying to see if you can interpret the bible in a way which both fits in with your opinions on religion and religion in general. There are even some elements of the bible which could be read as pro BDSM, mainly the more misogynistic parts about women obeying their menfolk. A lot of it talks about 'respect for elders' or 'authority' which is basically what TPE is all about.

I have known a few Christians who have looked at their required lifestyle choices and selectively ignored the 'Christian party line' for that lifestyle. Mostly to do with sex before marriage.

GearJammer
09-12-2008, 04:17 PM
I wish I knew how to link it for you on this board software, but I do not. Below, in this list of threads, is a thread titled, "Can Religion and BDSM interests co-exist?" It is largely an answer to your question.