PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Ike

mkemse
09-12-2008, 06:57 PM
To anyone and Everyone on this Site who is or will be in the Path Of Hurricane Ike, my thoughts and Prayers are with you

PropertyOfMasterJoey
09-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks alot. Like i've said before i'm far enough away to stay mostly safe but it's storming like crazy and if it shows signs of moving any closer we'll have to evacuate. i'm really scared cuz Master's away on a business trip and can't come back. i mean He's trying to cuz He knows if i have to evacuate i'll have nowhere to go but He physically can't get here, all the airlines are shut down.

PropertyOfMasterJoey
09-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Hey E/everyone. The storm hit here alot harder than i thought it would. my neighbor's car and another neighbor's house got crushed by trees. All the plants and bushes in our yard got uprooted and there's wreckage everywhere. It's kinda scary. There's no power, luckily Master bought a generator before He left. i'm just nervous cuz the phone lines are completely out and my cell has no bars at all. If anything happens to me i'll have no way of getting in touch with Him.

Thorne
09-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Hey E/everyone. The storm hit here alot harder than i thought it would. my neighbor's car and another neighbor's house got crushed by trees. All the plants and bushes in our yard got uprooted and there's wreckage everywhere. It's kinda scary. There's no power, luckily Master bought a generator before He left. i'm just nervous cuz the phone lines are completely out and my cell has no bars at all. If anything happens to me i'll have no way of getting in touch with Him.
We went through the same thing after Hurricane Hugo in '89. If you don't have damage to your home, count your blessings. I had two trees down on the house, with lots of damage.

Stay safe. The phones should come back pretty quickly, probably before the power. You may want to eat any perishables you have in your refrigerator, and then from your freezer, before too long. Save the canned goods for later if you can. Hopefully, though, it will only be a day or two without power.

Above all, be careful! Just because the storm is over doesn't mean damaged trees and power lines can't still come down. Stay inside if you can, at least for a day or so.

Cheer up, though. You will get through it. And you'll remember it almost as an adventure. Not one you would want to repeat, but an adventure nonetheless.

PropertyOfMasterJoey
09-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah, thanks. i'm just the nervous type. i'm very lucky in comparison with most people here. There's no flooding here, though down the street it's pretty terrible. i've never been through a hurricane before. ugh it's so hot and humid. Take Texas weather, double the humidity, and take out the AC and that's how it feels here. i'm keeping everyone else in the hurricane's path in my thoughts, though i think the worst is over. Galveston got torn up so anyone from there you're at the top of my prayer list.

mkemse
09-13-2008, 11:21 AM

Have Faith, hopefully the worst is now over, you may still get lot of rian but I hope thwinds and other distruction are gone
I will continue to keep you in my thoughts:wave:

PropertyOfMasterJoey
09-20-2008, 02:54 PM
if finally got power back! thanks for all of Y/yall's support through this. It helped a ton :-)

mkemse
09-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Glad to hear everyone made it through, hopefllu the worst of the 2008 Hurricane Season is over, i know the season isn't yet but maybe the worst is

PropertyOfMasterJoey
09-20-2008, 06:01 PM
sure hope so, that's enough damage for one season :-\ luckily people were evacuated on time and i haven't heard much about any lives lost